• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Personally i'm against mega legendarys. There are a lot more low tier, stage 3 pokemon that would really benefit from a mega evo, rather than uber tier pokemon that are already overpowered. Plus it just seems to take away from the idea of being "legendary"
    I know but Suicune isn't Uber Tier...plus it has room for growth unlike Mewtwo. It can be Water/Ice like it should've been since the beginning. MegaEntei can be Fire/Ground, and MegaRaikou can be Electric/Flying (?)

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I know but Suicune isn't Uber Tier...plus it has room for growth unlike Mewtwo. It can be Water/Ice like it should've been since the beginning. MegaEntei can be Fire/Ground, and MegaRaikou can be Electric/Flying (?)

I dunno, there's other pokemon is like to see first. Like Walrein, Steelix, Quagsire, and Kabutops.

Years
  • Speaking of first...think they'll reveal any more Megas in the upcoming 17 days? (well the end those 17 is the 12th so 16). They have yet to announce MegaKangha too...
    I would love to see a MegaSteelix and MegaWalrein. Maybe MegaSteelix will be Steel/Dragon losing the Ground type.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Speaking of first...think they'll reveal any more Megas in the upcoming 17 days? (well the end those 17 is the 12th so 16). They have yet to announce MegaKangha too...
    I would love to see a MegaSteelix and MegaWalrein. Maybe MegaSteelix will be Steel/Dragon losing the Ground type.

Hypotheticaly they should be revealing the whole pokedex within the next 17 days, so I assume more Megas are to fallow

That thought made me smile :D

Years
  • Hypotheticaly they should be revealing the whole pokedex within the next 17 days, so I assume more Megas are to fallow

That thought made me smile :D
    Will they release it? Doesn't it first leak during the first days followed by a few days later it's officially released?
    The thought though that we'll know so soon is good :)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I find Mega Pokemon kinda in the "Elite" category. I mean, there's nothing wrong with them but I just don't see them being needed. I dunno. I'm just not used to the idea and I just don't agree with it. I would probably agree with the idea if the designs were good and the Pokemon that were getting Mega Forms weren't already strong.

Like, why Blaziken? It's already Uber. Garchomp is insanely strong. Mewtwo...do I even need to explain this? In my eyes, if they picked the Pokemon that weren't super strong and brought them a form, maybe I'd like it more. I just find it like an overpowering monster idea. Or maybe I'm just complaining too much.

I do wonder why they decided to give only a few starters a Mega Form. Why not the others? Unless it's coming. o:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I really like the idea of MegaEvolution. It gives all Pokémon a chance to be in the spotlight, including the ones that have never really been payed enough attention to in the past. MegaEvolved Pokémon may seem a little overpowered, but everyone is limited to having only one of them in their teams, which, in my opinion, makes it all fair.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Personally, I really like the idea of MegaEvolution. It gives all Pokémon a chance to be in the spotlight, including the ones that have never really been payed enough attention to in the past. MegaEvolved Pokémon may seem a little overpowered, but everyone is limited to having only one of them in their teams, which, in my opinion, makes it all fair.

Only 4 out of the 11 (counting both Mewtwo's as one) are ones that people have forgotten. The rest are already popular enough Pokemon. I hope that they take more Pokemon like say, Absol, and give it a form. That would make it a lot better o:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hoping not, as I see the Mega Evolutions as more of a ' temporary form change' than a true evolution. It would also make many Pokemon that are fully evolved into their 2nd evolution such as the starters way overpowered with it.

They are just form changes and not full evolutions. They are temporary as they only last while the Pokemon is in battle and can only be limited to 1 per battle. Both of which kinda prove its not a real evolution, though these are given to "Fully Evolved Pokemon" Only as it is an "Evolution that surpasses Evolution". So all the Pokemon given these new forms can be said to be the highest point in their evolutionary cycle.

Also did they not already list the three criteria for the Pokemon chosen to be have Mega Evolutions. I remember Popularity but there were two other points that I don't remember. If so I can see how Popularity was chosen as these Pokemon tend to be on the player's teams when the bigger Official tournaments are done. Kinda wish I could remember what they other two were.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Also did they not already list the three criteria for the Pokemon chosen to be have Mega Evolutions. I remember Popularity but there were two other points that I don't remember. If so I can see how Popularity was chosen as these Pokemon tend to be on the player's teams when the bigger Official tournaments are done. Kinda wish I could remember what they other two were.

The other two where Looks and Balance.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Will they release it? Doesn't it first leak during the first days followed by a few days later it's officially released?
    The thought though that we'll know so soon is good :)

Oh lol I actually hadn't tought of that. We've never had the games out on the same day worldwide before so I was never aware of that. I always thought they brought it out before it launched, but I'm not even sure now lol

Years
  • Also the none Kanto starter's Mega Stones will proably be like Blaziken's...so we'll proably need to wait for them to have the event...it'll be nice though as we'll have some Megas to look forward to even after the game is released :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my opinion, legendary MegaEvolutions are the only ones that should have been event-specific. Legendary Pokémon are extremely rare, so those who want to see them in their Mega forms would be required to go through some extra work. All other Megas (including the ones for starter Pokémon) should've been obtainable in-game, one way or another. d:

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • Since I've seen Mega Mewtwo X, I prefer it over the other one. It just looks better. I don't see it's special attack going down too much, so in my opinion, it could be better overall then Mewtwo Y. But I'm sure Mewtwo Y must have something up it's sleeve, so I'm not going to say it's the worst. Mega Blaziken seems awesome, but don't you think they're going a little overboard with this "hair" thing? It kinda seems like they've just added these dangling things onto Blaziken and Lucario. I must say though, it still looks cool.

And my favourite would have to be Absol. But it has it's downs too. I think that the original kinda looks better. Yeah, the Mega does look cool with the wings and that; but again, they've kinda overdone it. I was kinda bummed when I heard that Kalos natives weren't going to get Megas. It would make sense if they were Mega Yveltal & Mega Xerneas. Too bad. :(

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Speaking of events...do you think that the other starter megaevolutions would be available through events, too? Like say, Sinnoh starters having a specific mega stone of their own? I'm thinking just because they are such rare Pokemon, that this might be the case at some point...
    At this point, I'd assume that the starer's mega stones are only available through event download. i don't really see any of their stones being in the game since Blaziken's stone isn't available.

Years
  • I would like to see a MegaSpinda (if not an evolution) where it becomes large like Pangoro and it's swirls become concentric circles to represent it's more in control of the spin...

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I would really love a mega evolution (or an evolution) of Dunsparce just because I feel there is a lot they could do with him. He has so much potential design-wise (in my opinion) to evolve into the sickest Pokémon ever.

Years
  • I would really love a mega evolution (or an evolution) of Dunsparce just because I feel there is a lot they could do with him. He has so much potential design-wise (in my opinion) to evolve into the sickest Pokémon ever.
    What if Mega Dusparce is the most different looking MegaEvolution...it could be a cool looking Wyrm or a serpentine dragon that's Dragon/Fairy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Dunsparce just isn't ready for a MegaEvolution, in my opinion. It needs an evolution first, then it could have a Mega form. If Dunsparce does get an evolution, I would want it to be a dragon-type Pokémon, if possible. To me, Dunsparce looks a bit like a dragon already. If it ever evolved into a full-fledged dragon Pokémon, it would make a lot of sense.

Back