• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Xadvid

Screw finals
Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Managed to get my first Shiny (Swablu) from MM after 219 eggs! So happy ;- ;

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Found a shiny machop (who is now a Machamp) outside of Mauville. It is always gratifying when you get a shiny that you will actually want AND he has the nature/ability you want as well. :)

Last edited:

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My first shiny was Shiny Beldum from the event. But besides that, while playing through the Delta Episode and after battling Zinnia for the first time, I went to go exit Granite Cave but before I got out, I encountered a shiny Makuhita. I didn't even use the DexNav.

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    I have not naturally caught any shinies, and I have over 70 hours of gameplay. I tried dexnav chaining and got nothing after what I believe was a 60-70 pokemon chain. What is the secret to gettting all these shinies?

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • I must have the worst Shiny luck on Omega Ruby, hunting for a DexNav Shiny Numel, on a current chain of around 60, a search level of 135, and nothing yet :(

hope it shines soon :)

Years
  • I SR'd for a shiny Treecko. Got him around 3000 resets.
    When I got the old rod, I thought I would chain up a shiny Tentacool to play through with. I got three shiny Magikarps before I got my shiny Tentacool.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I believe my first shiny was a shiny Samurott that I picked up from a bout of Wonder Trade. I also picked up a shiny Shuckle the same day. Those shinies don't feel that special because I'm 90% sure that whoever traded them to me just genned them to be shiny anyway.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Only one so far, ho oh after like 400 srs. Working on re obtaining the shiny charm though.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I'm trying fot shinies by chaining with the DexNav, I'm not totally convinced this method works...
    I did, however, get a shiny Bulbasaur through wondertrade. Barely registered the shinyness at first, but it looked off so I looked at its stats and saw the little red star :)
    I have no idea wether it's legit, but there's nothing obviously wrong with it, so I'm keeping it.

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
    Years
  • First Omega Ruby shiny experience! What's yours?

So I was working, then on the mid-lunch break I thought, I'll have a quick session on Omega Ruby, so as I was up the top of Sky Pillar (just explorin') I decided to see if I could use the Eon Flute without Latios in my party, and to my surprise, you can! So I backed up a bit and saw a little island which I luckily decided to land on, and searching around I found a hovering ring, like the one I found my [spoiler] Ho-oh [spoiler]in, so I saved before entering and had no clue what Pokémon I would approach, with a good idea it'd be a legendary I went on to see who it was, and I saw a Cobalion, not just a normal Cobalion, but a SHINY COBALION! Without a single reset! I went on to catch it in a Pokéball, it's got a bold nature, any recommendations for which stat I should super train? And any other training tips/move sets/other tips for it?

:)

So have you got/seen any shiny Pokémon on your game yet?

Years
  • Very lucky! I got a shiny Electrike through chaining, but unfortunately, no random encounters yet. I REALLY want a shiny Koffing but it's near impossible to chain... :(

Edit: Shiny Feebas as well. I joined the crowd.

Edit 2: I have over a box full now, not counting the ones I've been given/traded.

I was trying to find a Slugma for my Pokédex when a Shiny Diglett appeared. :3

I was really tempted not to evolve it, but I finally gave in around Lv94 just in case it eventually gets an evo or Mega that I like.
    Hey, maybe we'll finally get to see what it looks like underground then! ;)

Or, just a few more heads... lol.

Last edited:

Rylee Xylph

Fairy Tale Boy
    Years
  • Found a shiny Tropius while looking for one with Leech Seed and Harvest. It would've have been quicker just to breed Leech Seed onto one by this point, but I was having too much fun sneaking about.

I missed the sparklies because I was looking away from the screen when the battle started, luckily I was paying enough attention to notice the colours were a little off

Years
  • Hatched this beauty after 2 boxes.

2jbkz2f.jpg

Years
  • I haven't found any shiny Pokemon in the wild yet. I've received a shiny Oshawott and Sableye in Wonder Trade.

With the shiny Sableye, that caught me completely by surprise!

Years
  • I spent all day chaining and finally got me a shiny Poochyena :D Right now I'm doing the masuda method for a Fennekin, after that, I don't know what shiny to do, too many good ones!

Back