• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you move your Pokémon from HOME to future games?

Years
  • Some people play the main series games and set them down once they're finished, not moving anything from older games over to it using HOME. Do you use the app and move things over to future games to play with? Or do you just play with the Pokémon you catch in those games?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably transported some Pokemon from Generation 1 to 2. Cannot confirm that, though.

Dealt with the misfortune of a corrupted save in Generation 4. Made no sense to send Pokemon to a corrupted save file. Worried about the corruption spreading to Generation 5 via transfer. Avoided that period, consequently.

Moved nothing else until Sun/Moon to Sword/Shield. Took advantage of the free Bank trial period and a sibling with a Home subscription. Passed several legendaries and regional forms onto them to trade over. (Let them keep some legendaries too.) Still has Alolan Grimer, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Geodude, and Phione chilling in Home.

Plans to transfer more Pokemon than usual with Sword/Shield -> Scarlet/Violet. Enjoyed using weird Pokemon for the 7-star raids. Burned through a lot of Experience Candies doing this. Mass-trains Pokemon super easily in Sword/Shield, however. Is currently leveling...40 Pokemon? Consists of legendaries, bred Pokemon (to save cash in Scarlet/Violet), and some from old playthroughs. Should set up more, honestly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to transfer some pokemon through generations, but that was till gen 7. When limited dex became a thing, I saw no reason to transfer my pokemon from older generations. I mean, yes, maybe if I played competitive or something, but I had no reason. Maybe, I'd be way more interested in keeping all my pokemon in HOME and letting them stay there, but I haven't seriously planned that yet.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Yes, I move my Pokémon from Pokémon HOME to future games. A major part of my play style is to begin my Pokémon adventure with my favorite Pokémon rather than just build teams with what I catch throughout the game, which requires me to transfer Pokémon from a previous game. Of course, I do this by hatching Pokémon with good IVs, EV train them with vitamins, transfer them to Pokémon HOME while they are level 1 at the least or level 5 at the most, and transfer them to the new game I'm playing. This allows me to raise my favorite Pokémon with my Starter Pokémon in the new game, leaving me with only the Starter Pokémon to EV train. I typically play Pokémon using two teams, which I refer to as my primary and secondary team. More often than not, my secondary team features the new Pokémon in the new game I'm playing, but not always, as it mainly depends on whether or not I like the Pokémon. In the Virtual Console, I took advantage of a glitch that can guarantee a shiny Ditto with perfect IVs. With that, I always transferred them to newer games using Pokémon Bank and eventually Pokémon HOME. Long before Pokémon HOME existed, I always found ways to transfer older Pokémon to the newer game. In Pokémon Stadium 2, I did this using the N64 box feature, for example. At least to me personally, transferring Pokémon from older games and raising them from a low level along with your Starter is a very fun way to play.

Years
  • For playthroughs: No. I play with new Pokemon only on a first playthrough and in most games do not do any additional ones. Only exception being my shiny bred Sword team which was bred in Shield and tossed over via Home.

Playthroughs aside though: I hunted a lot of HA mons in ORAS via DexNav, and used the Crystal VC for any missing gen1-2 Pokemon as transferring them is a guaranteed HA.
    I also caught various Pokemon with unused Apriballs in Sun/Moon and USUM. All of this was then transferred via Bank to Home and into SwSh, and for round 2 to BDSP.
    I also pulled a lot of previous games' legendaries and sent them onward while at it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Honestly? No, I don't. It's just not a priority for me. I don't pay for the subscription to have more than the one box with 30 and can't be bothered to transfer them, really. Rather just play with what's already available.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    Some people play the main series games and set them down once they're finished, not moving anything from older games over to it using HOME. Do you use the app and move things over to future games to play with? Or do you just play with the Pokémon you catch in those games?

I technically do both but I do have a select few pokemon that I transferred to pokemon home from older games or ones that I received from a friend.

Years
    • Seen today
    No, I just occasionally did a few straight game-to-game trades for different purposes, but nothing beyond that.

I prefer my former teams to stay in the game they belong to, so no reason to move them from one game to another, to me new game = new region = new team. Of course I have my favorites but I prefer trying different Pokémon on each playthrough unless my options are limited for whatever reason and I have to make exceptions. There's more than enough Pokémon variety in the newer games so that I allways have interesting options to build a team, if X favorite of mine isn't available it's not a problem.

Years
  • i haven't downloaded HOME at all. between the subscription and how not all pokemon will be in future games now, it feels like a trap. many of my pokemon are in the gen 6 games, and will be staying there

Back