• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More details on the "new experience" coming to the Nintendo Switch

Years
  • So this rather haphazardly dealt with "experience", that is teased one minute and then kept secret the next, has had some more light shed on it!

Looks like we have another controller (The Ring-Con) and a game in which...OK this is basically Wii Fit but for the Switch. Seems like more of a gaming element for this rather than Wii Fit, but otherwise seems like a similar base principle. Also, why has it been "advertised" (or lack of I guess) the way it has...weird. What are your thoughts?

Cid

Years
  • The way they went about promoting it is certainly... unique. I think they were trying to build up hype and curiosity before revealing the title because seeing Fit on a game trailer might not be the most attractive to gamers. They also seem to have spent quite a bit of money on it. The game looks fairly polished, considering the added manufacture costs already for the ring and the thigh strap.

I like that it's a spiritual successor to the Wii Fit but with an adventure RPG element added to it. I've always wanted to try my hand at Wii Fit, so this is appealing to me. I am personally intrigued enough to consider buying it, but the add-on might push the price a bit higher than what I would prefer for such an experimental game. We'll see.

Also Ring Fit Adventurer looks like Wii Fit Trainer with fire powers! I like her design.

Years
  • Geez those promoters are a bit too happy. It's honestly creepy how exaggerated their facial expressions are. @_@ The game looks interesting though, good way to get certain people moving/exercising. I'm very lazy with consistent exercise myself, so it may even end up being a motivator for me if I get it. ;x

Years
  • The promoters are so awkward lmao. The game looks pretty neat, though. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it and maybe play it a few times. I hope there's an option for multiplayer somehow.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The promoters are so awkward lmao.

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thought this lol. It was p uncomfortable.

As for the device. Mehhh... I don't be spending any money on it. Like like a real gimmick piece. Would love to be proven wrong though!

Years
    • Seen today
    Honestly I have zero interest.

On the topic of the switch I would just like more stuff added to the online "virtual console". They added 20 SNES games but nothing since. I was hoping that when they were finished with monthly updates it wouldn't mean less updates.

Back