• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner's Corner of Chit-Chat...Corner

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019
Anyone have a shiny nidoking or male nidoran, nidorino they can trade in lets go?? I have shiny pidgeot lv75 and shiny golbat 100 to offer pleeaassee

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hi, I'm new here, just curious do you guys have a discord?
PokeCommunity does indeed have an official Discord server! You can find the link on the main page of the forums under "Community Square". Click the "PokeCommunity Discord" section and you'll be taken to the Discord website to join the server.

Anyone have a shiny nidoking or male nidoran, nidorino they can trade in lets go?? I have shiny pidgeot lv75 and shiny golbat 100 to offer pleeaassee
This thread is intended for chit-chat only. You'll have much better luck finding what you need if you make a thread on this page. Make sure to follow the rules and tag your thread appropriately!

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
I don't see elsewhere I can ask this, so I'll ask this here.

Coming back to pokemon(Mainline not lets go)after awhile, obviously this means building up your stock again. One of the ways I did that before was Soft resetting for good natured/IV'd pokes from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness as the shadow pokemon you get in the game have exclusive moves when you purify them.

So yeah, considering I still have the game lying around and the cables and how much I just love playing the game, **IS** any of the exclusive stuff from it still sought after? Prime examples are- Baton Pass Zapdos, Tri-Attack Togepi(I still have this one, timid) Psycho Boost Lugia, Follow Me Electabuzz, Selfdestruct Snorlax.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I don't see elsewhere I can ask this, so I'll ask this here.

Coming back to pokemon(Mainline not lets go)after awhile, obviously this means building up your stock again. One of the ways I did that before was Soft resetting for good natured/IV'd pokes from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness as the shadow pokemon you get in the game have exclusive moves when you purify them.

So yeah, considering I still have the game lying around and the cables and how much I just love playing the game, **IS** any of the exclusive stuff from it still sought after? Prime examples are- Baton Pass Zapdos, Tri-Attack Togepi(I still have this one, timid) Psycho Boost Lugia, Follow Me Electabuzz, Selfdestruct Snorlax.

Hey there, welcome back!

I'm only speaking from experience on other general trading forums and as a collector myself: those Pokemon definitely have a decent amount of value, enough to warrant their own section in tradesheets (again, speaking from what I've generally seen).

However, it might be important to note that Shadow Pokemon have just been released in Pokemon Go. Considering that Pokemon Home will allow you to transfer Pokemon Go Pokemon to the mainline series, meaning that XD ones won't be the only Shadow Pokemon available anymore. It's still unclear if these Pokemon will be identical to the Gale of Darkness ones or have their own exclusive moves, but it's still important to keep in mind nonetheless.

Doc_2389

Doc
Years
Hello all! I am hoping to fill out my PokeDex, and am wondering if I need to specify that I'd like to trade through the Home App on my phone or how it works. Thanks everyone!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hello all! I am hoping to fill out my PokeDex, and am wondering if I need to specify that I'd like to trade through the Home App on my phone or how it works. Thanks everyone!

Hey there! That's a very good question indeed; I'd definitely specify that you want to trade in Home [only], and hopefully you'll be able to easily broadcast that in the very near future (perhaps a thread tag to help highlight your intentions).

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Hey, popping back on this forum again mostly to look for exactly what Doc is asking - HOME only trades to finish my (living) Dex, as I still don't own a Switch or its games. A thread tag sounds like a good idea!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Hey, popping back on this forum again mostly to look for exactly what Doc is asking - HOME only trades to finish my (living) Dex, as I still don't own a Switch or its games. A thread tag sounds like a good idea!

Not sure if you're aware, but HOME tag is now a thing!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
What is the "Courtesy" time to wait for someone to get back to me about a trade before moving onto other options?

Tough question! It's always hard to judge with things like this; for example, I had asked a commission from an artist a few days ago and he still hasn't replied to me. I have no idea if he's busy, isn't interested or hasn't even seen my email yet. However, there is one way pretty reliable way to tell: has the person been online recently but still hasn't replied to you? If so, and it's been more than enough time for them to consider the trade, then it's safe to say that they're not interested in trading. You can send them a follow-up Direct Message and see if they still want to trade, but be prepared for the scenario where they might not reply once again.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck!

