• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Campaign: 20Whenever

Years
Your Campaign: 20Whenever

It is time for another election, at some point, and you have thrown your name into the ring. It's time for a change, it's time to oust whoever and it's definitely time for us to put our money where our mouth is and explain why we know better than [insert politician here].

In this thread, your going to campaign. You get one post (that you may add more information to so long as you keep track of changes), use that post to outline the policies you are championing coming into your country's election. What laws do you want to enact? Talk about your plans for the economy, civil rights, foreign policy etc etc. What changes do you want made to your nation?

Following that post, other people are welcome to ask you questions about your policies and proposals and you intern to reply to them explaining yourself. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Have fun!

Reactions: Nah

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
e7d92c139f2d41aca6fa6f10e9c7364d.png

CAAETHIL 2020
Vote for the Social Liberal Party - we'll put the Great back into Great Britain!

How will we do it? As you can see, we have a logo. An owl logo. And that proves we're the wisest, and thus the most fit to run your country. We will reclaim the empire. That's right. The colonies have been lost to extreme fascism - just look how opposed the Americans are to even free healthcare! We will take America back and give them the gift of the NHS. We will take away their evil guns and make America Great British again.

Other policies:
- Pokemon battling will become the new national sport.
- All would-be referendums, such as Brexit, will be settled by a tournament of the national sport.
- All who do not wish to ascend to the empire will be killed like the fascists they are.

More exciting policies coming soon!

Last edited:
Years
Vote Caaethil 20Whenever, representing the Social Liberal Party. Policies coming soon™. Until then, uh, we're socially liberal. Join us and we'll make PokeCommunitia great.

Questions I'll edit out later:
- Is this a made up country? Is it America?
- Where are we on a world map?
- Is this the first election?

Literally your country. Where you currently live with current issues etc.

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
Hello my fellow American people. You can call me Mr. Badass, because that's what my policies are all about. I will turn this country right the hell around, and I have ten main policies for doing so.

These are the policies I have for the country, should you elect me:
1. Robot police instead of real ones. Any group who has not committed a crime, and who has not been voted out will never be "accidentally" shot by one of these police officers.
2. I will delete the economy and make everyone rich! Why bother working when we have robots whom can grow our food?
3. Free food for all. Every single person in the country will always be well fed, thanks to the robot farmers.
4. No taxes. The robots will do all the mining etc. to generate income, while you all site back, relax, and watch the telly.
5. Free housing. That is correct, completely free housing. The robots will not only build the houses, but upkeep them as well.
6. Free Internet/T.V. anywhere, all the time. You can always stay connected, because everything is free. Like the Big Bang Hypothesis T.V. show? Sure thing, absolutely free.
7. Free weed. The robots will grow this plant for you, so you can just sit back, smoke, and watch the telly.
8. I will remove all non believers.
9. I will oust any race or group of people voted out by popular vote. Don't like blacks? Vote em out! Hate whites, same thing!
10. No more democracy/politics. They give everyone a headache anyways, so, as leader, I will overthrow the government and become dictator myself. After all, with free food, shelter, no taxes, free internet and such, who the hell cares about democracy anyways?

To enact these plans, 85% of current war spending will go into government subsidized robotics creation plans. After about 2 years, all of the above plans will be put into place due to said robots. Then, we will all live happily!

Ask me any questions about my policies below! I'm sure you will all have many questions, and it will be a snap to address them all.

Last edited:
Years
Okay... you were kind of meant to at least try to be "serious" about this. So I'm just gonna do that and hopefully set an example.

Economics and Taxation

Tiered Taxation: As it stands, the wealthy and the poor are expected to be able to pay the same rates. This is extremely disproportionate as it places too great a financial strain on those who cannot afford it whilst allowing those of greater means to shirk their responsibilities to their country. I propose a tiered taxation scheme in which the amount paid in non-GST taxes should be proportional to the income of the individual with the expectation that taxes will not impact on any individual's lifestyle to any significant degree.

Tariffs: Currently, we are not taking care of domestic businesses and are outsourcing far too much to foreign corporations - particularly those in Asia. I would increase our current Tariff rate from 2.8% to 4% for most countries in order to increase government revenue and promote the growth of domestic industry.

Cease Excessive Privatization: Currently the federal government (as well as some state governments) are selling off government infrastructure to create short term economic growth with no regard for the long-term implications. Maintaining ownership allows the government to generate greater revenue whilst also creating more jobs.

Luxury Taxation: The GST on essential items such as certain fresh and processed foods or health and sanitation products will be lowered or in some cases removed entirely to ensure the public has access to affordable essentials. To counteract this the GST on certain luxury items such as tobacco and alcohol products will be increased.

Carbon Tax: Unlike the previous attempt at carbon taxation, this will not be a thinly veiled attempt to produce revenue and will actually go towards creating a greener future. Large companies will be taxed proportionally to their carbon emissions with that money then going directly towards research and development of green energy.

Relating to this, taxation on solar and wind energy will be decreased whilst it will be raised for fossil-fuel based energy.​

Re-allocation of GST: Currently some states are receiving a disproportionately large amount of GST-revenue compared to the amount of GST collected from those states. I want to revise the current allocation of funds to ensure that left-out states are actually receiving their fair share of the GST.

Civil Rights

Gay Marriage: Gay marriage will be rendered fully legal with the understanding that all government agencies and private companies alike will recognise the marriage of homosexual couples. However, religious organisations may refuse to marry gay couples if they can prove that doing so violates the tenements of their religion - this option is obviously not available to secular marriages.

