• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Quest announced at Japanese press conference

Years
3D voxel game set on an island, free-to-start for Nintendo Switch and smartphones. Cool.

newimage.png

Looking interesting…

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I have more interest in this game than in the other one. Maybe because it is a free-to-play spin off that reminds me of a spin-off. I don't know I liked the other free-to-play Pokemon game so I'll try this one for sure.

Yotes

GameDev
Years
I am endlessly amused by the cubes. And also by how eerily similar the map is to my fan game's map.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-30%2Bat%2B2.39.50%2BAM.png

I know I'm on a weird little tangent here, but I find it super interesting how I subconsciously formed a world map super similar to the one they're using in Pokemon Quest. To the point where I'm wondering if I've been following some archetype this whole time since I envisioned it way back in high school.

Starting off in the west in a light green meadow near a body of water where a boat could take you who knows where. Lead north into a forest connected to a rocky ridge featuring a river/waterfall and bright orange desert even further up north. A big shrine in the upper middle of the map and a mysterious purple island housing a legendary monster in the lower center of the map that you need to cross the ocean to reach.

Then there's the dried out yellowish fields in the center of the map, connecting to a purple cave. A return to the meadow environment in the east but this time in an off green color with a few scattered islands below. A northern path from the 2nd meadow leads to grayish green spooky zone with a tall dark tower, leading you up a steep climb to the icy cold winter wonderland at the highest northern peak.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-30%2Bat%2B2.53.52%2BAM.png

The similarities are uncanny!
There's gotta be something to this and it's not cuz one copied the other. (I wonder if it's an art principle or a reflection of real geography?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm bored of Kanto pokémon at this point :V GO was full of them, then Alola... And now two more games. Can we move on pls ahah.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I like the high level of Derp in this game <3 Omg.

But it's sad that it is only the Kanto Pokemon... Why is it always them... I used to like them a lot but right now I admit I am becoming tired of having those 150 only. There's over 800 Pokemon now, why making that many if they recycle the same ones over and over again..

My derpy Squirtle... I need that as my next avatar..

Years
I got it last night and played a little... I chose Charmander as my starter, I made some cooking, played with power stones, changed my team... Quite funny :)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I enjoyed Pokémon Quest on my Switch because I like having some Pokémon traveling and beating up anything on their way (and I can put it in Auto mode as well). And I picked Eevee as my starter, until I managed to invite Pikachu into my party later on. I do wish that there will be more 'mons other than from Kanto region though, but I hope they'll be added in later updates if they wanted to.

There is one single caveat for me though. At times I'm bothered when the SFX of the game occasionally goes too loud when attacks clashed. I would enjoy the game to its fullest if the SFX can be balanced though.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i've been enjoying this game on my switch. i love it. i don't like waiting for the timer to load my points up, but i guess that's with any old mobile game.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
It would be nice if it had Pokemon OTHER than strictly Gen 1 Pokemon, since I'm starting to get a bit tired of Gen 1 getting so much attention, and most of my favorite Pokemon are from later generations.

Back