Years
About the older event pokemon is there a legal way to obtain them all info i found is to mess with my internets dns but i dont want to do that. Is it even possible to trade pokemon like arceus? I want to complete my pokemon home dex but it seems i fail at older events.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
About the older event pokemon is there a legal way to obtain them all info i found is to mess with my internets dns but i dont want to do that. Is it even possible to trade pokemon like arceus? I want to complete my pokemon home dex but it seems i fail at older events.

Hey there! First of all, it depends on what you mean by 'legal'; if you mean are the Pokemon obtained in this way are legitimate, then sadly they are considered hacked for all intents and purposes. If you mean 'is it LEGAL legal', then honestly I'm not too sure myself. I think that it's definitely a gray area, as once again you are using outside means to create or modify things within the game. It's about as 'legal' as any other method of hacking the game.

One point that I don't think enough people are aware of is that the DNS method of obtaining hacked event Pokemon is actually very risky. If the DNS server you are connecting to isn't secure or is actually run by a malicious party intending to bait people with 'free' events, then it's as good as opening your front door and giving a burglar the key to your secret basement full of valuables. It provides a VERY easy gateway to get your device hacked and potentially your saved credential and financial information stolen, so I would highly suggest to avoid this method of hacking.

Your best bet of course is the good ol' fashioned way; trade with people who already have the events you need! There is a plethora of veteran traders who were around for those older events, and it's even easier than ever to trade for them as cloning becomes more acceptable and trading online has become easier than ever.

Years
Hey there! First of all, it depends on what you mean by 'legal'; if you mean are the Pokemon obtained in this way are legitimate, then sadly they are considered hacked for all intents and purposes. If you mean 'is it LEGAL legal', then honestly I'm not too sure myself. I think that it's definitely a gray area, as once again you are using outside means to create or modify things within the game. It's about as 'legal' as any other method of hacking the game.

One point that I don't think enough people are aware of is that the DNS method of obtaining hacked event Pokemon is actually very risky. If the DNS server you are connecting to isn't secure or is actually run by a malicious party intending to bait people with 'free' events, then it's as good as opening your front door and giving a burglar the key to your secret basement full of valuables. It provides a VERY easy gateway to get your device hacked and potentially your saved credential and financial information stolen, so I would highly suggest to avoid this method of hacking.

Your best bet of course is the good ol' fashioned way; trade with people who already have the events you need! There is a plethora of veteran traders who were around for those older events, and it's even easier than ever to trade for them as cloning becomes more acceptable and trading online has become easier than ever.

Thanks for the information i try ask in the trading corner realy helpfull and awesome community

Years
Thanks for the information i try ask in the trading corner realy helpfull and awesome community

I readed the rules once more sorry for stupid question..
Other question
If i trade clones i will tell in thread is that ok or do i don't need to include that in description?

Thanks for info

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I readed the rules once more sorry for stupid question..
Other question
If i trade clones i will tell in thread is that ok or do i don't need to include that in description?

Thanks for info

That's a totally valid question!

It's not a rule to specify that the Pokemon is a clone unless the other person asks, but it is generally considered good courtesy to let people know. Most people usually don't mind anyway, so there's no downside to making a small note that the Pokemon is cloned!

Years
That's a totally valid question!

It's not a rule to specify that the Pokemon is a clone unless the other person asks, but it is generally considered good courtesy to let people know. Most people usually don't mind anyway, so there's no downside to making a small note that the Pokemon is cloned!

Thanks for answer i think i will keep the clones and trade the originals

Years

Just want to say, the stuff regarding the risks of DNS modification is not wholly accurate. A DNS server is as it's described on the tin - a "dynamic name server". As in, you tell your computer to go to google. Your computer reaches out to a known destination (a dns server) and says 'hey my user with all their language and words and stuff is looking for this thing called 'google'. Where the heck is that?!?'

