• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What generation is this Pokémon from again?"

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • I'm kind of a weirdo so I never really ask this question because this is somehow common sense to me, but sometimes a Pokémon will give me the vibes that it belongs in another generation; most of the time it's the Pokémon that'll end a dex. For example, Mew feels like it belongs in Generation II, Deoxys in Generation IV, Meltan and Melmetal in Generation VIII, etc.

Years
  • I do know what generation each Pokemon is from by now but that wasn't always the case. When I was younger I would always think that Magcargo and Lanturn lines were from Hoenn first and it took me a minute or two of really thinking about it to remember that they were actually from Johto, I always associated these two evolution lines with Hoenn for some reason.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • In most cases, I can remember what pokemon is from what generation. I think the biggest pokemon, more so a form, that I forget was Kalos is Zygarde 100% and its dog form. While they were all in the anime, they didn't come out until Alola, so I forget those forms are technically Kalos.

As for pokemon that I think should belong to another region, Orbeetle and its pre evos. It's besign is so random for Galar and looks like it should be from Alola, especially given that it is based on a space ship.

Years
  • I would say I can put Pokémon in correct gen most of the time. I've spent hours analyzing each game roster and their stats. Imagine what else I could learn instead.

Years
  • I would say I can put Pokémon in correct gen most of the time. I've spent hours analyzing each game roster and their stats for my runs.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I actually confuse the original region of most of the Pokémon appearing in the sixth and seventh generation.
    Sometimes I think of Comfey as a Kalos Pokémon, Goodra as an Alola 'mon, Turtonator as a sixth generation Digimon, etc...

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I always find myself thinking that Mimikyu was introduced in generation 6 as opposed to generation 7 and is thus native to the Kalos region. Similarly, Hawlucha is a Pokémon that I continually associate more with generation 7 than generation 6. I have a tendency to confuse both gen 6 and 7 Pokémon in general.

Back