• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Don't do this

Years
  • In the finals I put out my Corviknight against Raihan's Duraludon, solid in theory but boring in practice. Just a bunch of barely damaging "it's not very effective"s.

Anyway, who's found themselves doing similar? Steel types man.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't really remember engaging in a drawn out battle exactly like that, though I wouldn't be surprised if I have done it before

Corviknight can learn Body Press via TR tho that probably would've helped you a bit

Years
    • Seen today
    I like sending out my fighting type against other fighting types so I can pretend it's a duel. Not just for sword and shield, pretty much every pokemon game.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I used my own Morpeko against Marnie's in the tournament battle to make it a bit interesting and easily won.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I used my Lanturn to spam Scald and occasionally sent in my Flame Body Coalossal just to fish for burns. I also used my Lanturn as my Electric counter instead of considering a Ground Type instead.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I never really do this unless my team happens to be that bad, tbh. Although, I don't ever see bad matchups as a bad thing, anyway, any Pokemon can win a fight if trained to a high level, anyway, even at a disatvantage.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I never really do this unless my team happens to be that bad, tbh. Although, I don't ever see bad matchups as a bad thing, anyway, any Pokemon can win a fight if trained to a high level, anyway, even at a disatvantage.
    As to "trained to a high level": Supposedly, the games made you overlevel your party. However, I never managed to confirm that. My party was still below level 60 when I beat Leon, which makes me wonder what I did that others did differently. I basically just beat all the trainers I ran across, occasionally did a raid in order to get more exp candy whenever my party started lagging behind and that was pretty much it. Never really bothered filling the Pokedex, but I still caught a bunch of Pokemon regardless of my party being very fixed right from the start.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Experienced nothing quite like that with Corviknight specifically. Caught it as a Rookidee. Learned Power Trip and Hone Claws by level 8. Knew what had to happen.

Engaged in a few long bouts, however, mostly in challenge runs. Forces awkward situations sometimes. Stalls for stat boosts. Balloons the turn count quickly.

Remembers two very long battles, both against Diantha in X/Y.
    1. Dark Monotype. Leads with a huge problem (Hawlucha with Swords Dance) and ends with a huge problem (Mega Gardevoir).
    Fished for good boosts with Drapion via Acupressure. Used it fifteen times total in the twenty-nine turn match.

2. Solo Castform. Doubted Castform's ability to defeat Mega Gardevoir, even at level 87. (Note: Level 68 for Mega Gardevoir.) Brought Confide just for it.

Failed to factor in Moonblast's secondary effect, however. Thought it was a 10% chance for -1 Special Attack. Turned out to be 30%. Dropped to -6 Special Attack. Knocked off ~10% of Mega Gardevoir's health with a Hail-powered Weather Ball. Whittled it down with Hail damage, mostly. Spent twenty turns (of thirty-four total) on Mega Gardevoir.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    I accidentally sent my Wobbuffet out against a NPC trainer's Wobbuffet in my most recent playthrough of Emerald.

I just barely managed to finish it off with Struggle.

Back