• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    / S P I T

I HATE HER!
    I don't know how, but they HAVE to put Crystal there. BETTER THEY DO A POKéMON CRYSTAL REMAKE!

Sorry for the uprage, is just that I HATE HER!

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I really don't like the appearance of her, but I guess there's always flaws in a game. No game's perfect.

Years
    How can anyone say that the new girl is ugly? Maybe you don't like the outfit, but she kinda looks like May and Dawn combined. (May's hair color w/ Dawn's face.) At least they made the drawing a little similar to the original Marina/Kris. Most of these drawings have the same face. Sure, maybe the hat's a little big, but who said that the sprites will look exactly like the artwork? Remember that in Dawn's artwork, her hair was black, but in the game her hair was blue? Wait until you see her sprite first before fully hating it. Her sprite might look better than the drawing. Anyway, it's not all about the looks. If it was, most of us probably wouldn't have purchased the original GSC. Don't say you're not going to buy a game because you don't like a character's appearance. (I wasn't too crazy about that guy w/ the red hat's outfit, but I still got DPP.) Give this girl a chance. Maybe you'll like her just as much as or more than Marina/Kris.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    Y'know, this is the first girl character design that I dont like. I liked crystal, may, and dawn's designs, and I hated brendans, and lucas's. But now i like golds design and I think this new girl looks dull and boring. Cant there be a game where they both arent wearing rediculous clothes(besides firered and leafgreen)?

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
    *clicked ram in the face*

Kris/Crystal was my favourite character. With epic blue hair and a non-I'm-a-*****-look-at-me style, she was the Bestest Character Ever. ;_;
    But, I think they'll keep Kris in the Crystal Remake cos that was HER game.

- Ace_McPhail

PS. Fanboy powers deactivate!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well it doesn't matter to me as I think Crystal is a stupid worthless disgrace to G/S name, therefore any characters associated with it should be forever banned from these remakes. I think of it as G/S, I never type G/S/C. Crystal doesn't belong in the awesomeness of Gold and Silver. G/S FOREVER!!!!

They're basically the same freaking game! Crystal just had minor tweaks and improvements over GS, so it's naturally supposed to be better than its Gen. II brethren. IMO, the only reason for disliking Crystal is because it unfairly picks a member of the Dog trio over the others (Entei and Raikou are just as important!)... :t244: :t243:

Anyway, on-topic, OMG, the new GSDS playable girl is so cute! :3 How could you possibly ram a truck into that adorable girl's face?? :cer_disbelief: I know some people are currently driven to, though... Even though I've never thought of Johto as more "country", I still love her new trendy Euro farm girl look. It feels llike a very fresh and innovative design. At first, I thought she looked too "Miss Goody Two Shoes"-ish, but now she's grown on me in less than a day! :cer_love:

However, I wish she waited to debut in Gen V as the playable girl. Marina/Kris (I know they're technically "separate" entities of different canons) is the original Generation II girl, and should rightly be redesigned to debut in this game. Even though GS didn't feature her, she has more in common with GS and Gen. II as a whole than the new girl, whose only connection is with HeartGold and SoulSilver. Marina/Kris has been known since the days of Crystal/Gen. II, yet we're just now getting introduced to the new GSDS girl in Gen. IV, about 10 years since Marina/Kris's debut.
    And I don't buy that "she was only featured in Crystal, not GS" talk. If HG/SS really stuck true to their roots, the new girl wouldn't even be here, and only Jimmy/Gold would get redesigned! In addition, the new GSDS girl's appearance, like May and Dawn's, was primarily possible because Marina/Kris was introduced as the first playable girl in the Pokemon series. That's gotta count for something! (I know Nintendo could have introduced the new GSDS girl regardless of whether girls were introduced in the past or not)

Still, I wish Marina/Kris is featured somehow in the game, even if only as a NPC. She's still important to the history of playable Pokemon girls. I've heard she wanted to be Prof. Elm's aide; maybe she could be Elm's assistant and work upstairs in the lab? I really wanted new Sugimori stock artwork for Marina/Kris; she's hot. Plus, blue hair IS epic! It would be nice if she was incorporated in a post-game plot as well!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    If the manga didn't exist, I'd be fine. I'm just worried that during the HgSs ark, they're going to change crystal way to much, just like they did with Blue! The new Gold looks fine though...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think it's odd that they did this, but to be honest I actually like her better than Kris. I was never a huge fan of Kris' design, and I'm liking this new girls design a lot more.

