• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film The Lion King (Live Action) First Trailer Released!!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Somehow Seth Rogen got second billing, but this looks great!

Years
  • The Lion King is my all time favorite Disney movie so I am so excited for this. It looks fantastic and I love the cast!

Years
  • Why tamper with perfection, was my original thought when I first heard about this remake, but I'm developed a more sanguine outlook. This looks pretty fun! It must be said that Simba looks slightly less, well, handsome, but it's all in the character so I suppose things will flesh out.

There will still be singing, right? I mean, it'll probably look bloody stupid if CGI lions start singing Can You Feel The Love Tonight but if I don't hear Be Prepared then I may cry.

omg this looks fricken amazing. My only gripe is they got rid of Ed, who was one of my favorite Hyenas. :c

As a child, Ed was one of the best representations of me. Naturally I share your grief.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    aaaaAAAAA

In the past, I've been skeptical about live action remakes of old classic Disney tales. They changed a lot in 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book etc... But After seeing how very very faithful, even down to specific scenes, Beauty and the Beast was, I'm actually hyped for this now! This looks to be in the same vein as that, them actually reproducing many scenes exactly like in the animated movie. It looks so great just from this trailer.

They absolutely have got to make the animals talk properly. And sing :D I wonder how they will make the trippy scenery of Just Can't Wait To Be King look in this version XD

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • The computer generated imagery is stunning. I hope the story will be treated with this much care.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I always love live-action Disney remakes - something really cool about seeing these colourful animations we saw as a kid come to life, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one as well!

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    This Lion King remake is gonna be what makes or breaks this trend Disney is going for - it's the most beloved of the renaissance era and it's the one that Disney clearly is banking on, judging by it being led in by subpar live action remakes and the focus on an extremely high quality cast to boot. I don't see anything particularly interesting from the trailer so far, as it just seems to be emulating the classic movie with nothing artistically engaging going for it. It's all down to the voice actors to save this one.

I'm not a fan of the trend at all, and it just speaks to the future of enforced blandness from Disney's monolithic status, but I will give Beyoncé my coin on this one.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    The Lion King was my favourite of that era growing up; I'd watch it on repeat as a toddler/small child. I'm really hoping this remake can deliver... with the Disney live action remakes they have been hit and miss so far for me.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Jeremy Irons will always be better than whomever they got to reprise him. "Be Prepared" won't be the same either, if they do it at all. "Can't wait to be King" also is unlikely to be done but eh what do I know. Also the fresh out of Antelope line kind of goes out the window if you watch the latest trailer.

Years
  • Its kinda more way realistic and always resemble to that of real life in such a way!!!

Can't to see how difference between the original and cgi/live action-like.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Um...is it wrong to say I actually think it looked bad? >_>

I honestly don't really know what I was expecting going in, but the first thing that popped into my head were those Disney Air Bud movies where the animals talk in terms of quality. I'm a wee disappointed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I need to see it. On opening day.

Last edited:
    Back