• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.digi//TAMED [R-15] (OOC & Signup)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Finished!

Human

Name: Anna Hale

Appearance: Anna stands at 5'3" and to the faraway eye seems slightly smaller due to the fact that she barely looks at something directly. Her frame at first glance seems slightly frail, limbs slightly bony and skin a light brown. However, she is a former track and field athlete and still runs. She doesn't do this because she enjoys it, but because she doesn't enjoy being home. Her hair is a darker shade, honey brown and thin, wavy strands covering her ears and spilling over her collarbone. Anne has heterochromia, one eye forest green and the other bright blue. Her teeth are crooked and set in invisalign braces, not that she smiles much with her teeth anyway.

Due to Anna's quiet disregard of trends, her style is rather muted. She wears a blue t-shirt with a frill pattern going diagonally down the left side to the right. Her pants are loose blue skinny jeans that trail over her ankles. Anna wears plain white payless shoes a size too large that only stay on her feet due to the black laces. These clothes hug her body almost dangerous, everything else she wears being slightly small on her. Anna doesn't mind too much. She can still breathe.

Personality: Anna is at first glance, rather mellow. Her expression doesn't change often from the small, distant smile she enjoys employing at the best and worst of times. Her speech is very strange, pauses before she speaks and sometimes in the middle, as if she's lost her train of thought. It's also very light and subtle. A great deal of things about Anna are muted, almost painfully so. She makes the word average seem like an understatement. It's hard for her to speak up loudly at times but she makes up for it with what she says.

Anna is, despite her eased nature, oddly stubborn when it comes to her decisions. If she decides to do something, consider it already completed. She has a bad habit of getting tunnel vision, such as when helping someone, she may not notice it will be a hindrance more than anything else. She also has the habit of not explaining something she's doing until after she's already halfway involved in it. She keeps her own counsel even with Plotmon around. Anna is very afraid of being left behind but due to her inability to speak up with herself over others, she doesn't make it obvious.

Anna is rather uninterested in video games but her brother gave her Tamer, hoping to get her into new things, a task more difficult than pulling teeth at times. She's an avid reader but rather slow at the task compared to likely everyone else. Even if she catches on fast, it's unlikely Anna will comment, making her appear dull-witted. Then again, actions speak louder than words at time.

Digivice Colors: Amethyst and Baby-Blue

Crest: Hope

In-Game Avatar

Name: Ven

Appearance: As Ven, she kept her height and thin frame yet made one simple change: her form is male. Why? She wants a different impression. Ven is a character who is meant to inspire confidence in those around him, even if it wasn't towards him personally. So the long brown locks are changed short and deep blue with his Digivice clipped to his belt. His skin is darkly tanned and Ven's dark grey eyes are slightly wider than normal, making him appear younger than he may be. Ven isn't particularly muscular even now but due to the actions Ven takes, it causes many to think twice.

In terms of outfits, she didn't pick this. Her brother did. The man was as big a game player as most his age after all He designed it to make Ven as much of a contradiction as possible. So Ven looks rather childish in a black vest over a thin blue sweater and dark blue khakis. Around his neck is an amethyst sun pendant. Matching the black belt around his baggy pants are black sneakers also undecorated. Anna didn't comment on it.

Digimon partner

Nickname: Dai

Personality: Dai is rather cheerful and outgoing for a Digimon stuck in the breathing space of someone like his partner. But that's how it is. Dai is the childlike little sibling with a straightforward sense of right and wrong and an inability to lie or for that matter say things quietly. Dai is almost obnoxious in his curiosity, sniffing at people and places he really shouldn't. However as long as Ven forgives him for it Dai will take any punishment.

Dai and Ven share a relationship of envy towards one another. Ven desires that sort of outspoken behavior that Dai simply oozes at any given moment of the day while Dai wishes he didn't have to shout so much to get someone to look at him. The fact that the lack of these abilities for each of them helps them complement each other goes unspoken.

