• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use Sudowoodo?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    375px-Brock_Sudowoodo.png
    In Generation IV, Sudowoodo can be found blocking the road in an inconvenient location on Route 36. In order to catch one, the player must first alert it by squirting it with water from the SquirtBottle. Oh boy, it sure didn't like that! At that point, the supposed "tree" will attack!

Did you use Sudowoodo? If you didn't, why not? Did it prove to be an asset or a liability to your team? Did you bother to even catch it?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I have yet to catch it as usually when I come around to it I already have a well-trained rock mon or a well trained team in general. I might want to use it soon though.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I actually did capture it and used it. It turned out to be quite the asset to my team as well. I've never really paid it any mind in previous runs, but I think it's a really underrated Pokemon in-game wise. If you're looking for a really nice Rock-type, try out Sudowoodo!

strawberry

fairy-type
    Years
  • i captured it, but really only to add to my dex. i'm not a huge fan of the design nor do i really enjoy using rock types on my team. it's not a bad pokemon, just not one that i prefer using.

JasperXERO

Time to Reanimate the "Dead Myself"
    Years
  • Since when I was playing first time on Pokemon on GBC... I thought that Sudowoodo was a Grass-Type when my Growlithe used Flamethrower... But it's not very effective xD... With Wartortle ... Used the Water Gun and now I know.... Sudowoodo was a Rock-Type xD Now in HG/SS... Yep... I caught him xD

Years
  • I caught him the first time i played the game however i never used him not even as a HM slave In my later playthroughs however i just knocked him out Too much of a hassle catching a pokemon that you are never going to use any way.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I did catch it for the Dex, but I wouldn't use one on my team. Mainly because my teams are just my favorite Pokemon of said region, though I do like Sudowoodo. I used it plenty in Colosseum, that's kinda enough for me.

Back