• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    What exactly are base stats?

and also with IV's ive been breeding torchics, why is it best to always check IVs at lvl 20 not lvl 5?

Years
  • Totally lost..

Hey,i now have the 3 first badges,and to pass on,you need to get away that big pokémon (forgot his name) and i first have to get trought a Mountain,Called Rock Tunnel,well,that's my problem,i've been searching around now for 8 hours..and still i didn't find the way out..

Help Me!

jammi567

Go back to Cerulian city (the place where you fought Misty), and go to the ease, where just outside the city, there's a cuttable bush. That leads to Route 9, which in tern leads to Rock Tunnel.

Years
  • I'm having trouble with getting into cerulean cave/unknown dungeon whatever its called.

i remember on blue all you had to do was to beat the elite four.

but it was i must've beaten them and completed a significant event or something like that.

can anyone help?

thanks.

Years
  • I think you also need the national dex and you have to finish building the network machine. Then you can get in there. I had the same problem when I first tried to get in.

Years
  • Whats the national dex?

and how do i finish building the machine? when i goto celio he just says "i'll let you know when its done"

Thanks.

Years
  • For the national dex I'm pretty sure you just need to talk to Oak after beating the elite 4, and finishing the network machine is a little more complicated. You might wanna check out a walkthrough for that. Lots of island hopping and whatnot.

jammi567

I think you also need the national dex and you have to finish building the network machine. Then you can get in there. I had the same problem when I first tried to get in.
    it also helps to have at least 60 pokemon on the normal Pokedex.

Years
  • ~Thanks for your help.

when i goto oak he says one of my aides has an itemfinder for you.

I ALREADY HAVE IT!

Jammi, did you mean i need to catch 60 kinds of pokemon on the normal pokedex in order to obtain the national dex? im assuming its an item.

Thanks.

slash106

good trainer/naruto lover
    Years
  • Ive been told that u can get deoxys by getting a ticket thingey and doing something with a island. Well I just wanted to learn how to get this TICKET so if u any advice please tell me asap.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Ive been told that u can get deoxys by getting a ticket thingey and doing something with a island. Well I just wanted to learn how to get this TICKET so if u any advice please tell me asap.

You have to had gone to one of the Nintendo events to have gotten the ticket.

jammi567

Jammi, did you mean i need to catch 60 kinds of pokemon on the normal pokedex in order to obtain the national dex? im assuming its an item.
    yeah. ie, you need to have caught (or evolved) sixty pokemon (and have beaten the elete 4)

Years
  • Thanks for all your help! i've done it now.

i've spent the last hour trying to catch mewtwo.

should i just use the masterball? or should i save it on hte off chance i see the legendary dog?

Thanks.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Thanks for all your help! i've done it now.

i've spent the last hour trying to catch mewtwo.

should i just use the masterball? or should i save it on hte off chance i see the legendary dog?

Thanks.

Dont use your Masterball on Mewtwo. You can easily catch it with Timer Ball, Ultra Balls etc. There is no need to actually catch it with the MB. Save the MB for the legendary dog.

Years
  • i used 32 ultra balls on him :|

i'm probably going to make myself seem stupid here, but whats a timer ball? is it better than ultra ball? and how/where do i get them?

thanks.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Timer Balls are Pokeballs that "For Every Ten Turns in battle, the chance of catching the Pokémon rises" and I think they can be bought from Two Island. I cant remember exactly where they can be bought...

Years
  • i've had a look about and cant see them. i'll keep looking though.

any other help anyone could give me on the location of the timer balls would be a big help.

thanks.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    PokeBalls Locations!

Ok, Here Are All The Poke Balls:

Poke ball - Catches Pokemon, low catch rate
    Buy able

Great Ball - Catches Pokemon, medium catch rate
    Buy able

Ultra Ball - Catches Pokemon, high catch rate
    Buy able

Master Ball - Catches Pokemon, Never fails
    Not - Buy able (Silph Co. Giovanni After you beat him)

Nest Ball - Catches 'weaker' Pokemon
    Obtainable in Celadon Rocket Hideout

Net Ball - Catches Water and Bug type Pokemon easier
    Obtainable in Celadon Rocket Hideout

Luxury Ball - Catches Pokemon, Pokemon Ball Rate
    Get this on Island 5

Repeat Ball - Catches Pokemon you have already caught
    Get this on Two Island from the shop after you defeat the Elite Four

Timer Ball - Starts At x1.0, Catch Rate Goes Up 0.5x After 10 Turns (So 40 Turns, Catch Rate = 5.0)
    Get this on Two Island from the shop after you defeat the Elite Four

Safari Ball - Catches Pokemon in the Safari Zone, medium catch rate
    Get 30 of these while in the Safari Zone

Theres All The Poke balls you'll need. Although it's much cooler to use the normal poke ball, I Caught All The Regi's And Bird's With Them, There My Pride And Joy! (I used About 1000 of them all up but it's worth it, And If your looking for money, get the Amulet Coin (Found: West of Celadon(must have 40 Pokemon in your Pokedex and talk to the prof aide in the second floor of the transfer building) As It Gives You Double Cash, So About $60,000 every time you go through the Weak5!

Years
  • i assume the "after you beat the elite four"

on the repeat ball and timer ball, is the second time round beating the elite 4?

'cos i've already done it once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back