Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 13 Hours Ago
4,680 posts
10.5 Years
Since generation ii, Pokemon has given us the mechanic of being able to breed two Pokemon to give them an offspring or egg. How often do you hatch eggs in the Pokemon games? Do you care if the Pokemon has perfect IVs upon hatching? What do you hatch eggs for in your Pokemon games?

I hatch eggs ever so often for my egg runs when I restart the gen IV or V Pokemon games. But, I don't care about IVs or Natures. I just hatch eggs for my own team, and not any other reason.
Theme: Tsukinaga Leo
Pair: Green

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,606 posts
14.2 Years
I care about IVs so I breed for that reason. And eventually I'm going to get into shiny breeding as well, but that's more for when I actually complete the National Dex in USUM. @__@

Sydian

XIII

Age 26
Georgia
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
32,311 posts
11.4 Years
i generally only breed if i just want to get a certain pokemon for a playthrough on another game or shiny hunt. rarely do i breed anything for battle or for in-game usage. i think the last time i did that was crystal. i went out of the way to trade a venomoth from red into crystal, breed it with a ledyba, and got a ledyba with psybeam as an egg move bc i rly wanted it. mango the ledian is doing great on my team thank u for asking.
somebody up there must be sad
twitter | ao3

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
8,267 posts
8.1 Years
I’ll spend a good amount of time breeding for shinies or IVs or nature’s, etc! I like being able to really start from scratch with a Pokémon. Back in the day I would breed for competitive play, which was.. trialing, to say the least, haha.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!

Age 33
Male
Seattle, WA
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,472 posts
7.2 Years
Not sure how it will be in the 8th gen

before I always breed my team and have it ready to be transferred
I love starting my teams all at level 1
I ♥ Fire Foxes and Cats!! - art i drew myself
instead of 'Catch 'em All' for me would be "gotta Pet 'Em All"
check out my arts: Firox-Fox - Discord: Jyo-Espeon#0363

Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
36 posts
6.4 Years
Before Gen 7, most of my breeding was just to fill slots in my National Dex.

During Gen 7, I've done a little bit of everything - shiny breeding, competitive breeding, breeding a team for a new playthrough, etc.

Right now, I'm playing back through all the games, and at the beginning of each new game, I'll hatch out a team of descendants from the previous game, to use as my new team.
Advertiser Content