• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One thing you hate about anime?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    TW sexual abuse and graphic language

Spoiler:

Years
  • Rape scenes. I feel like most of the time it's soooo unnecessary and doesn't actually help progress the story at all, and if it does, it's just to give us a terrible character that we're meant to hate. I just feel there are better ways to do that then making them a rapist; Especially since half the time there's no warning or anything anyways. I know some people think trigger warning's are stupid, but goddamn, there are people with actual PTSD and anxiety disorders who went through things like that. Let them ****ing live without random breakdowns and flash backs.
    Can you give some examples please?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't know if it counts but... the sub vs dub wars. I mean, who cares what people prefer? It's always been one of the things that's made me hate the fandom when it comes to anime. I don't get the point of fighting over 'what is better'. It doesn't really matter. It's just like a bunch of kindergarteners fighting over a box of crayons to me. It's so pointless.

I also hate a lot of the fanservice at times. It actually depends on what it is. I do like the eye candy for most anime boys, but there are just some animes that really go over the top with it due to fangirl/fanboy purposes only though. Like, giving an anime girl huge boobs... when she's only 14 or 15. How unrealistic is that? :|

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Or making technically adult age girls look like lollies just for fan service. So stupid and actually pretty gross in my opinion. They can say the girl is 18 but it's anime; They can still make her look 5 if they want. The fact that it's actually normalizing that kind of thing is just insane to me.
    Exactly! Lolis need to maintain their age as well!

Years
  • 100% self insert character. ( nothing wrong with a little bit of self insert, but I find it super cring worthy when a character is all about self insert.)

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • - Fan service. Gosh, I just want some good characters, a good plot, and/or maybe some cute girls (at the very least, no overly otome genre looking guys).
    - Plots that think they absolutely need romance in them.
    - This is like a really minor complaint, but CG. It puts me off a bit when anime uses CG for human characters.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    When a girl ends up in a situation where she's seen in a state of immodesty or her crotch lands on a guy's face (why is this commonplace?), or a guy's hands land on her breasts, and she hits him.

Years
  • I have dropped a plenty of shows due to Fan service I just dislike seeing various female character and other character exposing various body parts just to get the show to have more views just because of a simple little thing

And also Stupid main characters I have encountered this atleast once But i still dislike it in it's own ways Take for example Ash newbie pokemon trainer who travels across the Regions trying to become the best trainer In the world But it just falls apart Because he just don't seem to u
    understand what he is doing wrong And it never changes he just does the same mistake over and over again I just couldn't take that anymore and i had to drop the show after the Second generation

And not to forget Bad dubs I know that some people wants to watch an anime in english But when the dub is so bad that you just wanna stop watching it's not worth spending your time with it I have my own run in's with this sort of thing in the past It was when i was watching Death note and clicked the next episode but i accidently hit Dubbed not sub And the episode started playing and i noticed how bad the voices sounded I never watched a dub after that

I almost forget to mention massive sexual abuse Why does this have to be a thing? I just get disgusted when the anime i'm watching throws this in all of the sudden The only anime that i have seen that had this kind of thing Was Mirai nikki I just had to walk away from the screen And think about what is this What did i just see.

Last edited:

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Pacing issues that end up ruining the plot. This is the reason why I think Erased is one the worst anime that everyone loves.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I'm going to have to be broad about my 'one thing' and just say bad writing.

Plot armour, fan service, pacing, lack of development in characters/self-inserts it all falls under the same umbrella.

Also not directly related to anime itself, but fans who think they are entitled to whatever they want from the anime when writers don't owe them ****.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Oversexualization in general is what annoys me in an anime.

Examples:
    1. Female characters being created with boobs larger than their head.
    2. Groping as some sick form of comic relief (looking at you, Seven Deadly Sins.)
    3. Perverted characters in general.

Years
  • How exactly does Erased fit into that category? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious about what you said. :)

It's an amazing story and the pacing of the first half is really well done but then in the second half the pacing inexplicably speeds up to absurd levels and the story ends up not being explored to the same depth as in the first half.

Doesn't stop me loving it but they do have a point tbh.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • How exactly does Erased fit into that category? Not trying to argue or anything, just curious about what you said. :)

Amazing start, but then the end of it was a mess to the point they differentiated from the manga. The director announced originally that it would follow the manga completely, but it is pretty evident during production the idea was shafted, probably due to either budget or the heads at A-1 only wanted a twelve-thirteen episode series. With the pacing the show had originally, it would have been perfect if the series wanted to do a two cour show.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Amazing start, but then the end of it was a mess to the point they differentiated from the manga. The director announced originally that it would follow the manga completely, but it is pretty evident during production the idea was shafted, probably due to either budget or the heads at A-1 only wanted a twelve-thirteen episode series. With the pacing the show had originally, it would have been perfect if the series wanted to do a two cour show.

It's an amazing story and the pacing of the first half is really well done but then in the second half the pacing inexplicably speeds up to absurd levels and the story ends up not being explored to the same depth as in the first half.

Doesn't stop me loving it but they do have a point tbh.

Yeah, I see both of those points. I still thought that it was great, but from what you guys said it could have been better. I would've loved to see it last 24-25 episodes.

Back