Digivolution Chain:

Baby: Puttimon

Intraining: Cupimon

Rookie: Plotmon

Champion: Tailmon

Ultimate: WereGarurumon

Mega: Holydramon

RP Sample:

The wind was disturbingly crisp, the chill of early spring settling into Ven's bones underneath the clothes. Real... this place was real... and he was trapped here. As Anna, he was used to the extra weight of a chest. Without him, movement was slightly awkward and he found himself tripping a little as he walked. There was a quiet set of thumps behind him as a white puppy scrambled after him, large paws pushing him in front of the taller but non-threatening boy. Dai beamed at Ven, who nodded rather dispassionately, a little turn of the lips in return.

"Hey Ven, hey, hey Ven," chirped the white creature, spinning in place and running ahead again. "Where are we going? Tell me, where? I want to know I can't wait to know! Tell me please!"

Ven made a pause, a normal occurrence for him in real life. "... I thought you knew that Dai..."

Dai frowned for the briefest of instants. "Of course I don't!" he announced with pride. "I only know I am supposed to be here, yes right here with you and always with you is where I belong. I don't know much else because it didn't matter until now and now that it does we must figure it out! Or Ven needs to because Ven is very smart." The babble made Ven smile a tiny bit more. He wasn't trying to be cool or encourage more affection than there already was from the pup. Praise was its own reward it seemed.

"... I suppose we need to figure it out soon then..." Ven commented thoughtfully.

Dai's stub of a tail wagged so similar to her old dog Beanie that Anna's non-beating heart ached. "You mean we get to go on an adventure? Oh do we? Let's go, let's go right, right now! Don't wait Ven, don't wait! Adventure Time!" The Plotmon, without any regard for danger, sanity, or possibly even Ven or Dai themselves, ran up through the trees and into the deeper areas of foliage. Anna-Ven- shook his head and started to move forward after him.

This was a game, a simple fun game. At least that had been the idea. Maybe it really wasn't. Maybe it was dangerous. And maybe Anna Hale was nothing more than another statistic in a world of unorganized crime attempting to be stamped out by the wrong people. Whatever the case, this was Ven, and Ven had a mission. And Anna would not stop until it was completed, whatever that mission would be.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years

Human

Real World

Name:
    Lillian Blackstar

Appearance:
    Lillian is a very gorgeous young lady if you could say so, being the spitting image of her mother at her age, but with her father's hair color. She has silver to gray hair which she keeps into two pigtails, but leaving a bit of hair on the side of her forehead and in front. Her smooth hair is only matched by her beautiful eyes that are a very deep waterish color, you could say it is a mixture of blue and gray. Her skin is at the edge between Caucasian light and pale and has no bruises or scars from her treatment.

She usually wears what feels right at the time, her wardrobe ranging from tomboyish clothes to fashionable then girlish. But she normally wears
    a wheat/sandbank blouse which has a strange writing on the middle, but looks very fashionable. Over her blouse she chose a black jacket that has white sleeves. For the bottom part Lillian picked a black skirt that matches her jacket. To compensate the fact that the skirt is a little too short she put on a pair of long white stockings and a pair of black sneakers with white shoe laces.

Personality: Lillian
    is a very bold person which is not afraid to speak her mind and do what she thinks is best, despite being very well mannered and elegant. Due to this Lillian is always admired by her classmates and people around her to the extend that they follow her word, but as her personality is that fact doesn't really matter to her. She is the type of girl who doesn't give a dime on what others think and will always be herself. She is very smart, being at the top of her class, and is quick to react but that doesn't mean she doesn't get things wrong sometimes….she's not a smartass that's for sure. This is mostly due to the fact that she is very determined in what she does and doesn't stop until what she has on her mind is done.

