• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: SacredFire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years

"It's SacredFire, in the winter?" - Jack Black

Bannerz.png

Latest Update: Team Rocket's HQ was started.

Introduction

Hello Pokécommunity, I'm Sharp. I started this hack as a way to test out my hacking skills. As I did more and more, it eventually evolved into a full fledged hack. I'm surprised it got this far because school is slowing down my progress. Still, education is always my top priority. So yeah, stay in school, don't do drugs, eat your vegetables and keep reading? :)

ROM Information

Author: SharpPoint
Hack Name: Pokémon: SacredFire
Hack of: Pokémon: FireRed [BPRE]
Language: English
Productions of: ScrapPunk

Storyline

You're a teenage kid living in Wingpoint Town. Life was all good until about 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden, your Mom has had enough of Team Rocket. After weeks of news reports of Team Rocket abusing wild and legendary Pokemon, your Mom decides to do her best to protect you. From the start, you were destined to take action. Now, you are thrown into a world where it's you against the most powerful, evil and well-known corporation in the world. Your mission is to save the abused Pokémon, save your family, and defend the honor of your hometown. Are you ready?

Features

+ Exciting maps
+ Exotic palettes
+ New key items
+ Hard difficulty
+ Remapped indoor houses
+ Smart scripts
+ Unique gameplay
+ Secret legendaries
+ Balanced gameplay
+ New inserted tiles

Media

Screens
Spoiler:

Videos
Videos can only be shown in link form. If I embed the videos, it will be too many.

Support Banners

Spoiler:

Updates

Current Updates
Spoiler:

Archived Updates
Spoiler:

Bugs and Glitches

Spoiler:

Releases and Progress

Beta 1.0 is available!
Released: October 1, 2009
Download: Click here!

Beta 2.0 is under development.
Percentage: Unknown.
Working on: Team Rocket HQ.
Release date: Unknown.

Credits

Pokepal17 - Allowing me to use his PC, Mart and gym. Also, general help, tutorials and inspiration.
Score_Under - Helping me with advanced scripting questions, for PKSV and border.
Korronensu - Helping me a little when I was completely new.
HackMew - Amazing tools.
Lu-Ho - Advance Map.
AquaDan - Partial CSS code.
Alistair, Kyledove, Zel - Tiles and other resources
Spriters-resource.com - Sprites.
Foullump - Getting me started in scripting.
PHO and thethethethe- Tutorials and tiles.
jaonx38 of YouTube- For a walkthrough of the game and videos.
NiKaNoRoU - Awesome OWs and trainer sprites.
All the bug reporters - Reporting bugs. Thanks a lot.

If you feel your name should be here, please PM or post! I want to credit everybody.

© SharpPoint 2009. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Well, what can i say, Sharpie? This is amazing, good luck.

The demo was amazing. Outstanding work. You have my respect, you're a true hacker.

Add me as the first being in the world who played this hack, kthnx.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hwah, it's up! And it will succeed, so hard!
way to go, sharpie.
Comments:

• The storyiline puts TR into a very original position. That's very good.
  • I suppose you will be including JOHTO Pokemon in this hack or...?
  • The remapped PokeCenter is cool, and no longer boring.

Waiting for more. Good luck with it. And have a successful school year, too.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Second, and that's assuming nobody else apart from me (and of course Sharp) played it. ;)

When did you play it? And why didnt Sharpie tell me that you played it first? XD

And may i ask why are you using Zel's pallets? :tired:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Well, what can i say, Sharpie? This is amazing, good luck.

The demo was amazing. Outstanding work. You have my respect, you're a true hacker.

Add me as the first being in the world who played this hack, kthnx.

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And LOL, I'll add that right now. xD

Hwah, it's up! And it will succeed, so hard!
way to go, sharpie.
Comments:

• The storyiline puts TR into a very original position. That's very good.
  • I suppose you will be including JOHTO Pokemon in this hack or...?
  • The remapped PokeCenter is cool, and no longer boring.

Waiting for more. Good luck with it. And have a successful school year, too.
Hwah! ^-^ Thanks. I tried to make my storyline as original as possible, although unique stories are hard to come by. And yeah, the hack will mostly Johto and Kanto Pokemon. Hoenn Pokemon are less liked according to people. =)

Second, and that's assuming nobody else apart from me (and of course Sharp) played it. ;)

Lol, I did let you and Korronensu get the first play, but you guys always ignore me, so that doesn't count. >:O I haven't even played the game. I have no idea what happens after the first town.

When did you play it? And why didnt Sharpie tell me that you played it first? XD

And may i ask why are you using Zel's pallets? :tired:

I was told Zel let anyone use his resources as long as he is properly credited. o_O

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Thanks everyone. :) Just a few more bugs to fix. After that, I'll release it along with some more screens and possibly some support banners. D:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Updates!

New titlescreen:
introa.png

7 new support banners... pick your favorite!:
bossdone.png

chikoritadone.png

cyndadone.png

hodone.png

lugiadone.png

reddone.png

totodone.png

Thread changes:
The thread got a little more organized, moved some things around and added something under news.

Last edited:

oliverl79

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2009
wow amazing, your hack is going to soon be apart of my soon to be long long signature list of supporters, nice work

dragonface

Check out Elite version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Wow, this hack is very good looking. I like the tiles, (inside houses/Poke center and outside). Also the titlecreen looks sharp. Good job so far :)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Thanks everyone. I've been very sick lately. I haven't been able to work on the hack at all. I missed school today and most likely will have to miss it tommorow. But no worries, it's almost here. I don't have much work to do on the hack anyways.

^-^

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Download is now available! It's Beta 1.0 with all the bugs that were reported fixed!

(Lol, doctors gave me 3 shots. D: )

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
A few minor bugs I've noticed (so far)
- The guy who gives you 5 pokeballs will wander around when he's talking to you
- The Professor says "What are you waiting for? Choose your pokemon!" even after you and your rival leave.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hey, tested already and I was amazed by it.

So, I'd like to share some notes in a photo where I have gathered various screenshots:
Spoiler:

as a sidenote, if you white out before reaching the first town. you get the initial script at your mom's mentioning Prof OAK. No big deal, though.

Keep it up =)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
A few minor bugs I've noticed (so far)
- The guy who gives you 5 pokeballs will wander around when he's talking to you
- The Professor says "What are you waiting for? Choose your pokemon!" even after you and your rival leave.

Thanks a bunch. For some reason, the guy doesnt want to stay locked. o_O I'll rescript him. And yeah, Nintendo's script for Oak is scary. Lol... I won't be able to script anything close to that anytime soon. xD

Hey, tested already and I was amazed by it.

So, I'd like to share some notes in a photo where I have gathered various screenshots:
Spoiler:

as a sidenote, if you white out before reaching the first town. you get the initial script at your mom's mentioning Prof OAK. No big deal, though.

Keep it up =)

Best. Bug. Reporter. Ever. (And lol, you avatar is a scyther. A bug. D: ) Thanks so much for this. I'm just glad none of the actual scripts malfunctioned. The variables and flags can get a little chaotic. I'll have all these fixed soon. :P Glad you enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back