• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Kekkai Sensen [LAST EPISODE AIR DATE OCTOBER 3]

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

At least this time he's not kidnapped, nor in ends up in the hospital lol!

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I love this anime. I abso-fucking-lutely love it.

It is just so damn stylish. I've become a huge fan of Rie Matsumoto now. Was putting off Kyousougiga for a while now but after this, it definitely is up there in my to-watch list. She has directed that show too, after all. Anyway, leaving that aside for now -

For viewers looking for reasons to pick this up -

1) A very original setting.
    2) A main character who isn't overpowered or a total pussy. Neither of the extremes.
    3) Lovable characters.
    4) Super-stylish presentation.
    5) Each goddamn frame is brimming with life at all times. There are a lot of "blink and you miss it" moments in there. And not in the crappy kind found in series like Bakemonogatari. This actually has a lot more going on in any scene than you'd think - they just cram in a lot of details in a limited amount of time and space. Which is definitely good in my book. Again, this has to do with Rie Matsumoto's chaotically delicious direction more than anything else, I suppose.
    6) That soundtrack. Dayum. I wanna get the OST as soon as possible.
    7) Animation is more or less spot on. Characters art is almost always on-model. And off-model art is utilized very well (see Zapp's attack in the first episode).
    8) The openings and endings are very well done. The ending is one of best EDs I've seen, actually. Very playful and jolly and fun. <3
    9) The episodic nature of the series actually adds to the entertainment value of the entire package and works pretty well.
    10) And, despite what you'd think initially, there is something going on behind the scenes.

There, I just gave you 10 reasons for watching this stylish piece of awesomeness. Now get to watching it.

Episode 7 -

I was wondering when that cool looking motherfucker we see in the opening among flames with the spiky hair and red eyes would make an appearance for a looooooong time. I had been looking forward to his appearance and was kinda getting tired of waiting and was like, "it has been 7 episodes already, just fucking show up already!" (this is if you disregard his two seconds of appearance in the first episode and the OP/ED). Glad that episode 7 changed things.
    Spoiler:

btw...this may sound stupid but I just wanna confirm one thing? His sister is alive, right? Our MC's, I mean. She's just outside of Herusalem's Lot separated from her brother where they can't see each other, yeah? She's not dead, right? I mean, I just wanna confirm it. :p

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    btw...this may sound stupid but I just wanna confirm one thing? His sister is alive, right? Our MC's, I mean. She's just outside of Herusalem's Lot separated from her brother where they can't see each other, yeah? She's not dead, right? I mean, I just wanna confirm it. :p

(Just a theory, not really spoilerish, but I don't want anyone who didn't watch up to episode 7 to see something unnecessary)
    Spoiler:

Hopefully we will know soon enough.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Wow.

Spoiler:

On topic: I didn't know, but it's been a while (2011!!!) since Dark Horse Comics licensed the manga :O. So far there are 7 out of 10 tankobon translated. If we're lucky the rest will be translated faster now the anime is airing.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Spoiler:

Omg
    Spoiler:

I love this show. I'm so gonna get those Tankobon.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm just now getting to catch up on this ;_;
    Just finished episode 7 and omg, Enter King of Depravity. Finally <3

Spoiler: Episode 7 spoilers
    I kind of had a feeling it was Black, but I didn't assume anything. They looks pretty similar, I honestly thought it might be another one of their siblings, but I guess not!

I have a feeling that the whole "what the hell happened in New York" will never be explained fully. Unless it has something to do with The King of Depravity, who knows! Maybe that will be what the end of this season will be- or maybe even the movie(I remember SOMEONE telling me there's going to be a movie...)

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Woah.
    Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I really like this series. Derozio already numbered off plenty of reasons why more folks should be watching this. It's very "blink or you'll miss it" with its flashiness and chaotic flow of story. I like the world created where it's anything goes--consisting of humans, superhumans, paranormal creatures, aliens, demons, and vampires. I'm devastated that this will only run for 12 episodes. There's so much potential with the fighting/blood-based techniques and their masters, the dozen demon kings, the beings that granted Leo his eyes and Blank his alter ego. I'm glad the story does not focus on capturing vampires too much (i.e. monster of the week) because that gets old fast. I can appreciate the episodes that build characters and highlight Libra's other efforts (Klaus in the chess episode and boxing match episode and also Zapp recently). I love the inclusion of the anime-original characters Black and White serving as a foil to Leonardo and Michela.