One thing you will notice about Lillian is that she is honest in her feelings. Many people would think that this is a quality but in this case it just means that Lillian won't hold back when she's angry, stubborn or sad. Even if she looks fragile, she is very powerful and packs a punch which will make you see stars. So even if she is envied by some, mostly barbie dolls from her school which can'tfind Lillian's beauty a obstacle in their plan of becoming the popular ones in school , she isn't provoked as she can defend herself. All in all, in a few words, you could say Lillian is a mixture of bold with elegance, some drops of intelligence and determination and a sprinkle of power. Just your normal school girl who knows what she wants and tries to get it.

Digivice Colors:
    Black and Pink

Crest:
    Crest of Faith

In-Game Avatar

How her Avatar looks like:
    Spoiler:

Name: PoisonLily ( Lily for short )

Appearance:
    Lillian thought hard for what her avatar should look like. It took her a few hours before she could finally say that she was done. The final outcome matched her taste and was rather surprised of how Lily, her avatar turned out to be. The avatar she created looks a bit younger than her with a nice fitted body that would please any viewer, but only by three years, so the age of her avatar would be around 17. The female avatar has pink reddish hair color that is kept into a ponytail. Her hair style doesn't end here, as in front, on her left and right side she left some hair to fall down just under her neck. The color of her hair is matched only by her faded pink eyes.

Picking her attire was the most hardest thing to do for Lily as she couldn't chose from the many possibilities she had. Eventually her outfit consisted of a very strange yet beautiful piece of clothing. She has a leather dress that falls down to her feet and is opened in the front. On the sides of the lower dress there are some butterfly colored patterns and at the back a pair of butterfly wings spread down. The dress is kept tight by a belt at the waist and some other ones at her chest. Under the dress she has a mini skirt. On her arms she has a pair of detached leather sleeves that go up to her upper part of her arm. The color of her dress, mini skirt and sleeves are somehow a mixture of black and purple. Her long stocking and long boots that she has on her feet are black. The only thing left to say about Lily is that she has a butterfly hair pin on her left side of her hair and a leather collar that has a little butterfly in the front.

Digimon partner

Nickname:
    None

Personality: Palmon has a very easy-going and ditzy personality, somehow a bit opposite of her tamer. She is very cheerful and rarely seen without a smile. The plant digimon is also very caring, despite being a klutz half of the time, but nonetheless she always has good intentions. She and her tamer get along really well, despite Lily being bold and careful while Palmon easy-going and clumsy.

Digivolution Chain

Baby: Nyokimon
    In-Training: Tanemon
    Rookie: Palmon
    Champion: Togemon
    Ultimate: Lilimon
    Mega: Rosemon

PS: I know that the digimon line was used in the first series but seeing as nobody picked a plant type digimon and that there are few plant type digimon that look decent I picked Palmon

RP Sample: * This sample is from another digimon Rp I was in*

A freezing wind was blowing outside as Lily closed the window to her room. It was strange for this time of year to have such a low temperature as it was just autumn and not the middle of winter. Lily felt the cold on her own skin earlier that morning when she went to her rehearsals, as she went outside with her usual clothes. Let's just say that her skirt and jacket weren't enough for her to make it to the front gate so she went back in and changed. All day she was at the studio as she got home only half an hour ago only to eat and be off again. But this time the place she was going didn't involve any singing or work…just simply chatting and relaxing.

"Say Puroromon should I take this scarf or that one over there?" Lily asked the bee digimon who was staring with her in front of the mirror. She was holding a bright lavender colored scarf and the other one she referred to was a black one which was on her bed.

"Um the black one suits you…but the other one does too!!!" Puroromon said buzzing from one scar to the other as I made its remark. " Go with the one in your hand! It looks nice!" the bee digimon said after a thorough debate.

"Lavander it is then!" Lily said putting her scarf over her black coat. Under it she had a T shirt and a skirt. But even though she had so less underneath, her coat kept her warm. " All set!!! Where was the place again?" Lily asked as she finished putting her scarf.

" Some place named Crescent Café." Puroromon answered as she came to see Lily in her outfit. " You should become a model!!!" the bee digimon said being delighted with Lily's display.

