• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any power for yourself

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    What sort of paranormal, alien, superpower, whatever would you choose for yourself?

Think hard because you only get one. None if that infinite powers power either.

Can be literally anything, physical, dimensional, mental, a direct copy from a film, etc, anythimg. Just be sure and say why.

I've thought about this a lot, but I'd love the ability to read anyone's full past whenever I choose. Online, offline, anyone.

I would immediately know everyone fully instantly, know if they're lying, their overall nature, trauma that can't be explained, or even how to best approach someone I might want to get to know, or at the very least know if there was chemistry there at all.

And what an advantage over any enemy I could have too. To pierce through any emotional armor they could possibly have.

I feel someone with this power could control the world itself. I doubt I'd go that extreme; megalomania is hardly appealing to me, but you can see the benefits to it through that example.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd like a simplistic power set, like original Golden Age Superman level or Spider-Man level where I'm strong at street level, can dodge or block bullets and lift a car and tank a building falling on me. I could leap over everybody and I'd probably find that more fun than flying tbh. I'd use these powers to stop crime and make the world a slightly better place for sure.

Why I'd choose these powers is because they remind of my favorite superheroes who try to do what's right and are responsible with their powers.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    A generic but very practical answer: omnipotence. Then I'd have access to any superpower you could dream of.

Another superpower I would like would be immortality and eternal youth. I could learn lots of things, travel the world and enjoy my live a thousands times more than I do now.

Years
  • Just give me general time manipulation- fast forward, slow down, reverse, pause time, etc. Could put it to a lot of good use like stopping crime, helping people about death/injury, and reversing huge mistakes. I'd probably just be selfish though and use it more dumb things like pausing time so I could get an extra couple hours of sleep without the day getting away from me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    there's so many fun powers out there that I don't know if I could pick just one =(

Years
  • Reality Warping. There's a lot of things I don't like about the world or that I'd want to change about my life or the lives of others. It'd be wonderful to have the ability to just rewrite the world to be more like I want it.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Phosphophyllite! His Quirk: Clean!

He can erase harmful microorganisms and disinfect things with a single touch!

Seriously, I hate how dirty it gets here. I just want a power to instantly clean stuff so my life can be 100% easier.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I find it strange how many people would choose powers relating to time or mind-reading. If I had the ability to bend time, it'd take over my entire existence, as I'd grow helplessly addicted to it. Such a dangerous path to take. As for mind-reading, well... it just seems useless to me.

I know what I'd choose: to fly like Peter Pan! Even though I'm scared of heights, I could work through that. The sheer exhilaration and freedom you'd feel! Being able to go anywhere you please, one with the birds in the safety of the sky! Oh, if only... <3

Back