• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Simpsons is so weird. Do you prefer that or Family Guy? That was always a debate between me and my friends.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
The Simpsons has my love over Family Guy. Remember the crossover?
Get the eye bleach ready
Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I have never actually watched an episode of Family Guy! Mostly because it's always aired on channels I don't have access to, or I'm too busy doing something else, haha.

I watched a few episodes of American Dad, though. That was very...meh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have never actually watched an episode of Family Guy! Mostly because it's always aired on channels I don't have access to, or I'm too busy doing something else, haha.

I watched a few episodes of American Dad, though. That was very...meh.
I was never into that at all. Family Guy is much more fun.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I just loOoOooOoooOve American Dad. It became my favorite TV show, taking the place of South Park who was #1 for a long time. Not a fan of Family Guy, because of Peter x.x
But my favorite cartoon is without doubt Bojack Horseman.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
<3 BoJack Horseman. Probably my favourite thing on Netflix, not gonna lie.
I've been a bit afraid of Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty because I've gotten the impression they are way too raw for me... Is that impression right?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Can't speak to Rick and Morty (watched the first episode and hated it; watched it again a few months later and hated it even more; haven't watched it since), but yeah, BoJack's pretty raw as far as dealing with emotional devastation and depression and whatnot.

It's also hilarious, however, and has great bright animation which helps to offset the sometimes downer-nature of some of the plots. And it has a character called Mr Peanutbutter who's a golden retriever, so... there's that!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Simpsons! <3 I can always watch that. The older episodes have more appeal to me, mainly because I grew up watching those and I find them funnier in general.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
<3 bojack
though i haven't been able to rewatch season 3 after i binged it in one go bc i don't want to revisit that state of depression yet
i'll end up rewatching it when it is closer to season 4 dropping but god that was more than a rollercoaster of emotional turmoil

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have heard people giving RiCk and Morty a chance and loving it though. Bur what little I've seen so far disturbed me xD

pkmin3033

...I've never heard of any of these cartoons, haha. Although I've been limited to basic TV for pretty much my whole life, and my internet isn't currently good enough for Netflix or anything.

Also, did anyone watch Stressed Eric when it aired? I remember finding that funny as a kid, although a lot of it went over my head.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I HIGHLY recommend that you all go and see Alien: Covenant as soon as you are able to. Well worth it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I HIGHLY recommend that you all go and see Alien: Covenant as soon as you are able to. Well worth it.
Isn't it a bit scary? o: I watched Prometheus and didn't like it overly much. I'm a scaredy cat c:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of Alien, but I looooooooooove Aliens, and my impression is that this one is much more like the former (especially given the same director).

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of Alien, but I looooooooooove Aliens, and my impression is that this one is much more like the former (especially given the same director).

It's a healthy mix of both imo - Covenant is kind of a 'greatest hits' version of both movies while still introducing some successful new elements to the movie and the franchise as a whole. The only noticeable flaws are the three main instances of How Did These Stupid Humans Make It To Space, but two of them can be handwaved as making decisions under emotional distress. Much better than Prometheus and the pain-free caesarean.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll likely skip it in the cinema but might watch it later.

Superhero movies are something I always watch in the cinema though. But I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2 yet o:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Is Brave a good movie?? Looking on loading up on classic Disney movies that have come out since 2010. Already have Zootopia and Moana on the list.

Years
Is Brave a good movie?? Looking on loading up on classic Disney movies that have come out since 2010. Already have Zootopia and Moana on the list.

I know Brave is viewed as eh as far as critics are concerned when it comes to the Pixar library. It's talked about, but not to the same extent as something like the Toy Story movies, Finding Nemo/Dory or even Inside Out.

Cars 3 will be releasing around next month, but given the last film of that franchise was a box office failure (and regarded as one of the worst Pixar movies of all time) so it has to perform well if we don't want to see people hating on the Cars franchise, especially considering I do find that film franchise very merchandise-driven.

I am not happy that Pixar seems to be relying on sequels, since three of their upcoming films (including the aforementioned Cars 3) are sequels. The only one of the four upcoming films that isn't is Coco which is coming out at the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back