• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Haha I think we should get a list of people participating (who are actually going to be the leaders) and then pick, as opposed to now.

@Antebellum: Yeah, that shakes it up, but it doesn't really make sense. Can you really imagine Brawly with a Manectric? Also, the hard part about Gym Leaders is that if your one or two Pokemon that match up well against them faint, the rest of the battle may be very difficult. With the type variety that most types have (Steel, Water, for example), it shouldn't be that hard

Yea that wasnt the best example but I think its possible to have the spirit of being a gym leader even with 3:3 mono, if you looked up old wifi leagues' videos you would probably see monotypey stuff like infernape and wormadam-s just alongside something like gyara to add challenge. Also as far as variety, steel and water are really the highest tier of that. No fire type is avoiding surf, and almost all the ghosts cant switch into shadow ball or crunch. I realize I'm on an island here, but I think a safety net might be necessary to preserve the authenticity of difficulty haha

Oh and id like to try out for elite, username is Antebellum, I prefer showdown but xy is cool too.

Also yea im cool with 1/2 wild card pokes

Last edited:

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
If you guys want to make things easier on the list, how about i get pms of the whole list with a deadline on it?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Who should be in charge of putting this list together? How should it be formatted? Is it first come, first serve? Should alternate gym types be available such as a sky battle gym, fossil gym, or something of the sorts? Could a gym be run by two separate people?

Again, I call flying type gym.

Oblivion Wing

Years
Well, if Spectrum wants, i can gather names as they come. But it needs to be discussed the gym types. Qualifications for the gyms as well. Another big one is, what happens if the trainer looses, how long does he/she have til next challenge? So on and so forth...

Would like to be ghost gym leader :)

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
Years
SO PLEASE - if you'd like to participate in the tournaments for placing as a leader, Elite, or Champion of the league - post in the thread saying so, with your PC username, wether you'll be competing on X/Y or on Showdown, and when you are available to do so! Let's make it happen! ^^

TGM, I'll be on X/Y, I should be available anytime this weekend

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
SO PLEASE - if you'd like to participate in the tournaments for placing as a leader, Elite, or Champion of the league - post in the thread saying so, with your PC username, wether you'll be competing on X/Y or on Showdown, and when you are available to do so! Let's make it happen! ^^

Do Teejee and I still have to do this? We kinda battled for the water spot already. But if not then consider me signed up for this officially:

Username: Blueboi22...duh
IGN: Bryce

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Who should be in charge of putting this list together? How should it be formatted? Is it first come, first serve? Should alternate gym types be available such as a sky battle gym, fossil gym, or something of the sorts? Could a gym be run by two separate people?

Again, I call flying type gym.
This league hasn't even started yet and I owe somebody a badge XD
Well, if Spectrum wants, i can gather names as they come. But it needs to be discussed the gym types. Qualifications for the gyms as well. Another big one is, what happens if the trainer looses, how long does he/she have til next challenge? So on and so forth...

Would like to be ghost gym leader :)

n5rcjl.jpg

Hahah but really, lets wait til we know who gets to be leaders, eh? :P I have put a list together, right >>here<< in the 4th post of this thread. Beast I could do since Adam still technically started the thread. Wish he was allowed on the computer more. :1

Blue and Teejee - do you guys wanna count that match? It was for the noble right of water gym, but it also didn't have you face off against any of the other potential gym leaders. :I And didn't you decide singles / doubles? Or something? We may not be able to do that now though, since we're already splitting it into Showdown and X/Y... So if you wanna just count it as your match alone, I guess? But that still leaves your matches with everyone else. And sharing the gym may not be an option with how thin we're already spreading everyone on this.

Anwho on what else you brought up, how does everyone feel about specialty gyms? I think we could kinda vote it yay or neigh by committee, since if no one has a problem with it, no one has a problem with it. :J And no badges yet plz. We haven't even set it up haha. I think a good wait time for challengers between challenges, is at least 24 hours. S'what I think. Anybody think a longer or shorter time is more appropriate?

Last edited:

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
My Showdown username is lugialord, btw. I'm available a lot as it's summer right now.

How long are signups going to run for? And for leaders to claim types, maybe (after all the leaders have been selected) each submits a list of, say, 3 types they'd like, and we can go from there? Obviously, we can't have everyone vying to be types like Dragon and Water, though.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Putting your 3DS FC and IGN beneath your username on all your posts by using your profile could be helpful, or your Showdown name and stuff in your sigs. But um. On time frame; as long as we know which people are gonna be in it, I suppose we can start battling right now. Of course, until we've had at least one match between each potential candidate we can't start naming leaders - so we'll have to put an end date on it too.

For now though, any two candidates for league spots who plan to be in the same platform as one another can start battling - but make sure you save it, or - whatever showdown has, and have both participants post the result.

Dude, we really need someone who knows their Showdown stuff. :I I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about Showdown, seriously. Someone pls. Halp.

It might be worth telling ultraviolence that theres a showdown option now

I'll PM him - he'll be in on it for Showdown for certain, right?

