• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Shiny Pokemon?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • Simple. What is your favourite Shiny form of a Pokémon, and why? Have you actually caught that shiny or are you hunting it still?

My favourite Shiny is... Gyarados. It looks awesome enough to have made it a crucial Shiny in the Johto games - and sure, probably everybody has caught the one at the Lake of Rage, but that doesn't make it less awesome to catch a random one or evolve one from a Shiny Magikarp (itself another favourite Shiny of mine), like I did. Plus, red is my favourite color and I find Gyarados to be pretty much the only good shiny of that color.

Other favourites of mine are the Cyndaquil line, the (Johtonian) Sneasel line, the Venonat line, Kantonian Meowth, Suicune, the Gulpin line, the Cacnea line, the Stunky line, the Espurr line, the Litten line and Mimikyu. And while I've caught lots of shinies, out of all my favourites, I've only caught/hatched the Magikarp line, the J-Sneasel line and the Cyndaquil line, though I have been hunting for Shiny Venonat as well.

Years
  • The Jangmo-o and Goomy lines got great shinies. I already shiny bred the Jangmo-o line, but the goomy line is on my to do list lol
    There's also Umbreon, which I haven't gotten around to yet despite having already shiny bred multiple Eevee's =p

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I love Weavile, Vaporeon, and Altaria's shiny forms. They're so cute!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't have a favorite shiny, but a favorite shiny color. If your shiny is pink, blue, or gold, then I'm more than likely to lean towards those over other colors. One of my favorite Pokemon, Vulpix has a gold shiny and I love it.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Hm. Knows fairly few shinies. Generally likes black or darker shinies, if anything. Finds some gold and purple shinies pleasing too, when used sparingly. Some good ones:

- Alolan Raichu. Contrasts very strongly. Appreciates that next to the washed-out colors of the normal version. Calls this one the best, probably.

- Charizard. Retained enough color besides black to shine, so to speak. Prefers black shinies like this over shinies like Palossand and Haxorus.

- Greninja. Suits a ninja. Kept a ruby red tongue scarf and some white accents.

- Chesnaught. Hatched a shiny Chespin by chance. (Never got around to training and evolving it.) Knows it for that reason. Replaced a lot of tan with darker green. Likes the dark brown next to the tan on its arms.

- Rayquaza. Complements the red and gold better with black than green. Fades away too much with green.

Years
  • Anything pink! So Jumpluff, Furret, Aipom, Mareep, etc. Bonus points if it's a brighter/more pastel pink like Jumpluff. <3 I have all of these except Aipom fortunately. Also reaaally love the bright yellow ones, especially in their sprite forms. Think Altaria and Latias. So pretty.

While I don't care much for Charizard or Greninja, gotta say their shinies do look really cool.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Aesthically, Corsola would probably be my favorite. Just looking at it makes me happy! And yes, I fished one up in VC Gold! I also enjoy Shiny Tyrogue (pre-3DS, anyway). I've chained one before, but I'm still wanting to get it at full odds.

My favorite as in "most cherished" I believe would have to be my full-odds Shiny Mothim from HGSS, my most intensive Shiny hunt ever. Or my completely random Shiny Flareon from X.

Other notable Shinies: Sneasel, Dragonair, Porygon2, Furret, Nidoran-M, Dunsparce, Mew, Gallade, Yanma, Jumpluff, Venomoth, Midday Lycanroc, Luxio, Eevee (GSC), Zangoose, Magneton, Lapras, Vaporeon, Spheal, Vanillite, Mudkip, Glameow, and Lanturn

- - -

UPDATE: Got my full-odds Tyrogue!

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I have.......a lot, but some of the biggest favorites are:
    Giratina - One, it looks awesome. Two, I like how the colors are inverted in a way (gold where grey was on the original, silver where gold was and red replaced with blue). Third...I don't know, it just somehow makes it look even more eerie and extradimensional than the original.
    Darkrai - They made the dark super-edgy nightmare Pokemon pink and purple and somehow it works. In fact, I find this color scheme more fitting than the original - it looks more dreamlike.
    Minior - Eeeee I already love black shinies but the addition of the little rainbow chunks puts it over the edge!!
    Zorua & Zoroark - Can't decide which I like more, they're both such beautiful color combinations!!
    Whimsicott - Another great color combination.
    Blacephalon - The dark blue with the lights reminds me of a beautiful city at night *_*
    Cacnea & Cacturne - Love autumn colors. Weirdly enough these are the only two grass Pokemon I can think of that have autumnal shinies?
    Beedrill & Mega Beedrill - Underrated one, but the green and blue go so well!!
    Staraptor - Another underrated shiny, and I'm biased because I already love this Pokemon, but that blue crest is...pristine.
    Mega Gardevoir - I loved the blue on the base form already, the black dress was just the best decision. (I sorta wish it was in the non-shiny mega form as well.)
    Come to think of it, I only have Beedrill and Minior 😅

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    My favorite shiny is Spheal, the magenta is really cool on this Pokemon.
    Merged your thread with an older one. Covered the same topic. (Do not worry about it too much. Required going back a few pages to find. Posts mainly to notify what happened to your thread, as well as explain to future posters why some people posted twice.)

Years
  • While I'm not surprised, still sad there wasn't a single mention of shiny Azumarill yet so far.

While that's my favorite, I like anything that is wildly different from the original colors (yes, even the green ones).

Years
  • I like shiny Scizor because it is how I would imagine a steel and bug type to actually look like. Shiny Azumarill is also a good one because it relates to the whole Pikablue speculation before gen 2's release. I'm surprised no one mentioned shiny Umberon, Manectric, Volcarona, or Dedenne yet. Those four are worth mentioning in my opinion.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • 525.png
    526.png

Shiny Boldore and Gigalith are some of my favorites; not only is violet and teal a great color scheme, but the more colorful crystals really sell to you that shiny Boldore and Gigalith are more "valuable" than normal ones.
    975.png

Shoutouts to Cetitan; its color scheme made me actively Masuda-method for it because it's just so good. It looks like an orca!
    862.png

Crimson and light blue is an amazing color scheme as well (just ask Porygon), and I'm an absolute sucker for differently colored tongues as seen in Obstagoon.
    406.png
    315.png
    407.png

Green and purple is another one of my favorites, and the Budew line just looks so good with it; the black rose is cool too.
    217.png

I don't care what anyone says about neon green. It's a highly underrated color, and I'm sad it's mostly limited to shinies, but Ursaring's is a favorite of mine because of it! Sadly it doesn't keep this as an Ursaluna.
    949.png

I love how vibrant shiny Toedscruel is, especially its blue "mouth."

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    My current favourite shiny Pokemon is a Shiny Stufful (which becomes orange, and resembles a red panda)!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shining Ho-oH has always been a favorite of mine. It is the definition of a Shining Pokemon and is Gold just like the game it is the mascot for, as well as autumn in color which I closely associate Pokemon GSC and HGSS with. Charizard is also pretty far up there with that Black/Red color combination it has. I also have a special place for Shiny Ponyta/Rapidash because it was my first ever Shiny Pokemon I ever got.

Back