"Singing's for me." she said putting a bit of perfume around her neck and scarf. " Now let's go. Ummm Xander sent me a message telling me that the D-touch had a feature for you to get in it and travel like that but it's your choice on how to go as you're still little and easy to hide……..for now." Lily ended as she knew now that digimon could digivolve into other forms.

"Well if that's the case let me enjoy my freedom a little bit longer. " Puroromon said then flew directly into Lily's coat and hid at her chest in a hidden pocket from where she could pop her head out from time to time to see what was outside.

"I'm heading out!!!" Lily shouted as she put on her shoes and went out the door. The gentle yet cold wind blew through her hair and touched her face. "If it's this cold then at least it should snow…." Lily said closing the front gate behind her. She hopped in a taxi she called earlier and made her way towards the café. When she got there she saw that no one had arrived yet and she was the first one so she sat down at a table and ordered a hot tea while she was going to wait for the rest to come.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I posted my finished SU. I may change the Writing Sample as it is mostly conversation and has little description.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Daaaaang... On second thought, cancel my reservation. I don't know if I'll have the time for this.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Alright, so I updated the first post with the crests that have been taken for sure. For those I haven't accepted yet, these are the reasons:

@The Final Watchman - You have a good sample, but can you be a little more descriptive with your character's avatar appearance, and make it less like his original appearance?

@Lincoln West - While I like the concept behind your character (the bald thing is amusing), I need some more description as to your character's original appearance. There will be a significance for your character's original form at some point, so I need more than the extreme basics.

@SkyisUmbreon - Regarding your sample... I find the format you're using very hard to follow. Paragraph form is what I'm looking for, so until I can see that you can write in a less... creative style, I can't accept you.

@First Snow - You told me you were rewriting your sample, so I'm waiting before I judge yours.

@romdinner - I want to accept you, but the crest you chose is taken. This is easy to fix by picking a different crest.

We have an odd gender balance for this RP. XD With what I've accepted thus far, we have one guy, two girls, one girl with a guy avatar, and one guy with a girl avatar. XD My first character is pretty much done aside from a description of the avatar, and I'll start my second soon.

zephyr.png

"Don't confuse friendship with convenience. I'm only still here because there's no other option right now."​

human
    Real World
    Name: Young Soo Kwon

Appearance:

Personality:
    Brought into lucky circumstances, Young Soo was born and raised into a rich Korean family that had made it big with a restaurant chain in North America. From childhood, he was pampered. He received whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted it without exception, which lead to the mentality that his parents would always give him things he desired. It was only natural that he'd start working through his own family's business. By age sixteen, he'd already accomplished so much on his own and started bringing in his own income. As a result, he began to swear off his parents, under the influence of the idea that he didn't need anyone's help.

Some might consider this type of attitude as a form of emotional damage for one his age, but Young Soo saw no problems in how he acted - it brought about results. Still, the boy was bored with reality. He often turned to the media to turn a blind eye to reality. Video games, movies, television, they were all ways he could escape from the boring chains of the real world. It grew to the point where he'd do anything to escape, and Tamer looked to be that escape route. While selfish, it isn't like the boy is all bad. On rare occasion, he's seen helping others, and he does treat children and some women with kindness. He thinks of himself as a lone wolf, however, and doesn't allow himself to get too close to any single person.

Digivice Colors: Purple and blue
    Crest: Knowledge

In-Game Avatar

Name: Zephyr
    Appearance:
    A man shrouded in mystery, the appearance of the avatar known as Zephyr is misleadingly plain in essence. Similar to his real form in ethnicity and gender only, the base of the form is a young Korean boy of about seventeen years old, with medium lengthed black, almost seemingly purple hair that hangs messily over his head. His eyes are green, and the right one is covered by a white, Gauss-like eye patch. His thin frame lacks any real muscle, and is garbed by a simple black, button-up jacket over top a black and white, diagonally striped hoodie. Black dress pants follow, and meet up at a pair of similarly coloured dress shoes. He has three studded piercings in both of his ears, as well.

digimon partner
    Nickname: None
    Personality:
    Candlemon is curious, almost to a fault. He is constantly poking and prodding at things he shouldn't, which often gets him in some sort of trouble. While he acts otherwise, he views Zephyr as a strong and respectable tamer, and is proud to have him as a friend, regardless of the fact that Zephyr treats him like a tool in some cases. For being with a Tamer that possesses the Crest of Knowledge, however, Candlemon isn't really that bright, usually making wisecracks that would not be advisable.

