• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oh yeah, the green one! what was its name again?

Years
  • how open are you with your love and knowledge of pokémon? would you feel comfortable telling people you were talking to if it were relevant? do you think you'd be okay talking about pokémon with a friend if you were on, say, a bus with a lot of strangers around? if the discussion came up, would you pretend you know less about the series so you come off less 'nerdy'?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I could care less what people think anymore. I'll talk to anybody anywhere about Pokémon. I see no difference between Pokémon and any other large game franchise.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh, for sure! I don't care anymore, I'll talk Pokémon with anyone, lol.

Years
  • This brings back mildly hurtful memories of friends who shut me up when were talking about Pokémon when other boys from class came near, in like 6th, 7th grade?

Today we college students talk about them among ourselves freely (and surprisingly often, there's lots of Pokémon fans at my university), so it's much better when you grow out of the "OMG everything I like is so lame and embarrassing and I'll be mocked and humiliated by others if they hear about it" phase of the early teens.

Years
  • Tbf I'm a lot better with it now than I used to be! Me and my cousin talk Pokemon usually when I'm round his house and my girlfriend has just accepted I'm a big kid and although she doesn't understand it, she'd never judge me for something like that haha. It never really comes up in conversation with my mates though tbh, but if it did I'd be up for discussing Pokemon for sure :)

pkmin3033

I'm not exactly open about how I still follow Pokemon, but I don't tell everyone I meet that I can still sing the original Pokerap or anything. If it came up in conversation I would be fine talking about it - if people are listening to my conversation in a public place and don't like what they're hearing, they can sod off and stop eavesdropping - but I wouldn't start a conversation about it. Nothing I do will make me appear less convincingly nerdy so I might as well run with it, haha.

Years
  • i feel like i'd be happy if i came across anyone period that had an interest in pokemon in my area. xD; so sure, i wouldn't be afraid talking about it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not at all comfortable with taking about Pokemon. I was at the type of high school where people would look for anything to bully each other over. I just learned to stay quiet of my interests for those 4 years, as mostly a defense mechanism.

Since graduation, I've been able to shake that mentality off a little bit. But I've really enjoyed this forum as a way of discussing Pokemon, since I wasn't able to do that comfortably elsewhere.

Roaming Emboar

Unovian Enhtusiast
    Years
  • Only with my few friends. Other than that, I wouldn't talk about Pokemon with strangers. People tried avoiding me just cause I owned a 3ds.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to get made fun of for my interests at school, so I sorta learned to keep more quite about them. Since then though, I've allowed myself to talk more openly about them, including Pokemon!!

Years
  • I couldn't care less what people think of me when they realize I know TMI about Pokemon. If I'm talking to a friend about it in a public area, I know it's gonna be at a respectable volume to try and respect other people's hearing space. If they judge, they judge. Not like I'm ever gonna see them again lmao.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I am an overt and obvious Pokemon fan irl, so I don't care what people think about me. I'd never pretend like I don't now stuff about Pokemon since it's a part of my daily life. I'm a proud Pokemon fan, and I'll never be ashamed that I like it, ever. If people wanna judge me, that's their problem, lmfao. I'll talk about Pokemon w/anyone, really, except strangers.

Years
  • I've literally had some of the younger people at work come up to me and ask questions about Pokemon stuff just because they figure I know everything about it, haha. I have no reason to feel ashamed or anything about liking Pokemon- it's just one of my many interests so I'm always happy to talk about it!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never been particularly subtle about my love for Pokémon. If I'm not physically using a Pokémon bag to carry my stuff, I've got my fuzzy Pikachu transit pass holder attached to it. I have a lot of Pokémon stationery.

I may not necessarily bring it up or anything, but I don't deny it and if anyone wants to use my stuff as a conversation starter, I welcome it!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I'm not at all comfortable with taking about Pokemon. I was at the type of high school where people would look for anything to bully each other over. I just learned to stay quiet of my interests for those 4 years, as mostly a defense mechanism.

Since graduation, I've been able to shake that mentality off a little bit. But I've really enjoyed this forum as a way of discussing Pokemon, since I wasn't able to do that comfortably elsewhere.

u can do it i promise, u can find people that's interested to your subject............

Back