• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have an original Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow cartridge?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I have all of them, but I only got them a few years ago actually. Had to give them all a new battery before using them but they all work just fine.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2017
Nah, I have the original Fire Red cartidge though..and Emerald from my ex.
I wanna get the Blue version and the Crystal version for when I get my custom Gameboy Color sometime.
..I'm only getting Blue version for the missingno glitches and such...

Years
I'm pretty certain I still have my blue version (as in, I definitely know it's my blue version, not anybody else's). I think I lost track of my yellow version somewhere years back, so even though there's two yellow versions here I think neither are mine. I could be wrong.

And those still worked (both the blue and the yellow) last time I checked. Which was still a few years ago from now, so it's possible they don't work anymore, but I know for certain they did before since I even started a new game on one of the yellows. Checked to make sure it could save and all that before I got too far.

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
Years
I've never actually played the Gen 1 games on a real cartridge. I'm much younger than most Gen 1 fans, having been born a good few years after the games' release, and I didn't start playing Pokemon until I was about 10. I had a GBA at some point, but it just sort of.... dropped off the face of the earth a few months after I got it. Shame, too, since it had Emerald in it when it disappeared (to this day I'm convinced my friend's jerk of a brother stole it). So, long story short, I never got a chance to play the Gen 1 games until a few years ago, when I discovered the magic of emulators. Since I recently replaced my GBA, I'm hoping to finally get to play it on a cartridge soon, or at least when I can find a somewhat-decently-priced genuine copy of the game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2017
I still own a Red and a Yellow cartridge. I got them a long while after they came out though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 15, 2017
My first game in the series was Pokemon Black version. I never used to play it, cause i was younger and had a very short attention span. That all changed when my school allowed DS's because they promote "Educational technology" Cause EVERYONe knows that Pokemon is educational! hah. but anyway i picked up an old original Game Boy along with Pokemon Yellow and Red version. That and other games, but the Pokemon i played the most. Considering the guy i bought it off got it in 1997 just one year after the games release, the battery help up well. It still saves to this day, and i cant imagine how many times i beat the elite four using his pokemon!

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Yes. Mind, I'm not entirely sure where they come from given they were hand-me-downs I got before I could remember (literally), but I do own all three versions.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I still have my original Blue Version that I got on a trip to the United States. It still works perfectly, unlike my newer Silver Version....

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I have my Blue and a Red I picked up a few years back. I also have a Green version from Jap. I did have Yellow but God knows where that went

Pi25

Wandering
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I had all of the cartridges at some point but the only one that I know I have in my possession right now is my Yellow one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
I have all three... and interestingly enough it survived over Gold and Silver

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
I'm a kid of the ruby generation, but I first introduced myself to pokemon with an already outdated gold version I bouth all GB and GBC games back in 2010, sadly the red version does not work properly, I don't care I never intended to play those cartriges probably because I just acquired for collecting purposes, and they don't have an intrinsic ownership value to me, I just like having the cartriges in my possesion.

I played red after having played the second and third generation.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
I have a broken copy of Crystal that was my second Pokemon game (after Sapphire), and I have a still-working Yellow that I haven't played in a while.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
I have every singel game stil I ever bought I dont belive in trading in or selling old games since i know i want to replay them eventually,

Back