• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Z: A Kalos Journey - Rebirth [M] [IC]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
q8RedkB.jpg

Solid Steel
Shalour City Plaza - October 3rd - 8 PM

"Welcome! Welcome one and all to the first battle of our illustrious grand tournament!" Korrina's grandfather, head successor and mayor of Shalour city stood in the middle of the illuminated grand arena. The stands had all but filled in and only a few seats remained, Professor Sycamore sat relatively alone in one of the rows at the very front of the action. Unlike other sporting events, most people flt uneasy when sitting so close to something like a pokémon battle.

Yet his students were participating and his battle was a while off yet, so even sitting alone in this he was excited to see them up close and in their element. They had always shown such promise... but before now he had always felt like he was watching them from afar. He hadn't gotten many opportunities to watch them so directly... let alone to potentially battle them himself. It was exciting for certain.

"I have a bit of a surprise for all of you, even those watching at home..." Gurkinn continued. "Excited as I was to judge the upcoming battles myself... when I was approached by a young man who asked if he could do so as a guest of the city, I really couldn't refuse. I am lead to believe he's someone many of you may recognize...?" There was a hushed murmur of confusion throughout the audience as Gurkinn smiled slyly. With a wave of his arm he gestured skyward... and descending from above was a large, blue metal pokémon, which screeched out a metallic cry.

"Introducing our competition's guest referee! Mr. Steven Stone!"

Spoiler:

The crowd immediately burst into cheers and cries of approval as the massive metagross touched down on the floor, standing on its back with a few polite waves was the champion of Hoenn himself. Steven quickly stepped off from his partners back and tapped his side as his personal fanfare began to blare over the speakers. Gurkinn smiled and handed the mic to the Champion as explosions of silver confetti rocketed out over the stands.

"People of Kalos... it is my honor to be here today amidst you all! I am full glad that I've been granted this opportunity, the chance to stand proud as a judge of this competition!" To his words the crowd let out another cheer and Steven gave a light bow.

"The Mega Evolution brought to the world by Shalour City has been a boon that changed the face of competitive battling as we know it. Something we know full well..." Steven flourished, pulling a pin from the collar of his suit... glistening atop the metal trinket was a glowing prismatic keystone. "Isn't that right... Metagross?!"

With a burst of rainbow colored energy Metagross launched itself upwards, floating effortlessly through the air until a sphere of light enshrouded its form. With another, more powerful cry, that echoed throughout the festival and caused a light wind to rustle through the hair of the onlookers. As the light shattered and splintered into fragments of falling prismatic light, Steven's eyes began to glow with a similar colour in response to Metagross' new form.

8376-Mega-Metagross.png

"Now my friends..." Steven said with a charming smile, spreading his arms out to the people of Shalour City in welcome as Metagross continued upwards, surveying the plaza from above.

"Let the battles commence!"

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cpy0DVv.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
kirlia.png
rhyhorn.png
magneton.png
gligar.png

[FONT="Oswald"]Mega Evolution, part 1[/FONT]
Tower of Mastery
She was in the last tournament bracket, so Odette still had quite some time to kill before her scheduled battle. Since everyone else was focusing on the festival grounds now however, she saw her chance - the path to the Tower of Mastery should be open. Nobody in her way of getting that famed Keystone.

Odette was well aware that Gardevoir, her Grace's final form, was known to be able to Mega Evolve. She'd seen displays of the Pokémon's awesome power before, under the command of Diantha, in Kalos leagues of previous years, and was determined to follow that example. With her dearest Grace at her side, and access to that level of might... no one would be able to ignore or withstand her, ever again.

As she breached the entrance to the stone structure, she was greeted with a quiet main room. A mosaic on the floor stretched out before her, naturally guiding her eye, from the pedestal at the center of the room to the massive stone walls that made up the tower's exterior. Though the evening was rapidly approaching, the setting sun's rays provided a spectacle of light as they shone through the tall windows of stained glass.

The scene filled Odette with excitement. She quickly made her way up the stairs, eager to find someone to guide her further, but the tower seemed deserted. Climbing higher and higher, and passing by several balconies where clear traces of battle were left, but she still couldn't see or hear anyone. Did the successors all leave for the festival too? Had she come too late?

She stopped on one of the top balconies to catch her breath, and decided to go outside to at least catch the view. It was magnificent to say the least... but the view wasn't what she'd come here for. She called out Grace, to share the moment with her, at least. The Kirlia cried happily and danced around in the evening sun for a bit, as Odette leaned back against the handrail and couldn't help but smile.

"You, who seeks to challenge this place of power."

Both the girl and her Pokémon froze in place as the sound of a low, masculine voice suddenly echoed out from the balcony doors. Odette called Grace to her side, before slowly stepping forward. Before she reached them however, a silhouette wrapped in a dark cloak stepped out from the doorway.

"Are you… one of the successors?" Odette asked.

Without a word, the man stretched out his arm, revealing a Pokéball in his hand… and the Keystone on his belt.

"Are you ready to endure this challenge?"

"Wh— Er, what are you talking about?"

"Only those who can measure themselves against the might of Mega-Evolution… can hope to wield it themselves."

The man made another sudden movement, throwing his Pokéball on the floor, and the ball seemed to break open to release his partner. An Alakazam stepped out of the light and let out an imposing cry. Odette and Grace instinctively braced themselves, but the successor wasn't finished. Without so much as looking at each other, the Pokémon and trainer activated their respective stones, and the Mega Evolution was set in motion. When it finished, the now even more threatening Alakazam floated forward.

"You mean… we have to fight?"

"Fight and win. Use all your Pokémon. If you can defeat my Alakazam… I will acknowledge your power."

"Then…"

Odette gestured for Grace to stand back. She needed to measure the strength of this Pokémon before letting it touch her partner. Instead, she sent out a Pokémon that should resist their Psychic moves effectively. "Come out, my Triplets."

The Magneton was summoned forth, and focused itself on the Alakazam before it. The Triplets were intelligent, instantly realising the gravity of the situation they were in. Still, their rigid form did not sense or take the nervosity of their trainer.

"Very well. You may begin," the successor declared calmly.

Odette didn't need to hear that twice. "Start with a Screech, moving into Flash Cannon!"

Keeping their distance, the Triplets released a deafening metallic sound. The Alakazam seemed momentarily fazed, but as soon as the noise stopped, it simply shook its head slowly, and trained its eyes upon the Magneton once more. The latter returned the gaze, and pointed its magnets forward, charging a silvery beam in front of it, and released it immediately after.

"Too slow."

The beam crashed into the wall to the side of the successor. Odette's eyes widened as the beam missed its target. Much worse, as the Alakazam barely even moved its muscles, two of the spoons floating above its head crossed, before exuding a red aura, that shocked through the air and made the Triplets shudder.

"What was that?" Odette almost whispered, but she fought off her apprehension. "Try again! Flash Cannon!"

Her Magneton tried to still itself, but as soon as it tried to charge up another silver beam, its body shook and immediately grew limp - Flash Cannon had been effectively Disabled.

"This has taken too long already. Alakazam." The successor didn't even have to finish his command for the Alakazam to start moving. Another two of its spoons floated forward, and started spinning, as they created a blue orb of light in front of it. Odette did recognize that attack.

"No! Wait, come back!" she quickly grabbed her Pokéball to try and switch the Triplets out - but Alakazam activated its Traced Magnet Pull ability and prevented it from leaving the battlefield.
"Wha— No! Use Discharge!"

Her desperation was audible, and the Triplets had calculated their chances at this point. Using the very magnetic field that was preventing their escape, they charged their electric power up quickly, and rushed to slam into the Alakazam. The Psychic-type opened its eyes, and shot a Focus Blast straight for the Magneton's body. The latter released its charge simultaneously, creating a massive shock across the entire field of battle, sparks flying even near the trainers. Lightning coursed through the Alakazam evidently, but it couldn't hold the Focus Blast at bay. Shooting through the electric field, a single super-effective blast knocked her Magneton to the floor.

Down and out. Odette had thought she knew the power of Mega Evolution. Returning the Magneton to her Pokéball, she clenched her fist around it. Grace cried out and hugged her trainer's leg for support, but Odette paid her no mind. She grabbed her next Pokémon's ball, and threw it forward with a yell.

"Go, Armand!"

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

The Moment of Truth

add255f9f795d27067587f7313141a0f.gif
Sebastian Allender

654.png
620.png
478.png
744MS.png
570.png
722.png

Shalour Gym

A Braixen, huh? She'll save her Flash Canons for later, then. "Lucario, Bone Rush!"

A large bone shaped club appears in Lucario's hands, which he wields as a mighty staff, as he quickly rushes towards his new opponent: The Speed from Hawlucha's Agility making his movements appear as little more than a blue blur.

"Selkie, jump up! Use Psychic Terrain!"

Selkie leaps up as the speedy blur descends upon her, the swing of his bone grazing her tail as she takes to the air. The fiery fox tucks her body into a ball as she summersaults through the air, her branch glowing an ethereal purple that bleeds into the ground below, soon enveloping the entire rink with the glowing, mystic energy. Sebastian smiles as the terrain sweeps over him; the energy that seeps through the ground makes him feel lighter, much easier to keep going. As soon as her feet touch the ground, that energy flows through Selkie as well, her fur taking on a vibrant sheen as the new power flows into her.

"Again, Lucario! Bone Rush!"

With hardly as far to run this time around, Lucario is within swinging distance of Selkie in an instant, only pausing long enough to flinch from the wisp's burn rising through his body again.

"Psychic!"

Selkie squeezes her eyes shut, preparing for the impact of the club, as her body bursts to life with the vibrant glow of energy, which gathers around Lucario and stops his assault.

"Throw him back!" If Selkie gets hit with that Bone Club, their chances of victory will be slashed. Their best chance is to keep the speedy jackal as far away as possible.

Selkie whisks her branch backward, sending the fighting type flying to the other side of the rink. Lucario lands on his feet, albeit heavily, and immediately begins speeding back, refusing to lose ground.

"Lucario, use Aura Sphere!"

As he runs, Lucario collects the blue energy between his palms, forcing it towards the running fox, striking her in the back.

"Flame Thrower!"

As she falls forward, Selkie manages to right herself, turning onto her back in mid-air and aiming her branch, which aims a powerful burst of flames. The terrain around the fox allows her to glide just above the ground as she sends her attack spiraling towards the enemy.

Lucario stumbles as the burn flares through his body, only to be scorched by the sea of flames. As the fires disperse, Lucario staggers forward, then stumbles, an alarm blaring through the arena.

"Lucario has fallen too far behind. By league rules, Lucario is unable to battle." A robotic voice rings out.

"Sorry, Lucario." Korrina sighs as she returns her Pokemon. Sebastian's put her in a real spot, but she's far from given up! "You're back in, Hawlucha!"

Hawlucha returns to the battlefield, the burns that scorched his feathers long gone, eager to avenge his fallen comrade. "Let's go, Flying Press!"

Hawlucha flies forward until his shadow is cast right over the Braixen, and then his body begins to descend, determined to crush the fire type under his own weight.

"Roll, and Psychock!"

Selkie tucks her legs to her chest and rolls away from the quickly dropping Hawlucha, then summons her shards of energy; each bigger and brighter than the last time they were used, thanks to the power of the terrain boosting their power. They collect around the fighting type and strike, piercing into his body as he hits the ground with a heavy thud. Even Selkie seems surprised by the power she just brought forth, which has left the masked fighter momentarily dazed.

This is it, Hawlucha's given them an opening. "Finish this, Selkie! Flame Thrower!"

Shock leaves Selkie's face, replaced with determination as she points her branch towards the luchador, bringing forth another blaze of furious flames to envelope the ring.

Another alarm rings. Selkie's barrage of attacks kept Hawlucha still for too long.

"Hawlucha has fallen too far behind. By league rules, Hawlucha is unable to battle. The challenger is the winner."

Sebastian breathes in a sigh of relief as he slows his stride, his eyes closing-- just long enough to cause him to stagger, and stumble. As he rights himself, he can feel a set of talons latched into his hair; Takumi has flown to him, and grabbed his hair in an attempt to keep him from crashing down.

"Phew, what a fight!" Korrina brims from ear to ear as she glides towards Sebastian.

"Your style is intense, I could barely keep up." Sebastian smiles, exhaustion evident in his eyes, Takumi now perched on his head as he slows his blades to a stop.

"Yeah, but you did!" Korrina encourages as she reaches into her pocket, and then holds her hand out to Sebastian. "And that's why I'm proud to present you with this badge! You guys were great out there!"

Sebastian takes the badge in his hand as Selkie trots towards her trainer, letting out an excited battle cry. She hops upward, her paw meeting her trainer's free hand in an excited high five.

Three badges down...many more to go. They've managed another step forward.

End

104.png
764MS.png
414MS.png
676MS.png
747MS.png
581.png

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
q8RedkB.jpg

A Game of Strategy
Shalour City Plaza - October 3rd - 8:10 PM

Jackson didn't like this guy.

