• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2016
    I cant find this misprint anywhere so thought I'd ask you guys if it's been seen before and I've just completely missed it in my searching. I have a 28/108 Charmeleon, it's exactly as pictured on the real cards, except it has Combusken printed as it's name. I can't seem to find anywhere that's mentioned this print error but would love someone to let me know if this is a known error/how much it would be worth.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    i have cards from '99, they do not say first edition at the bottom left of the image. is it worth compiling a spreadsheet of what i have for people to check out? any chance foil cards other than charzard are worth anything?

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I cant find this misprint anywhere so thought I'd ask you guys if it's been seen before and I've just completely missed it in my searching. I have a 28/108 Charmeleon, it's exactly as pictured on the real cards, except it has Combusken printed as it's name. I can't seem to find anywhere that's mentioned this print error but would love someone to let me know if this is a known error/how much it would be worth.

This is the legit card:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charmeleon_(EX_Power_Keepers_28)

There is no recorded error of having it's name printed as Combusken. It is most likely fake (if you have photos of the front and back it would be of great help)

I feel like I've searched every nook and cranny of the internet trying to find this card, and I know it exists because I had it at one time lol, but I really only signed up here to try and figure something out because it looks like y'all are a lot more educated in this than I am...
    So I had an original japanese Gengar card (Sabrina's Gengar, Gym Challenge #29, has the moves Dark Wave and Shadow Blind... I would post a picture but I haven't made 5 posts to post links) and it had the Pocket Monsters logo on the back and everything. I kept it in my wallet because even though I'm well past my Pokemon phase (still love it though, just not nearly as obsessed as I used to be, ha) I still love Gengar and I felt pretty spiffy with my japanese card, but one night some stuff happened and I ended up losing my wallet with everything in it, including that card (so there might be some info we'll be missing since I can't just whip it out and look at it).
    I really want to try and replace it but I have searched literally friggin -everywhere- and either I was just really lucky and screwed it up by losing it or maybe it's not worth anything, either way it's killing me and any insight would be spectacular. And if I could even find an original holo version of this card to replace my old one, that would be even more cool but I reckon we'll just have to wait and see :) thanks!

I'd keep an eye on this search for now:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...ngar+29.TRS0&_nkw=sabrinas+gengar+29&_sacat=0

There are plenty of English ones but a Japanese one might crop up.

i have cards from '99, they do not say first edition at the bottom left of the image. is it worth compiling a spreadsheet of what i have for people to check out? any chance foil cards other than charzard are worth anything?

In mint/near mint condition, blastoise and venusaur can go for $15-20. The others you're looking at $5-7 dollars each. They might sell better this year as everyone hyped for the anniversary.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    As for the Pikachu vacation, I would say around 3 dollars. As for the movie collectible scenes for mewtwo strikes back, It depends if you have the full movie set or if some numbers are missing, and also which pokemon is on the back of each card.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2016
    This is the legit card:

There is no recorded error of having it's name printed as Combusken. It is most likely fake (if you have photos of the front and back it would be of great help)

Unfortunetly I can't post pics yet, but I've looked and the only thing I can see different is the small symbol in the bottom right corner (The white leaf (?) on the black circle) isn't printed perfectly. The back and the picture looks identical, the name even has the slight circles behind the name that I can see on some pictures but if it's something that hasn't been seen before it's probably safest to assume it's a fake right?
    Thank you for the response btw!

Years
  • Unfortunetly I can't post pics yet, but I've looked and the only thing I can see different is the small symbol in the bottom right corner (The white leaf (?) on the black circle) isn't printed perfectly. The back and the picture looks identical, the name even has the slight circles behind the name that I can see on some pictures but if it's something that hasn't been seen before it's probably safest to assume it's a fake right?
    Thank you for the response btw!

Yeah. If you want 100% confirmation from us, though, just upload a picture of the card as an attachment to your next post in this thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2016
    Yo! Got this Magneton card which i am like 90% sure is fake, just need confirmation.
    imgur(dot)com/xQMTw3V (can't post links yet lel)

1. Magneton
    2. Fossil
    3. 26/62
    4. Not first edition
    5. Not shadowless

Years
  • Yo! Got this Magneton card which i am like 90% sure is fake, just need confirmation.
    imgur(dot)com/xQMTw3V (can't post links yet lel)

1. Magneton
    2. Fossil
    3. 26/62
    4. Not first edition
    5. Not shadowless

Definitely fake. That holo pattern on a Wizards of the Coast era card is a giveaway. Also so is the abnormally large bottom border while having the top border still be the same width. I'd chance a bet that it's actually a sticker.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2016
    Just went through my collection of cards sorting out the most rare but definitely not sure how to calculate the worth based on condition and the type of card. Do you guys have an email I can just send pics to or is this the only way? Not in a rush so I can wait for an estimate

Years
  • Just went through my collection of cards sorting out the most rare but definitely not sure how to calculate the worth based on condition and the type of card. Do you guys have an email I can just send pics to or is this the only way? Not in a rush so I can wait for an estimate

There's no official email inbox for this sort of thing on PokeCommunity, sorry.