Years
Putting your 3DS FC and IGN beneath your username on all your posts by using your profile could be helpful, or your Showdown name and stuff in your sigs. But um. On time frame; as long as we know which people are gonna be in it, I suppose we can start battling right now. Of course, until we've had at least one match between each potential candidate we can't start naming leaders - so we'll have to put an end date on it too.

For now though, any two candidates for league spots who plan to be in the same platform as one another can start battling - but make sure you save it, or - whatever showdown has, and have both participants post the result.

Dude, we really need someone who knows their Showdown stuff. :I I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about Showdown, seriously. Someone pls. Halp.

I'll PM him - he'll be in on it for Showdown for certain, right?

Not sure but its worth a try. Showdown has replays like the games too though, so we can save those.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Not sure but its worth a try. Showdown has replays like the games too though, so we can save those.

I just PM'd em - hopefully he's still interested. :P

Well when are we having sign ups??

I think a elite 4 would be awesome for PC!

Right here mate, what platform do you want to play on?

Polar Spectrum

Years
Nice, alright added you to the list. I'm gonna give this some more time to air, possibly pick up a few more people. Maybe some of those people that voted yes in the poll - but haven't posted. :P

(Bumped up here to hopefully make it more visible to people who don't sort through the pages)

Registered participants for league qualifier tourney:

Antebellum (Showdown, possible X/Y)
Polar Spectrum (X/Y)
TGM (X/Y)
Zekrom (Showdown, possible X/Y)
BlueBoi22 (X/Y, possible Showdown)
BadPokemon (Showdown)
Srinator (Showdown)
Euphoric (Showdown)
Ferraligator (X/Y)
Charizard Man (X/Y)
Adam Eternal (X/Y)
CycloneGU (X/Y)
Falkbalk (Showdown)

As it stands now, we have: 5, possibly 6 players competing on Showdown - and 7 potentially 9 on X/Y. This would de facto give all Showdown competitors listed above a spot in the league, and keep only two contender(s) on X/Y from placing as a leader or elite / champ.

There I fixed the 'o' haha.

Qualifier Matchups
---------------------------------------------

~Showdown~

Antebellum vs Zekrom - N/A
Antebellum vs Blueboi - N/A
Antebellum vs Srinator - N/A
Antebellum vs Euphoric - N/A
Antebellum vs Bad Pokemon - N/A
Antebellum vs Falkbalk - N/A
Zekrom vs Blueboi - N/A
Zekrom vs Srinator - N/A
Zekrom vs Euphoric - N/A
Zekrom vs Bad Pokemon - N/A
Zekrom vs Falkbalk - N/A
Blueboi vs Srinator - N/A
Blueboi vs Euphoric - N/A
Blueboi vs Bad Pokemon - N/A
Blueboi vs Falkbalk - N/A
Srinator vs Euphoric - N/A
Srinator vs Bad Pokemon - N/A
Srinator vs Falkbalk - N/A
Euphoric vs Bad Pokemon - N/A
Euphoric vs Falkbalk - N/A
Bad Pokemon vs Falkbalk - N/A

~X/Y~

Antebellum vs Polar Spectrum - N/A
Antebellum vs TGM - N/A
Antebellum vs Zekrom - N/A
Antebellum vs Blueboi - N/A
Antebellum vs Ferraligator - N/A
Antebellum vs Charizard Man - N/A
Antebellum vs Adam Eternal - N/A
Antebellum vs CycloneGU - N/A
Polar Spectrum vs TGM - Polar Spectrum
Polar Spectrum vs Zekrom - Zekrom
Polar Spectrum vs Blueboi - Polar Spectrum
Polar Spectrum vs Ferraligator - Polar Spectrum
Polar Spectrum vs Charizard Man - Charizard Man
Polar Spectrum vs Adam Eternal - Polar Spectrum
Polar Spectrum vs CycloneGU - N/A
TGM vs Zekrom - Zekrom
TGM vs Blueboi - TGM
TGM vs Ferraligator - TGM
TGM vs Charizard Man - Charizard Man
TGM vs Adam Eternal - TGM
TGM vs Cyclone GU - N/A
Zekrom vs Blueboi - N/A
Zekrom vs Ferraligator - N/A
Zekrom vs Charizard Man - N/A
Zekrom vs Adam Eternal - N/A
Zekrom vs CycloneGU - N/A
Blueboi vs Ferraligator - Blueboi
Blueboi vs Charizard Man - N/A
Blueboi vs Adam Eternal - N/A
Blueboi vs CycloneGU - N/A
Ferraligator vs Charizard Man - Charizard Man
Ferraligator vs Adam Eternal - N/A
Ferraligator vs CycloneGU- N/A
Charizard Man vs Adam Eternal - N/A
Charizard Man vs Cyclone GU - N/A
Adam Eternal vs Cyclone GU - N/A

It's NOT too late to join! Post if you want to sign up!

Last edited:

Oblivion Wing

Years
Nice, alright added you to the list. I'm gonna give this some more time to air, possibly pick up a few more people. Maybe some of those people that voted yes in the poll - but haven't posted. :P

Awesome thanks!!! By the way it's ferraligator with an O!! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back