As he stepped out into the arena with a calm expression plastered on his face he saw Professor Sycamore nodding to him from the stands. Nice to see the guy had managed to make it. Steven Stone himself had taken the stage as the guest referee, an honor really, even in his eyes. Yet this guy, his opponent, with his weirdly smug face and shit tier fashion sense (what was up with the dumb paper on his hat anyway?). Jackson immediately didn't like him. He couldn't quite tell why.

"Good people of Shalour City! We have our first match!" Steven called out to the crowd, arms outstretched as they cheered, taking his microphone he moved swiftly to Jackson's opponent, the young man still smiling that smug grin. "Good evening to you, young trainer... tell us your name and why you're here today!"

"My name? Czar... and to put it bluntly Mr. Stone I'm here to win." He turned his gaze towards Jackson, his smug smile growing ever so slightly. "...and so far I'm quite confident I shall." The crowd gave a smattering of applause and Jackson squinted his gaze in annoyance. Oh yeah, he really really didn't like this guy. That smug, arrogant attitude... overconfidence in the face of defeat... and the way he talked, he was like that fancy ass Hessel, but somehow even worse. At least Hessel could pull it off, this guy seemed like a pompous prick AND a poser all wrapped into one.

Naw, this wasn't gonna fly.

Raising an eyebrow at Czar but saying nothing, Steven quickly glided to the other side of Jackson and held the microphone to him, asking him the exact same questions. "My name is Jackson Crane." He began... before sneering aggressively at his opponent. "...and I'm here to kick this scumbag out of the running in the very first round." Many members of the audience began to murmur disapprovingly at Jackson's tone... but for a brief moment the trainer could have sworn he caught the Champion smirk.

"Very well, trainers! Call forth your pokémon... and let the battle begin!"

Without a word Jackson gave a soft whistle, from her perch on a nearby building Wave fluttered downwards, landing in front of Jackson on the arena. Her wings were held neatly against her sides and her eyes shone brightly under the floodlights set up around the plaza and the white moon reflecting down above.

"Hmm.. tell me Jackson, do you ever play chess?" The boy across the field remarked loudly, enough so that Jackson could hear him. "Don't quite see how that's relevant Carl." Jackson sighed, not wanting to waste time with pleasantries. His opponent squinted in annoyance but quickly regained his composure. "It's Czar... and I'm afraid that was a foolish question. No, of course you don't." He smirked before grabbing the pokéball from his belt. "Much like in pokémon battling, it's a back and forth game of strategy and tactics. Wits striking back and forth, until a winner comes about. Usually however, an advantage can be attained early by he who makes a grand first move... and the outcome can be decided before things even get properly underway."

"Can you get to the point...?" Jackson grumbled, his patience already running thin. "My point..." Czar continued. "Is that this battle is already my victory, for the type advantage will gladly win the day! This pokémon was captured at a pique of strength and has already improved, with its natural edge this battle will be child's play! Moira!" With a flick of his wrist, Czar sent the pokéball flying and a small green pokémon appeared on the field. Jackson vaguely recognized it from study, Larvitar, Ground and... Rock? Was this why he was so confident.

"Cross Poison... then do that new thing girl." Jackson spoke before Czar could go into another rant. Wave, equally as determined to shut her opponent up, immediately dashed forward and swiped her wings outwards in an X shaped motion, the tips of each dragging purple poison energy through the air that cut deep into the small Larvitar before her. "Ha! Trying to take the advantage with such a predictable first strike... now Moira, strike out with rock slide!"

Jackson, rather oddly gave Wave no order to dodge or weave. Professor Sycamore raised an eyebrow from the audience, it really wasn't like his student to have stage fright of all things. What was he playing at? Steven Stone, on the other hand, smiled gently again. He saw through Jackson's tactic... and it was only confirmed for him when Wave the Crobat took the attack head on, rocks slamming the purple body into the ground and throwing up dust.

Yet, the poison pokémon made no sound, not even a whimper of pain.

"Heh, well Jackson a valiant effort but as I said, this battle is already won... Moira, finish your opponent off, rock blast until there's no way it could still be moving!" Through the dust, Czar's larvitar continued to throw rock after rock, losing itself in the rage of battle, the dust cloud grew larger and larger. Eventually it was hard to see through the whirling grains of dirt and sand and only when it had reached both sides of the arena did Czar see fit to order his pokémon to stop.

"You know Jackson, I would have accepted an immediate surrender... it was cruel of you to put your pokémon into a situation where it was so clearly outmatched." He mocked and jeered, but still Jackson did't respond, his expression wasn't one of anger or upset. In fact, oddly enough he looked bored.

Czar prepared himself for a victory speech, his arms were outstretched in a pose imitating the champion who watched their fight. The grin on his face was so filled with arrogance that it was palpable. However, as the smoke cleared his smirk began to swiftly fade. "W-wait..." Left sitting amidst the pile of rocks wasn't the purple form of a Crobat... but a rather battered and bruised stuffed toy that vaguely resembled one. After but a few moments of being seen, the damage it had sustained was too much... and it poofed out of existence as quickly as it had appeared.

"Supersonic."

In an instant Wave dropped down from above where she had been perched on the floodlights, watching the Larvitar's little show. Usually she would have tossed her predatory instinct aside when battling such a small opponent, however she had seen the animosity with which her foes had thrown rock after rock at "her" form. She was less than pleased.

As she dropped down suddenly, wings outstretched against the suddenly terrified Larvitar, Wave unleashed a screech so loud it caused Czar and a few members of the audience to hold their ears. Larvitar had no time for such a defense however, its hearing was shot and its senses frazzled, it spun around on the spot for a few moments trying to get its bearings. "Moira! Rock Throw!" Czar called out, but as his pokémon attempted to summon a stone to throw, her confusion lead her to drop it harshly on her own head.

"Wave. Poison fang, then take the lil' shit for a ride." Wave grinned darkly, before opening her maw and driving her fangs into the Larvitar's horn. It did little to no damage due to the typing, but her rip was solid enough. Holding on tightly with her maw, Wave soared upwards, dragging Moira skywards above the battlefield.

"M-Moira! Do something! Anything!" Czar cried out, but all the little pokémon could do was flail.

"Huh..." Jacksonn mumbled, yet in the awed silence it was enough for Czar to hear. His panicked gaze turning to Jackson, who held a small silver disk in his hand. The TM for substitute... which he had purchased at a stall just before the tournament had begun. "What was that you said...? Making a move early on...? Decidin' the outcome before the battle even starts? Not bad advice, shithead. I knew this move'd come in handy, never could'a guessed it'd be so soon."

"Y-You...!" Czar challenged angrily, taking a small step forward, but not much else before Jackson spoke again.

"Cross Poison." With a single swift movement, Wave tossed the Larvitar upwards and angled herself just right. The very second Moira fell passed, Wave curled herself up tight and unleashed the full brunt of her attack, adding momentum and canonballing the larvitar straight into the stone floor below. Hard. With a small whimpering cry, the first stage pokémon bounced once, before rolling slowly to her trainers feet.

She was left unconscious on impact. The battle was already over.

Czar was speechless, utterly decimated on the field of battle, played for a fool on national television. Struggling to find the words to say, he looked at Jackson flabbergasted... desperately looking to find a way to reclaim some pride. However, as Jackson mockingly took the same victory pose that he had previously, a single word spoken from the uncouth young man's mouth served to strip him of what little he had left.

"Checkmate."

Czar stared in an abject silence, the crowd waiting for his reaction... until gritting his teeth and returning his pokémon to its ball, he turned and stormed away into the streets. Utterly humiliated.

"And our first winner... is Jackson Crane!" Steven called out, his voice echoing over the mic... and the crowd went wild.

Jackson sneered at Czar's back as he walked away. Wave landed on his shoulder and he turned to walk back out of the plaza. Content to watch and wait for his next battle to come.

He could only hope that his next opponent wouldn't be such an idiot.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cpy0DVv.jpg

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
The Emma Kuzunoha Case Files

RESERVE

roselia.png
lucario.png
arcanine.png
espeon.png
lapras.png
milotic.png

96px-371Bagon.png
detective

Episode 6: Shalour City "The Tournament"

"Let's go, Tentacruel!!"

A Tentacruel rose up from the energy of the released Pokeball, right from an opposing trainer's hand. It was Emma's turn in the tournament, and with everyone watching things were a bit nerve wracking at first, but in a way, this tournament was something... Emma needed. Something to keep her mind off things and focus on the energetic and exciting battles ahead. Emma's first opponent was a swimmer named Leanne, who had a Tentacruel up for battle. There was something about Leanne herself that Emma couldn't put her finger on... was she someone Emma had seen before? Curious, but not world shattering.

Emma pondered on what Pokemon she needed to use. She wanted someone strong, yet stable enough to take on the pressure of these battles... after a brief moment, she had decided. "Alright then," she started. "I choose Titani--" owever, she was cut off, by a sudden opening off one of her pokeballs form her handbag. It was none other than Drago the Bagon, who popped out from his pokeball. "...Drago..."

Drago was more of a go-getter in Emma's pokemon group; he loved fighting, and defeating challenging opponents. Perhaps the lust for battle from this atmosphere made him pop out? "...I suppose you want to battle?" Emma asked him, as Drago responded with a confident yet nonchalant nod. Emma thought about it... Drago was not her first choice, but, it was a respectable one. She nodded back in agreement. "Alright then. Let's go, Drago!"

Drago greeted the battlefield with a loud roar, spitting out flames towards the sky. His battle cry. He then leaped more out in front of Emma, facing and staring down his aquatic opponent with ferocity. Tentacruel responded in kind, by vigorously waving around it's many poisonous tentacles. All that was left was the signal by the Champion.

"And now... let the battle begin!"

"Drago! DRAGONBREATH!" Emma shouted. Drago gathered up waves of mysterious energy from within himself to release a blast of strong vapor, sending it right to the Tentacruel.

"Uuuuuse BUBBLEBEAM!" Leanne ordered. Her Tentacruel released a strong stream of bubbles, colliding with the Dragonbreath attack, resulting in a blast that neutralized both attacks. Things looked even, for now. There was then a thick cloud of fog that enhanced the battlefield. "Now! CONSTRICT!" there was then a steady march of tentacles from Tentacruel, under the guise of the smoke. Drago barely managed to evade each of them, until it got blinded sided by two, as it coiled around him. The force released the vapor, making the two pokemon clearly shown. Tentacruel was holding Drago up. "Perfect! Now, BUBBLEBEAM!"

"Quick, Drago! Bite it!" Emma responded. Drago bit down on Tentacruel's tentacles as hard as he could, causing tentacruel to release it. Drago stood on both of its legs, back on the ground. "Now! HEADBUTT!" He then charged back right in, lowering his head intending to charge right against Tentacruel.

"Use Barrier!" Tentacruel activated a small barrier that covered itself around it. The protective shield blocked Drago's Headbutt, causing Drago to be pushed back a bit in the air. "Now! Screech!" Tentacruel then emitted loud soundwaves, right at the mid-air Drago, hurling him a few feet.

"Quick! EMBER!" Emma called out. During mid-flight, Drago released a swarm of flames from it's mouth, coming in contact to the Tentacruel, fending him off and causing it to stagger for a brief moment. Drago landed to the ground, landing on his stomach.

"Get up, Drago!" Emma encouraged. It slowly risen to it's feet. It took damage, but it was enraged more than before; even more fired up to battle. "Focus your Energy!" ordered Emma, as Drago collected his focus to the top of his head, directing the focus of his damage to a more singular point. "Now! Another Headbutt!"

"POISON JAB!"

Drago and Tentacruel both charged in the field, performing both of their separate attacks. Drago's Headbutt charge, collided with Tentacruel's poisonous jab, resulting in a collision that whipped up a strong force, causing wind to feedback from it, causing both trainers to endure the ongoing force to avoid being pushed back.

Miraculously, both pokemon remained in tact. "Another Headbutt! Go!!" Emma quickly ordered. Drago responded in kind, charging right back towards his opponent.

"Barrier!" retaliated Leanne. Her Tentacruel once again put up a strong barrier, blocking Drago's attack. She then tried to get the upperhand, commanding her Tentacruel to fire off a strong Water Pulse. Drago battled back, releasing an equally powerful Dragonbreath, colliding the two attacks in a stalemate once more. But Drago charged right back in with another Headbutt, only to be repelled once again by Tentacruel's barrier. Drago was hurled away, landing on his back on the ground, but soon was able to recover back on his feet.

As long as it keeps up that Barrier, we can't get any Physical attacks through... Emma thought, but in a strange twist... she smiled a bit. How strange... Just the challenge of trying to beat this opponent.. excites me! It was actually quite a long while since Emma battled for fun, and this was the match to help her do it. "Headbutt it again! You can do it!!" she cheered on. Drago charged right in, with even more speed, towards his target.

