• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much do the Poké Balls you catch your Pokémon with matter to you?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I definitely try to give them either a pokeball that matches their color or a pokeball that is really cute when catching team members! Beyond that i try to catch everything in a pokeball and only go higher if i cant initially do that haha. Including legendaries i like a challenge when it comes to catching pokemon ig.

Years
  • lol this is an interesting topic actually because it brings back memories of me trying to catch rare pokemon in a premier ball and mostly everything else in luxury balls.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I used to use strictly regular Poké Balls, partly for the extra challenge and partly because in-game trainers prior to Sun & Moon only used regular Poké Balls. These days I like to mix it up a bit more, though I still try to avoid using any that increase catch rate (with the exception of Apricorn Balls—those are just too neat not to use—and GSC since the Poké Ball doesn't get recorded).

I hope we get the ability to swap Balls on our Pokémon in the future because I'd love for all of my teammates to be in Friend Balls (my favorite Poké Ball).

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • When it comes to everyday Pokemon that I'm catching for a run or to add to my party for experimenting, I don't worry at all about the ball that it's in. I tend to just use a quick ball since I know it will almost always catch the Pokemon immediately. Shiny hunting is a different story entirely. When I finally find the shiny I'm going for, I try to use the ball that is either a similar/the same color as the Pokemon. If I don't have a ball that accurately matches the color of the shiny, I try to use a ball with a color that compliments the color of the shiny.

Years
  • when doing a normal run, i try to only use pokeball, great ball and ultra ball. there are times when i try to match their color though, if i like the pokemon

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I like using quick balls but just for the sake of catching fast, not sure if that's relevant for the thread.

But no, I don't think I care about which pokéball I put my Pokémon in, they all have nice designs in their unique way

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't really particularly care, no. I just throw whatever type of Pokeballs I have in my inventory. But nowadays, I try to save my Master Ball. Other than that, it doesn't really matter to me what Pokeball I catch my Pokémon in, and I've never put any extra thought into it, really.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    Lol yes I perfer the classic red and white and try to avoid using Pokeballs that designs I don't care for like a Nestball. Or sometimes I try to match a Pokemon color to the Pokeball.

Back