• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Do you think natures will be in the game?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • UBmqdOG.jpg

Alternate question: what do you think the 1 and 0 and 2 in circles on the left of the stats represent? Possibly a different way to look at IVs? And yes, the coloured stats to suggest which stats are boosted by their nature is not there.

Feel free to discuss.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen today
    I saw people remarking before that the HP values were weird, and we've got the same weirdness throughout the stats here - Drifblim at level 32 can normally have a maximum of 94 Attack, for example. I kinda want the icons on the right to indicate something more interesting than IVs - given the fist icon behind the number, maybe there's some sort of training program you can put Pokemon in a la Super Training.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Natures: At this point, no. (Could be a neutral nature, though.) Are there even abilities? Suggests a much weaker focus on battles, if so.

0 1 2 Circles: Guesses some kind of stat booster, similar but distinct from vitamins. Looks sort of like a bag in the circle.

Another note: 252 hitpoints on Drifblim. (Edit: Was not the only to notice, apparently.) Exceeds normal stats by a mile. Checked out the stats for a neutral nature (Hardy) Drifblim with 31 IVs and 252 EVs across the board.
    Hitpoints: 168
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 63
    Special Attack: 92
    Special Defense: 69
    Speed: 86

Falls short in every stat. Cannot explain this with the circles either, given zeroes in some of those.

Edit: Also, 97 hitpoints on a level 16 Piplup.

Last edited:
    Years
  • no, i don't think so and same for abilities. also stats look weird, idk if the values we are seeing are altered, but considering a whole new kind of battling mechanic, i think and hope they are reconsidering some stats. indeed from what we ve seen, it looks like super fast pokemon are kinda broken, so if they didn't "re-make" some stats, that would affect the balance of the game.
    about the numbers we see on the right side, i think those could be IV and tbh i hope so. obviously 1 doesn't indicate only 1 point but a group of super low IV, like it happened in swo/shi like "decent", "no good" and so on. Since we'll see few pokemon in this game, wasting time to catch and possibly breed a perfect IV pokemon could be interesting and would surely make, in some way, last the game longer

Years
  • For some reason I could see this game be very basic for newcomers and even people who took a break from Pokemon. I for now cannot see natures in the game, but bet I will be proven wrong haha.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't care. As LGPE proved, outside of a competitive context, a lot of the features of Pokemon stats aren't needed to make a fun game. If the series were significantly harder that wouldn't be true, but with or without natures, abilities, whatever else, it's still really easy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    There is a gauge surrounding the numbers, with the 2 gauge filled more than everything else. So I don't think this has to do with natures, or IV's because those don't change (without items of course). My guess is that these are either EV's, and a different way of showing them, or something entirely different.

Because the 1 gauges appear to be filled the same amount, it's my opinion that the gauge doesn't fill to increase the number, but that the number changes and that increases the gauge, showing how close you are to max.

Years
  • Honestly, no, especially looking at that screenshot. It does seem like the game might be a little simplified when it comes to stats - Drifblim doesn't have an attack/sp. attack/speed stat high enough to match them being 100+ in the early level 30s, for example, or at least from what I know about it. Curious to see how it'll work, and honestly will be a bit relieved if I have less to care about. Sometimes wanting a good nature can be a bit stressful and it's nice not to have to worry about it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I think this screenshot is too hard to say whether Natures will or won't be in the game at this point. But, whether natures are or aren't in the game, I don't really care. Natures are cool, and they do make Pokemon unique, it wouldn't make a difference to me if they're not in these games.

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    I don't think it's necessary in this game, somewhat unrelated but I always thought natures in Pokémon were stupid anyway but I understand why it's in the game I also appreciate what it offers to competitive, however this won't apply to Arceus so I frankly don't see the point for it returning to this game specifically.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    Natures play a big role since Gen III so I think it will. But... looking at the screenshot I don't see it, so maybe there won't be =(

Back