"You can try and try, all you want, Emma!" Leanne boasted. "Barrier will just block it!" Her Tentacruel sent up its Barrier once more, as Drago collided with it. But this time, it remained engaged with the barrier, trying it's best to push it back. As it pushed, it grew frustrated, then frustrated, then enraged. Eventually, then was then a glow coming from him. The glow vibrated to blue waves, crashing upon the barrier. There was then a strong, blue light, covering the field in a marvelous bluw glow. Emma and Leanne both observed, as Drago... seemed to be slowly having an advantage.

"That's way too strong to be a Headbutt..." Emma observed. "...Wait! Could it be... Zen Headbutt? Drago learned a new move!" Drago let out it's fierce growl, as the blue pulse from it's new and stronger Zen Headbutt, pushed back against Tentacruel's barrier. A moment's notice later, the Barrier started to crack. Then crack some more. Eventually, the barrier was shattered into pieces.

"Alright!!" Emma cheered. "GO! ZEN HEADBUTT!"

"POISON JAB! QUICKLY!!"

The two attacks from both pokemon collided once more... and for the final time. Drago's new attack was gaining the upper hand, pushing back the Tentacruel as Tentacruel desperately tried to find leverage, using all it's might to overpower Drago. Eventually there became a large boom, sending the field upon a strong gust of wind, and dust.

The dust eventually settled, with Drago standing on top of his fallen opponent. Tentacruel was on the ground, and it didn't get back up. Leanne collected her breath, sending Tentacruel back into its pokeball, sending Drago to drop on the ground, on it's feet, releasing it's Draognbreath in the air, declaring it's victory.

Soon, both of the trainers looked at each other... then gave a warm smile, as they both approached each other, giving each other a handshake as the crowd applauded the match.

"Whew... good match!" Leanne complimented. "More of a work out than swimming, I'll tell ya'!"

"It was fun. Thank you!" Emma thanked in kind. "By the way... have we met? I can't help but think I've seen you before somewhere."

"Mmm.. no, I don't think we have," Leanne explained with a shrug. But she then looked solumly down on the ground, trotting away from the field. This was a nagging question to Emma. She probably hadn't met this person before, but... what if she had seen someone who looked like her? And where? It was not too distant ago... Emma had almost put her finger on it...

"The winner is, Emma Kuzunoha!" called out Steven Stone, which disrupted her train of thought. She sighed. It was probably nothing too worry about anyway, she thought, as she waved to the crowd.

Unknown to her, however... Leanne turned back to her to watch her, blended in from the crowd. "If anyone can help me, it's her..."

The Tournament...
To be Continued

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
kirlia.png
rhyhorn.png
magneton.png
gligar.png

[FONT="Oswald"]Mega Evolution, part 2[/FONT]
Tower of Mastery
Second to face the Mega Alakazam was Odette's little Gligar. Excitable as ever, having already won two battles today, Armand stretched its arms and took off gliding through the air… blissfully unaware of the tension hanging in it.

"We shall continue."

The successor's voice still betrayed no emotion. No further commands were necessary for the Alakazam to proceed into action. With another sleight of hand, the Pokémon evoked a barrier around itself - one Odette recognized as Reflect. It seems it knew what the Gligar could be capable of.

"Well, there's no helping that… Feint Attack!"

Armand twirled in the air before shooting towards the Alakazam with unpredictable movements. The opponent made no effort to dodge this time, but seemed to simply meditate: likely employing a Calm Mind to increase its resilience as well. It flinched when the Dark-type move struck, but with the barrier up and their sheer difference in power, the Alakazam hardly seemed to mind. In retaliation, it grabbed one of its spoons out of the air and seemed to slice at the Gligar next to it. Armand narrowly dodged, the Psycho Cut whizzing past.

"Impressive. However—"

"X-Scissor!"

Odette tried to interrupt before their opponent could form its next strategy. Armand lunged at the Alakazam once more, slashing both of its claws in a cross. Its target tried to move away once more, but was too slow this time, allowing Gligar's attack to hit it head-on. Odette could've sworn she saw a hint of electrical charge hindering the Alakazam's movements. Perhaps her Triplets had managed to leave a mark on her opponent after all.

It seemed the successor had noticed too. For the first time, he tutted in frustration. Odette took this as a small victory, but expected him to retaliate too. "Armand, don't relent! Another X-Scissor!"

Armand growled and jumped up once more, but this time the Alakazam was ready. Raising a hand, he focused his gaze upon Armand, and imprisoned his consciousness with its own. Psychic took effect, and immobilized the Ground-type in mid-air, before expelling it from its grasp, slamming it into the floor.

Odette gasped and froze. The battlefield fell silent for a moment, and Odette grasped for her Pokéball to retrieve Armand… until with a pained cry, it raised a claw from the floor, and slowly scrambled to its feet. It raised its wing and tried to growl angrily, but its injuries made it less than threatening.

"Armand… No, that's enough! Come back!" She tried to return him to his Pokéball, but Gligar took to the air and persistently avoided the beams. His flight was limp, but he was determined - making its claw glow, it made ready to Slash at Alakazam, but the latter had its eyes trained on its opponent. With a flick of its wrist, it struck Armand mid-flight with a merciless Psycho Cut.

The exhausted Gligar fell to the ground unconscious, and Odette quickly returned him. She shot a furious glance at the successor, but their face was barely even visible underneath their hood.

"Why would you do that?! I was going to return him! There was no need to finish him off like that!"

The man paid her no mind. "Your next Pokémon."

Odette frustratedly took her Rhyhorn's Pokéball. Grace tugged on Odette's sleeve this time, insisting she take the field first, but Odette took her hands away and shook her head. "You're my trump card, Grace. I'll need you at the end. Go, Rhyhorn!"

With a loud roar, her third Pokémon was released onto the battlefield. The Rhyhorn was easily taller than Alakazam, something that reassured Odette immensely. Surely, it wouldn't be able to throw him around that easily.

"Start off with a Rock Blast!" Odette called out.

Her Rhyhorn growled and stomped down on the floor, summoning pieces of rock and stone to fling at its foe. Alakazam made to dodge the first few, but its paralysis slowed it down enough to be pelted by two of the larger rocks after all.

"Excellent! Use Scary Face!"

Rhyhorn lunged forward, and changed its expression to be as terrifying and intimidating as it could. If it affected the Alakazam, it wasn't readily apparent - the Psychic-type just seemed to close its eyes to meditate.

Odette had no time to wonder what other tricks could be up its sleeve. "Rhyhorn, get in close! Drill Run!"

The lumbering Rock-type made its horn spin like a drill, adding an intimidating noise to the sound of its heavy feet galloping across the balcony. Only when it drew near did Odette notice two of Alakazam's spoons were missing, and she instantly shouted to stop.

Rhyhorn could barely jump to the side as Alakazam slid sideways, revealing two of its spoons charging up a Focus Blast before releasing it straight ahead. The attack shot past the Rhyhorn barely, grazing its hide, but seemed to do no serious damage.

"Come on! Drill Run, now!" Odette shouted, her voice shaking. She knew if that Focus Blast hit head on, even her giant Rhyhorn could be done for. For now however, the Rock-type managed to jump up and drive its horn straight into the Alakazam's side, causing it to waver and whimper for the first time. Odette internally cheered, but this was her moment to strike. "Megahorn!"

With another bellow, Rhyhorn charged up its horn with Bug-type energy. Odette braced herself, knowing this could make or break the battle. Her Pokémon lowered its head, ready to strike - but right then, the Alakazam grabbed the Rhyhorn's forehead, and seemed to leap over it. The attack was lost to the air, while Alakazam instantly employed its technique to Disable the super effective move again. Odette bit her lip in frustration: she'd been trying to bait it into disabling one of its other moves, but it seemed the Psychic-type knew exactly which threats to eliminate.

"Psycho Cut."

Suddenly, the successor actually used a command. Were they trying to throw her off? "Rhyhorn, on your guard! Use Drill Run again!"

Rhyhorn loudly blew out air from its nostrils, eyeing the Alakazam suspiciously, but then moved in to strike with another Drill Run. The Alakazam raised its arm, unleashing the Psycho Cut as anticipated. Rhyhorn managed to dodge, and continued its attack… but even though the Alakazam was right in front of it, it was suddenly struck in the side by a large blue beam.

"A Focus Blast?! But from where?" Odette panicked slightly, until two other spoons caught her eye. She clenched her fists. Rhyhorn groaned, having been dragged over the floor a few metres. It didn't lose its footing, but the attack left it panting as a large crack could be seen in its rocky side.

"Can you keep going?" Odette almost whispered, wondering more than actually asking, but the Rhyhorn responded regardless. With another loud bellow, it ran straight towards the Alakazam, this time hitting it with a Take Down head-on. It flinched, but quickly took some distance from the Rhyhorn. Without providing opportunity to respond, it struck the Pokémon in its vulnerably side with another Psycho Cut.

Though it managed to do some damage to the Alakazam, Rhyhorn too was at the end of its rope. With another pained groan, the Rock-type collapsed onto the floor.

Alakazam seemed to clear its throat, before focusing its gaze upon Odette once more.

The girl grit her teeth and recalled Rhyhorn to the safety of its Pokéball. After the slaughter her Pokémon had gone through so far, she didn't have the heart to look back and ask Grace to fight for her. Even if the Alakazam had taken damage, even if it was paralyzed - she wasn't sure Grace could win. In that case… was it even worth subjecting her to this?

She was snapped out of her trance by the Kirlia placing her hand over her own. With a quiet chirp, Grace reassured her that she could fight. She then turned her back to her trainer and stepped out onto the battlefield. Alakazam watched quietly, while the successor nodded curtly.

"Finally, we will see the one whom you've been so desperate to protect."

Odette took her time this time around, causing Grace to gaze back at her for a moment. As soon as the two's eyes met, Odette shouted her first command.

"Disarming Voice!"

Kirlia cried out loudly, her lament chilling the air atop the balcony further than before. Alakazam kept its stoic gaze as always, but its posture seemed to waver slightly.

"Calm Mind, and do it again!"

Kirlia closed her eyes for a moment to calm her mind. Odette was ready to intercept any move the Alakazam would throw at her in the meantime - but what she heard next shook her more than any attack she could have anticipated.

"Recover."

The Alakazam visibly relaxed, as if it had been waiting for its trainer to release its constraints. Its body became enveloped in a mild glow… and each of the injuries it had incurred from Odette's previous Pokémon simply melted away. By the time Grace opened her eyes, the opponent before her seemed to have returned to top form in an instant.

Odette felt like her legs were about to give out. Grace too, was taken aback, but she regained her composure and proceeded with the Disarming Voice regardless. Her outcry echoed across the balcony once more, but this time, it seemed her trainer was the one more perturbed than anyone.

Grace stopped as soon as she realised, but the Alakazam was tired of waiting. Focusing its power, it picked up Grace in its Psychic move. Despite the psychic power affecting her little physically, she couldn't seem to break free of its grip - and her resistance couldn't soften the blow of being thrown into the ground.

Sinking to her knees, Odette let out a whimper. She could feel the tears prickling behind her eyes, as panic overtook her. She couldn't win against an opponent like this…

Grace slowly stood up, and ran to her trainer when she saw she'd fallen. Patting her arm, she tried her hardest to return Odette to her senses. Alakazam still loomed over the pair however, and the successor spoke out calmly but clearly.

"This is not enough."

Odette's eyes flashed up, and she eyed the successor intently.

"Your bond with your Pokémon is not strong enough."

The successor's words felt as daggers to her chest. Anger welled up in her stomach, growing to a boiling point. She rose to her feet once again, as Grace slowly stepped back from her side.

"Take that BACK!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. She was trembling from head to toe - a mixture of anger and fear coursing through her body.

The man across the battlefield scoffed and simply gestured his hand forward. Alakazam grunted quietly, but raised his hands fully, pointing each of its spoons towards Grace... before suddenly unleashing a barrage of Psycho Cuts upon the Kirlia.

Grace was caught off guard - her concern for her trainer had left her distracted from her opponent, and the barrage of attacks was intense. Despite her protective typing, she was hit by one, two, three, four slashes of psychic energy, before being struck down. Alakazam then captured her in its Psychic hold once more, making her hover and struggle in the air in front of Odette's eyes... before smashing her down into the stonework a final time.

Odette screamed in horror, and hurried over to Grace's side. Her beloved Kirlia had been battered, thrashed into the ground by the Mega Pokémon... while he was barely any worse for wear.

"This battle is over," the successor declared in a grave voice. "You are... unworthy."

Recalling his Alakazam, the man looked over the girl a final time. When Odette didn't return his gaze, he stepped back into the shadows of the deserted building.

