• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooh, you got season-ly awards now? They're probably rigged since mods always win
    They certainly don't xD but what gimmepie says might be bad too because then it'll be unfair for us in the opposite way. So maybe the three of us should just be unvotable altogether. /cry

And it can become a seasonal thing, mostly we're just thinking we should mix events up with RP Awards.

Years
  • They certainly don't xD but what gimmepie says might be bad too because then it'll be unfair for us in the opposite way. So maybe the three of us should just be unvotable altogether. /cry

And it can become a seasonal thing, mostly we're just thinking we should mix events up with RP Awards.

I don't mean people should be biased, I just mean that people should just vote for who they think deserves the spot.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm not sure I even remember the last time a mod won in those competitions xD

I don't think I'll be participating in a new one. I'll have to see how popular it is first. Last time there weren't more than 10 votes (if memory serves right)... it was okay when it was a minority of us from the RPC who chose to vote, even if the competition was deemed unconventional, but it's not fun now with even less than the minority taking part in it. Any less than that and it truly becomes a joke

Just speaking my mind here

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, if many people vote and bear in mind that it's meant to make people happy, it's more likely that people who will get happy about it win! #believe in utopia

Years
  • Well, if many people vote and bear in mind that it's meant to make people happy, it's more likely that people who will get happy about it win! #believe in utopia

Will the same categories as usual be being used? Or is there going to be a refurbishing? I wouldn't mind seeing a section dedicated to best character or best character creator. I feel the old "best SU writer" was a bit too broad since it could mean the character created or the quality of the writing and presentation in an SU.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Will the same categories as usual be being used? Or is there going to be a refurbishing? I wouldn't mind seeing a section dedicated to best character or best character creator. I feel the old "best SU writer" was a bit too broad since it could mean the character created or the quality of the writing and presentation in an SU.

Some old, some new, some borrowed, some blue

It'll be nice to spread some love around :) gotta remember you don't even have to vote on all the awards as well. IMO it's less about the award and more about people feeling recognised ^^.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Some old, some new, some borrowed, some blue

It'll be nice to spread some love around :) gotta remember you don't even have to vote on all the awards as well. IMO it's less about the award and more about people feeling recognised ^^.

Is there a category for best 2015 RP so far (or at least winter RP)?

Years
  • Is there a category for best 2015 RP so far (or at least winter RP)?

In the old RPAs there was "Best Roleplay" and "Best New Roleplay" or something like that. There was an award for the most original as well.

Also I'm submitting Gunpowder today or tomorrow

Foxrally

Years
  • In the old RPAs there was "Best Roleplay" and "Best New Roleplay" or something like that. There was an award for the most original as well.

Also I'm submitting Gunpowder today or tomorrow

Oooh, I might join if I have the time. I'm waiting for a reply from PinkSapphire about her SAO RP. If she doesn't reply soon enough, I might go into GunPowder. It's hard to manage 4+ RPs at the same time thoygh, so I might keep it at a limit of 3.

Years
  • Oooh, I might join if I have the time. I'm waiting for a reply from PinkSapphire about her SAO RP. If she doesn't reply soon enough, I might go into GunPowder. It's hard to manage 4+ RPs at the same time thoygh, so I might keep it at a limit of 3.

Understandable there, I have a bad habit of wanting to join more RPs than I can handle.
    Once upon a time I was able to take part in and run several RPs but I need to be more careful about that right now.

On a happier note

Gunpowder

I have now submitted my new roleplay Gunpowder. This roleplay takes place in the desert-covered south of a fictional country called Jeimas. This roleplay allows you to play as either a bounty hunter out to capture criminals or as an outlaw seeking to expand their reach and evade the law and incorporates a few fantasy elements in a setting reminiscent of the old west.

You can see the write-up for the OOC in the Planning and Review thread if you would like more information or feel free to just ask me.

Foxrally

Years
  • BTW, has anyone ever considered making a Hunger-Games style RP? I remember joining one waaaayy back on a mother forum but it was short-lived due to poor management and general lack of interest in RPing itself. Has there ever been one?

(not planning on making one myself btw, I'll spare you all the horror of me being a GM)

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • BTW, has anyone ever considered making a Hunger-Games style RP? I remember joining one waaaayy back on a mother forum but it was short-lived due to poor management and general lack of interest in RPing itself. Has there ever been one?

(not planning on making one myself btw, I'll spare you all the horror of me being a GM)

Sounds like a very interesting concept!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    BTW, has anyone ever considered making a Hunger-Games style RP? I remember joining one waaaayy back on a mother forum but it was short-lived due to poor management and general lack of interest in RPing itself. Has there ever been one?

Yep, there was some. Among others a sort of Hunger Games RP that lived for 3 years. It went sloooowly though.

Years

One of the pokemon RPs I'm planning on posting at some point could be considered similar to the Hunger Games but it has its origins in other franchises as well as in past RPs of mine.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sup guys? Is everyone crawling around the RPA thread with angry looks? :p

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Yo guys!

I haven't showed up in this thread for a really long time and all those new threads are confusing so I'm gonna ask something and I hope you all can help me in which thread this question belongs :D

I'm currently GMing SAO lol I'm not gonna let it die. but I'm thinking about making a really short Devil Survivor RP. It will be similar to Devil Survivor 2 the animation and Devil survivor 2 the game my favorites heu heu heu meaning it will have 7 or 8 IC days. Are there people why would be interested in this? I've actually been working on it for quite some time already.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've always been interested in the roleplay section, but haven't til just now thought to come here...well, I tried a year or two ago, but I just missed the last spot of the X-men RP which was a bit disappointing :(

Does anyone have any interest in doing another one?

Years
  • I've always been interested in the roleplay section, but haven't til just now thought to come here...well, I tried a year or two ago, but I just missed the last spot of the X-men RP which was a bit disappointing :(

I recently had an RP with a slightly X-Men feel running, it was pretty crowded in the SUs at first so even though I'm not 100% sold on it myself I think that you'll attract a decent amount of attention.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've always been interested in the roleplay section, but haven't til just now thought to come here...well, I tried a year or two ago, but I just missed the last spot of the X-men RP which was a bit disappointing :(

I'd love some kind of RP with superpowers a la x-men, since I have a character I want to use that never saw much action last time :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back