• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello, is there a way to hatch basic evolution of pokemon instead of their pre-evolutions? For example: Hatching Jigglypuffs instead of Igglybuffs. Thank you for your time :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hello, is there a way to hatch basic evolution of pokemon instead of their pre-evolutions? For example: Hatching Jigglypuffs instead of Igglybuffs. Thank you for your time :)

Only if the baby Pokemon requires an incense (e.g. you get Munchlax by breeding Snorlax with Full Incense, but you get Snorlax without the incense)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hello, is there a way to hatch basic evolution of pokemon instead of their pre-evolutions? For example: Hatching Jigglypuffs instead of Igglybuffs. Thank you for your time :)

To add to the above, you can't hatch Jigglypuff instead of Igglybuff. Igglybuff is the one that hatches, as there are no corresponding incenses for the Igglybuff line.

Years
  • Only if the baby Pokemon requires an incense (e.g. you get Munchlax by breeding Snorlax with Full Incense, but you get Snorlax without the incense)

Ah, ok. I'll go look up which ones that will be.

To add to the above, you can't hatch Jigglypuff instead of Igglybuff. Igglybuff is the one that hatches, as there are no corresponding incenses for the Igglybuff line.

Man, looks like it will take a bit more time to IV breed certain pokemon. XD

Thank you both for replying!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    So, here's an interesting something for you guys:

Where is a good place that I could evolve Sliggo into a Goodra?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Try the restaurants in Lumiose City. You'll be able to gain bunch of experience from battling there and level-up your Pokémon quickly. Not only that, but you'd also have the chance to make a lot of cash by selling all the mushrooms that you earn from there. If you like, you may try training in Victory Road, too, as well as Battle Chateau and Pokémon League. (:

Years
  • Try the restaurants in Lumiose City. You'll be able to gain bunch of experience from battling there and level-up your Pokémon quickly. Not only that, but you'd also have the chance to make a lot of cash by selling all the mushrooms that you earn from there. If you like, you may try training in Victory Road, too, as well as Battle Chateau and Pokémon League. (:

If I remember right, Sliggoo needs to level up (at least Level 50 or higher) in a rainy area to evolve into Goodra. Routes 8, 14 and 21 are the ones I've heard of according to Bulbapedia. Just remember there needs to be rain in the overworld.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Maybe it's not the place you should be asking about, but the time. The overworld rain on each particular route appears at set times of day for each day of the week. In particular, i know for a fact that if you set your 3DS time/date for Monday at 12:00 (midday), it will be raining on Route 14.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    IS it possible to trade to yourself? I just got Pokemon X and I was wondering if I could put a particular pokemon up for trade on Y GTS and then go onto the GTS on X and then (after going through the long list!) eventually find myself in the Y game and trade to myself OR since they are both tied to the same 3DS and/or GL account, would I be prevented from finding myself between the game cards and trading with myself?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    IS it possible to trade to yourself? I just got Pokemon X and I was wondering if I could put a particular pokemon up for trade on Y GTS and then go onto the GTS on X and then (after going through the long list!) eventually find myself in the Y game and trade to myself OR since they are both tied to the same 3DS and/or GL account, would I be prevented from finding myself between the game cards and trading with myself?

That might in theory work (although to be honest i'm not even certain it would), but i wouldn't risk it, as someone else could snap it up before you have the chance to complete the trade. I would just wait for Pokemon Bank to be released at the end of December.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    That might in theory work (although to be honest i'm not even certain it would), but i wouldn't risk it, as someone else could snap it up before you have the chance to complete the trade. I would just wait for Pokemon Bank to be released at the end of December.

Well it wouldn't be a risk so much as I would be offering a Scatterbug (for example) from Y in order to get my Xerneas from X, so in the mean time if someone else traded me a Xerneas for the same Scatterbug I wouldn't be too heartbroken, lol! But yeah, I would only be offering pokemon I didn't want on the trade until I could complete the trade on the other game, if that were even possible.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well it wouldn't be a risk so much as I would be offering a Scatterbug (for example) from Y in order to get my Xerneas from X, so in the mean time if someone else traded me a Xerneas for the same Scatterbug I wouldn't be too heartbroken, lol! But yeah, I would only be offering pokemon I didn't want on the trade until I could complete the trade on the other game, if that were even possible.

I'd just wait till PokeBank (which is about 2 weeks away at this point). less complicated that way. And those lists on the GTS can get really long.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Haha, fair enough. It's worth a try then, let us know if it works.

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
    Years
  • Not able to Game Sync?

Hey guys, I am wondering if there is any news, which I may have missed, that explains why I can't game sync (to add my pokemiles to pokemon-gl) as whenever I save it won't let me do so.

...and before anyone says "Is your internet on" yes, of course it is, I am getting pokemiles via wonder trade/gts trades, so I know I am online :P

I know the rating battles were unavailable, but I haven't read anything anywhere about syncing pokemiles/stuff off of pokemile shop on pokemon-gl.

Thanks
    Jordan

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    is there a way to copy the vs recorder videos off the sd card to my computer?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hey guys, I am wondering if there is any news, which I may have missed, that explains why I can't game sync (to add my pokemiles to pokemon-gl) as whenever I save it won't let me do so.

...and before anyone says "Is your internet on" yes, of course it is, I am getting pokemiles via wonder trade/gts trades, so I know I am online :P

I know the rating battles were unavailable, but I haven't read anything anywhere about syncing pokemiles/stuff off of pokemile shop on pokemon-gl.

Thanks
    Jordan

It does that for me quite a lot (it succeeds in syncing maybe once in every 10 saves). I would advise you just keep trying. I've not heard any news about it. Sorry i can't be of more help.

What is Pokebank? I'm really confused. Is it just a Pokemon X and Y thing?

Yep. It's essentially online cloud storage for your Pokemon. It's particularly useful because you can download an additional software called Poke Transporter that transfers Pokemon from Black/White/Black 2/White 2 to the cloud, meaning you can transfer Pokemon from old generations to X and Y!

More info here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PokeBank

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    what pokemon from previous generations are in x and y.How many is the answer i want.Also are there pokemon that can only be gotten by trading from previous generations ie are there pokemon in x and y that are from previous generations that are only gained from trading with previous generation games

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back