Plus as others have stated, Kris was never really part of G/S, and more a part of Crystal... even though Kris is basically the second gen's female trainer. I guess I'm kind of in the middle with this, but I do enjoy the new girl.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Everyone stating that Blue hair is more epic is kind of silly.

TAKE THAT BACK, FIEND!

Kanto is the Industrial side, and Johto is the Country side, so I agree that it fits Johto a lot more.

Nope, other way around. Johto is supposed to be the Industrial side.

Are we %100 sure she's replacing Crystal? She could be another Rival :/

She's along side Gold, so it can be assumed she's the main female character. I don't think it says exactly what her role is anywhere though.

I found this on an ImageBoard.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Too much hat.

Well it doesn't matter to me as I think Crystal is a stupid worthless disgrace to G/S name, therefore any characters associated with it should be forever banned from these remakes. I think of it as G/S, I never type G/S/C. Crystal doesn't belong in the awesomeness of Gold and Silver. G/S FOREVER!!!!

Umm, they're pretty much the same game. Except Crystal is better because of the female option and the animated sprites.

BETTER THEY DO A POKéMON CRYSTAL REMAKE!

Not going to happen.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Bleh, I bet I'll grow to like her XD

While I personally love Crystal's outfit and Platinum's Plat. outfit the most, this girl is pretty much the first one of the newer generation heroines w/out skirts, which, imo, is one of the biggest stereotypes the game has to offer. And although I'm not a huge fan of overalls, nor am I a fan on the brown hair, I kinda like her. Though I still like the male hero more just 'cause he looks like PokeSpecial's Gold <3 And as far as I can tell, this is still PokeSpecial's Crystal, just with a lighter brown hair color and a different outfit (though if you ask me, the outfit doesn't suit the genius Capturer in PokeSpecial, but it's not like the game creators would base the outfits and characters on existing ones in the manga).

So, I can live with her.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Nope, other way around. Johto is supposed to be the Industrial side.
    I don't think so bro.

Johto is the west side. The countryside is typically on the west side of a region. Johto has more to do with historically based and countryside areas. There is almost nothing industrial about Johto besides the radio tower.

In Kanto, you have Saffron (the Silph Co), Celadon which is known for it's shopping and gambling, the Safari Zone (which is a major tourist attraction), the Power Plant of all things, and the Indigo Plateu is based in Kanto.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I personally don't mind her. Though it is a shame that Crystal may potentially be dropped for this new character, I actually quite like her and will not be letting it 'ruin the game' for me. Changes were inevitable, as was the inclusion of a female character that wasn't there in the original Generation I remakes.

One thing I'm pretty glad about is the small similarities between this new female character and Crystal; though a different colour, the hair style is more or less the same and though I'm a little partial to her clothing, I think it kind of fits with the town the character will be originating from.

Overall, I'm one to give things a chance. If the loss of Generation II's original female character is the price to pay, I'm willing to pay it so long as the game is enjoyable, which I have no doubts that it will be.

Years
    They probably didn't think people would make that big of a deal over Kris not being in the games, because she was in Crystal only, and not GS. Anyway, how is biker shorts, a crop top, and a beanie the epitome of fashion? The sprite will probably look better than the drawing. Give the new girl a chance.

Last edited:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    C'mon don't be like a 8 years kid... New girl is awesome IMO.
    I love her outfit. (hat ftw)
    And it couldn't be Crystal because Crystal was for umm...
    err.... What was that game.... Agh....
    Oh yes! Crystal! :P
    :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I completey agree with the post above. The new girl has a nice look, yes we all have different opinions. Just be glad they at least thought of adding one, even if it isn't Crystal.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

This is MUCH better :)
    At least if they decided to make Crystal this way it would be ok...

Ugh...
    I hate when people start making things like this...
    There's nothing to do against it...
    THAT WILL BE THE HEROINE and no one can change it...
    I love her~
    I dunno why others hate her... :S

Back