• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    what pokemon from previous generations are in x and y.How many is the answer i want.Also are there pokemon that can only be gotten by trading from previous generations ie are there pokemon in x and y that are from previous generations that are only gained from trading with previous generation games

X and Y only brought in 70 or so new Pokemon and there are over 450 available Pokemon in the game. So over 300 Pokemon are from previous generations. Some can only be caught in the post game Friend Safari.

http://serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml Unobtainable Pokemon list

http://serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml Version Exclusive List

http://serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml Friend Safari List.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • what pokemon from previous generations are in x and y.How many is the answer i want.Also are there pokemon that can only be gotten by trading from previous generations ie are there pokemon in x and y that are from previous generations that are only gained from trading with previous generation games

In the Kalos Dex, 385 Pokemon from past games are available. 119 more older Pokemon will be available post-National Dex in the Friend Safari.

Edit: Greninja'd (to an extent)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Do I need the friend to be online when shiny hunting in their friend safari?
    3/3 of my shines I found in a friends safari when they was online, but I've been attempting offline friends now for a week, 2/3 hours each day I get nothing.
    Is this bad luck, or did I discover something?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Do I need the friend to be online when shiny hunting in their friend safari?
    3/3 of my shines I found in a friends safari when they was online, but I've been attempting offline friends now for a week, 2/3 hours each day I get nothing.
    Is this bad luck, or did I discover something?

The only Shiny I found in the Friend Safari was while I had no internet access so no they don't have to be online.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Where can I find Sycamore post-game? I seem to have skimmed through Shauna's dialogue without paying further attention after receiving her Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2015
    Cloning of Pokemon

Is there a way to find out if someone is trading me a cloned pokemon? Just found out from my friend that he has been cloning pokemon to trade away. I know that cloned pokemon are considered legit since it is an exact copy of the original. However, I find such a method despicable and is a method for downright losers who do not appreciate the game at all (an irony that he calls himself a pokemon fan). I hope to spread this to everyone so that you do not trade your hard-bred pokemon for some cloned ones.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    there's a new post on serebii main page, and on this image...
    http://serebii.net/corocoro1142.jpg
    the screenshot, bottom-right, is that Flannery from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

I doubt it. There's a slight resemblance, but I think I recognise her from X and Y (although I can't work out who she is). And the caption is talking about Kyurem and Genesect, so I'd be surprised if that was Flannery.

If you mean the Pink haired person in the game image, that's a Punk Girl overworld sprite

The sugi art...I'd say not Flannery.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ok I want to transfer my pokes from 5th to 6th when the pokebank comes out, is that going to be possible from the B / W2 Jap. games?

It's definitely possible. However, you'll need to use the Poke Transporter 3DS app, so that means playing the Japanese games on your 3DS. So you'll need a Japanese 3DS to be able to do it!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, the release of the PokeBank and PokeTransporter is about 2 weeks away. I remember hearing that you can't transfer hacked Pokémon from Gen 5 to Gen 6. And what consititutes a hacked Pokémon isn't entirely clear.

You see, I have some Pokémon on my Black 2 that I wanna transfer to X/Y that...aren't completely legit. Don't look at me like that. I have a few Pokémon that were created via PokeGen or Pokesav or whatever the hell people used. They were made on a Gen 4 game, then sent to Gen 5 and traded to me (except for a Hydreigon). Then I have a few Pokémon who's IVs I altered, like my Zekrom and Lapras. And then there's that shiny Charizard I have that wasn't a totally legit shiny.

So...would these guys be able to make it to my Y version? It's not like they're those crazy hacked Pokémon with 999 stats in Cherish Balls. It's not like I'm sending up Pokémon with abilities or moves they shouldn't have or legendaries caught on Route 1. But I'm still worried that they might not make it. And I'd be a little sad if my Zekrom can't join me in Y.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    there's a new post on serebii main page, and on this image...
    http://serebii.net/corocoro1142.jpg
    the screenshot, bottom-right, is that Flannery from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald?

That's just a regular punk girl NPC from XY. For those who are wondering, the Sugimori artwork is Brigette from Pokemon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, it's mentioned in the Serebii update.

Edit: My bad, this was already answered

Years
  • So I'm not sure if this is a normal thing, but I was doing some EV Training through horde battles, and after the battle a comment popped up saying "Vash found a thunderstone" or something like that. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Help Understanding The Destiny Knot.

Hi All

I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole IV breeding with the Destiny Knot but there seems to be alot of conflicting information out there so can somebody set it straight.

1. Does the Destiny Knot transfer IV's from both parents or just the one holding it?
    2. Does the Destiny Knot have a better chance in giving the baby a perfect IV in a stat if both Parents have the Perfect IV in the same stat?
    3. Do Power Items i.e Power Bracer, Power Band etc work if one parent holds the Power Item and the other holds the Destiny Knot?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I'm not sure if this is a normal thing, but I was doing some EV Training through horde battles, and after the battle a comment popped up saying "Vash found a thunderstone" or something like that. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

yep, I found a Mental Herb on route 5 after battle. Basically in some battles there is an object in the background that you can interact with via an attack. In my case, a particular bush or tree was in the back ground and when I used Razor Leaf in battle, I got the Mental Herb from that object.

Here's a list: http://serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back