• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first ever game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Besides the Roms, Pinball, Dash and TCG;

Blue
Gold
Saphire
Ruby
Emerald
X
Moon
Yellow
Crystal
Platinum (not finished yet)
Black 2 (yet to start)

Been there since the very beginning with Pokémon Blue. (。'▽'。)♡

Team Blue represent! Ah, the nostalgia. I remember being a little dweeb that couldn't figure out how to save. (non-Enlgish obviously)

tumblr_llmrb48hft1qziv5qo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Years
My first game was FireRed, so my first experience of Pokemon was (like many others) in the Kanto region. I couldn't tell you which exact year it was, but I remember getting Emerald after and then Pearl at release so I'd probably guess around its initial release in 2004, or 2005.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Yellow, 2001, age 13, 7th grade.
My best friend had it and when she showed it to me I had to have it as well. When my mom picked me up from her house that day I asked for it and she acquiesced.

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
Years
I know my first Pokemon game was Soul Silver, not sure when though, probably 2011. I also got Black 1 and White 2 both around the same time after that, which I also have nostalgia for probably in 2012/2013. I know I'm probably not a "true" fan because I wasn't born in the 90's, but, eh.

EDIT: White 2 was the game that impacted me the most, by the way. It was also the first game where I got a level 100 Pokemon on. (Oh and it's my favourite Pokemon game)

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Pokemon Blue in 2000. My parents got it for me at a yard sale as well as my first game boy.
I am going to assume it was the Summer of 2000. So I had just gotten out of Kindergarten and was going to 1st grade. So I was....6

The one that had the most impact on me, probably Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Crystal was also very close behind those.
Emerald was the first game that I trained pokemon to Level 100 without cheats. It was Pikachu and Glalie, as at the time, Glalie was my favorite pokemon and Ash had it in the Anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Pokémon Red for me! It was also the first video game I ever owned. :) Everything before that had been played at a friend's or cousin's house.

Years
Either Red or Blue. I had one and my brother the other, but he lost interest fairly fast so I ended up with both.
I don't remember which one of the two was my own one and therefore the one I started with.

First Pokemon game I bought myself was Yellow after saving up money for it for a considerable time.

Years
Bonus points to those who can make a timeline!

Bonus points you say? Here goes then! (main series only, remembering all the mystery dungeon and rangers will be a struggle)

2002 - Pokemon Crystal
2004 - Pokemon Fire Red
2005 - Pokemon Blue / Pokemon Yellow
2007 - Pokemon Pearl
2008 - Pokemon Emerald
2012 - Pokemon White
2013 - Pokemon X
2014 - Pokemon Omega Ruby
2016 - Pokemon Moon
2017 - Pokemon Ultra Moon
2023 - Pokemon White 2

As accurate as I can remember based on life events happening around the times I played the games!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It was FireRed.

I was 3 years old. It also helped me learn English. Not only that, but it was one of my first video games.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Red was my first Pokemon game. I got in the late summer of 1999.

A timeline?
1999 - Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow (Red was first. I know I got Blue at some point, too, and got Yellow for Christmas in 1999)
2000 - Pokemon Gold, Silver
2001 - Pokemon Crystal
2003 - Pokemon Ruby
2008 - Pokemon Diamond
2009 - Pokemon FireRed
2011 - Pokemon HeartGold
2012 - Pokemon Black, Black 2 (Black 2 MIGHT have been early 2013, IDR)
2013 - Pokemon X
2014 - Pokemon Omega Ruby
2016 - Pokemon Sun
2018 - Pokemon Ultra Sun
2019 - Pokemon Shield
2022 - Pokemon Legends Arceus, Pokemon Scarlet

Back