Digivolution Chain
    Baby: Mokumon
    In-Training: PetiMeramon
    Rookie: Candlemon
    Champion: FlaWizarmon
    Ultimate: Mistymon
    Mega: Dynasmon
    [/FONT]

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks for accepting me~ I didn't at all plan on playing as a character with the Courage crest at first but it turned out so conveniently so it'll be interesting. I'm used to playing more cheerful characters but I'll find a way to make the posts of Agnes and Guilmon fun or at least a good read in other ways.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Thanks for accepting Ven. This should prove to be a lot of fun. She's quieter than my shy characters. :)

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • I hate to be a downer, but I believe Faith is taken by Lincoln West. :/

Granted, he's not accepted yet, but I just thought I'd let you know.

I know but even the rest are all taken, so seeing as i was informed to change the previous one i thought that i should choose from the ones that haven't been already selected by accepted people. :)

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years

• I know but even the rest are all taken, so seeing as i was informed to change the previous one i thought that i should choose from the ones that haven't been already selected by accepted people. :)

Ah, right. My bad.

I almost finished my RP Sample but then my laptop died from lack of battery.

...So yeah. I just copy-pasted my current sample from another RP, I hope that's okay.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    No problem. Also, would you like me to change my digimon and digivolution line? I didn't realise they were used in the anime until after I'd written everything up. Only watched up to the second series.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • @SkyisUmbreon - Regarding your sample... I find the format you're using very hard to follow. Paragraph form is what I'm looking for, so until I can see that you can write in a less... creative style, I can't accept you.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I was feeling kinda rushed and there were a few things going on, but I shall fix it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yeah... I'm done, I think. Tell me if anything needs to be fixed. I know... the digimon I chose was a bit too common one -_-;; But with my limited knowledge I think I'll be able to best play out that line.

human
    Real World

Name: Richard Taylor

Appearance: Richard's appearance is a rather generic one, one that doesn't stick out in a crowd. His appearance has been compared to an NPC in a video game series, about which nobody actually cares. Standing at about 5 feet 9 inches, with dirty blonde hair, his whole body frame is a thin one, with little flesh on his hands and legs. He sports absolutely no muscle or fat, only managing to have bony limbs. His eyes are 'boring black', as he likes to call them. His skin color is naturally pale, with a very very light tan. His hair falls low over his eyes, often coming in his line of sight, but he doesn't really mind. He also has a faint stubble, a rough one that he refuses to shave off.

For clothes, he is mostly seen wearing very old clothes. Almost all clothes he wears are tattered, torn here and there, with random splotches or color splattered over them. Mostly he wears a black shirt reading "class of '98" and a blue denim jacket over it, covering the shirt completely. For bottoms, he sticks to navy blue pants, with a huge tear on the right knee. Most people think Richard's clothes are punk clothes, but they are actually just ancient clothes. His shoes are worn out, the soles are half torn away, yet he somehow manages to wear them and get on with life.

He doesn't have a lot of scars on his body. Richard has a small bandage on the ring finger of his left hand. He had fractured it during an accident a few days prior to the sign up for the site. He also has a small scar on his nose bridge, one he got due to a very hard punch during a fight. Richard always carries a lighter and a pack of cigarettes with him, to smoke and relieve some stress whenever he feels like it. He really isn't a huge fan of accessories. Other than the cheap Rolex rip off he usually wears, he only has another accessory, a bracelet with his name etched on it, which had been a gift from his former fiancee.

