• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Kekkai Sensen [LAST EPISODE AIR DATE OCTOBER 3]

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • Wow, that's a good number, isn't it?

The good part is that clearly White & Black sub-plot will be closed at the end of the series, so they could perfectly adapt a 2nd season with the remaining material :O

I will be reading the manga after this.

Yup, my new sig is Leonardo-kun <3

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Episode 11!
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Why is there no episode this week? I swear these people, taking their sweet damn time with the final episode. First it gets delayed by episode 10.5 and now this. ;_____; I wanna see how it ends, damn it.

Although, looking at it differently, it just means that I still have one more week of Kekkai Sensen to look forward to. That's definitely good news, right? I've already been feeling hollow after coming to the conclusion that I won't have any more OregaIru or Danmachi for a while. Maybe a year. Or more. Who knows? u_u; At least with the high DVD sales a second season for this show is more than certain.

Unless, of course, something goes terribly wrong.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I'm wondering if this has anything to do with possibly getting approved for a second season. If they didn't originally think it would happen, it's possible that they're adding something in that hints towards season two.

derozio

Years
  • Having seen Shirobako, I wouldn't even dare suggest the fact that they probably went ahead and redid the episode or something. That just wouldn't be possible lol. But yeah, like you said, they'd probably change a few things here and there maybe in order to make it easier to bridge together this season's ending with the next season's beginnings. I won't be surprised if they do it after the great sales it has managed to achieve. :p

Though I wonder, Kekkai Sensen being the episodic manga that it is, is it even necessary for them to go through all this trouble? I mean, it probably won't face many issues no matter where they decide to pick it back up from. That's usually how it is as far as episodic series are concerned. Like, take Gintama for instance. They left a lot of chapters during one season. Then they picked up those chapters again and are reanimating it this season. Yet it doesn't feel weird at all - all due to its episodic nature. Same should hold true for Kekkai Sensen, I imagine, no?

Maybe we're just overthinking things and this delay is nothing but one occurring due to the episode not being ready on time or something lol.

derozio

Years
  • http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nt-finale-delayed-until-further-notice/.89880

The conflict isn't exactly THE reason. The reason is that they couldn't fit the finale in one 30 minute timeslot. They needed more time. So the finale has been delayed until further notice. No dates are set right now.

On one hand, I'm disappointed. But on the other, I'm happy because it seems that they're very serious and just don't wanna half ass things. :')

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Oh my goddddd I'm dying without my weekly dosage of Leonardo-kun!!!

I can't wait for the hopefully cinema-quality finale of epic proportions.

Also, did anyone watched the recap episode?? I haven't. Should I?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Yup, I read the same news today in the morning. What a shame! Now we need to wait more! D:!

Hopefully it will be worth it :)

I watched the recap, it wasn't really worth it :P but Leo-kun best husbando.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • The recap was done pretty well, I thought. I was hoping it would be more like the way Kill La Kill did theirs(like I said earlier), but at least there was a little bit of imagination. Poor Leo, aha.

I only watched half of it though, recap episodes are so boring zzz

derozio

Years
  • I skipped the recap too haha. I was wondering if I missed anything crucial or perhaps some new footage. But nope. Then I'm glad. :p

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I skipped the recap too haha. I was wondering if I missed anything crucial or perhaps some new footage. But nope. Then I'm glad. :p

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I just wanted all of you know that the wait for the ending is KILLING ME!!!1111oneone!!11

BONES Y U DO DIS

derozio

Years
  • You talk as if you're the only one, Kenchiin. We're all suffering here. :c

Seriously though. I wish we had something like a date. Would've made the wait at least a little bit easier. I'm just reassuring myself by reminding myself that the wait is all for a fantastic finale which will not be crammed into a 24 episode length for the sake of fitting things and will be a proper sendoff. Still is painful ;____;

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • gdi I thought the finale was up, seeing that this thread had new replies.

False hopes ;~;

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • The thread bump made me think that episode 12 finally released, but nope. I don't think I've been this disappointed in Bones since Eureka Seven AO. :( I wouldn't mind rewatching it right before I see the finale, though. I love the OP, ED, and everything about this series, just a shame about this 2 month delay.

derozio

Years
  • Somebody mentioned the date being December 12. But it isn't official. So uhh...yeah. No official date as of yet. Waiting for Blu-Ray of the last volume is all we can hope for now.

What the fuck, Bones? You don't do that to your fans. This is a bloody joke. I mean, I can understand them being ambitious with the finale and not being able to grab a proper timeslot and all but...seriously, this is a case of poor planning. Which I can't..just can't overlook.

Why is it taking them so long to put out the ending?
    Because, as I've mentioned above, they apparently weren't happy with the fact that they had a regular episode length timeslot allotted to them on TV. So, since they couldn't pull off the ambitious finale in a timeslot that's less than 30 minutes long, they decided to postpone it indefinitely. The TV airing date being postponed indefinitely or being cancelled shouldn't affect the date of the final blu-ray volumes coming out into the market, though. As a result, any hopes of actually seeing the episode probably will only be satiated once the blu-rays are out. I haven't checked them myself but they're probably gonna be out in november or december. Which is an awful lot of time.

Last edited:
    Back