• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rage Quit

Years
  • Simply: what is the most defining moment in a game which has just made you up and quit it, want to throw it or yourself out of a window, etc? Had a boss frustrate you beyond belief (and why is it Gizamaluke in Final Fantasy 9); a scene which gets you every time (and why is it climbing the GODDAMNED STAIRS IN METAL GEAR SOLID); or perhaps you've done something yourself such as killing that shiny you've spent 14 hours getting, doing what I did recently and quitting a game after not saving for 7 hours........and the like.

TY

losing a game of CS 13-16 ending up with 53 kills and 3 aces

that tilted me to no beyond

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Fortnite comes to mind. I absolutely hate that game. I have a lot of problems with the game that I won't get into here, but I can't win matches because the nerves always get to me, and I've come close to uninstalling a few times. One time I died to a glitch while I was streaming it and I uninstalled the game on stream, never came back to it.

And I guess a few times in overwatch, but that wasn't nearly as bad. And I quit trying to defeat the final boss in undertale but it was less of a rage quit and more of a "I'm never gonna do this and I'm wasting my time" quit.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Roll Goal in LoZ: Twilight Princess (no idea how the port/update version was like with that though). Terribad minigame.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    A lot of Zelda side quests and mini games. As a kid, defending Romani's ranch scared me a lot. The aliens creeped me out back then. And the archery mini games, ugh.

Years
  • I'll almost always see a match through no matter how ominous things seem, but every so often I just throw up my hands and start to smash the furniture to death with my face.

There's a bitch of a final jump in Drawn to Life, and the last checkpoint is about two minutes away. It's an absolute nightmare and I've only ever gotten by on flukes.

A lot of Zelda side quests and mini games. As a kid, defending Romani's ranch scared me a lot. The aliens creeped me out back then. And the archery mini games, ugh.

When you see those alien motherfuckers it's just...
    Spoiler:

I tried to get through it in 2017. I really did, but it was triggering all different kinds of anxiety and I was a moment from meltdown. Where does Nintendo get off trying to trigger a massive coronary, anyway?

But the archer games are brilliant! Especially that one in the Southern Swamp, where the keeper probably bred and trained the animals he put out to be shot. What a bastard.

pkmin3033

I ragequit on Demons Souls for five years because Flamelurker is a filthy cheater. The rest of the game? Pathetically easy. Flamelurker? Like a fucking brick wall made out of raging flames that chases you everywhere and smashes you to pieces with a broken AOE attack. Grunting like he's having the orgasm of his life the whole while. Flamelurker can go to hell.

...I actually did end up beating him and getting the plat in 2015, but my god. It gnawed at me for the longest time that this one boss was wrecking me constantly.

Most minigames in any game do this to me, too. Because minigames are universally bad and should be banned from video games. Ice Cream Beat in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is one that sticks out to me in particular for how disgustingly awful it was and how there was a trophy tied to it as well...in the end it actually put me right off the game. Crash 3 also had those HORRIBLE motorbike levels - which were somehow worse in the remasters - and Spyro...the Spyro trilogy is at least 75% minigame. At least. All of them terrible. Those broken flight levels. Skateboarding. The final boss in the first game being one long and crappy chase sequence. Yeah. No.

A weird, inconsequential one is opening card packets in Megadimension Neptunia VII as well. Getting the Ultra Rare cards was basically impossible so in the end I just didn't bother...after spending something like 3 hours opening packs and reloading my save every time. RNG is universally bad too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Any competitive online game. I don't take losing online matches well, so I'll often cut the game off and walk away. I put emphasis when I say online, because losing in person doesn't bother me at all. When playing online, I feel much more driven to win for some reason.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    i remember one part of a game that really annoyed me when i was younger was (i think?) the last main storyline battle in mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness(/sky?). i found that SO hard and always kept getting so close to the end before dying - although, thinking about it, that happened in a lot of mystery dungeon boss battles.

more recently, i just get the urge to ragequit most of the time when playing town of salem lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    the last game that i remember rage quitting was ... oh boy. eternal sonata? i got stuck on one boss and I haven't picked up the game again since oops. one rage quit i'll never forget though is tales of the abyss. it took me more than a year to beat the game because after not being able to beat arietta i put the game down and didn't play it for a year.

when i picked it back up i beat her on the first try. go figure. at least i continued and beat the game after that.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think I've rage quit at least once in every single COD game to date. There's always some bullshit that happens that makes me question my life choices.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns.

I have a history with this game. I played it when it was released back in 2011 on the 360. There were lots of frustrating moments that made me shake out of nerves but I have never. Ever. Beaten the final boss. I got it on Origin again just a couple months ago and I'm doing pretty solid this time around so, maybe I will finally beat the boss this time.

That said, even during this round of replaying there's been a time or two where I reach a point of replaying a moment so many times over that I just, "alright that's enough for now." Maybe by the time it turns 10.

Guest123_x1

I've had so many of those moments where I'd nearly throw my controller or smash it and my console up in a "ragequit" situation I can't even describe them all! When I was more heavily into gaming during my younger years this happened the most often, but even today, I still have this problem on occasion.

Years
  • the last game that i remember rage quitting was ... oh boy. eternal sonata? i got stuck on one boss and I haven't picked up the game again since oops. one rage quit i'll never forget though is tales of the abyss. it took me more than a year to beat the game because after not being able to beat arietta i put the game down and didn't play it for a year.

when i picked it back up i beat her on the first try. go figure. at least i continued and beat the game after that.

Ah, Eternal Sonata! Such a brilliant game, but bountiful in frustration and a lot of the bosses can be annoying. I had particular trouble with the main sewer at the beginning as well as the graveyard, and Fugue in Agogo Forest.

Still haven't finished it. Got too pissed on the last mile of the adventure, and now I'm ridiculously out of practice.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • FIFA games get very annoying for me when I play them, and I have rage quit a match many times before. I've stopped playing it recently, and probably for the best.

My most recent rage quit was during an online battle on PPokémon Ultra Moon, when I was getting annoyed about people constantly using legendaries, even when there is the option to not battle anyone using "Special Pokémon".

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • so like i don't think it's a big deal to post spoilers for an over ten year old game but alright. i've played kh2 like three times, the first two being the normal north american version. got final mix for ps4 right. i was playing it last summer after i moved to georgia while i still had hella free time but Holy Fuck. so in the vanilla version of the game, when you get to twtnw you have a cut scene battle with roxas. you actually fight his ass in final mix and my stupid ass could not beat him. i remember trying like 7 times one night, left to go grind form levels and materials for shit. got back and tried like three more times and still got my ass beat. i was fucking yelling at the tv. i haven't touched the game since then lmfaoooo.

Years
  • Probably do this too much with fighting games than anything else lmao.... cause I suck at fighting games. x.x I get really frustrated that I don't progress as fast as I should and then I end up just losing interest and not really playing the game much anymore. It happened with DB Fighterz, even. :<

Ah well.

Back