• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alolan Muk vs Alolan Ninetales

Well?

• Muk

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Ninetales

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Both

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2018
    Which one do you guys prefer.

I'm going for Muk because I find him a lot more useful in general, but I do admit Ninetales is really beautiful.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Muk's alolan design made it more interesting than the original design, but Ninetales is just. Soooo cute and beautiful

Years
  • Ninetales is clearly the better one. Shame my version was Moon because I would have wanted to use it, in fact it was the only Sun exclusive I cared about.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Muk's change in appearance made much more sense but Ninetales is so pretty.

Years
  • I like what they did with Alolan Grimer/Muk, but Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales are probably my favorite of the regional forms (alongside Marowak), so I just couldn't vote against it.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • In terms of design, but were fantastic! But I prefer Ninetales, so lets go with ninetales. I also think its ability and move pool is cool as well.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Have always been a fan of Vulpix since day 1(Episode 28 of Season 1....) and the Alola variant only makes me love it even more. Icing on the cake is that plushies of this Fox Pokemon are sold out -.-

Ninetales by default for me ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Alolan Muk was my first Alolan form Shiny (Caught as a purple Alolan Grimer) and is very useful in battle. However Alolan Ninetales has a tremendously elegant design and a great Hidden Ability in Snow Warning and gets Aurora Veil.

Incidentally I have a Shiny Alolan Ninetales too which whilst a nice purple is not as beautiful as Shiny Fire Ninetales one of the best Shinys in the game.

Overall I prefer Alolan Ninetales to Alolan Muk.

Years
  • It's alolan Ninetales for me. Alolan muk is no close to Vulpix or Ninetales. Infact Grimer is better than Muk. Too much of colourful design doesn't suit Muk

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Muk all day long. Much better in battle, and I don't care for pretty things, which seems to be most people's reason for choosing Ninetales.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Definitely gonna have to give this to Ninetales. While Muk is tanky, can easily spread poison and acts as a blanket check to the Tapus (as well as looking like it was scribbled over with crayon), Ninetales not only looks really cute, but has more potential in battle, in that it can set up Aurora Veil for its team and threaten Water-types with Freeze-Dry. The hail it brings with it can also break sashes and make killing easier.

Yes, I'm looking at this from a competitive standpoint.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Muk helped my team a lot in my first run through. it was bulky enough to be sent out against most and its design reminds me of how water mixed with car oil gets that rainbow gleam. Ninetales was fun to use but I don't remember anything specific about it.

Back