• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your signature Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    See, I think I most often tend toward Latias or Jirachi, but that's kind of a problem - I don't know that I feel a signature Pokemon should be a Legendary, given that were we to actually be in that world very few people would ever even see most legendary species.

If I were to try to choose one that isn't a legendary, things get a little tougher. I naturally gravitate toward a couple species and types, most prominently the Steel and Ice types. I also gravitate heavily toward Johto and Hoenn in general. If you would have asked me at a certain time years ago, I'd have said Scizor, hands down.

Overall, I'm going to pull a surprise and say Mawile! I've always found its design and typing to be really interesting, and I'm glad it got a bit of a buff with a Mega Evolution that makes it really useful.

Years
  • Well, because of my name, you'd probably think "Oh pshh, his ace will TOTALLY be Gliscor." Well sorry to burst your bubble, but you couldn't be any more wrong.

Well then, what could my signature Pokemon be...?

it's ya boi typhlosion ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    157.png

Anyway, Typhlosion is my signature Pokemon because he's the first starter I ever used in the main series. It was Pokemon SoulSilver. I nicknamed him Vulcan,
    completed SoulSilver, then transferred it from SoulSilver to White, White to X, X to Alpha Sapphire, and Alpha Sapphire to Sun.
    I always try to have one on my team in a playthrough, be it by trading from another game or catching it somehow *cough* sun/moon qr codes *cough,* but if I can't find a way to get it
    on my main story team, I always find away to get it post-game so I can use it in any battle facility, be it the Battle Maison, Battle Frontier, Battle Tree, etc.
    Also, a lot of people don't know this, but Typhlosion actually has the exact same base stats as CHARIZARD. Yes, you read that right. Don't believe me? Go ahead, look it up. I'll wait.

But seriously, Typhlosion is in my opinion the best starter, and my all-time favorite Pokemon. It's AWESOME. Plus, it can annihilate full teams with Choice Scarf Eruption. I'd know, since
    I would always demolish my friends in link battles with that Typhlosion set.
    And nothing has changed, since I continue to demolish team after team with Vulcan. I also recently hatched a shiny Cyndaquil that I nicknamed Kazan (Japanese for Volcano), and
    evolved it into another Typhlosion. It's hard to choose between Vulcan and Kazan though, so I use Kazan for one battle and Vulcan the next.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Aside from Zapdos (my absolute fave), I really don't know what Pokémon I should associate with myself. Maybe Flaaffy/Ampharos or Shedinja, two Pokémon I almost always wanna use when available. Flaaffy over Ampharos because I love Flaaffy more, but Ampharos gets ThunderPunch. As for Shedinja, I prefer to have Ninjask with it, too. Agh, jury's still out. If anyone could tell me that'd be nice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I think my signature pokémon would be Feraligatr since I only used her when I played Gold for the first time, and I liked her green skin from old generations. However I don't have a poké that I use always, probably Totodile and its evolutions.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My signature Pokemon is of course Lilligant, the Flowering Pokemon. I always use when available and I am not doing a challenge that prohibits it.

My favourite Shiny is Jessica the Shiny Jolly Lilligant which I caught as an adorable Petilil in Alpha Sapphire and I import to Alola and have made sure she has got many ribbons including all three Champion Region ribbons and she is the only Pokemon who I obtained the expensive Gorgeous Royal Ribbon.

Jessica is also my Contest Pokemon and if I was in the Pokemon World I would use Lilligant as my contest Pokemon and whilst I would rarely battle I would enter many contests.

In my Ultra Sun Monotype a very naughty and heroic Lilligant was the star of my team. She managed to turn around a battle I had no rught to win against Kahili, defeated several powerful Legendary Pokemon owned by Team Rainbow Rocket culminating in sweeping Giovanni's whole team including a fearsome Mewtwo X. I imagine even the Rocket Boss was impressed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pikachu! But did you really expect me to say any other Pokemon? ;)

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd have to go with either Beautifly or Gardevoir. (Yes I know, not Ninetales.)

Beautifly has always been one of my favourite pokemon, i love it's design, it's cuteness, and well, everything about it. I've always been a fan of butterflies so perhaps that's why I like it so much. I have a Beautifly on both my Pokemon Pearl, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire teams and I think it's truly an underrated pokemon.

Sure, it may not have the highest base stats ever, but it can be useful in battle. For instance, Juliana, my Beautifly in Pokemon Pearl, took out Cynthia's Milotic, Gastrodon, AND Spiritomb. if that doesn't say something, Idk what does!

Gardevoir is another one of my favourites, she's beautiful, and I love Psyschic types and Fairy types.
    She totally packs a punch and is a Special attack beast. She's been a useful member to my Alpha Sapphire, and Pokemon Platnium teams, and has proven herself, again, and again.

Both Gardevoir and Beautifly are perfect for Pokemon Contests, and I compete in them with both pokemon often!

I have so much love for both of these two, which is why I would say they're my two signature Pokemon! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    Tbh this is something I wish I had. I've always wanted a pokémon like that, just like Ash has its Pikachu or how every person in the SuMo series has their own pokémon always out of the ball which btw, they totally should've done that in SuMo and Ultra >.>
    But I can't seem to choose, I always have at least the following 3 with me:
    Absol, Gardevoir, Mawile ... Gen 3 was kind of my fav thing and had most of my favorite pokémon and these 3 have been with me since emerald.
    It's rather easy to drop it to 2 pokémon, I'd definitely be able to drop Mawile but I can't choose between Absol and Gardevoir.
    Never understood how a person can near something down to a single thing :/

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not counting my #1 favorite, Flareon

Any of the Eeveelutions will do, every team of mine has to have one, or all 9
    Flareon and Espeon are my main picks (in many forums are my two sonas as well) and usually are always in my team

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mine has got to be my Decidueye from Moon. I generally like grass starters, but I like Decidueye's grass/ghost type combo. Also, I think it's Z-move looks really amazing. In my opinion, it's design is perfect. It has a green hood thing going on and I wear a green hood irl so ... perfect match I guess.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2020
    Jolteon.

I started out with Yellow version so I've always liked the idea of an electric starter but Pikachu just doesn't do it for me. Jolteon, on the other hand, is the perfect mascot, he's fast, powerful, small and nimble with a simple yet cool and cute design. I wouldn't change anything about the little guy, he's just perfect to me and I've enjoyed using him in the games throughout every single region. Plus, he gets bonus points in my eyes for being a gen 1 original.

Back