• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Anybody else who still hasn’t finished the game?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • I haven't finished mine as well because I've been busy, I'll try to finish it soon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    I haven't finished it yet either.... (I'm just before Acerola's trial on the third island)

It's a combination of the game not being as fresh as I'd like and also I'm focusing more time on drawing these days so it's hard to justify playing Ultra Sun. (not to mention when I do play a game it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

I do kinda regret buying Ultra Sun. Looking back it was an unnecessary purchase.

Acerola- You need a ghost type pokemon/ ghost type move to beat the trial. This makes no sense at all but ghost type moves are super effective against ghost types. You can one hit KO the haunter gastly and gengar with a ghost type move. I won beat it first time by using, spirit shackle and sinister arrow raid. Having decidueye was very helpful for this trial. Maybe try to obtain it in a trade?

.Eclipseon.

Ascensionverse Author
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I beat the first Trial on UltraSun, but I've been pretty busy lately and haven't picked up my 3DS in a while.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Me! But that's mainly due to me being busy. I always get into this slump during the first half of Ula'Ula so I also took a break of a few weeks before continuing. I'm right before the League, but my team still isn't complete so I'm not entering it until I got my sixth member.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • hello i am here i have not finished the game yet mostly because i have no motivation and it sort of is exactly like sun/moon except with a few changes so that also pushes me away from wanting to play it again. i am fairly close to the end though, but.. maybe i'll pick it up again and finish it another time

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I haven't beaten it yet. Gen 7 feels like such a let down after the amazing Gen 6. I'll get around to it, I just want to beat Crystal and complete the dex in Silver first.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • While I finished the game ages ago, I do know one person who still hasn't finished it. While I don't know how far he's got, his reasoning was that there wasn't enough to grab his attention, or in other words, he felt as though it was exactly the same as SM...but that's like quitting Platinum because it's exactly the same as DP. This probably suggests he's under halfway and hasn't got to the point where the plot really starts to pick up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2018
    Me! I have only just beat Necrozma, but that's for multiple reasons, one being me trying to catch as many of the Pokedex mons the first time I go on a route. I needed to kill more time on a really long and boring trip. I'm also in college, so my time is kinda limited.

Oh yeah, and monotype dragons got wiped the first time so I had to build a wall Lopunny build :')

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I got as far as the start of the third island and stopped playing months ago. Found it to be near identical to Sun/Moon and got bored. I've just this week decided to pick it up and give it another go, as I haven't played a Pokémon title since mid-November. But I've deleted the saved data and started from scratch as I wanted a fresh start rather than picking up where I left off on a save file that had gotten stale for me. I figured it was long enough since I'd played any Alola game that I could try again and so far I'm kind of enjoying it. Only on the first trial but I've gone with a female trainer for a change and I'm not using a starter as the only one I like is Rowlet and I've used it to death in Alola, so I'm building a team of Pokémon I've never/rarely used. Also I've got a full living Dex in Bank so I need the new UBs to add to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Oddly, I haven't even started USUM yet (despite buying them at launch). I didn't have any free time until Christmas, and I haven't had all that much time since, but lately, I've found myself opting to play other games instead (mainly Pokemon Gold, Super Mario Odyssey, and BOTW). I'm a little concerned about the current state of affairs, as I've never neglected starting a new Pokemon game for any significant length of time. Couple that to the fact that I still haven't finished Moon yet, and I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe too much hand-holding/linearity?

Any tips for diving back into things? I haven't faced this bad a Pokemon lull in years (though I'm still playing Gold, and I'm excited about Pokemon Switch, so it's not like I've completely lost interest in the series), and I'm not really sure where to go from here to get back in the groove.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • ive barely played any pokemon games anymore so i'm still on the first island and not past the first trail lol

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Nope, I decided to put it on hold once my mind clears and all my current health problems go away.

Years
  • I finally beat the main story a couple of weeks ago, but I've still only started the postgame stuff. I don't want to be disappointed by any of the Rainbow Rocket stuff, so I've kind of put it on the backburner for now, haha.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    Completed the game like a week or two ago. Iirc my US and UM copies arrived in December, didn't really have the urge to play. The whole US/UM really felt bleh. Not worth the money, but hey I love the Pokemon series, so...

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    I beat the main story. I'm now on the postgame content, though I'm mostly messing around finding new Pokemon and other postgame goodies. As well as getting stuff I missed the first time; apparently, I missed some Team Skull grunts, so I wound up with some lingering members who still wanted to wreak havoc even after the rest of the group decided to change direction.

It's quite fun wandering about when you're not as focused on the main story.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Never got to any post-game content with USUM. Always restart since I'm on my way on doing the ultimate monotype.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I didn't even buy the games. In Moon I made it to Mallow's trial in early 2017.

I just enjoy shiny hunting in gen 6 too much to play any other games.

Back