From there, the dns server spits back an actual network address and routing info, telling it where to go to actually reach the devices which contain the information we would recognize as the google website. So at that point in the exchange, your computer has not given the dns server any more access than it would say pokecommunity, or any website you visit. A transactional exchange of information occurs, but you're not downloading any files from there, providing any credentials, or anything like that. So the risk is very, very minimal.

The area where risk occurs, is if the sites it directs you to are not legitimate. If you say you're going to google, and it spits back an address and routing info for a machine Pretending to be the google website, when you 'sign in', you've provided those malicious individuals with your google account info and password, allowing harm to occur. Things can escalate quickly from that point, but the lesson is simply this: If you are using questionable DNS info, assume *every* site is fake. Do not go to your bank, or anywhere you use a secure password. Do not sign into anything, and under no circumstances should a transaction be made. Just go to the place you need to go (the site which isn't listed on standard dns), do what you need to do, and then get out and fix your DNS.

Also one more note: If you are told ever you need to modify your DNS to access a site, that's really only partially true. If a site is unlisted, generally you can still get there with its IP address. After all, that's the whole point of a custom DNS, is to allow you to put in common words and get back the actual IP address you're going to. Barring some tricky routing schemes, generally speaking once you get where you want to go, you can open a Command Prompt, ping the website (type in "ping X" and press enter, where X is the website you went to) and it'll show you what the actual IP address is. In the future, rather than change your DNS, try just putting in that IP address and you should hopefully be good to go.

I hope that info helps! Sorry couldn't help but jump in since computer stuff is kinda my thing :-)

A question that I have: I'm getting ready to catch Red Gyrados in HG. I am not into shinys myself, other than as trade bait. My main goal is to get as complete of a National Dex as possible, so I'd be bringing it forward into Home and seeing if anyone has interest in trading it for something I need (like a legendary or mythic or event pokemon or something). To maximize its trade value, what should I catch it in? A Luxury Ball, since it's the best ball, and doubles friendship gain for the recipient? An Apriball, like the Moon or Lure Ball? Something else?

Thanks!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years

I wasn't fully aware of the full DNS server (Dynamic Name Server server? Man I hate my work sometimes) mode of operation, but what you said makes sense! I believe the origin of my advice comes more from the fact that event spoofing in Gen 4/5 uses DNS modification, and I was warning users that DNS addresses they are told to put in to access old events in this manner aren't the most trustworthy. Sadly, it's just another example of people using a cool piece of technology for malicious purposes...

As for Red Gyrados, it mostly depends on the person you're trading it too. I believe that Apriballs tend to be slightly more desired above over all of the other Pokeballs, though which Apriball can strongly vary from one Pokemon to another. I think that Moon Ball is always a safe bet, but you might get much better advice by asking potential traders and seeing what they want!

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jul 20, 2023
Does anyone know how to corrupt a Pokemon sword or shield save file because I saw a YouTube video where a guy corrupted his save file (but he hacked it to corrupt the save file) but he went to home and was able to basically clone his Pokemon because they were going through home but not getting taken from the game. However if you put pokemon into the game from home in the game the Pokemon you put in disappears but it was still the currupted save file

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Does anyone know how to corrupt a Pokemon sword or shield save file because I saw a YouTube video where a guy corrupted his save file (but he hacked it to corrupt the save file) but he went to home and was able to basically clone his Pokemon because they were going through home but not getting taken from the game. However if you put pokemon into the game from home in the game the Pokemon you put in disappears but it was still the currupted save file

If I understood correctly, you want to corrupt your save file as per the YouTube video to glitch clone Pokemon, is that right? I'm not really aware of this method myself, but personally I would strongly recommend against it as corrupting your save file can easily lead to you losing all of your save data at best, and bricking your game cart and rendering your game completely unplayable at worst. Even in the 'safer' methods of using third party software and/or tools (like Action Replay, PKHeX, etc.), there's always the risk that you could brick your game, which is why I pretty much keep copies of my collection across completely different mediums in case one day a simple and easy clone ends up destroying my cart. Always, always, ALWAYS proceed with caution.

Back