• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube gets new UI and new logo

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Not a huge fan of the new shade of red. I'm not really a fan of Material Design overall but I don't really mind the way they integrated that into YouTube.

I wonder if the new design comes with new policies? Lately, videos of many content creators are being demonetized because they, supposedly, are not suitable for all advertisers, which sucks for some people who actually make a living out of YouTube.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    However, it'd be really nice if they worked on bringing YouTube Red to Canada :/
    Especially since, from what I've heard, a view from a Red user is more valuable to a Youtuber than just a regular view. And with a lot of video makers losing their advertising (many times for no reason at all), it would definitely help if more countries could make use of Youtube Red.

In the meanwhile, the new UI really isn't that much of a change for me. Except the red is ridiculously bright, and I have eye saver mode and f.lux to dim my monitor when I'm watching videos. The red still hurts my eyes when I first go to Youtube.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I don't mind the new logo, but the new UI is confusing, I thought they would implement some kind of simplistic UI, but not this simple, it looks a lot messier without borders.

Years
  • The red in the logo is too... red
    I have been seeing the new UI elements in the desktop site on other computers, but mine doesn't. Looks plain old YouTube but with the newer shade and logo. I also tried the new design that they've been working on (https://youtube.com/new). The sidebar keeps on disappearing, its really annoying. I've switched back but I'm kinda disappointed since it has a dark theme :/

(if you want to switch back to old youtube [if you've clicked on the youtube.com/new link], you can go back to the classic design by clicking on your avatar on top left side, and click on the last option "Restore Old YouTube")

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • (if you want to switch back to old youtube [if you've clicked on the youtube.com/new link], you can go back to the classic design by clicking on your avatar on top left side, and click on the last option "Restore Old YouTube")

o m g

you are a godsend thank you

i s2g i hated the new ui smh, glad they didnt remove that feature, hopefully not.

Last edited:
    Years
  • (if you want to switch back to old youtube [if you've clicked on the youtube.com/new link], you can go back to the classic design by clicking on your avatar on top left side, and click on the last option "Restore Old YouTube")

Thanks for that! While that new logo stays, I'm happy we can switch back to the old layout.

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • I don't like it. It seems sloppy without the borders, and it just feels foreign and strange to me..

Edit: I can't seem to find the avatar at the top left in youtube.com/new. Idk what it is. I'm logged in lol, but I just can't seem to do it

Last edited:
    Back