• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupidest loss you've ever had?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • We all lose sometimes, no matter how good we are. While many of them are fair and square, some of them were because of hax. OK, we get used to them. But what happened today to me was absolute... well... I can't describe it.

I don't have the replay anymore, but I just lost a match because of something absolutely insane and extremely rare. I had this Sticky Web team, composed of Shuckle, Bisharp, Hoopa-U, Keldeo, Conk and DD Lum Berry Tyrantrum against a HO OU team. I play fairly well imo, outplaying his Bisharp fairly well and doing decent predictions with my own Bisharp. Then we get to the end-game, where I have Shuckle, Conkeldurr and Tyrantrum vs Mega Garde and Rotom-W. It's Conk vs Rotom-W, both weakened. Conk was in the range of a Hydro KO, but not Volt Switch. And then..... HYDRO PUMP MISSES, I kill Rotom-W with poison jab and then Garde destroys me. Imagine this: if Hydro Pump would have hit, Conk would have died and Tyrantrum could have set up a free dragon dance while surviving (due to being at 100%), then proceeding to OHKO both Garde and Rotom-W with little problems (but then again Head Smash would have missed lol). So basically, I lost a match because my opponent missed a Hydro Pump. Not me, my opponent.

What about you guys?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • i lost to wolf's last poke jirachi which iron head flinched a heatran (no leftovers) and swampert to death. was not amused.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Does triggering someone else's Iron Barbs and losing on the Self-KO clause count? That happened one time against me.

I very rarely complain about hax, and am usually the one to cause it anyway. The sole exception to this rule is the move Scald. I looked at over 300 of my battle logs, and I was burned by 65% of eligible Scalds in that duration. CLEARLY a 30% chance.

On to my point. There was one game where my Pokemon got Scald burned a total of 9 times on 11 eligible Scalds (compliments or Aromatherapy). Ofc, the only good way to end a game like that is to lose by missing an H-Pump. Sigh.

Sirfetch’d

I was battling the other day and was playing this match where I pretty much had it won, the opponent only had a Starmie left but unfortunately it got 2 lucky freezes on my last two mons(Mgardy and Latias). It was in KO range of both but I was never able to get off an attack :x I was very unhappy. It was going for the freeze hax on Gardy and got it ;(

Last edited:

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I'm usually the one getting the luck, like when I got a 4x paralysis against Christos, but I've lost to a Baton Pass chain which ended in a Ledyba sweep, if that counts? Before clauses to prevent Baton Pass chains like that were added.

CB Sylveon is the best amirite Castform? Almost as good as my Specs Swellow

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ill post on behalf of user Srinator who has at one point or another in the past lost to, whilst using ou teams:

• Eviolite CM Clefairy + Farfetch'd + Barbaracle breaking combo
    • Growth Weather Ball Victreebel in the sun
    • SD Defiant Empoleon
    • Sash Fear Nosepass
    • CB Sylveon + Specs Swellow
    azelf.png

edit:
    [00:39:51] +Syndrome: [18:36:43] Dark Azelf: did i miss anything
    [00:39:54] +Syndrome: gastly

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ill post on behalf of user Srinator who has at one point or another in the past lost to, whilst using ou teams:

• Eviolite CM Clefairy + Farfetch'd + Barbaracle breaking combo
    • Growth Weather Ball Victreebel in the sun
    • SD Defiant Empoleon
    • Sash Fear Nosepass
    • CB Sylveon + Specs Swellow
    azelf.png

edit:
    [00:39:51] +Syndrome: [18:36:43] Dark Azelf: did i miss anything
    [00:39:54] +Syndrome: gastly

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-201132

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Back when I was using my Ice Monotype team all the time I had a match against my friend who was using a flying team and I was being a bit cocky and made a few mistakes that bit me in the ass which led to my loss.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Heatran getting flinched by Excadrill using Rock Slide, while also losing its Air Balloon, allowing Excadrill to kill it with Earthquake on the next turn.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I actually lost to belly drum linoone in a random battle......I had one of the soft music stare sadly moments.

Killua

Bite flinched five times with a M-aerodactyl and my whole team ohkoed by a lapras sheer cold in other game

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I have a few losses I can complain about.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-236403721

I was in the perfect position to win and commence my metamorphosis into a respected tournament player. Unfortunately, a Sucker Punch crit meant I was forced to continue living under the shadow of mediocrity.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen5customgame-288478633

I had made amazing plays for most of the match, barring some turns with Skarmory. I knew I would get my comeuppance at the hands of the RNG, and that was exactly what happened. I should have won.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-313250096

For the second time in a row, Latios got crit burned by Fire Punch. This screwed me over, especially when you consider the fact that my extremely wise opponent decided to use Freeze Shock Power Herb Kyurem-B, which is not outclassed by Kyurem-W at all.

Back