• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Advance

Years
xS6kjot.png
tVC1lsP.png
ns90HwG.png
gi0lsU9.png

Oreburgh is finished! (not sure how good it looks, I'm not a very good graphical artist)

And tomorrow ... scripting starts!

Very good!I like it.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
MbMdBHf.png

New title screen!

Firered logo isn't changed - I'm still looking for a logo for the game. Should be done soon.
Scripting is going well, not much to show yet but there will be soon.

Looks great! :) I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the first beta. Will we be able to battle Roark or will it end before the gym?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
Just wanted to say that this looks great so far.

As an old fart who loves the art of the GBA titles, I'm really looking forward to giving this a play. :)

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
Back!

Had a few problems, nearly corrupted the rom. But it's all fixed now, so progress is back!

s1vNqQ0.png
Je5E9T6.png
XNy2oWF.png

As for the Beta, for anyone wondering, it will contain all events up to Roark, so you will be able to fight the first gym. You will still be able to explore, just not proceed any further.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Back!

Had a few problems, nearly corrupted the rom. But it's all fixed now, so progress is back!

s1vNqQ0.png
Je5E9T6.png
XNy2oWF.png

As for the Beta, for anyone wondering, it will contain all events up to Roark, so you will be able to fight the first gym. You will still be able to explore, just not proceed any further.
Good thing the Rom hack is not corrupted, that would have sucked. Anyways I'm excited for the first beta. Keep up the great work

Years
Back!

s1vNqQ0.png
Je5E9T6.png
XNy2oWF.png

Looking good,love the title screen!Will you be putting more work into Dawn?Honestly Lucas looks great but Dawn seems to need abit more work on her OW sprite.

RB11

Years
Looking good,love the title screen!Will you be putting more work into Dawn?Honestly Lucas looks great but Dawn seems to need abit more work on her OW sprite.

Thanks for the feedback.
As I've said before, I'm not the best graphical artist, and I found Dawn's OW challenging to say the least. I'll definitely look into it for the future.
Good thing the Rom hack is not corrupted, that would have sucked. Anyways I'm excited for the first beta. Keep up the great work

It took awhile to recover everything. Thanks for the support!

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
VOarbhd.png
3uCT2Ck.png
yuqisMU.png

Gym time!

QUICK QUESTION:
Would people mind if I just changed some events (very slightly) from the original DPPT?
I'm thinking of doing this for a few scripts, just to add something new.

I wouldn't mind some changes, I think it would make it better

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Hey there. I just wanted to stop by once more and cheer you on. I am very excited for this ROM hack and it looks fantastic so far. You're doing Arceus's work. Keep it up.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
QUICK QUESTION:
Would people mind if I just changed some events (very slightly) from the original DPPT?
I'm thinking of doing this for a few scripts, just to add something new.
It's hard to say without more specific information, but as long as it's an improvement and your additions to the scripts don't feel out of place, I don't personally mind.
Nice work btw. The project looks pretty nice so far.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Hi RB11,

Logged in tonight just to drop a comment. I noticed this hack for the first time tonight, and I've gotta say it looks very promising as a Gen 4 demake. Gen 4 was my favorite, but unfortunately nobody's been able finish a complete Gen 4 demake yet. I would be very happy to play a game that isn't super focused on the little technical details, such as implementing the touch app thing and its various functions. I'm not certain, but it seems like these little details are what really damage motivation to keep going.

Your graphics look absolutely stunning. Are those NPC sprites 16 x 32, like in Fire Red? If so, then that's awesome! Every gen 4 + overworld sprite I've seen is expanded to 32 x 32, and those expanded ones aren't super aesthetic using a Gen 3 base. I would say don't give a second thought to the possibility that the graphics may not be "perfect" or something. They're great and they give off a very calm, pleasing aura kinda.

Also, as a response to your question about adding in some new events or changing existing events, I'd say that if your ideas are done cleanly and professionally, then you should do whatever makes you excited about the game. There's really no point in hacking if you're only doing things according to expectation. It's boring. And honestly it would be awesome to see some new events take place in Sinnoh.

I'd be glad to play an alpha or beta if you ever plan on releasing one. Hope you continue having fun making this, it's looking pretty good! And btw the titlescreen is inspiring... very well done. I suck at editing titlescreens, they always glitch out xD

RB11

Years
Hi RB11,

Logged in tonight just to drop a comment. I noticed this hack for the first time tonight, and I've gotta say it looks very promising as a Gen 4 demake. Gen 4 was my favorite, but unfortunately nobody's been able finish a complete Gen 4 demake yet. I would be very happy to play a game that isn't super focused on the little technical details, such as implementing the touch app thing and its various functions. I'm not certain, but it seems like these little details are what really damage motivation to keep going.

Your graphics look absolutely stunning. Are those NPC sprites 16 x 32, like in Fire Red? If so, then that's awesome! Every gen 4 + overworld sprite I've seen is expanded to 32 x 32, and those expanded ones aren't super aesthetic using a Gen 3 base. I would say don't give a second thought to the possibility that the graphics may not be "perfect" or something. They're great and they give off a very calm, pleasing aura kinda.

Also, as a response to your question about adding in some new events or changing existing events, I'd say that if your ideas are done cleanly and professionally, then you should do whatever makes you excited about the game. There's really no point in hacking if you're only doing things according to expectation. It's boring. And honestly it would be awesome to see some new events take place in Sinnoh.

I'd be glad to play an alpha or beta if you ever plan on releasing one. Hope you continue having fun making this, it's looking pretty good! And btw the titlescreen is inspiring... very well done. I suck at editing titlescreens, they always glitch out xD

Thanks so much for your comment! This is what really inspires me to keep hacking and making the game as good as possible. I can hopefully release and alpha or beta soon. I custom made some OWs myself, others are a credit to Delta231 and some other sprite makers. I'm glad you like them!

I'm so sorry for abandoning this project the last 2 months. I've had big exams and that shifted my focus away from the game, but with the progress I have made I really don't want to quit now !
So, I'm back working on the game, and I hope that a download will be available soon.

And to those who replied about custom events, thank you. I think that I'll add some changes here and there but not enough to damage the story line.

Look out for more updates from now on!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
This hack is so underrated,I don't know why it's still not yet being promoted by big time Pokémon youtubers. if there's still enough space to add another region (such as unova, or even alola) just to make an unique, new storyline, it will have a LEGIT chance to become rom of the year next year.

Back