• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokkén Dojo: Blasting with Blaziken

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Making this a collab article too so multiple people can give input prior to this being an article. As previously discussed (reference: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364789) we're doing article guides on using a fighter on Pokkén. Article series atm is called Pokkén Dojo: ________, replacing ____ with the fighter's name and all.

Courtesy of 0bs1d1ankn1ght and Hi!, Blaizken has content for an article! I've just taken what was already written and put it together below. Let me know what should be adjusted, any typos, additions to be made, etc!

Things to be added are images (including cover image), and a couple explanations to be finished from what I could find. Bonus is that Wicked3DS may be assisting with some video work as well, e.g. of combos mentioned in the article!

Quote notifications:
    Wicked3DS said:
    Achromatic said:
    0bs1d1ankn1ght said:
    Hi! said:

----------------------------
    See spoiler for article draft:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    if you jump and press either left or right and then Y (Midair <|>, Y),
    "If" needs a capital here.

it's an awesome way to build pressure and they usually don't expect you to dash straight back in and attack after blocking the HJK.
    Same thing with "it's" here at the start.

the opponent is either back up out of range
    It reads better if it's: "the opponent is either going to back up out of range."

I like the way this article was written! No long explanations, and a very snappy style to get the information out. I can't really offer that many comments on anything to add to the article, since I'm not a fighting-game-enthusiast at all!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Just a note that I'm waiting on Wiicked to send me the footage and then I'll be editing it into an accompanying video. I'm thinking I could screencap parts of the video to serve as visual aids for some of the moves? Might need someone's help in actually identifying the moves though :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Cheers for those edits, Astinus - all fixed now!
    Just a note that I'm waiting on Wiicked to send me the footage and then I'll be editing it into an accompanying video. I'm thinking I could screencap parts of the video to serve as visual aids for some of the moves? Might need someone's help in actually identifying the moves though :P
    Sounds good! I can help with the last bit, and there's stuff on serebii or the like as well.

Possible cover image:
    154973l.jpg

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Figured I'd try to help out a bit. I see that there's still a few bits in the draft that need filling in. For this one:
    the aerial vertical fire attack of Blaziken's [NAME?]
    The move doesn't really have a name, it's just called "Midair Side Y" in the game, though that at least tells you what you have to press to do it.

As for here:
    Some other good sets are Cubone/Diglett to maintain offensive pressure, and Frogadier/Eevee, for [REASONS HERE]. Magikarp may be worth using as well, although 0bs1d1ankn1ght suggests ignoring its partner choice in Pachirisu [EXPLANATION HERE]
    Frogadier gives Blaziken an extra ranged option, since it's not amazing at long-range combat, but the more important one here is Eevee, since Helping Hand boosts Attack, making Blaziken's damage output absolutely insane.

I take it Magikarp is suggested as a get off me option that then allows for follow-ups. Not sure though why Pachirisu is suggested to be ignored other than the super long charging time, since it redirects projectile attacks away from the user, which is good for Blaziken since that makes it easier to get in (on Pokemon that use a lot of projectiles anyway, like Braixen or Gardevoir), and as stated Blaziken wants to get in..

The potential cover image posted looks great, just like get something in the upper left on the white there and I think it'd be fantastic.

Years
  • Hope you don't mind me bumping this - was just wondering if this series was going to continue? 0bs1d1anKn1ght has written a few more guides since this one and Ky0greK1ng has just posted a great one on Machamp!

Back