The sun had disappeared below the horizon, leaving the sky dark, but not enough for any stars to appear. Sitting on the floor, Odette held her Grace close to her chest... apologizing over and over as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

TElYNfB.jpg

Putting on a Show

ivysaur.gif
arcanine.gif
flaaffy.gif
metang.gif
heracross.gif
lC0fAiI.gif

"What a fantastic bout, ladies and gentleman! Let's hear it one last time for our daring competitors and then keep it up for our next duo of challengers!" Steven Stone's voice rang out over the festival grounds to the sound of thunderous applause as two new trainers took their places at either side of the arena. "First I would like to welcome to the stage the victor of Santalune City's Pokémon Contest, one of our very own Professor Sycamore's talented students and a young man I have personally seen fight when most people would be frozen in fear: Pokémon Troubadour Laurent Hessel!" The roar of the crowd swelled and Laurent bowed ceremoniously, a yellow - almost gold - petaled rose seeming to appear in his hand when he straightened back up. He tossed the rose up towards a random area of the audience and the wind picked up just right to carry it towards the grasping arms of the onlookers.

"Next!" Steven continued. "Show your love for an amazing young lady known for endearing herself in the hearts of those around her everywhere she goes, one of the heroes instrumental to the salvation of the entire Alola region, sound out your admiration for Pokémon Trainer Lillie Mohn!" The prim trainer couldn't help staring at her feet between Steven's introduction and the storm of applause that buffeted her but after a few seconds of shy contemplation she curtsied quickly and looked at her opponent. Both trainers tossed their pokéballs at the same time. Bernard burst free and hoisted himself up with his vines to flip upside down and stretch his legs in an acrobatic pose, Lillie's Alolan Sandslash shook some frost loose from its back and hunched over in preparation to battle.

"Let the match commence!" Steven announced dramatically and both competitors began to move simultaneously.

"Show them your inner light, Bernard~" Laurent ordered. His Ivysaur firmly planted his feet and began gathering light into his bulb despite the lack of sun in the arena.

Lillie's Sandslash curled up and began to roll around the edge of the arena, tossing up dust as it went. She had no intention of being baited into a premature attack. "Slush, use Hail!" The cloud Slush's rolling kicked became a snowy flurry that rose up into the air behind it, quickly forming a cloud over the arena. Icy spheres of varying size began to pelt the area from on high and the air itself started frosting over, already causing discomfort and even pain for the grass-type Bernard. Just when it was becoming difficult to see the combatants a light glinted from Bernard's position and exploded outward, cutting through the hail and the mist violently to reveal… empty space.

Slush had disappeared. Bernard scanned his surroundings wearily but couldn't find his opponent, not before razor sharp Icicle Spears appeared from the cold gloom, barely missing when the Ivysaur catapulted himself over them with a strong push of his vines. The audience couldn't hear the trainers' orders over the sounds of hail and battle but they could see everything they needed to. The Sandslash was already gone from wherever it had launched its attack. Moments later it popped out of the ground just behind Bernard and Slashed him with its claws before dropping right back into the dirt and burrowing away.

"Oh, so that's how it is, chérie? You're as devious as you are cute, but it won't be so easy!" Laurent called to his opponent, now watching the ground for the telltale rumbles of the Sandslash's approach. "Play the lovely lady some music, mon amie!" Bernard "Saur!"d an affirmative and a leaf slipped out from under the bulb to be caught in his mouth, he started to play his Leaf Whistle.

"D-don't call me things like 'cute' and 'sweetheart' while we're battling!" Lillie demanded with indignance she couldn't seem to put her heart into while her cheeks visibly reddened. She'd been told she was pretty and cute enough to be used to it more or less but almost never so brazenly. It boggled her mind how he could act like that in a battle but she shook off his flirtations. "Keep up the Snow Skirmish, Slushy!" The determination in her voice was clear but it almost seemed as if Slush's was wavering, the rumble of its tunneling began to slow as it heard and felt the lilting melody Bernard played and the next time it popped out of the ground its opponents saw it and had time to react.

"Plant the seed of victory, Bernard!" Before Slush could attempt an attack Bernard launched a Leech Seed straight at it.

"Dig!" Lillie shouted. The frantic tone of her voice shook off the Sandslash's drowsiness and before the seed struck it dropped back into the hole it had sprung from, leaving the seed to harmlessly fall into the hole after it.

Lillie let out a sigh of relief at having a bit of breathing room once more but Laurent's smile didn't waver for a moment despite the lead she had and the hail continuing to beat down on his precious partner. "Keep sewing, Bernard!" The Ivysaur lifted itself up with its vines once again and began to spin in the air, rapidly releasing Leech Seeds to rain all over the battlefield. Lillie's eyes widened but her faithful Slush went turbo with its digging and managed to avoid all the seeds, leaving them all to hit empty ground impotently. "Shed some light on Le Jardin de Malheur!" Laurent called out. Bernard's bulb shot an orb of pure light straight up into the clouds raining hail down upon them and the imitation star split the clouds as it rose.

A Sunny Day broke through the hail storm and in an instant all the ice began melting, the mist dissipated and the hail was replaced by rain. Water and sunlight fell upon the arena like a spring shower's radiance signalling the end to a harsh winter. The ground began to rumble again, this time, however it wasn't Lillie's pokémon causing it. The Leech Seeds scattered around the battlefield ravenously consumed the moisture and light offered to them and released tendrils multiple times bigger than their usual roots and began spreading all throughout the dirt, rapidly swallowing every subterranean refuge left to Slush.

At the last moment before it was caught Slush shot out of the ground, soaring over the vines to see Bernard rapidly recovering all the damage he'd taken so far with a Sunny Day-enhanced Synthesis. "Slushy, use Icicle Crash!" Lillie commanded with newly steeled nerves. The Sandslash put everything it had into the attack and even with the harsh sunlight beating down on it a massive spike of pure ice was formed and launched at Bernard.

"Solar Beam!" Was all Laurent said. With Sunny Day still shining true it only took seconds for Bernard to gather its strength and release it all in a gold and white laser. The Solar Beam shattered the Icicle when they Crashed into each other, the light from both the attack and the sky causing the scattering ice shards to gleam so bright that nobody could see anything around them and Slush dropped through the glittering mass to the ground below with Bernard nowhere in sight. When the light grew even brighter Lillie and her pokémon alike looked up to Bernard up in the air above them. Almost the entire audience gasped at once. Bernard's bulb was blooming, the petals spreading open into a gargantuan flower as the glowed with terrifying radiance. "Finish it!" Laurent shouted and the Ivysaur fired another Solar Beam, this one almost twice the size of the first one and in a flash it slammed into Slush, knocking it right off its feet and pinning it to the ground. The Leech roots and vines now covering the floor of the entire arena were awakened by the solar energy and reached towards it, wrapping all around the Sandslash while the beam continued to drill into it.

The light of Bernard's flower began to spread and in short order it enveloped his entire body as if he were channeling all the power of the real sun through himself. The attack finally began to fizzle out and Slush struggled against the parasitic bonds sapping its energy, still ready to fight thanks to its type advantage. "Alright, Slush!" Lillie began with a fierce will. "Break out of that Leech Seed and use Metal B-" Unfortunately she was never able to complete her next command thanks to a massive blue foot crashing down on Slush's stomach and holding it in place while the vampiric tendrils imprisoning it drained the last of its strength. A Venusaur stood overtop its opponent in the center of the arena and raised its head to let out a roar that shook even the stands themselves.

After a tense silence that had lasted throughout the last few attacks of the battle, the audience went completely ballistic, congratulatory shouts and riotous clapping quaking the arena far more than the roar had. When the noise finally began to die down a bit Steven tapped his microphone once to get everyone's attention. "There you have it, ladies and gentleman! In a spectacular turnaround, Slush the Sandslash is unable to continue! Bernard the Ivysaur has snatched victory from a rocky start and a type disadvantage and on top of all that he has evolved! Laurent Hessel and Bernard the Venusaur are the victors of this bout!"

"You did it, Bernard!" Laurent called out to his pokémon. He resisted the urge to run up and hug the newly-evolved Venusaur out of consideration for Lillie but it appeared Bernard had other ideas. Large vine snaked around the trainer's waist and yanked him from his place at one end of the arena and another vine mirrored the first, pulling Lillie away just after she recalled her Sandslash. The Venusaur set each trainer on one of the giant petals of the flower on his back, then lifted on arm of each person into the air, causing the applause to redouble. Moments ago Lillie had been fighting her disappointment but now she couldn't help but smile and wave to the crowd who obviously were just as amazed by her performance as Laurent's.

The winning trainer grabbed that very same waving hand after a minute and clasped it between his own hands, forcing Lillie to meet his eyes and fight back another blush. "W-w-what are y-"

"Thank you so much, Lillie." Laurent said with warmth that rivaled the Sunny Day dissipating overhead. He shook her hand, resisting the urge to hug her from the gratitude he felt at her helping Bernard evolve. "It was such a magnificent battle, I feel like Bernard and I both grew a lot from it and I can only hope we did the same for you. I eagerly await the next time I'm lucky enough to meet you and really spend some time together without a battle standing between us." Lillie's face was on fire, at first all she could do was nod nervously, then she finally smiled and shook Laurent's hands in return.

"It was a great battle, thank you." She said all traces of disappointment at her loss gone. "Until next time, then." She slid off Bernard's petal and made her way out of the arena, her face burning and pointed at the floor the entire time thanks to the warmth remaining in her hand.

The audience was starting to relax and settle back into their seats as Laurent and Bernard left the battlefield from the opposite side Lillie had and the trainer rested a hand on top of his partner's head as they walked, humming happily all the while. "I can always count on you, mon très cher ami. One more important step of our journey, and now one more goal within our reach." He said, looking down at the blue, green and pink stone in his hands, certain of where he needed to go next.
jFJfYDR.png

Gj01VzF.png

Spoiler:

GH1xYfE.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Margarita Fas
Tower of Mastery : 1
603MS.png
636MS.png
624MS.png
633MS.png
EggMS.png

A sunset curtain blanketed the sky. Soon stars will begin to twinkle to life, dotting the sky with iridescent gems accompanying the bewitching moon. However, for those wandering the animated and lively festival grounds, these stars will be invisible against the bright, artificial lights dominating the area.

Margarita sat near the entrance to the Tournament on a wooden bench, eating a fruit cup in her own good time. Half of Larvesta's body was shrouded within the string bag, egg safely snuggled inside. She nibbled on a watermelon piece.

"I've never been on a Tournament before," Margarita began, confiding in her bug partner. She let out a chirp in response. "And I guess the main reason was because I wanted to avoid disappointing Nene. I know him. He wants to be the very best. But I also know he doesn't take defeat well. Just like how he lets victories get to his head, so do defeats. The few major defeats, like the gym one, made him... feel miserable. Depressed. And I don't like seeing him that way."

With a flick of the wrist Margarita tossed the empty cup into the trash can a few feet away.

It missed.

"Can you use string shot to get that?" Her bug gave her a disappointed expression, guilt tripping the lazy trainer. "Okay you're right. I can't be this lazy. That would be a damn shame." Larvesta watched her trainer throw the trash in the bin before pausing to take in the grandeur size of the audience. Cameras would broadcast the event live, allowing her family to observe her progress for the first time.

The thought of their daughter failing before live TV didn't hit Margarita until now. "I do regret entering the Tournament. I admit." She returns to the bench, leaning forward with thumbs twiddling. "I forgot my family could be watching me. And I didn't really put much effort into training or strategizing for anything. I just... go with it. I go with my gut. I let you guys take the reigns and I chip in with some commands here and there. Some Pokémon don't do jack shit until they're told to do something. I figured that if you guys were like that, then, what would happen if suddenly I'm immobilized or something. Maybe some hyper beam will hit me. Maybe the ground beneath cracks, I don't know."

Larvesta scooted closer to her trainer, able to feel the young woman's woes. "Maybe I need to take all this trainer thing more seriously. Since tonight everybody is going to realize I haven't really been trying as hard as the others. Kinda don't want to embarrass my family even though I know I will."

Trainers frolicked amidst the activity, somewhat brightening the mood. "Nothing I can do now. I just need to get better from here on out."

Larvesta gave her trainer a forlorn expression, wishing to be able to do more than just cuddle and chirp.

After a long, drawn-out pause Margarita let out a sigh, leaning back to gaze into the darkening sky. "I'm going to be fighting pretty late in the tournament, so I can take advantage and train you, Nono, and Nunu at least. I'll have you and Nono give it a shot at the gym and have Nunu tackle the Tower of Mastery."

The fire bug concurred with her trainer, giving her an affectionate nudge to demonstrate such.

Together they left the bench and left the lively main square.

The gym currently held a match. "Why am I surprised," she sarcastically mumbled to herself, leaving the gym doors to steadily close as she made an exit. Tower of Mastery it is then.

Mega evolution hadn't been a big priority, yet the challenge the tower has been said to hold could be a great learning experience for both her and her Pokémon. Some were strong enough to utilize one or two of their team, yet others have been wrecked enough to be pushed to use their entire arsenal.