Personality: Richard, as a person, can be summed up in one word; a d*ck. He has been called that by about a dozen people who are or were actually close to him. He is selfish, he has a cruel, twisted sense of humor, which mainly focuses on sarcastic jabs at others. He gets fun out of making fun of others. He doesn't give a damn about the feelings of others, how much others are suffering. He wouldn't hesitate a minute to use others for his benefit, or even harm them to get what he wants. He is a greedy man, who wants everything for himself and wants more and more.

But that is his behavior towards strangers. He doesn't open up to people very easily, in fact, it may take him months to actually become somebody's friend, or trust them completely. But these special friends, they are people who he could actually give his life for. He cares for them deeply, he would help them no matter what, and he would make sure they always stay out of harms way. Richard is a very street smart person as well, he knows how to survive on the streets or out in the wild, when faced with difficult challenges.

Richard always hates life. He has a very negative view about his life, and no matter how good it is going, he will always think that his life is the worst in the world. Still living with his parents, he does lead a very sad life, doing a boring job every single day. He is the kind of person who wants to bring change in society, change in almost everything he does, change that will make sure that everything turns out his way.

He is an alcoholic, one could always see him sitting in the bar during most of the day. He is a smoker too, always trying to get a smoke every free moment of his life. Of course, he doesn't really care about the negative aspects of this on his life. Other than his obvious liking towards all dirty things in life, he is a good fan of rock music, though he leans more towards hard rock.

Digivice Colors: Black and Blue

Crest: Crest of Friendship

In-Game Avatar

Name: David

Appearance: In his in game avatar, Richard took on the appearance of his childhood rival David. David was exactly what Richard had always wanted to be when he was a kid, the smart, handsome guy, who is loved by everybody for his cool looks.

Richard takes on the appearance of a 16 year old child, who is fairly muscular. He stands at about 6 feet, and is fairly tall for his current avatar's age. His long legs and strong biceps give him the look as if he hits the gym quite often. He has the perfectly tanned skin, and has a very handsome face, with blue eyes and light blonde hair. His face has a perfectly round shape as well. If one pulls his shirt up, they could see the faint outline of a six pack. He wears a pair of spectacles, as well.

For clothing, Richard chose some of the most fanciest clothes he found. David's shirt is a bright green one, supporting some techno band. His bottoms consist of black pants. He always has a pair of headphones around his neck, connected to an ipod. His shoes are branded ones, perfect for running. He now wears a real Rolex watch, and retains the bandage on his left arm.

digimon partner

Nickname: Blaze

Personality: This digimon seems to have a similar personality to Richard. He is a bit short tempered, always ready to get into a fight, insulting and taunting people. Blaze, like Richard, doesn't easily believe people. It takes him quite some time to get to trust people. As a pair of tamer-digimon, they don't really have a very trusting relationship yet, instead relying on each other to survive.

Digivolution Chain
    Baby: Botamon
    In-Training: Koromon
    Rookie: Agumon
    Champion: Meramon
    Ultimate: BlueMeramon/SkullMeramon
    Mega: Boltmon

RP Sample: I don't really have anything right now... so I'll just put one of my latest posts in here. This ones from Inner Demon.

Spoiler:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • So I've decided to go with the Digivices from the first season since we'll be making use of crests. It'll also have a messaging function in the case we get separated. Just a note, your character won't be able to refer to themselves as anything but their avatar name while in Tamers.

So now I've hit a conundrum... more signups than available crests. I might bump Zephyr off the list since he'll be an antagonist at some point anyways (thus making a duplicate acceptable), but not everyone has everything totally fixed anyways. I'll think about it at work tonight and post what I've decided when I get home along with acceptances and such. Some of you might not get the crest you wanted though.

@First Snow - I completely forgot about this last time, but could you write a sample in third person? For consistency sake, I won't be allowing first-person posts in the actual RP.