Oh but the crazy pink hair girl, Aligura, would have to be my favorite. B)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    . I love the inclusion of the anime-original characters Black and White serving as a foil to Leonardo and Michela.

Wait, what. Anime original? Have you read the manga? WHERE WERE YOU THE WHOLE TIME WE WERE ASKING ABOUT THIS!???

;___;

Tell us more, is it worth it?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Okay, oh my god.

10;
    Spoiler:

This show is seriously so good. Also, looks like next week will be a recap episode. That's weird, they usually don't do that for 12 episode shows.

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Gdi, I was gunna say. Why recap for a season thats under 20-something episodes? ;_;

Also, I got surprised a little with the timing of it.. sort of. I originally thought it would have been this episode, but 90% of it was goofing around (so I assumed it would be saved for the episode after). Suddenly White shows up and I'm just like "Welp"

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I hope they use next episode like a 10.5 or something, instead of being an actual episode... or I will get mad... And nobody wants a Mad Ken-chan.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    It was considered episode 10.5, which I don't mind, but NOW I CAN'T WAIT I NEED EPISODE 11 BONES WHY YOU DO THIS.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Nice 9 episode recap, just what i want from an anime with 12 episodes in the season, I suppose so much random garbage happens they have to remind me you of the actual plot.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Brilliant. The Shakespeare references played well.
    I almost cried at the end. I don't know if my body is ready for the ending.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Looks like Kekkai Sensen is a bigger hit than many of us imagined it would be. For reference, Kill la Kill, a pretty popular title, sold close to 9K per volume.

Blu-ray
    *1. 12,171 12,171 Kekkai Sensen Vol.1
    *2. *5,796 *5,796 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Vol.4
    *3. *5,683 *5,683 Hibike! Euphonium Vol.1
    *4. *3,862 *3,862 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san F Limited Edition
    *5. *2,597 *2,597 Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Vol.6
    *6. *2,260 *2,260 Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Vol.4
    *7. *1,059 *1,059 Rolling Girls Vol.4
    *8. **,923 **,923 Death Parade Blu-ray BOX Limited Edition
    *9. **,828 **,828 Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Movie: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday♪
    10. **,824 **,824 Yes! Precure 5 Movie: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken!
    11. **,764 **,764 Fresh Precure! Movie: Omocha no Kuni wa Himitsu ga Ippai!?
    12. **,592 **,592 Re-Kan! Vol.0
    13. **,568 **,568 Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD Vol.4
    14. **,453 **,453 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Vol.2
    15. **,409 *8,968 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune Regular Edition
    16. **,372 62,067 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.1
    (cut-off 372)

DVD
    *1. 4,784 *4,784 Kekkai Sensen Vol.1
    *2. 3,922 *3,922 Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Vol.4
    *3. 3,001 *3,001 Diamond no Ace Vol.11
    *4. 2,342 *2,342 Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Vol.6
    *5. *,872 **,872 Hibike! Euphonium Vol.1
    *6. *,793 **,793 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Vol.4
    *7. *,714 80,482 Stand By Me Doraemon Limited Edition
    *8. *,556 *9,482 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune Regular Edition
    *9. *,507 11,437 Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Vol.2
    10. *,454 34,875 Tonari no Totoro
    11. *,335 23,367 Omoide no Marnie
    12. *,317 19,754 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.1
    13. *,276 *2,903 Aikatsu! Movie Deluxe Edition
    14. *,254 **,254 Kurumiwari Ningyou
    15. *,248 **,248 Re-Kan! Vol.0
    16. *,243 **,243 Sengoku Musou Vol.4 Limited Edition
    17. *,241 18,188 Youkai Watch DVD-BOX 2
    18. *,236 17,774 Majo no Takkyuubin
    19. *,166 **,166 Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Vol.12
    20. *,164 *1,576 Aikatsu! Movie Regular Edition
    (cut-off 164)

sauce

That's just kick-ass. While not quite up there among the heavyweights like Attack on Titan, Kuroko's Basket, Free! or Madoka, it is still an amazing number right there. Only plain otakubait like Infinite Stratos and Idol series manage to sell that high apart from super mainstream stuff. :p A great achievement, I say.

And this anime totally deserves it. A crazy mix of stylish action, comedy and so much craziness. I love it to bits. <3

And @ep #11 - did that really happen at the end? ;_______;

Back