I just need to make sure to at least not throw out Nene into this. He needs the rest before the Tournament.

Margarita paused upon entering the grand tower, mesmerized by the interior beauty. Unlike the boisterous daytime hours, it appears the festival managed to draw out a more quiet, serene Tower of Mastery. She meandered throughout the building, hands feeling the various textures the inside had to offer.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" a velvet voice belonging to that of a tall, pale gentleman.

Spoiler:

His short, unruly snow hair framed the sides of a sharp face, longer strands visible crawling down his neck. Their metallic, gray eyes refused to meet Margarita's, moonlight reflected off of them. "It is a shame. If only it were this calm." He at last glances down at Margarita, a most peculiar smile forming. "But alas we can't always have what we want."

"I like it when it's this quiet too," Margarita concurs, arms crossed. Her Larvesta remained inside the bag, a white tuft of hair sticking out from the opening.

"I am glad we can agree." His attire consisted of a black, fitted suit with a matching, blue marble tie.

The man's hands were hidden within his pant pockets, sides of the suit slightly lifted as a result. One hand is lifted and softly slides over his lower face before speaking up once more, eyes piercing through the glass panes decorating the tower.

"Why are you really here?"

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023

Caius Flynn, 21, ♂ ; Tower of Mastery, Kalos

dragonair.png
lucario.png
sylveon.png
ponyta.png

Memoria - Part 2

Inside and out, the Tower of Mastery was a sight to behold. Caius knew little in the way of Kalosian history, but he could tell from staring down the tower's decorated walls that within them lay a deep and rich history he was not privy to.

As he traversed the first floor with no particular destination in mind, Caius brushed his fingers against the concave indentations that were scattered throughout the tower's entire perimeter.

They all seemed to vary in depth depending on the location. Some were deep enough to the point where he could stick a thumb in them, while others barely scratched the surface.

"The construction guys must not have gotten around to patching these up yet," he concluded from his observations.

He was sure a monument as famous as the Tower of Mastery would undergo repairs on a daily basis. Perhaps the contractors responsible for them hadn't arrived to make their rounds yet.

"Some brainlet must've had a battle in here and caused all the damage," he huffed. Caius felt bad for those contractors. On top of having to conduct regular maintenance, they also had to clean up after messes made by reckless trainers picking fights left and right. As far as he could tell, that wasn't at all part of their job description.

To acquire a keystone was his primary objective, yet here he was sightseeing. I guess some plans are better off derailed, he thought. After all, there was no rush and he had some time to kill before the Festival Tournament kicked off in full swing; in his mind, it was undoubtedly the better option to stop and smell the roses.

Having seen everything there was to see on the first floor, Caius was prepared to ascend to the second floor. However, as he approached the staircase, a familiar face – the face of one Kaito Ishikawa – momentarily came into view. Without thinking, Caius forced his legs to sprint over to him. "Kaito, is that you?" A mop of black hair swiveled towards the voice, the body accompanying it in its motion. "Caius?"

"Right-o. I'm glad you still recognize me." There were more words that Caius hoped to air out, but a lump forming in his throat held him back. While Caius extended his hand for a handshake, Kaito went in for a hug.

Oof. The pair burst out in laughter at the resulting awkwardness. They settled on a handshake for their second attempt at the greeting.

Upon realizing the nature of Caius' visit, Kaito thought it wise to immediately cut to the chase. "I'm guessing you're here for a keystone?" He asked.

Caius gave him the affirmative.

"You're in luck," he followed up, expecting his blonde friend to read between the lines.

Unfortunately for him, Caius wasn't exactly catching his drift. Not knowing how to react, the poor boy just stared at him like some deer trapped in headlights. "I'm one of the successors, dummy." Kaito bopped him on the head.

All of a sudden, as if the force of the blow caused him to remember, something clicked. "You're the one I need to battle for the keystone, then." Caius blurted out, neural network flickering to life as it resumed normal operation. Pursing his lips, Kaito could only manage a disappointed half-sigh before he led Caius up the staircase and presumably to the top of the tower.

When Kaito began asking him about his new life in the Kalos region, fragments of past memories just seemed to seep through him all at once, as if he'd been keeping them at bay. His first contest battle against Maya, his initial encounter with Ryu (who was his first Pokémon companion), and even his first meeting with Kaito (who, through shared experiences, eventually became like a brother figure to him) – significant events in his life flashed before his eyes, and they were all tied by one common thread: Sinnoh.

He felt homesick. He didn't want to admit it, but the truth slowly crept up to him, emerging from his peripheral view. Now, the reality of his situation was looking him straight in the eyes, and as hard as he tried, he couldn't avert his gaze from it.

Though he never said a word to Caius about his homesickness, Kaito picked up on what the guy was going through.

Caius left Sinnoh at the age of 19 to establish a life in brand new region, likely with little else besides some clothes and a wad of cash to help him pay for expenses. Kaito figured that it must've been difficult for him to fall into a routine after having just left everything he knew back at Sinnoh.

Maturity is often the result of hardships thrown a person's way, and certainly Kaito was able to see that Caius had grown up both physically and mentally. But, at his core, he was still young and inexperienced.

Kaito only hoped the battle they were going to have now would prove to his friend that all his sacrifices weren't in vain, and that -- after weathering storm after storm -- he'd come a long way from where he started out.

As they neared the summit, streaks of light began peeking out from the entrance that led outside. It was a good omen, Kaito thought -- the light vanquishing the shadows which fluttered about the staircase, dancing their stilted dance until bright rays caused them to disappear at once.

As if receiving a sign from some higher power, in that moment, Kaito knew: Caius' bond with his Pokemon was going to prevail, and it didn't matter if mega evolution stood in the boy's way.

The distilled essence of Caius' hard work was going to win out. Kaito was sure of it. Why? Because he had faith in him.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

picture.php

Minami 'Mina' Haruka
Status: Shalour City - Night |Mission 5 - The Forest Confrontation

brionne.gif
glaceon.gif
swablu.gif
jangmoo.gif
pikachu.gif
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

Inventory
Spoiler:

"Professor?" called Mina as she saw Sycamore standing near the tourney, holding a parcel in his hands while looking around. Said man turned towards the voice and smiled at her, walking over "Ah, Minami! Good to see you! How have you been?" "I've been good professor, just about to go and see the tourney." Pika? "Oh, a Pikachu?" Electra perched on Mina's shoulder, looking at the Professor curiously. "Yeah, I got her earlier in the day. "Speaking of tourney, why are you at the tournament?"

The Professor's smile wavered as he looked away from her, "I came for two reasons, the first not so good…" He then regained his smile and pointed at the stage where Steven Stone was speaking. "The second is to join the tournament, managed to sign up last minute. But…" He looked down at the parcel, his smile wavering again. "I got some stuff that I need to deliver to a hotel on the far side of the city where a friend of mine is staying last minute as well, so I'm currently loo- "The professor stopped speaking at he stared at Mina, the girl moving her head to the side confused.

"Um…professor?" He just continued to stare, as if thinking, before he smiled again, even brighter than before. "Minami! You aren't in the tournament, are you?" "Um…no sir!" "Good! Then can you make the deliver for me?" "……me?!"

~Timeskip~

"First that, then this…" Mina sighed as she held the parcel in her hands, looking it over with Electra standing on her right arm, sniffing the wrapped package. She looked back at the parcel, "Alright, time to deliver this parcel." She walked away from the tourney, not noticing some strange people following her a ways from her, but Electra's ears twitched when she heard movement. She looked back, but saw nobody, so she looked forward, not noticing the people returning. They wore black suits with red trimming and they all had black visors over their eyes. They nodded at each other before following Mina through the shadows.

"I wonder what the hotel looks like…" she trailed off when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye, making her frown. 'I'm being followed…but by whom?'

~Timeskip~

"Hmm…. I can see the hotel from a distance." Mumbled Mina as she stopped walking and looked at the luxurious hotel, but then noticed a figure standing near the hotel. "Rima? Rima!" Mina quickly ran over, noticing that Hinata wasn't with her, which was very uncommon due to how protective he is over her going out alone. The little girl, hearing a familiar voice, turned and saw her older sister approaching. "Sissy! I'm lost!" "How did you get all the way over here?" "I don't know. I asked a man with a black suit and glasses and he said to go this way. But Mimi…" The little girl looked at the forest, whimpering, "Mimi just jumped and ran into the forest. I want to go get her, but it's scary." Mina looked at the dark forest. 'Mimi wouldn't just up and leave Rima, she must have sensed something… but what?' "I'll go with you Rima, let's find her quick, it's too dark for you guys to stay out alone."

~Timeskip~

Mina walked through the forest with Rima clutching her hand, Dede on her head. "Mimi…Mimi, where are you?" Mi! The two girls looked over and saw Mimi walking in front of them, heading towards them. "Mimi! There you are!" Rima ran over and grabbed Mimi, hugging her, but Mina was looking over the Pokémon. "Rima… did something happen?" The little sister looked at her in confusion." What do you mean?" "Mimi is injured."

A group of four men in black suits with red trimming and black visors walked out, surrounding the girls. "Hand over the parcel." "Excuse me?" Rima walked back towards Mina, glancing around, scared while Mimi was growling and Dede sparking its cheeks. Electra copied Dede's actions as Mina glared. "Who are you?" 'Could this be why Mimi was injured?

"That isn't for you to know. Now hand over the parcel." "Why?" "Because we told you to, now listen." "Not until you tell me who you are and why the hell you were following me!" There was silence until one man brought out a pokeball and let out a Mightyena, followed by other grunts letting out their respective Pokémon: Sableye, Salandit, and Magmar. "Either you hand it over or we take it. The same thing we did to that Pokemon will happen to you if you don't obey."

Mina looked at each person before bringing out her pokeballs and letting out all her Pokémon. "Rima, hide! Fresca protect her!" At that moment, moves were thrown, hitting either Pokémon or the nature around. Rima ran over to a tree and returned her two Pokémon, hugging the pokeballs close as Fresca stood nearby, growling. Two of the men were trying to grab Mina, but Electra wouldn't allow them and shocked them while Poppy, Aria, and Momo fought the Sableye, Salandit, and Magmar.

Poppy jumped over the Sableye's Power Gem and used Disarming Voice, pushing him back. Aria was flying around Salandit, dodging every Flame Burst sent her way. Momo used Dragon Tail on Magmar's head quite hard, causing him to stumble back a bit. Fresca was dodging the Mightyena's Bite before using Quick Attack to tackle him into a tree.

"Sissy!" Mina whipped around and saw the other two men grabbing Rima while she struggled. "Let me go!" "Rima!" She was about to head over, but the other two she was fighting against stood in front of her, blocking her path. "Electra! Shock them!" Electra jumped and used Double Team before using Spark on the two, all her doubles copying and tackling the men, electrocuting them at the same time. Mina ran over and grabbed one of the men, biting his arm, but the man only hissed before punching her head, but she keeps biting. "You brat!" He didn't let up and kept punching her head, trying to get the girl to let go.

One of the men's Pokémon, the Salandit, was knocked back into a nearby tree by a Dragon Pulse, Aria arriving right after and using Peck on the man Mina was biting. "Damn bird!" He used his free hand to try and swat the Pokémon away, but that left Mina punch- free and she let go before pulling her leg back and kicking the man in the jewels, causing him to howl in pain and collapse on his knees, but Mina kneed him under the chin, knocking him out. "Thank goodness for nii-san's lessons." She ran over to the other man and jumped on his back, trying to get him to unhand Rima. "Let her go!" Her head hurt like hell, but she endured it, focusing on saving Rima first.

Poppy was still fighting Sableye, slapping his face with her fins before Aria swooped in and used and grabbed Poppy lifting her in the air above Sableye, causing said Pokémon to glance up. Both Pokémon used Disarming Voice, causing major damage and the Darkness Pokémon was knocked back by the power before hitting the ground, fainted. Both Pokémon nodded before Aria flew them over to the next battle.

Momo was jumping around the Magmar's Fire Punch before jumping on his stretched arm after jumping over another punch and Headbutted the Pokémon in the face, pushing him back, making the Pokémon groan from pain. Electra jumped on the Pokémon's back just as Momo jumped away and used Thunderbolt, electrocuting the Spitfire Pokémon and causing him to fall forward, knocked out.

Mina managed to get the man away from Rima but now she was being held in a choke-hold while one of the men who were electrocuted by Electra was walking over, the second going to his knocked-out ally. "Not so tough now, huh?" Mina hissed at the man before moving her leg forward and kicking behind her, hitting the man's jewels like the other one. The man groaned at the man and his hold loosened, allowing Mina to escape and run over to Rima, grabbing her hand. "Let's go! Poppy! Aria! Momo! Fresca!" Said Pokémon looked up from their stations and flew, ran, or were carried over to her, each going back into their pokeballs but Fresca.