@romdinner - Sorry, I didn't catch this the first time I read through your application. Can you make your character's avatar look more different than her real self? I made The Final Watchman do it, so I can't be unfair and ignore that you're doing it. XD

As for my signups, I'm done with Yukiyo more or less. My ability to describe female clothes sucks, so there's a few picture references. XD I'll try and get Zephyr done soon, and then I want to try and start things by Sunday if my time allows it.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    It's fine, I'll write something else. Thinking about it, I believe I could have written a much better sample.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    zero, would you prefer me to change my digivolution line to not mirror one in the anime? It's no biggy if so, I just didn't realise at the time I picked it that it WAS used in the anime. I'd just like to know so I can do all my edits in one go.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • ... parallelzero and Digimon?! Here goes my obligatory application. O_O

This post is ... finished (: D). I hope I'm not too late to be allowed into the decision-making process!

praescriptio.

Name:
    Sebastien Mercier

Appearance: Bearing very light hair and eyes the color of slate, Sebastien's appearance is distinctly European. Some hundred-and-seventy-five centimetres tall and weighing a little over sixty-four kilograms, he possesses a largely thin frame. His clothes are kept neat and are changed daily, but his hair is often unkempt, the aureate strands falling across his forehead and occasionally getting into his eyes. His gaze assesses and examines the world leisurely, not usually focusing on a single aspect of his surroundings.

He generally shuns t-shirts and similar collarless topwear, and instead wears shirts all the time, be they long- or short-sleeved, though the number or even presence of buttons do not seem to be an issue; he has a special preference towards flannel shirts on casual occasions. He is not so prejudiced towards trousers, however, and will wear almost any variety, as long as its coloration is sufficiently normal. A complete ensemble of vest, tie, trousers, and sometimes jacket if called for - all in midnight blue silk - is his outfit of choice for formal occasions, paired with a long-sleeved white cotton shirt.

His preferred hair accessory is a felt Gatsby, with bands of gold and copper-colored thread around the top of the eyeshade part of the accessory. Matching the color of his irises, leather gloves of an intermediate toughness can often be found on his hands, though they serve no practical purpose other than comfort. His shoes are chosen as necessity dictates, and are typically brown leather shoes with a wide front, suitable for everyday activity though not athletics.

Personality: Sebastien gives off an aura of polite disinterest, mixed with a hint of remoteness. Though well-mannered - required to be so, as the second son of an entrepreneur - he does not particularly like others that make conversation for the sake of conversation, and finds their incessant chatter rather annoying. In interactions with others, he is highly opaque and extremely blunt with his words, preferring not to seem duplicitous and not caring about the negative consequences of his candor; he does not believe in changing oneself simply to gain acknowledgement. The number of friends he possesses is very small, but he is closely bound to people that are close enough to him to be called as such, and acts as if their interests were his own.

Perhaps hypocritically, however, he loves to ramble on about his own topics of interest. Some are completely normal - he greatly enjoys music, for example, and is somewhat proud of his vocal training, even though he pretends very unsuccessfully otherwise. Other things, however - hobbies that would be considered normal in people that are socially-inept: online games, collectible card games, and anime and manga - are not at all characteristic of his appearance, but are also on the list of things he cannot help but wax eloquent about.

Because (or maybe even though) he is fairly wiry of frame, Sebastien does not excel in athletics, and prefers to avoid them as much as possible, having instead honed his intellect through a high-quality education from private tutors on a variety of subjects, including classical languages and poetry; this manifests itself in apparent physical laziness, due to his aversion to physical exertion. Despite not being very diligent altogether on errands he has no personal interest in, he understands the importance of each and every undertaking, and is much more mentally active than one would expect, to the degree that he plans obsessively and is caught by surprise by unexpected events.

Digivice Colors: Royal blue and light steel blue.

Crest: Crest of Friendship.

alterius.