Equal Opportunity Welfare: Currently there are several different Centrelink/welfare payments in place that do not need to be. In particular, Aboriginal Australians have access to greater welfare support despite their educational and living expenses not being greater than anyone else's. I would consolidate student/low income support into a single plan for all Australians.

Healthcare and Emergency Services

Unified Emergency Services: Currently the different states all have different organisations running emergency services - in particular ambulance services - with different payment policies, databases etc etc. I want to bind all these agencies to the same general policies and create a nation-wide shared database that can be accessed by both ambulance services and hospitals.

Affordable Ambulances: Ambulance costs are too expensive in some Australian states. Under the unified system, Ambulances bills will be subsidized by the government for those who earn under $55, 000 a year and, in part, for anyone who have severe chronic health issues.

Opening More Public Hospitals: I would take medical care out of the private sector by increasing public health funding to the states and legislating a minimum number of public hospitals to be kept open in each state, preventing state governments from over-privatizing.

The Environment

Increased Digitization: Government industries will continue to make more use of modern technology to reduce the amount of paper and other related products required.

Environmental Protection: The government will increase the number of nationally recognized protected areas to minimize deforestation and pollution.

Green Think Tank: With the support of engineering companies, universities etc the revenue created by the Carbon Tax would be used to create an official government-run think tank employing scientists and engineering companies to develop efficient and safe green energy solutions.

The Military/Diplomacy

Free/Reduced Cost Utilities to Military Bases: Deals will be made with state water, gas, and energy companies to greatly reduce the cost of utilities to military bases and ideally make them free in order to free up finances that can be spent in other areas.

Non-Aggression: The majority of military personnel active in the Middle-East (or wherever else) will be recalled leaving only a small number of troops to protect local non-combatants and provide humanitarian aid. We need to look after the people who need it (here and abroad) not help nations establish their power in other parts of the world.

Education and Employment

Cheaper Tertiary Study: Currently it costs far too much money for students to further their education and increase employment opportunities. I want to begin a plan to gradually decrease the costs of university/TAFE study over the next several years until eventually it is as free as primary/secondary school study.

Government Jobs: Instead of working for the dole or job-seeking programs, the able but unemployed will be given low-level government positions at centrelink, licensing centres, employment agencies etc etc that provide clerical training that will make them more employable in the future.

Update the National Curriculum: The current national curriculum was a step in the right direction but is extremely narrow in scope and poorly constructed. It needs to be revisited to allow teachers more freedom and to broaden the scope of education whilst still ensuring the general subject matter across the country remains the same.

Immigration

Thorough Background Checks: Thorough background checks of anyone coming into the country must be conducted. In the case of illegal immigrants/refugees these background checks will be conducted over a period of months whilst the immigrants are detained.

Revamped Detention Centres: Illegal immigrants are fleeing terrible places at great personal risk to start anew here. They present a potential threat, but they should not be treated like criminals. Detention centres should be inspected and revamped to ensure that whilst they are still secure they are also comfortable for detainees whilst they are being investigated.

Detention centres will also provide a translation service, mandatory English lessons for those with no-English language skills and will provide simple workplace training or schooling to those with no skills or who are of school age.

I probably went a bit overboard but oh well lol.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Economics and Taxation

A fairer deal
It would be my greatest pleasure and honour to spearhead a real chance for some wealth equality in the country, right now the wealth gap is frankly a joke. I would reduce that gap. Corporations would be paying noted tax, and those who dodged tax (google, Amazon, Starbucks etc) would be levied with a fine amounting to double the tax they dodged. If they refused to comply, their assets would be seized and their heads would be arrested. You do not benefit off of the great workers and people of Britain and then get away with boning them under PM Hans Handy. The rich would pay tax on their massive interest rates, whilst the poorest would be offered real breaks and chances. I would actually take a policy of Mr Trump's and impose a onetime net worth tax of 14.25% on the super wealthy. I would also abolish the royal family and sell off the palaces and land, reinvesting the money made and the tax saved from paying for them each year into our NHS.

Cease Excessive Privatization: I would put a halt to any more privatisation of any of Britain;s infrastructure whilst simultaneously renationalising the railways and the energy companies. Your average worker would pay a little more tax, but the benefits of a truly free NHS and a reliable, cheap transport system would more than make up fir it.

Tackling the Banks I would be the first, the first Prime Minister of Britain to tackle the cancer of the banks that crashed this country, and half the world, into financial chaos. No more bonuses, no more bail outs at the cost of the taxpayer. Every time a bank folds or collapses because of greed the Government would simply nationalise that bank. Those who try to rob the people would be arrested for treason.

Civil Rights

Gay Marriage: Consenting adults, of any orientation, will be able to marry each other freely and will be treated with the same rights and respect as any traditional, hetero married couple. End of.

Welfare: JFK once said "If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich" and that is the cornerstone of Britain under Hands. Our welfare system will be robust, it will be fair, it will carry those who cannot walk, it will see for those who cannot and it will look after your family when you are unable. The awful DWP will be replaced with a dept and system that actually wants to help those who are out of work find work. We will be rebuilding so much, so many roads to be paved, so many houses to be renovated and built, that we will be able to contract this work out to those who have fallen into unemployment and we would pay them a fair rate whilst providing them with a glowing reference and best of all, we will not remove their welfare over it. The state will be your crutch until you are on your feet again.

I'll update this properly with a much more robust plan at a later date, just getting the ball rolling. Also I stole pie's layout thanks Pie you're a good dude

Back