"Alright Rima, I need you to do something." Mina grabbed Fresca's pokeball and put it in her free hand. "I need you to go and run to the tournament and stay by Hinata's side the whole time. I'm going to lend you Fresca for a while, so you can have a strong Pokémon to protect you while he competes. I'm going to guess and say that you or Hinata haven't trained Dede yet and didn't get to train Mimi." Rima whimpered before nodding. "Go, I still have something to do." Mina then turned towards Fresca, petting her head with a sad smile. "Fresca take care of Rima, alright. I'm counting on you buddy." Fresca let out a sad whimper before nodding and going to Rima's side. "I have a feeling these guys aren't your typical thief gangs." Mina gave Rima a push and the little girl ran off holding Fresca's pokeball as said Pokémon ran alongside her temporary trainer, both rushing out the forest.

"There she is!" "Get her!" Mina looked back and saw the four men charging at her, their Pokémon nowhere in sight. Mina cursed before getting up and running off, hoping to arrive at the hotel before they catch her. Unexpectedly, Poppy came out of her pokeball just as the Mightyena from before jumped in front of her, the men stopping behind her, causing her to turn. "Hand over the parcel now!" "Not a chance!" Mina grabbed Poppy and used her gymnastics skills to climb onto a nearby tree far from the men's clutches. "The hell?!" "Are you serious?!" "Tch. Mightyena!"

The Bite Pokémon used Fire Fang, biting the tree and causing it to gain sparks of ember. "Poppy!" Poppy squirted water into the embers, putting them out as soon as they were ignited. "Again!" "More water!" "Damn it! Full power!" The Bite Pokémon used Fire Fang while its whole maul was lit up in flames, lighting up the tree on fire and causing Mina to jump off, holding Poppy close.

"Leave me alone!" Mina cried as she was about to run off, but one of the men grabbed her, throwing Poppy away. Said Pokémon cried out as the Mightyena grabbed her fin and slammed her into a tree. "Poppy!" Mina couldn't help since two of the men were holding her arms, the third one was standing in front of her, and the fourth one behind her. "Just grab the parcel and go. We'll exterminate these two. Mightyena!" The man behind her was about to grab her hip bag when Mina knocked her head back, hearing a sickening crack as the man held his face, his nose bleeding. "Aggh! My nose!"

Poppy stood up and glared at the Mightyena before using Aqua Ring to recover her stamina and heal her wounds. The Bite Pokémon growled then opened its maw as he ran towards her, about to bite her head off when Poppy used Disarming Voice, knocking the Pokémon back.

"Stop yapping and get the parcel!" Mina struggled as the men held her arms out, the third man walking over and slapped her, causing a skin-to-skin sound to echo since Mightyena had Poppy pinned down. "Listen girlie, we don't have time to play and you've driven my patience." The man waved Mightyena over and the Pokémon grabbed Poppy and knocked her into a tree before letting go and waling over. "Mightyena, use Thunder Fang on her." The Pokémon looked between the two before shrugging and lighting up his fangs with electricity as he neared the girl. Mina stared at the Pokémon in fear as the Bite Pokémon neared the trainer, his maw opened wide enough to bite her leg and the electricity crackling, making her flinch.

Poppy lifted her head and saw her trainer about to get electrocuted, but she was tired and using sing would cause everyone, including her trainer to fall asleep and most of her moves were wide ranged, so her trainer would get hurt as well, if only she had a move to hit one specific target. She looked up and saw the moon since the tree around her formed a clearing big enough to see the sky. The pop star Pokémon slowly got up and whined, causing the group to turn to her as she opened her mouth and her frame was shadowed by the moon glow, allowing her to unknowingly gather the moon's energy and form it into an orb of pink energy, causing the men to step back in fear and the Mightyena widened his eyes.

"T-that's!" "Mightyena, use Bite!" The Bite Pokémon started to run towards the Pop Star Pokémon, but Poppy released the orb, firing it right at the running Mightyena, causing a mini explosion and dust to flow around, blocking everyone's vision. Mina took eh chance and slipped away from the men as she ran in the direction she saw Poppy. "Poppy?" Mina whispered as she walked around before feeling something slapping her leg. She looked down and saw her injured Poppy standing beside her, smiling at her. "Poppy! You're ok! When did you learn Moonblast?" The dust settled, revealing a fainted Mightyena and Mina with Poppy, the fainted Pokémon's trainer returning him and stomping towards Mina.

"Why you-!" "Moonblast." Poppy gathered moon energy and the man stopped before turning and running towards the other three, causing them to panic. "Why are you running over here?!" "Don't come over!" "Take it like a man!" "I'm not dying by their hands alone!" Poppy released the energy and fired it, causing the men to get thrown back from the two a few feet.

"Let's go while they are distracted." Mina stood up as she picked up Poppy and ran away. As she ran, she though to the move Poppy used. "How did she learn Moonblast?" A streak of light blinded her for a sec and Mina looked towards the source, seeing the moon through the tree's branches and leaves. "So that must be how…" She smiled as she remembered that there was a small opening in the trees she saw while struggling with the men and Poppy happen to be standing under it.

~Timeskip~

"I made it… Hope I'm not too late." Mumbled Mina as she held her injured, but preppy Pokémon, while standing outside the forest, close to the hotel. Poppy barked and pointed at the hotel, making Mina turn and see a silhouette in front of the hotel doors, almost as if waiting for someone. "That must be the person waiting for the parcel…" Just as she was about to walk forward, she felt her foot kick something, making her look down and sees a weird pokeball. "Huh, never seen this pokeball before…" Mina kneeled to pick it up and grabbed it, looking at the ball from a closer angle. The ball was mostly fire red with some orange wisps in the front near the opening with said area orange looking like the sun. 'I'll ask the Professor later. Right now, I need to deliver this parcel and get checked at the Pokémon Center…' Mina walked over to the hotel and entered.

People at the hotel fussed over her due to the small trail of blood raining down her forehead on the side of her face from all the punches on the head, the knuckles hitting her forehead hard and the slapped skin was red with irritation. Poppy was no better, possibly worse, but both trainer and Pokémon alike assured that they were ok, she just tripped and fell on her forehead, gaining a small cut. 'Wait, I just realized that the Professor never told me who I was delivering to or how they looked like…' Mina wanted to bash her head into the wall, she forgot to ask how the person she was delivering to looked like! But she was already here… 'I guess I'll ask the receptionist…'

"Um…Miss? I have a package for a friend of Augustine?" The receptionist looked up and was shocked at the sight of a young girl with slightly disheveled hair, a cut on her forehead, small trail of blood running down form it, an irritated mark on her cheek, and a similarly injured Brionne in one of her arms, a parcel in the other. "I'm alright, I just tripped." Bri Poppy barked as if saying the same thing.

"Oh! J-just leave the package here and I'll call the receiver over in a bit. Here, Professor Sycamore left this here for when you delivered the parcel." The receptionist grabbed a small bag with some money and handed it over to Mina, looking worried. "Are you sure you are okay miss? I can call the Pokémon Center for you." "No, its alright, I just tripped."

Last edited:

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years

Annika Jiraiya

luxio.gif
eevee.gif
zorua.gif
dragonair.gif
Shalour City Gym Battle

Annika was headed towards the gym after healing up Bagel, who was now sitting in his Pokeball. "That was a big detor" Annika said to herself. "But now I can finally challenge the gym!" But then suddenly, after turning a corner, she slammed into somebody which knocked them both down. Annika was dazed for a bit before closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"I'm sorry!" someone said. Annika recognised it as a girl's voice and opened her eyes, seeing the gym leader before her leaning down. "I should've really watched where I was going. I'm Korrina by the way" Korrina held out her hand to her.

"I'm Annika" Annika said, grabbing her hand. Korrina pulled her up to her feet and she started wiping dust off her. "And there's no need to apologize. There's a slim chance we would've seen each other around the corner."

"I guess that's true" Korrina said sheepishly as Annika noticed that Diopside's Pokeball was missing. She started looking around and found it on the ground. Picking it up, she put it back on her belt as Korrina asked "Wait, are you a trainer?"

"Yea" Annika answered. "In fact, I was-"

"Really?!" Korrina shouted happily. "You should come challenge my gym! It's a great one! Come on, pleeeaase? I'll give you some spare roller skates that I have right now if you want"

"I was just- wait, Roller skates?" Annika said, confused as last time she was in there she could've sworn she saw someone riding a pokemon.

"Yea!" Korrina said. "We usually give them out at the gym since one of the rules is to keep moving and with the layout it's hard to do that with running, and most trainers don't have anything that they can use to keep moving."

"I guess that makes sense" Annika said. "And I was headed towards the gym anyway, but there's no need to give me roller skates, someone at Santalune gave me roller skates that also apparently act as shoes."

"Oh, okay!" Korrina said "I always like to carry around a pair just in case these ones get damaged"

"Smart" Annika said, activating a button on her shoes that pulled out the wheels. She started stumbling, trying to regain her balance, before falling back down on the ground. "Wow this is hard."

Korrina skated over to her and held out her hand. "I thought you had these all the way back in Santalune"

Annika grabbed the hand as she replied "That doesn't mean I know how to use them" She stood up and started stumbling again, but this time Korrina kept near her so she wouldn't fall.

"I can be a bit of support as you get used to this then!" Korrina said, skating back towards her gym with Annika's hand still in her grasp as she tried to figure out how to skate.

___

They finally got to the gym after many fall downs courtesy of Annika. She had gotten used to the skates by now, but she does highly dislike it. "I'll be waiting for you inside!" Korrina said, skating in the gym and letting go of Annika's hand. "Make sure you give me your all!"

Annika watched as Korrina entered the gym, then sighed, saying to herself "Why does this gym's ruleset have to be so deficient?" She deactivated her skates and went inside, forgetting that she wasn't skating anymore and nearly lost her balance. After entering the gym for the third time that day, she walked down to the battling arena, seeing that Korina was already there.

"Welcome to the Shalour Gym!" Korina said with a tone that Annika had never heard while they were skating together. "Would you like the rules explained to you?"

"Yes, please!" Annika said, knowing from past experiences that if she broke any of those rules that she would immediately lose.

Noticing a movement from the corner of her eye, she turned her head and saw an announcer up away from the battlefield. He spoke with a booming voice as he explained the rules.

"The rules are as follows - You and your pokemon have to keep moving no matter what. If either trainer stops moving for any reason they forfeit the match, however directly interfering with the opponent is not allowed. If a pokémon stops moving and is left behind during the battle for any reason, then it is considered to be fainted by league rules regardless of its conscious state. The battle itself is a two on two single battle, both trainers selecting their chosen pair of pokémon in secret beforehand. The battle continues until one trainer stops moving or both of a trainers pokémon are considered to be fainted."

"You got it?" Korrina asked, causing Annika to look back towards her.

"Yep!" Annika repiled, already thinking about what mons she would pick.

"Okay, pick your mons, then lets go!" Korrina said.
Annika looked down at her four pokemon. She had already decided that Bagel would be the first to go out since he was apart of each gym battle beforehand, but she was stuck between sending out Diopside and Viserion. She ruled out Rina because of her normal typing and her move set wasn't suited for this fight.

Diopside was fast and basically had loads of stamina, however was easily distracted and didn't really hit hard plus his dark typing, while Viserion was more focused and hit harder, but didn't have the best stamina as of yet. After a bit, she decided on the mon and looked up, saying "I'm ready!" She went down and activated her roller skates, stumbling a little before regaining her balance.

"Excellent!" Korrina said, grabbing a Pokeball. "I have my mons picked out too." She looked up at the announcer and nodded.

"Let the battle… Begin!"

Annika and Korrina started skating around, with Korrina being confident and Annika still trying to not lose her balance. "Go, Hawlucha!" Korrina said, sending out a Hawlucha.

"Go, Bagel!" Annika said, throwing out Bagel's pokeball. He immediately started running after Annika.

"Hawlucha, use Agility!" Korrina said, and Hawlucha started to move faster. "Again!" Hawlucha moved faster still.

"Bagel, use Thunder Fang!" Annika shouted, and Bagel changed her directory, aiming for Hawlucha and leaping into the air.

"Hawlucha, dodge and use Swords Dance!" Hawlucha dodged the attack easily as swords appeared round it, strengthening its attack.

"Thunder Fang again!" Annika said, and Bagel lept for Hawlucha again.

"Hawlucha, Baton Pass!" Hawlucha returned to its pokeball, rendering the next thunder fang useless as well. Lucario appeared in its place, running about at very high speeds.

"We're not getting anywhere like this" Annika muttered under her breath. "Bagel! Try to slow it down with Scary Face!" Bagel put on a terrifying face which lowered Lucario's speed.

"Lucario, Bone Rush!" Korrina said, causing it to run towards Bagel, a bone appearing in it's hand.

