• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)

Which are your favorites? (Choose as many as you'd like!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Favorite Pok?mon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)

Welcome to the fifth annual installment of the Favorite Pok?mon Tournament, hosted here in Pok?mon General! The goal of the Favorite Pok?mon Tournament (also known as the FPT), is to determine the most popular Pok?mon/Pok?mon family of the users here at the Pok?Community. This will be a 10-week set of polls running between now and December, where we'll pit almost all Pok?mon of different types from past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pok?mon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as Pok?Community's favorite Pok?mon of 2017!

If you are new to the Favorite Pok?mon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until the 6th of November, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6) Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017 : Ghost (Oct. 30 - Nov. 6)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I love Ghost-types, so I'm going to cop out and vote for all of them...pre-seventh generation. Because Gen VII didn't even do ghost right.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Gengar is my original favorite Ghost type pokemon. I have so many memories of playing with this pokemon on many of the games, in particular generation one and pokemon Stadium. It's just awesome that after all these years it is still such a powerful and awesome pokemon even in the current meta game. Gengar is just all around awesome.

Sableye I thought was awesome in generation 3 when it used to have no weaknesses, but even in generation 6 after gaining a weakness it's still such an awesome pokemon that has a very interesting stalling style as well as playing to it's hidden ability Prankster. I also really enjoy it's jewel encrusted design, it has a creepy yet colorful design that is just very eye catching.

Aegislash is such an awesome concept for a Pokemon that changes form in battle. Going from an incredible defensive tank into an incredibly fast sweeper, it's just an amazing pokemon that really takes advantage of its ability to change form. It also has a really cool and intimidating looking design that is relatively simple but looks great as is.

Mimikyu is just an amazing pokemon that is also got an adorable design. Ghost and Fairy type brings together two of the best offensive types together, and Mimkyu's move pool does wonders to support this. Plus its disguise ability is just insane with a free turn of set up, probably Swords Dance, it's pretty spectacular.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Oddly enough there aren't many Ghost-Types I truly like nor truly dislike.

I'd say my top Ghost-type would be either Gengar or Marshadow. Both for design.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Shedinja, Honedge line, Decidueye, and Mimikyu because I can't remember if I voted for it during the Fairy poll.

Years
  • Voted for all of them except:

- Sableye (eh, not the biggest fan of it)
    - Duskull line (never really cared for it)
    - Spiritomb (same as Duskull)
    - Yamask ( they're ok but not great)
    - Honedge line (same reason as Yamask)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Voted for Golett line, Marshadow and Hoopa-C, who has really jumped up the list for my favorite Pokemon after using it in competitive a bit.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Voted for Gastly, Decidueye, Lunala and Marshadow.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Has Drifloon/Drifblim always been this popular and I've just been oblivious? Or is this something that has happened over the last year or so? Because I'm genuinely shocked to see it in the running to win this poll

Years
  • Has Drifloon/Drifblim always been this popular and I've just been oblivious? Or is this something that has happened over the last year or so? Because I'm genuinely shocked to see it in the running to win this poll

Opinions seem to change I guess. Gengar has won a type-based poll every year, whether it'd be the Ghost or Poison one. Aegislash seems to be leading at the moment, but not by much.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Giratina and Lunala are the only ones who are good in design and battle.

Years
  • And with that, our spoopy week of FPT voting has come to a close!

In a bit of a switch-up from previous years, Honedge, Doublade, and Aegislash tricked the rest of the competition, and were treated with a spot in this year's finale! Coming in a close second place was the Gengar family, who for the first time ever, didn't make it to the finale on their first poll of the year (they'll still have one more shot when the Poison poll comes around).

Anyway, thank you to everyone for voting, and be back here later today for the next run of polls here in the FPT!

EDIT: No one even noticed that I missed Alolan Marowak in this poll. I feel bad since I would've voted for it myself, but I also feel bad that no one even noticed it wasn't there either :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't believe Gengar actually lost to Aegislash! Oh well at least Gengar will still have a chance in the Poison-type poll.

Back