Name: Nocturne

Appearance: Sebastien's in-game avatar, "Nocturne", is that of a young boy of twelve or thirteen, and though his avatar shares superficial aspects with his appearance such as hair and skin color, the similarities end there. As he is noticeably shorter, only about a hundred and fifty centimetres tall, he wears a pair of slate blue tailored shorts lined with cotton; the lining falls separately, creating a slightly wrinkled appearance. His hair is shorter and more curled, settling easily into a natural state of disarray, and his eyes are more rounded and glassy.

Nocturne's vestments are noticeably more casual, and the shirt and vest the avatar wears are both slightly crumpled. Over those garments, Nocturne wears a corduroy longcoat of unassuming brown, and a medium-length mantle-like accessory made of fur is draped across his shoulders. A pair of brown hiking boots, appropriate for adventuring and made of sturdy, tough leather, rest comfortably on his feet. A pair of goggles atop his head - tinted to block out the effects of a noonday sun at least partially - and a silver watch on his wrist round out the avatar's outfit.

Thus, unlike Sebastien himself, Nocturne has a much more carefree and radiant presentation, due to his desire to appear more approachable and sociable in place where there are no expectations of him. Another reason - likely not applicable, Sebastien knows, but it was a factor all the same - is that the avatar's voice would still be that of a young boy's, and thus capable of a higher range than he is currently.

socius.

Nickname: None. Sebastien isn't much for nicknames.

Personality: Labramon is fiercely loyal and very attached to his tamer, often showing his affection through physical contact such as surprise tackle-hugs and enthusiastic licking. Though Nocturne abolished his addressing the tamer with terms of respect almost from the first moment they met, Labramon cannot help but call Nocturne "master" at times. Not a Digimon known for his intellectual brilliance, Labramon nevertheless offers advice in the form of conventional wisdom to Nocturne when he thinks that his tamer needs it, and is actually quite astute and intuitive.

Labramon's relationship with Nocturne is part lord and retainer, and part close friends; he is always happy to be able to help his tamer in any capacity possible, as long as it is within reason. Conversely, Nocturne treats Labramon as an equal, and the two are likely closer because of it. He has a strong sense of justice and fairness, and even though he doesn't always understand them, he likes to listen to others' discussions of philosophy and the nature of truth.

Digivolution Chain

Baby: Paomon
    In-Training: Shaomon
    Rookie: Labramon
    Champion: Dobermon
    Ultimate: Cerberumon
    Mega: Anubismon

opus.

RP Sample: ... A writing sample from something I'm still working on. Not a roleplaying sample, per se, but hopefully it'll be sufficient. EDIT: On second thought, this is really short. Ask me if you want a longer sample (I didn't want to include a longer one because they are mildly confusing without reading more).
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • So I've decided to go with the Digivices from the first season since we'll be making use of crests. It'll also have a messaging function in the case we get separated. Just a note, your character won't be able to refer to themselves as anything but their avatar name while in Tamers.

So now I've hit a conundrum... more signups than available crests. I might bump Zephyr off the list since he'll be an antagonist at some point anyways (thus making a duplicate acceptable), but not everyone has everything totally fixed anyways. I'll think about it at work tonight and post what I've decided when I get home along with acceptances and such. Some of you might not get the crest you wanted though.

@romdinner - Sorry, I didn't catch this the first time I read through your application. Can you make your character's avatar look more different than her real self? I made The Final Watchman do it, so I can't be unfair and ignore that you're doing it. XD

As for my signups, I'm done with Yukiyo more or less. My ability to describe female clothes sucks, so there's a few picture references. XD I'll try and get Zephyr done soon, and then I want to try and start things by Sunday if my time allows it.

It's ok, I don't mind. What's fair is fair :P. I changed her appearance and also added a picture just to see how she looks now. Let me know if everything is ok now and if I'm on the team. :D

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Okay, RP sample's ... up. Contact me if you had something else in mind for the RP sample that I wasn't able to deliver!

I really couldn't write anything without a backdrop, and I'm half brain-dead from all of the writing I had to do in the last three or four days anyway.

On a side note, this is like a new record for me... actually finishing an SU within 24 hours of posting it?! Perhaps it's because of the looming deadline.

Back