"Use Thunder Fang when it's close enough!" Annika shouted, and Bagel ran around 'till it got close before jumping at it, electricity surrounding its teeth as it bit down on Lucario's arm. It's eyes twitched a bit as it hit Bagel with the bone, causing him to get knocked off. "Again!" Annika said, trying to keep up. Bagel did the same thing, this time causing him to howl as again Bagel was hit by the bone, causing it to once again be knocked off, and Bagel stumbled up and kept running, though slower then before.

"Lucario, Blaze Kick!" Korrina said, causing the bone to dissapear from it's hand as it's leg covered in fire. It lept over at Bagel.

"Bagel, Spark!" Annika shouted, and Bagel's body covered in electricity as it was knocked down. After a bit of not getting up, the announcer said "Luxio has fainted!"

"Good try!" Korrina said, smiling. "But I'm afraid your strategy didn't go so well here." Suddenly, Lucario stopped moving, electricity covering it's body. After a little bit, the announcer said "Lucario has fainted!"

"Both of you, send out your next Pokemon"

(To Be Continued)
Spoiler: Inventory
1x Pokedex
10,050 Poke
5x Super Potion
2x Potion
6x Great Ball
4x Poke Ball
1x Mysterious Blue Stone
1x TM01 Focus Punch
1x Festival Tourney Pass
1x Drawing Notepad
1x Pencil
1x Sharpener
1x Eraser

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
-Drew Tucker
quilladin.gif
scrafty.gif
gligar.gif
aron.gif
kingdra.gif
eevee.gif
leafeon.gif
wailmer.gif
A Blank Page​

Dejected, defeated and deflated, Drew sat on Shalour's coastal wall, staring out over the beach. His Pokedex lay faced down on the wall beside him. He wasnt kicking his legs, bobbing his head side to side, or looking out over the water like he normally would. He was staring at the open blue sky. Drew longed for clouds to swallow it all up. "Hard work my ass." He sighed. Getting his Quilladin and Scrafty to work together long enough to pull of what he had dubbed the 'tetherball attack' was no easy feat. So far, it had all been for nothing. He sighed again, hesitantly flipping the dex;

Subject: Drew Tucker's Demerit
Re; Drew Tucker, Augustine Sycamore, Leader Korrina

Due to unscrupulous actions on the part of the challenger, the battle between Drew Tucker and Leader Korrina is inconclusive and lacks merit. In accordance with standard procedures, at the gym leaders chosen time and discretion, a rematch will be held.

This rematch will be presided by an official league judge and will take the form of a standard one on one single battle. If the Challenger is victorious he will receive full rewards.

If he is not, he must re-challenge the gym under the regular gimmick and rulings.

A second inconclusive battle resulting from master Tucker's actions, under the regular gimmick format, will lead to his expulsion from this year's Ygdrassil Conference and future Kalosian League challenges as a whole.

Regards,
E4 Siebold, currently presiding Elite Four member of the Kalosian Pokémon League.

The Contents had not changed. He swung the dex in frustration, just relenting in his intention to throw it at the last second. Brycen's fist, now resting on his knee, made the difference. The boy knew his pokemon was right. They could win the rematch, but being undermined in the way that he was. Having won the battle fair and square. He didnt need another obstacle in his way. Not to mention, Korrina had all the power to choose the time the rematch took place, so he was powerless until he recieved her email. The thought made his blood boil. It was enough to make him go back on his decision to be calmed by his starter's intervention. He tossed the pokedex onto the sand below.

At least a minute or so passed of Drew stewing over his situation. The sweltering rage building up inside of him was eased by a distracting rustling in his backpack. "The hell?" He scrambled down the wall, and back onto the city pavement. With his curiosity peaked, Drew shoved his hand down into the bag and pulled out the brown and cream pokemon egg. "Geez, I forgot about this thing. Was gonna give it to Avril when I saw her." He mused, speaking his thoughts aloud. "Guess that means it's ready to hatch, huh Bry?" He turned to the Quilladin, who returned an uncertain shrug.

"You're keeping a pokemon egg in your backpack?" Drew's head jolted up. The raspy husk of those words stung him, triggering memories that the sight of the girl whose voice it was all but solidified. Paige. The excruciating pain that came with the memories of Glittering Cave shot through Drew's heart like a bullet.

"What do you want?" Drew grumbled. Even Brycen took stance at the sight of the girl, knowing full well what his trainer had been through as a result of her actions.

"Oh...right." The girl sighed. "Look, Drew If you'd let me, I wanna explain what it was that happened back there. Trust me, it wasnt fun for me either." She looked solemn, but Drew couldnt tell just how sincere she was being. Of course he was hesitant, but reluctantly accepted her offer. He was hungry after all, and she was one to pay for food.

"Fine, but I need to grab my pokedex, real quick."

Before he could walk past her, Paige flicked the red device out of her pocket and held it out for him. He looked at the pokedex, then at her, a brow raised.

"Apologising isnt easy, I needed some sort of makeweight." She shrugged, dampening her smile.

The two found themselves at a Shalour Cafe. Drew sat with his buttered croissants untouched on the table in front of him, waiting for Paige to finish her tea. Both trainers pokemon were scattered at the feet of several nearby tables. Brycen and Caesar faced each other, the Scrafty eating a slab of meat while the Quilladin crunched on a selection of nuts and berries. Zephyr rested on his trainer's shoulder, watching his plate longingly. The Gligar cowered behind his trainer's head as the spooky rag the female trainer was holding smiled up at him.

"Team's gotten a lot bigger since I last saw it." Paige commented, placing her emptied mug on the table. There was a stillness about the place, despite the bustling chaos of pokemon that had practically overrun the area. The sound of an incessant scratching whispered beneath the tension. Her eyes darted from the bounding Leafeon that was being a nuisance to her Mawile, to the scar faced Eevee who was quite content with her faced shoved into a bowl of food. Drew gave her nothing. She was surprised he actually met back up with her, on account of him leaving to 'sort out' his Kingdra and Wailmer. Whatever that meant. The boys lack of response frustrated her and her eyes began to wander again. She noticed the Aron, wondering aimlessly through the outdoor setup of the cafe. "I'm...I'm sorry about Newt." Her words finally provoked a reaction out of Drew, in the form of a jerk of the neck. "I could see how much you two cared about each other. When we were at the contest I could see it aswell, watching all your friends from Aquacorde. Newt's was different though. There was a history there. The professor could see it aswell." She stifled a laugh as she continued. "There's a real connection with you and those friends of yours, I cant quite put a finger on it, but it's so-"

"What's your point?" Drew interrupted, shuffling in his seat and crossing his arms. Each pokemon looked up, bathing unwillingly in the tense energy of the cafe seating area.

"I read the message on your pokedex. Things arent gonna get any better if you keep bottling these things up Drew. I guess my point is...talk to your friends. I'm sure they're having a tough time too, they'll understand. I know you're not gonna talk to me about it." She sat back, content with how her message had come accross.

"I'm fine. I've got nothing to talk about. I'm sure you can understand why I'm not all that interested in taking your advice, of all people." The boy grunted back. "I didnt say they were my friends...They're a bunch of trainers who had to step in and save me, because I wasnt strong enough to protect myself. It won't happen again."

"Dont be an idiot! You're allowed to hate me. I get that. That doesnt give you an excuse to start pushing away the people who've done nothing but show that they care about you! I've seen that before and it doe-" She stopped herself, her breathing getting heavier with each word. "I just...look, there's no point in me saying I said what I said to protect you from Team Cinder. Or that I knew they wouldnt hurt me because of their connection with my father. Or that I did it...to protect you from me..." She finished, her words lost in the weight of her breaths. Taking a moment to recollect herself, she reached for the muffin on her plate and bit into it, using as much as possible to cover her face.

"I uh..." Drew began, flicking up his hood and sliding down in his seat. "I dont know how much of that I believe. I did meet your dad though. Kind of an asshole." Drew spoke flatly. He stared off to the side; he was stonefaced, eyes ridden with sadness.

Paige did her best to mask her tears, forcing out a chuckle at Drew's response. She practically wiped her face with the muffin. "Yeah...pays me no mind for half a year, and all of a sudden I'm grounded." She joked through the burning feeling in her chest.

"Tell me about it." Drew failed to hold back a chuckle of his own.

"I'm gonna go. He's pretty much got me on house arrest right now. Only reason he let me leave his sight is 'cause he's 'networking' at the festival tournament." She sighed getting out of her seat and returning her pokemon. "Oh, and for Arceus Sake, take better care of that egg will you." She smirked as she spoke, but faltered as the sentiment was lost on the trainer in front of her. "I uh...guess I'll see you round, Drew." She uttered his name with a warmth even she'd admit she hadnt allowed before.

"Yeah." Was all the boy could muster as the girl walked past him. He tried his hardest to resist, but he couldnt help but watch her leave. Only once she left did the scratching stop.

Spoiler:

Shalour City - Café Le bLanc​

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

RESERVE

roselia.png
lucario.png
arcanine.png
espeon.png
lapras.png
milotic.png

96px-371Bagon.png
detective

Episode 7: Shalour City "Red and Blue"

"A Plusle and Minun?" said Emma, after a brief sips of her tea.

Emma had once again met up with her previous opponent of the Shalour Tournament, Leanne, who had invited her to her nearby home. It was a sudden request by Leanne; she had asked Emma to have a word with her about a certain matter. Leanne also had known that Emma was a pokemon detective, and Emma couldn't just ignore someone in need. She had a little bit of time before the next round starts, so she decided to assist her. Thus, she found herself upon Leanne's estate.

"That's right," Leanne responded, who sat across from her upon her kitchen table. She had poured some hot peach Camille tea for the both of them. "I would like to find those two pokemon... they were the former pokemon of my older sister's." She clasped her hands together with a pained face, pausing for a short while. Emma rested her cup, giving Leanne a patient, yet empathetic look. Leanne sighed, finally composing herself.

"You see... my sister became a member of Team Cinder," Leanne explained. It was quite a shock to Emma, but Leanne gave a more determined look. "But... but she's really a kind and good-hearted person! You see, ever since our father died, we've always took cared of each other. My sister was always looking out after me, taking on this big, rotten world on her own. At first, she wanted to be a trainer, which is why she befriended a Plusle and a Minun. Things were tough, but we were a happy family, and that was good enough for me. But as we grew older, I saw it in her face; things were getting more and more harsh, and the future was beginning to become even more painful for her. That was when she made a decision: she was going to help change this world for us, no matter what. No matter what the cost to herself... it was all for me. Her family."

Emma remained silent, as she continued her story. "That's when she came across some... questionable work, one that required her to be away from home for a long while," Leanne continued. "I begged her to stay! I really did, because I needed her here! But, it was no use. Before she left, I noticed that she released her prized Minun and Plusle. She wanted them to watch over me, I think." Leanne then shed a tear. "One day, the police told me that her corpse was found. She was dead. When Plusle and Minun found out, they vanished; escaped from home. I've tried looking for them, but.. nothing. I just hope that they're ok..."

Emma then nodded as she stood up. "Don't worry. I'll find them," she calmly stated, giving her a smile. "They'll be safe. I promise." Leanne gave Emma a genuine smile back, wiping away the tears. She gave a bow to Emma, thanking her for this help. It's time for the case of the mission pokemon to begin.

CASE START
RED AND BLUE

Emma stepped outside, as her Bagon was anxiously waiting for her. It gave her a greeting growl in which Emma gave it a smile, but Emma also had to stop and think. Now then... what do I know about Plusle and Minun?

clue 1 said:
MDP311.png
MDP312.png

Former pokemon of Leanne's sister. [Plusle cheers on friends with pom-poms made of sparks, and it drains power from telephone poles. It's the same for Minun, it also likes to cheer on friends. If its friends are losing, its body lets off more and more sparks. ]

So, they have the habit on letting loose sparks of electricity to cheer on its friends. If they're in danger, they help each other out by letting loose those sparks too. Still, unless they're both in trouble, that won't help me much on trying to locate them. Speaking of location, it's safe to say that they're within this city somewhere. After all, they both grew up here, so a Plusle and Minun's instincts tell them it's far too dangerous to be wondering around territory that's not familiar to them.

clue 2 said:
They must be somewhere within Shalour City.

Kalos_Shalour_City_Map.png

Still, Shalour City is a fairly big place, and they can be anywhere... Maybe my best bet is to gather information from the people here. At least that will get me somewhere. Alright, it's time to go.

"Naw, can't say I've seen pokemon like that," Emma had asked several people -- including a man who worked as a baker. Unfortunately, there was no such luck from anyone yet, even from the baker. "Well, y'see, things have been kinda... chaotic for me."

"Chaotic?" Emma asked, her eyes lighting up. "How so?"

"Augh, it was awful," the baker grunted. "My shop was closed for half a day, 'cause of a small power shortage. They managed to fix it in time, but it wasn't a good time for business 'round here."

"Was the power out for the whole city?" asked Emma.

