• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG POKEMON BANK [Now out! It's been 3000 years...]

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
  • Calling it now, it'll go live that Monday the 16th or early that Tuesday, considering Battle Spot Season 2 begins the 17th (where it officially allows non Alolan Pokedex Mons into the fray)

...God I feel so dumb saying this now.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I find it funny the official Battle Spot season post Bank update can't even be done yet since said update hasn't arrived yet.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    My only theory is that Game Freak might be having a hard time getting the data in the Generation I Virtual Console games to work with Pokémon Bank.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I mean, it has to be either a Friday or Tuesday at noon ET or a Monday at 11 PM ET. So the 17th was the most logical guess.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    it won't necessarily be in January, after all this might be history repeating itself.
    7ca.gif

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Hope it comes out soon now that I have every Pokemon and evolution in S/M except Porygon-2 and Zygarde 100% and I just want to bank them as a month ago my game software mysteriously corrupted and I had to re-start again. I don't wish to go through all the hard work I have done this second time.

An update would have been nice by now so we could know what is going on with this bank update, but there is like only 11 days left of this month. :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Out of interest and curiosity, what Pokemon is everyone bringing over from Bank when it releases?

I might as well catch most of the legendaries in ORAS and bank them over to SM, tbh. And I think most of my team too, but I'm still debating on that.

my entire living dex. all the imperfect shinies i've bred, and all the other parents I want to breed in SM

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    All of them. Well, not the entire bank, but at least the second living dex I made for the occasion.

i only have 1 living dex, i was working on a shiny living dex which i will still keep working on in my moon version. i'm just gonna move over my incomplete shiny living dex first then fill out the rest with the other pkmn.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    Where the Distorted World is the Pokebank?
    Get Pok?mon Bank!
    Pok?mon Bank is available via the Nintendo eShop. We've made it easy for you to locate and purchase Pok?mon Bank with this handy QR Code?. Simply press both the L and R buttons from your Nintendo 3DS system's HOME Menu, then tap the QR Code? button in the lower left. Aim the camera at the QR Code here to be taken directly to Pok?mon Bank in the Nintendo eShop. Be sure your Nintendo 3DS system is connected to the Internet!
    QR_code.jpg

its also worth noting that if you scan that qr code with sun or moon you get the dex data for a trash cloak burmy?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • When the update comes out, I'm transferring my shiny living dex on to Moon. When I've completed Yellow, I'll be transferring all my Pokemon from there to see their natures, genders and whether they'll be shiny or not.

I think that the reason why the update hasn't been released yet is either because of what Candra said or because they're waiting until they've announced the new Pokemon game for the Switch so that Bank could be available on that too.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I doubt that. What I do know is the comment/s from FB saying that
    the Japanese Nintendo website mentioned about the update will be
    released late January.

It is really commendable for Pok?mon FB page to keep their silence
    from providing any specific dates despite the request made by the
    majority of fans out there.

At the end of the day, all we can do is to wait for the remaining days
    of this month for the update to become available.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • We got some info behind the Gen 1 transfer process, National Pokedex and other tidbits (via Serebii)

Nintendo Hong Kong has put out some details about the upcoming Pokémon Bank update, specifically in regards to the Generation 1 transfer. First, transferred Pokémon will likely have at least 3 max IVs. Their nature will be random and there is a chance that the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. It will also have a unique GameBoy mark
    The National Pokédex will sync up with the games you use with Pokémon Bank, listing the Pokémon you have seen/caught in each game and combining them. It will list the games that you have each Pokémon in. You don't need the Pokémon to be deposited into your Bank in order to register them in the National Pokédex. Finally, it confirms that you can send Battle Points again. Finally, it shows that you can track a variety of stats from your games such as Eggs Hatched, Pokémon Captured etc. through Pokémon Bank, crossreferencing between all 6 games.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just in case anyone didn't know. The update is out now.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I can confirm that Pokébank update is coming as well, even though it's still yet to show up in my eShop department. I do manage to update the PokéTransporter just recently, though.

EDIT: Mmkay, I have got the update downloaded rn.

Last edited:

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I'm a little disappointed that the special effect for contest star ribbon was removed.
    I'm actually looking forward to see it in SuMo. Anyways, I'm still glad I was able to transfer
    my old team to collect the new ribbons.

Back