• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Yellow: Anyone ever tried to recreate Ash's team?

Years
  • I noticed quite a few people tried this when they played Yellow, me included. I really wanted to recreate Ash's team and use it all the way through, picked up a Pidgeotto early on and trained Caterpie to evolve into Butterfree. Once I started picking up the starters it became harder though, especially since Ash never evolved 2/3 of them. That was around when I gave up haha.

Anyone else tried?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    To some degree. I'm pretty sure my first party in Yellow was Pikachu/Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur/Pidgeot. Can't remember what the last one was though, and since I evolved Bulbasaur and Squirtle they technically don't count (though is still closer than using other Pokemon).

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I actually never tried to recreate Ash's team when playing Pokémon Yellow. In fact, whenever I played Pokémon, I always wanted to create my own team to have my own identity to separate myself from the anime characters.

Years
  • Nah, I always sort of end up picking some randoms that I like and haven't used before.
    I ain't sticking to a team just because an Anime character used it.
    Can't say I remember much from my Yellow playthrough way back when though rofl

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    In my Yellow playthrough I was still very new to the series, so (like many players I suppose) I couldn't miss the chance of having Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle on the same team (And Pikachu because, well, you're stuck with it). But it wasn't really with the intention of recreating Ash's team, it was just because it felt like something unique back then. I don't remember what were my remaining two members but pretty sure it wasn't Pidgeot, Butterfree or anything like that.

To really recreate his team it would require weird stuff like evolving Charmander but keeping Bulbasaur and Squirtle unevolved until the end, which gameplay-wise doesn't really give you any benefit at all.

Years
    • Seen today
    I did this all the time when playing Yellow.

I never took it uber seriously. Still evolved my team and never released anything.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i have tried to, but at the end my team looked more like the red team(charizard, venusaur, blastoise, flareon, snorlax/lapras and of course, pikachu) than ash team

stuff like evolving only 1 starter dint make sense to me so i just built my own team

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Yea once I did, my team was Pikachu, Charizard, Muk, Pidgeot, Kingler and Primeape. And let me tell you, baller!

2bc91a6f-f071-44a6-9270-77384877ebf4.png

This is honestly his most competitive team he could possibly have from gen 1, in my opinion.

Back