• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After pokemon sun and moon?

Trainer 766

I hope it's a Gen 4 remake since they can't skip one Gen without a remake.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hoping for a DPPt remake that includes the changes made in Platinum, or possibly a new game altogether. I'm not particularly interested in buying a Switch so Stars doesn't really appeal to me, though I suppose I'll probably have to get one eventually.

Still, DPPt/original content would be far better than a third version for SM imo.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Platinum remake (seriously **** Diamond and Pearl, Platinum fixed almost all of their problems)

Personally I would like a Sun and Moon sequel as they're now my favourite games, but I imagine we'll see the DPPt remakes before Stars (or whatever it's revealed to be). I don't mind getting a Switch. Might give me a reason to buy more games outside the Pok?mon franchise.

blue

gucci
Years
Sun & Moon 2 followed by Diamond & Pearl remakes. I really can't see it going any other way at this stage, especially upon learning about the possible transition over to the Switch.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Sun & Moon 2 followed by Diamond & Pearl remakes. I really can't see it going any other way at this stage, especially upon learning about the possible transition over to the Switch.
Actually, I never thought about the possibilities of sequels. That'd be an interesting thing to see again, I'd far prefer it to a third version!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Platinum remake, or some kind of better Diamond/Pearl. I dunno. They won't just go to the next generation like "zip" or anything...right?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I agree with most people that a Platinum remake would be prefered over a Diamond/Pearl remake. If the rumored Pokemon Stars were to be released next, that would also be fine. If for some reason, Kanto was revisted for another game: I would definitely prefer a sequel-ish type of game. Compared to the plot-heavy games we have now, Kanto is very bare and barren, so some kind of plot (like with Lillie or something) is desired.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This is confusing though. Before, each new Nintendo handheld console came with a new generation of Pok?mon. Ruby and Sapphire for the GBA, Diamond and Pearl for the DS, and XY for the 3DS...

When the Switch arrives, will GameFreak immediately move on to Gen8? I think it's a little too soon, but hey, GF is being unpredictable lately with B2W2 instead of Gray and Gen7 games instead of Z.

Anyway, I haven't played/finished a Gen4 game, so I am really looking forward to a Gen4 remake. It's also gonna be fun to have a Gen1 remaster game, where we take on a journey through Kanto in this new Megavolution universe/timeline. I don't mind Stars or a Sun2/Moon2 either, but I very much prefer a sequel than a third version though.

Years
I hope they will make a Kanto game where the storyline is about you moved from Alola to Kanto and you can play as Lillie if you choose the female character. You should also be able to go trough the Johto region in the game.. Sinnoh remakes could also be cool.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I think we might see a fairly different Pokemon than we know thus far. Something with a much less linear world map. Not necessarily new Pokemon themselves but definitely a new feel to the series whilst maintaining it's core mechanics and appeal

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
My own personal theory - highly unlikely but it's something I would love to see happen, and if they were to make all these games then I'd be all over it!

Next games to be Sun and Moon 2, followed by a tie in to Gen 1. SunMoon2 would be similar to BW2 in that they take place in the same region but with a different story and order of visiting places. Then a visit to Kanto
Spoiler:
in a revisit, as opposed to a remake or remaster. These games would feature the same mechanics as SunMoon right now, so the map of Kanto would be less restrictive and much more visually appealing, plus with all the time that has passed maybe there have been some changes.

Then Generation 4 remakes also with the new mechanics - this is the last generation I can see being remade, so they would go all out on it. It would probably be paired versions with names in the same vein as Diamond and Pearl but would have the improved features of Platinum.

I know that this is a lot of games to squeeze in to one generation (Sun, Moon, Sun 2, Moon 2, Kanto x2 and Gen 4 x 2 for a total of 8) but I think if they were spaced out enough then I think there would be sufficient interest in the games. After all, Pokemon fans are now older and buying the games for themselves rather than relying on their parents.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I feel like, after going through SM's plot, that a sequel (preferably) or a third game to help clear things up is really just about mandatory. Otherwise, if Game Freak goes up and pulls an XY to SM, we're going to be left with a pair of games that, while pretty great on their own, still have a lot of holes in their plot and some badly underdeveloped characters that could've really benefited from a sequel.

On a slightly different note, I do think we'll get DPPt remakes, but if ORAS and HGSS taught us anything, they'll be more of a remake of the first two games while probably mostly ignoring Platinum, which would be a shame.

HGSS included the Suicune plot of Crystal, and ORAS expanded on the Rayquaza plot of Emerald. It's pretty much a given that a DPPt remake would focus on the Giratina/Distortion World plot of Platinum.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Probably Pokemon Stars or some sort of game on the Switch.

Playing Moon on the original 3DS I'm definitely getting the impression that they may want to move on to the switch now. They've really pushed the 3DS as far as it can go. Not to mention even if the new 3DS is capable of more, the original 3DS is always going to be holding it back anyway.

A part of me wants to say that the walking/running animations that were found might hint at a game where wild Pokemon can be seen walking around in the wild, but I almost don't want to dare to dream on that one. :P

They could certainly do it though...

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
I'm thinking they'll do a Kanto revisit where Lillie is your rival and Giovonni is bringing back Team Rocket, openning up Ultra Wormholes over the region to take advantage of Ultra Beasts and Z power. And this time they'll let us visit Johto in the post game!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Gen 4 remake...in my honest opinion.

Gen 4 needs the remake the most. It's so slow and really needs some polishing. If not, then maybe that Stars thing will happen. I'll totally dig for something like that.

Back