• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have an original Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow cartridge?

Years
This post is similar to the one in generation 3, but I thought it would be interesting to ask that here since the games are over 20 years old.

Do you still have an original gen 1 cartridge? I still have my Pokemon Blue I bought from some school garage sale. (Although I'm sure the battery is near death)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I have both red and yellow cartridges which work without having replaced the battery. I have no idea why, considering Silver version was the first of mine to go, followed by my third gen games..

Unfortunately I no longer have blue, as a 'friend' when I was a kid borrowed it and never returned it...

Years
I have Pokémon Blue in Spanish, Game Boy Color included. :D

16651637_10154109758256790_1824168889_n.jpg

Years
I do! I have all three. Hard to get rid of them because they hold so many memories, so I'll probably keep them forever. Can't believe it's nearing 20 years since I bought these games. @_@'

magikarpfainted

Up for Trade
Years
my husband has his
i wasnt allowed to have a gameboy back in the day
but ive made up for it as an adult, i own almost all of the staple consoles from the last 25 years and a library of games for them.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I still have my original Blue cartridge from when I was around 4 years old. Unfortunately the internal battery died a long time ago so it's not very playable, but at least I still have it! My brother still has his copy of Yellow that we got second-hand about 10 years ago.

Sirfetch’d

I don't :( I misplaced my Yellow version and I think I gave my Blue to a friend and never asked for it back. I have been considering ordering unopened copies on Ebay for a collection but they are sooooo expensive....

pkmin3033

I do! I have Yellow and Blue, although my copy of Red disappeared well over a decade ago now, and that was the first one I got...

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I do not. It was very much before my time actually, It came out before I was born, and I only got into pokémon when x and y came out, so they hold the nostalgia for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have both red and yellow cartridges which work without having replaced the battery. I have no idea why, considering Silver version was the first of mine to go, followed by my third gen games..

Unfortunately I no longer have blue, as a 'friend' when I was a kid borrowed it and never returned it...
Gen 2 had a clock system, which drained the battery more quickly than the simpler Gen 1 games, iirc.

I still have my Yellow cartridge! it works fine. It's just my GBA that glitches if I accidentally touch the cartridge ;;

Guest123123

I don't. I have no clue what happened to my 1st gen games. The earliest game I still have is Crystal, and even then it's not the original one I purchased when the game came out (I lost that one too), it's one I found used in 2007. The earliest purchased game I still have is Emerald, which I got in 2006.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I do! I have a copy of Green as well. 8) All of them still work, though my copy of Red had to have the battery replaced last year. And I think Green's battery was replaced before I bought the copy.

Years
I have three of them! Unfortunately, my Yellow has been dead for over ten years now but amazingly enough both my Red Version and my Blue Version cartridges are still working to their best extent.

Back