• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I found this on an ImageBoard.

1242153008268.png

homelesscarl

Togepi Shop Owner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    She's a Mario girl. Her clothes look like his. And her hair is his Mustache.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Of course it's fake, that's the point, Todoroki. Someone made this and captioned, "SHE'S THE SAME @$^&ING GIRL!!!" or something along the lines of that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    She's a Mario girl. Her clothes look like his. And her hair is his Mustache.

Keep in mind that Pokémon and Mario are two of Nintendo's top selling franchises, so it shouldn't be a surprise if the characters have simliar appearances.

I also just thought that a poster above made a good point about having Crystal upstairs as one of the new aides, seeing she did want to be one so badly, I recall.

Those tacky sparkly looking pants and bow give away how fake it is.

I think someone either expressed how much they hate this new female, or they were really bored...xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'd kill her in her sleep because her outfit is disgusting. I'd rather be the guy this time (I always choose female in my first play through).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think she's pretty cool. I mean there is no reason to hate her. We only saw one picture of her.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I kind of like her, although I never really played the Crystal version myself, I might be one of the few who isn't biased against the new girl.

Anyway, as some have pointed out, she might just be Chris, the hair is sort of the same, but if not, we need a name for her. What about Silvie?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Really I don't know the grudge is held for her is about. We haven't really seen her actual sprite yet.

I actually like her more than Crystal because the new girl just seems more, Johto-like.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Really I don't know the grudge is held for her is about. We haven't really seen her actual sprite yet.

I actually like her more than Crystal because the new girl just seems more, Johto-like.

People are basically complaining because they feel as though Crystal is the more original Johto female character. Especially since since she was the first female player to exist in the games and because she was the first female in the Johto as well.

Though, I still say that I'd rather have the remakes over the new girl being replaced by Crystal because she is supposedly the original female for Johto.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I like her, I don't see anything wrong with this girl. She looks a lot more modern too.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I love her~~~~
    That big hat...
    Just as adorable as the other female characters in Pokémon.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I like her design, looks different compared to the other characters in Pokemon. Hat is awesome. <3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I told myself I'd pick the female character for Soul Silver because I picked a male for Platinum, but now I'm not too sure. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because when I look at the new female I don't see her as adorable or even fashionable (hate the hat). Although Crystal was introduced in the third game of the series, she was the first playable female character, so she deserved to make a comeback. Hopefully she will play some part later in the game.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Well it doesn't matter to me as I think Crystal is a stupid worthless disgrace to G/S name, therefore any characters associated with it should be forever banned from these remakes. I think of it as G/S, I never type G/S/C. Crystal doesn't belong in the awesomeness of Gold and Silver. G/S FOREVER!!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well it doesn't matter to me as I think Crystal is a stupid worthless disgrace to G/S name, therefore any characters associated with it should be forever banned from these remakes. I think of it as G/S, I never type G/S/C. Crystal doesn't belong in the awesomeness of Gold and Silver. G/S FOREVER!!!!

A little bit of rant much? Crystal was still the first girl to be played in Johto, hope you remember that at least...

The new girl is cute I think, and even if it was Crystal instead of the new girl I would have been fine with the idea.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Not nearly as unigue as Crystal though. I hate her in my opinion. She looks like a boring farmer girl.

Back