• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The World Conference (World of PokéCommunity Chit Chat)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • I got a question - do canon regions and their inhabitants (e.g. Kanto, Johto, Team Rocket/Plasma/Galactic/etc, Nurse Joys, Gym Leaders/Elite Four Members, and so on) exist in this world? I just need to know for lore purposes, not interaction.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I got a question - do canon regions and their inhabitants (e.g. Kanto, Johto, Team Rocket/Plasma/Galactic/etc, Nurse Joys, Gym Leaders/Elite Four Members, and so on) exist in this world? I just need to know for lore purposes, not interaction.

Mmm, I suppose there can be reference to those regions, yeah!

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Suggestion: Why not use Pokecommunity's Pokemon Showdown server as an extension to WoPC? People can discuss their events there as well as do battle (i.e. gym matches and stuff)

Years
  • Suggestion: Why not use Pokecommunity's Pokemon Showdown server as an extension to WoPC? People can discuss their events there as well as do battle (i.e. gym matches and stuff)

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are already doing that actually, although nothing "official" has been determined to the best of my knowledge.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Feel free to! :) The main reason we haven't done any events using the battle server is because of fakemon inclusion being a bit awkward and we didn't want to exclude regions :<.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    I just want to make sure my understanding of the system regarding legendaries is correct.

So it seems everyone has a bunch of legendaries in their region, many of which are used for events and such. It's my current understanding that each region can have its own interpretation and/or version of a legendary. For example, Dulra has been shown to summon Giratina to protect its land and the two Haeven champions have one Mewtwo each. There are also some trainers in at least one region who have actually caught a legendary and have it sitting on their team.

So if I wanted to add, say, a Giratina or Rayquaza and someone else already had a strong interpretation of Rayquaza it's my understanding that they'd both just be "a Rayquaza" and not "The Rayquaza" in regards to all of PokeCommunity. It wouldn't be far if I got to control Rayquaza's lore - just an example, I have no idea if anyone has Rayquaza - just because I picked it first, after all.

This was my understanding of the legendary system and I wanted to make sure it was correct before I started adding any major legendaries to my regions.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So the next series of events are coming up! The first will be a warning of things and won't require any participation. Shawn will be back soon, I'll be updating the points and splash-table from the last stage ASAP.

I'll post it up on the weekend :).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    By the way, I saw someone asking about which Regigigas this is. For the sake of lore, I'm gonna propose this is the literal Regigigas as opposed to the others found around the world. It's probably a bigger, badder version and is the one responsible for the legends that surround its species.

I'd recommend using that logic when it comes to other legends that exist around the world as well o:.

Years
  • Oh wow, it's been so long since I've done anything Oceia has actually fallen off of the main page :/
    I'll be sure to do something about my lack of activity in the near future.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ok so let's all be terrifyingly honest for a moment.

i skim nearly everything that goes by in WoPC. i read most major content- like, world development and character stories. i def pick and choose what i want to read, though- i usually read major content from the region creators in their regions. I always read posts by my friends.

Now my questions are: Who are the people you keep an eye on? Mine are Bac, Lost, Cath, and Grimm.
    Which regions do you get most excited for updates from? I keep a close eye on Saann, Auria, Heiwa, and Illumia. AND ESPECIALLY HOME
    And which regions do you make the most content for, besides your own, and why? I tend write a lot for Ceriah, mainly because we have our weekly actions to do and then I write a small chapter that's relevant to the actions I took. Once Heiwa and Auria's adventure systems get back on track I'll be writing for them once a week or so. And Illumia as well!

also do yall read what i write lmao

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • ok so let's all be terrifyingly honest for a moment.

i skim nearly everything that goes by in WoPC. i read most major content- like, world development and character stories. i def pick and choose what i want to read, though- i usually read major content from the region creators in their regions. I always read posts by my friends.

Now my questions are: Who are the people you keep an eye on? Mine are Bac, Lost, Cath, and Grimm.
    Which regions do you get most excited for updates from? I keep a close eye on Saann, Auria, Heiwa, and Illumia. AND ESPECIALLY HOME
    And which regions do you make the most content for, besides your own, and why? I tend write a lot for Ceriah, mainly because we have our weekly actions to do and then I write a small chapter that's relevant to the actions I took. Once Heiwa and Auria's adventure systems get back on track I'll be writing for them once a week or so. And Illumia as well!

also do yall read what i write lmao

The only 2 I actively read are Ceriah and the WPCNN lmao

I haven't been on PC this week tho bc group projects though smh

Back