• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Has anyone looked at the leaks? If so what are you guy's opinion on all of it?

Will you still be buying the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Need to say the day one patch.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    I want to start this thread by saying I'm not sure if this type of discussion is not allowed, so if it isn't I wholeheartedly apologize to the mods and just please go ahead and delete this.

But, leaks are a big topic of discussion right now, we basically know everything about the game minus the day one update, has any of what we've heard affect your choice on buying the game? Anything regarding what's come out, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I still think the games are terrible. I am not surprised by anything from the leaks because I already figured that is how it would be. So honestly haven't been surprised by anything. If I hadn't found out my platinum version was fake, there would be no way I'd even think about buying they game. But as of a few weeks ago I decided that I would buy it just so I could have a Sinnoh Game I can trust.

But yeah, the leaks have had no affect on me because I've already been expecting it to be like it is.

Years
  • tbh nothing new from leaks. that's exactly what u could expect from the second trailer and since when game covers were revealed. it's not an attack or something. i m just saying it was kinda obvious. i didn't wanna buy the games be4 and i m not convinced now too, but from leaks there's something i really liked about those remakes, that actually give some veterans a good reason to play.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    I still had a little hope that this remake would continue where Gen 7 stopped
    But looks like it's really a faithful remake, or a remaster, like I already heard
    But... I'm still buying it, probably in the first week

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm concerned because we need a one day patch just to put the post game and fix the music, if I'm being honest. Other than that, I'm indifferent and am still going to buy the games.

Years
  • Looked at a bit of it, did some small opinion sharing in our leaks channel on discord. Overall I'm decently happy with it, but certain things make me a little confused (like why there was no intro movie in the game until recently, among other things). The E4 rematch team though whoaaa!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I came across a bit of the leaks, but that won't stop me from buying the remakes. I don't care about the title screen or the changes from the patch. I just want to experience the Sinnoh region again because I only had maybe 5 playthroughs since 2007. I always wanted to replay DPPt, but I don't like restarting my games.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I came across a bit of the leaks, but that won't stop me from buying the remakes. I don't care about the title screen or the changes from the patch. I just want to experience the Sinnoh region again because I only had maybe 5 playthroughs since 2007. I always wanted to replay DPPt, but I don't like restarting my games.

Omg are you who I think you are? The one and only goddess?

On the topic, I did came across it and I think I like especially I may have a chance to breed a new-but-old type of pokeball :)

Years
  • Yes because I know what to expect of D/P already anyway.

If you want to spoiler talk, then use the spoiler tags please! I don't personally mind spoilers if they are tagged. Some people maybe experiencing Sinnoh for the first time.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The fact they kicked the can to some no-name third party suggested to me that even Game Freak aren't interested in remakes anymore, so I was expecting a barebones experience to satisfy the people baying for them all the time, but the leaks told me things the marketing was never going to mention which were enough to bump these games from "not interested" to "if I can get a good price, sure".

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yes, I'll still be buying BD.
    Revisiting Sinnoh which is my most favourite region and generation despite starting all the way from RBGY tells a lot, not to mention it will be much more faster than the original Diamond and Pearl now for sure.
    DPPt was also the major reason I joined Pokecommunity here, just to start trading and I had made a lot of friends here. It is the most nostalgic generation personally.
    I don't care that others are disappointed with the chibi/ nothing much new/ lack of Pokemon from generation 5 onwards/ blahblahblah.

Years
  • I'm against remakes unless we are talking from 2D to 3D or something amazing. This being the same game, only fleshed out sounds like a ripoff. Not a fan, shocked how many people want to buy it though. I wouldn't say no to a free copy ofc :)))

Years
  • tumblr_o1kyk1tAAo1tgz4rco1_500.gif

Back