But what I usually do when I give an estimate is just go to eBay, search the card, and then set the search filters to show only sold listings, and base the prices off of what I see there, whether it be by calculating an average or just noting a $5 to $10 range that the card most frequently sells in.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2016
    Whats up pokecommunity, new user just looking for some pricing opinions from the vets.

1: base set Pidgeotto shadowless rare 22/102
    2: base set pikachu nonshadowless with yellow cheeks 58/102
    3: 1st edition dark primeape team rocket set 43/82
    1999-2000 wizards
    4: 1st edition dark persian team rocket 42/82 1999-2000 wizards

Years
  • Whats up pokecommunity, new user just looking for some pricing opinions from the vets.

1: base set Pidgeotto shadowless rare 22/102
    2: base set pikachu nonshadowless with yellow cheeks 58/102
    3: 1st edition dark primeape team rocket set 43/82
    1999-2000 wizards
    4: 1st edition dark persian team rocket 42/82 1999-2000 wizards

1. Shadowless, non first edition Pidgeotto: $3 to $5.
    2. Normal, non-error Base Set Pikachu: $0.50 to $1.
    3. 1st Edition Dark Primeape: $1 to $3.
    4. 1st Edition Dark Persian: $1 to $3.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    Hey there, just wondering if my pokemon cards are worth anything
    1. 2 promo mewtwos for the first movie (shadowed and non holo)
    2. Holographic Charizard 4/102 (wizards collection) (shadowed)
    3. Holographic mewtwo 10/102 (wizards collection) (shadowed)
    4. Holographic Scyther 10/64 Jungle set (wizards collection) (shadowed) (not very good condition, one of the corners is a bit bent and the back has some black spots on)
    I have a few more holographic cards from the Wizards collection but I doubt they will be worth anything,
    Most are in good condition as they have been kept in a Pokemon Card Album from 1998,
    Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey there, just wondering if my pokemon cards are worth anything
    1. 2 promo mewtwos for the first movie (shadowed and non holo)
    2. Holographic Charizard 4/102 (wizards collection) (shadowed)
    3. Holographic mewtwo 10/102 (wizards collection) (shadowed)
    4. Holographic Scyther 10/64 Jungle set (wizards collection) (shadowed) (not very good condition, one of the corners is a bit bent and the back has some black spots on)
    I have a few more holographic cards from the Wizards collection but I doubt they will be worth anything,
    Most are in good condition as they have been kept in a Pokemon Card Album from 1998,
    Thanks a lot.

1. Mewtwo Black Star Promo #03 with Movie Promo stamp seems to be fetching between $3 and $5.
    2. Prices are all over for the Base Set Charizard without anything special about it, but it seems to fetch around $30.
    3. Base Set Mewtwo $5 to $10
    4. Jungle holo Scyther seems to fetch between $5 and $10 normally, but with the damage you describe it's probably only worth $2 to $3.

Also, some of those other cards may well be worth something if they're holos.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    Hey there again,
    i was just wondering about something, i have 2 identical Zapdos holographic cards (16/102) (Wizards) however one of the cards background is coloured red and the other one is coloured blue? imgur(dot)com/0vetwiV (sorry, i cannot post links at the moment)

Years
  • Hey there again,
    i was just wondering about something, i have 2 identical Zapdos holographic cards (16/102) (Wizards) however one of the cards background is coloured red and the other one is coloured blue? imgur(dot)com/0vetwiV (sorry, i cannot post links at the moment)

Could not pin down whether there were, in fact, 2 different holo prints of the card. Blue seems to be for sure a legitimate holo print for the card, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    So I'm going to sell my pokemon cards but I found a card i couldn't find the price of. It is from the
    EX Dragon Frontiers set and it has a gold border instead of the regular yellow one, the name and rarity star are also gold. In the bottom right of the image it has the dragon frontiers logo. I couldn't find a card like it on the internet as the other ones with gold borders also have the hp gold and mine doesn't. The card is the 3/101 heracross. If someone can tell me anything about it or if it's rare it would help me out alot.

Years
  • So I'm going to sell my pokemon cards but I found a card i couldn't find the price of. It is from the
    EX Dragon Frontiers set and it has a gold border instead of the regular yellow one, the name and rarity star are also gold. In the bottom right of the image it has the dragon frontiers logo. I couldn't find a card like it on the internet as the other ones with gold borders also have the hp gold and mine doesn't. The card is the 3/101 heracross. If someone can tell me anything about it or if it's rare it would help me out alot.

Would you mind uploading a picture of it as an attachment to your next post in this thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back