• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Insanium

Jimmy Cream
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I would like Dunsparce to keep its normal typing, I don't want to lose STAB headbutt for paraflinching :/

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    All right, thanks man! :) Was my guess, so I'll stick with that.

But wow, holy ****. The game looked so slick I'm really impressed(why didn't I realize this before)

I agree, I know the game has been getting a lot of bad rep for its graphic but at least by my standards this feels good enough.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The video also revealed that Mega Evolving has priority (Mega Evolving is done before any Pokemon makes a move, as seen when Ampharos Mega Evolved and didn't attack until Gogoat made its move)

Anyway, just by looking at the HP bars, I can estimate that Pangoro has 95 base HP (assuming 0 IVs, a Pokemon with that base HP stat has 155 HP at level 50).

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    The video also revealed that Mega Evolving has priority (Mega Evolving is done before any Pokemon makes a move, as seen when Ampharos Mega Evolved and didn't attack until Gogoat made its move)

Anyway, just by looking at the HP bars, I can estimate that Pangoro has 95 base HP (assuming 0 IVs, a Pokemon with that base HP stat has 155 HP at level 50).

Thanks for that, I've never been good calculating stats. Also Im glad Mega Evolution has priority and how its been said before its selectable, so you can do it whenever you want.

Years
    I did the same thing, all the Pokemon used had no HP IV's, but then Ampharos came out with 17(8-ish?) which meant it had about 20 HP IV's which doesn't make sense that it's the only Pokemon to have them...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Damn the battles are so fast paced...
    I wonder what stats MegaAmpharos got upped (irc they didn't mention them)

Ampharos are known more for their defenses, so when Ampharos changes into its Mega form, I'm guessing it gets a raise in its Defense and Special Defense stats. It could gain a boost in Special Attack, but its Sp. Attack is already quite high, so I'm not exactly sure why that would need a boost. Also, I'm hoping that Mega Ampharos gets the Lightningrod ability. This will give us the chance to switch into this Pokémon whenever we're expecting the opponent to use an electric-type move. When it's hit by an electric attack, its Special Attack stat would be increased by one whole stage, which would enable it to start sweeping immediately. d:

Years
    Also, I'm hoping that Mega Ampharos gets the Lightningrod ability. This will give us the chance to switch into this Pokémon whenever we're expecting the opponent to use an electric-type move. When it's hit by an electric attack, its Special Attack stat would be increased by one whole stage, which would enable it to start sweeping immediately. d:

MegaAmpharos has the ability Mold Breaker. It would be totally awesome if it got access to some special ground moves like Earth Power.

Years
    Raising it's defenses sounds good...though maybe raise its Defense stat and its speed.

Ampharos's speed is really low, I can't see them boosting it up as it wouldn't have as big of an impact. Mega Evolution's are meant to bring Pokemon up to Legendary quality, for someone like Absol a speed increase could benefit it a lot, whereas with Ampharos it would just knock it up to mediocre. I don't see it happening, but then again it all depends on how much the stats are increasing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Do you guys think a normal Mega Evolved Blaziken will have Speed Boost? The one from the Event has it's special ability even as a Torchic hence why I ask as it's ability could've been carried over to it's Mega Evolution...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Do you guys think a normal Mega Evolved Blaziken will have Speed Boost? The one from the Event has it's special ability even as a Torchic hence why I ask as it's ability could've been carried over to it's Mega Evolution...

Mega Blaziken's ability is Speed Boost. None of the Mega's carry abilities from their original forms. The Dream World Torchic is just a coincidence. The Dream World ability and the Mega's ability just happen to be the same ability (Because its really OP and works well on Blaziken)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Blaziken's ability is Speed Boost. None of the Mega's carry abilities from their original forms. The Dream World Torchic is just a coincidence. The Dream World ability and the Mega's ability just happen to be the same ability (Because its really OP and works well on Blaziken)
    Thanks for clearing that up :) I'm glad to hear it's Mega will have it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    And just for a recap since I saw someone post earlier that they didn't know Mega Ampharos' ability, a quick list of all the Megas and their abilities:

Mega Venusaur: Thick Fat
    Mega Charizard: Drought
    Mega Blastoise: Mega Launcher
    Mega Mewtwo X: Steadfast
    Mega Mewtwo Y: Insomnia
    Mega Blaziken: Speed Boost
    Mega Lucario: Adaptability
    Mega Mawile: Huge Power
    Mega Absol: Magic Bounce
    Mega Ampharos: Mold Breaker
    Mega Kangaskhan: Parental Bond
    Mega Garchomp: Sand Force

The two new abilities Mega Launcher and Parental Bond power up "Pulse" moves and allow the Pokemon to attack twice when it attacks on that turn respectively.

Back