"That's the weird part," the baker replied. "It was only out for a small section of the city. Well, I guess in the thick of things, for a city this big it couldn't be all THAT weird, but it rarely happens for such a small section, y'know?"

clue 3 said:
The power was out for only a small section for the city. It does seem odd. Could of it really been an accident?

That blackout in the city sometime ago... an odd, sudden occurrence that happened. Plusle and Minun emits sudden sparks, so...

Wait! Brain storm!

Could it be...

They had a really big festival?! yes! A really big one, one with large quantities of fireworks and electrical appliances going off and on over and over again! A complete disrespect and waste to energy! Someone shoulds sue those HMOs--

OWWWWW!

Drago had bitten Emma on her head, slightly. "I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A SERIOUS BREAKTHROUGH, DRAGO! WHAT?!" Emma shouted at him. Drago released his grip, to point Emma to a rather curious direction. There seemed to be ears sticking out of a small trash can, as two small figures then popped out of it. A Plusle, and a Minun. "Oh... or, they can be the ones responsible and they were living right here all the time. I knew that." Drago rolled his eyes.

Emma with Drago then rushed in, trying to come in contact with the two pokemon. The Plusle and Minun were scared, thus they both ran off. "W-wait! We don't wanna hurt you!" Emma called off during the chase. The two pokemon were rather quick and nimble, evading each obstacle within the narrow alley. Emma and Drago managed to do all they can, but they found that the two pokemon were slipping further and further away from them.

However, the two pokemon found themselves trouble. A larger pokemon themselves blocked the way - a Zangoose, who looked vicious and territorial. The Piusle and Minun backed away, as the pokemon leered the both of them, giving them both a vicious growl. Emma and Drago finally caught up, seeing the two pokemon scared out of their wits by the large Zangoose. The Zangoose was probably just defending its territory, but... that was no excuse to be a bully!

"Go, Drago!" Emma called. Her Bagon leaped into action, releasing a strong Dragonbreath to his enemy. The Zangoose was knocked back a bit, giving Plusle and Minun more breathing room. They were both surprised by the rescue, as Drago leaped before the two of them, giving them both a confident thumbs - or in this case, claws -- up. The Zangoose roared, extracting it's fierce claws, intending to use it's powerful Slash attack, as Drago retaliated with a strong Headbutt. The two attacks collided, but Zangoose proved to be the stronger of the two of them, easily knocking Drago away.

"Hang in there!" Emma cheered. Drago growled and released spores of embers in the air. It was mad. It charged in again, for a Zen Headbutt attack. Zangoose managed to evade, hitting Drago with a fierce knee strike, hitting Drago with another slash attack, knocking him fierce to the ground. it then stepped hard on Drago, chuckling menacingly over his pathetic opponent. Emma grunted worryingly and angrily. The wild Zangoose was far stronger than it looked, and was easily overpowering the two of them.

Meanwhile, Plusle and Minun watched on. The pokemon that had saved the two of them was in trouble itself. They both exchanged glances, and reached an agreement. They both then started to dance. Emma looked in in curiosity, as they both continued. Soon she saw that the two of them slowed red and blue lights respectively. After a moment, the two came in contact with each other, releasing red and blue sparks of what it seemed like electrical current towards Drago. Drago was wincing in pain, until the bolts hit him. It was strange, but.. Drago soon felt invigorated. It managed to lift itself up from Zangoose's foot, followed up with an even more powerful Zen Headbutt, that sent Zangoose flying through the alleyway, crashing upon the wall where it had stopped moving where it collapsed.

"I... think that was Helping Hand..." Emma recognized. The Plusle and Minun exchanged hi-fives, and approached Emma with a friendlier vibe. "Did you two help us?" They both nodded, releasing small sparks of electricity in enjoyment when they both touched. Drago went other to the two of them. Plusle and Minun were both Drago made it, but Drago turned away, perhaps in embarrassment. He perhaps communicated to the two of them that he didn't need both of their help, even though he wasn't prepared to admit that he did.

Emma smiled. "Thanks you two," she thanked. "Hey listen... do you think you two can follow me for a minute? There's someone who is really itching to see you two." The Plusle and Minun once again exchanged looks. mma was a stranger to them, but she still saved them both. So, they figured she was at least, trustworthy. After a moment, they both agreed.

"Alm! Celica!" Leanne cried. Emma, Drago and the Plusle and Minun both found their way back to Leanne's home. Leanne was ecstatic to see the two of them, and while Plusle and Minun were both shy of everything has happened, they were both glad to see her as well. Leanne turned to Emma. "Oh! Um, Alm and Celica are the names my sister gave to these two. Minun is Alm, and Plusle is Celica. Thank you so much for finding them!."

"Well, I'm glad the two are safe," Emma responded with a smile, followed up with a blush. "Well, actually... they did technically save me. And Drago was the one who found them..."

"It doesn't matter," Leanne said, looking lovingly to the two pokemon. "I'm really happy the two are safe again. But... why did you two run away from home?"

Plusle and Minun.. also now known as Alm and Celica, both gave a saddened and pained look. "I think when their master was dead, they both ran from home to get stronger," explained Emma. "Remember what you said, her sister instructed those two look after you. And when she died, those two wanted to grow stronger so something doesn't happen to you either. They practiced their attacks nearby; like nearby the bakery, where that sudden blackout from within the small area happened. Well, at least, that's what I think. I'm usually wrong about these sorts of things, so... haha..."

"I see," said Leanne, in relief. "But, her being dead wasn't your faults, you two. It's regrettable, but... I'm sure she died, trying her best to help us live for the better. I'm sure she had no regrets."

Died... that triggered ssomething within Emma. Her memories. So... this was the final piece of the puzzle. Emma crossed her arms, giving a more serious vibe. "... About her death," she started. "She didn't just die."

"...Huh?" Leanne asked in shock. "What are you talking about?" Plusle and Minun both looked equally surprised, as they sat quietly to listen in.

Emma sighed, preparing to share the worst. "Remember when I've asked you, if I had seen you before?" Emma began. "Well, I realized, it wasn't you I've seen. But someone who looked just like you -- your sister. I saw her... dead. It was in Santalune Forest, as I recall. I saw her body; she was shot, point blank on her forehead, and was charred and burnt because of flames. I'm sorry to tell you this, but... she was killed."

"No..." said a flabbergasted Leanne. She was taken so far back by the news, that she collapsed upon her house's porch steps. Plusle and Minun looked grim as well, as if they were frozen in place. "Who... who could of possibly...?"

"I... I think I know who," said a more reluctant Emma. "My main case in this region all about them, actually. Team Cinder. They'll stop at nothing at killing and destroying lives, even their own men and women in the ranks. It's just unfortunate that your sister was one among them. But I... no, my friends and I, we're going to stop them. We will avenge your sister, just you wait and see!"

Leanne continued to look grim. Plusle and Minun, however, had other ideas. They both nodded in each other. They didn't need to think about what they wanted to do next. They both ran up to Emma, looking at her with fierce looks. Leanne looked up, seeing those two. She then stood up. She knows well enough what those two want.

"Emma?" Leanne said. "Take those two with you."

"What?" asked Emma. "But.. these pokemon both belong with you! And... and this is dangerous work I'm getting into..."

"Please, Emma," begged Leanne. "These two and I... we want justice for my sister!"

"Justice..." Emma repeated in a softer tone. The two pokemon, Alm and Celica, climbed their way up to Emma's respective shoulder's each. Drago wasn't really much caring for the idea, at least from his surfaced disgruntled expression, but deep down, he wanted new friends too. Emma looked the two, as they both nodded in her direction.

"I think this is what my sister wants too," Leanne explained. "I felt it. She was suffering deep down. She loved our family above all else. But for someone to take her away from us is just..."

"Yeah," Emma finished. "But still, she was a criminal. I can't forgive the actions of a criminal, let alone someone from Team Cinder. Still... even criminals are people, right? And when people die, they effect those who are left behind. I know that feeling all too clearly." she looked upon the two pokemon, then opened up her bag. "I'll do everything in my power for you guys. As for you two, you two can travel with me in the bag."

The Plusle and Minun were both delight as they both climbed inside Emma's travelling handbag. They both poked their heads out from it, greeting Leanne a warn cry of a goodbye."

That's right, even criminals are people...
...Including the ones from Team Cinder.

They live, and breathe just like the rest of us.
Why do they want to take away the preciousness of life away from us?

Why do criminals want to take away everything that's dear to us?
...That's why I can never forgive them.

Not now, not ever.

Red and Blue...
Case Closed

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Margarita Fas
Tower of Mastery : II
603MS.png
636MS.png
624MS.png
633MS.png
EggMS.png

"Why are you really here?"

Why are you really here?
Why are you really here?
Why are you really here?

Why? At first it echoed. It was a peculiar inquiry, one that assumed she had a motive slightly different than most.

But, she had no answer. At least, not one strong enough for her to respond honestly. "I don't know."

She really didn't know.

The gentleman continued to admire the beauty of the tower, not bothered by the few trainers that, like them, were not currently present in the festival.

"Interesting." He takes a few steps forward. "Many come here to test their strength while others simply seek to obtain this privilege with raw power without considering the true purpose of the tower. But then there are those who... stand out." Steadily he twisted his torso to glance at Margarita out of the corner of his eye. "Today, however, the tower has been greeted by many unique trainers with such fascinating motives. You are no exception."

"My motive for being here today is not noble. Nor interesting. And I'm sorry to disappoint," she interjects, unable to agree with the stranger. He fully turns around, face that of amusement. Why am I really here? "But I also don't know what to say. Originally it was to train, but." There was a slight pause as she collected her thoughts in hope an answer came tumbling down. "But I don't know. That's, unfortunately, all I can say."

He chuckled. "You intrigue me. I want to know you better."

"O-oh? I do?" Margarita stammered, the conversation never ceasing to amaze her. Her attention remains on the man, unable to predict what he will say next. "I want to know why."

"That will remain undisclosed until further notice," he responded in a rather coy manner, beginning a slow trek towards the second floor. His hands continued to rest within pant pockets. "My name. Do you want to know my name?"

Margarita ultimately decided to follow, oddly drawn to the man. "I won't stop you if that's what you want to know," she began, Larvesta at last making her appearance via her head popping out of the bag's opening. "And, why are you asking me?"

An eerie silence consumed the atmosphere between them, much to the dismay of Margarita. Rarely do people pique her interest, but there are definitely instances where her curiosity has overwhelmed the trainer such as with this individual.

Neither he or she spoke up during their journey ascending the tower. Not that she wished for him to display continuous undivided attention, but it's not often a character attempts to converse with her knowing how she may come off.

"Come back after your festival match," he at last broke the silence, turning to walk backwards into a dark corner upon reaching the topmost floor. "I'll be waiting." He faded into the black, only to suddenly emerge several feet above her, standing on a Steelix. This impressed the young woman.

Larvesta squeaked, feeling threatened with fur bristled. Margarita, however, had been hooked. Hypnotized. "I will," were the words that flowed out of her mouth. "Where do I wait for you?"

"Surprise me." And just like that her hypnotized state was broken by what she believed was uncalled for.

Margarita stood there for a few seconds before her one hand combed her hair, starting from her forehead and halting at the topmost part of her head with a puzzled expression. F*cking surprise him?

"Yeah... okay. I'll try."

"Wonderful, I will be waiting."

LuluRina

Years

Annika Jiraiya

luxio.gif
eevee.gif
zorua.gif
dragonair.gif
Shalour City Gym Battle

Korrina went over to Lucario to put it back into its Pokeball, while Annika went over to Bagel to do the same thing. "Good job, Bagel" Annika said, before putting his Pokeball back on her belt.

She then went over to her next mon, grabbing it off her belt as Korrina shouted "Go, Hawlucha!" Hawlucha appeared on the battlefield, running near Korrina.

Annika smiled and said "Go, Diopside!" She threw the Pokeball and Diopside came out, disguised as a Dragonair thanks to his ability. He started running about wildly, causing Annika to shout out "Diopside! Keep running but stay focused!" Diopside sheepishly ran back to Annika, this time running beside her.

"Your Pokemon is really excitable, huh?" Korrina said

"Yea, it's sometimes hard to keep him still" Annika replied, before telling Diopside "Okay, Diopside! Use Taunt!" Diopside smiled at the Hawlucha, before sticking his tongue out and beckoning it forward. It got really mad at this.

"Wait, how did..." Korrina started asking, before Annika shouted, "Great! Now use Torment!" Diopside started shouting at the Hawlucha. 'Zorua, Zorua!' Ha! You look like your mom. If your mom was an ugly wreck!

"That's not..." Korrina started saying as Hawlucha was affected by the words.

"Hawlucha, use Aerial Ace!" Hawlucha leapt into the air and aimed for Diopside, its body covering in a white light. It hit Diopside, knocking it back a little and destroying it's disguise.

"Gocha!" Korrina said, smiling. "Hawlucha, Flying Press!" Hawlucha leapt into the air again and went crashing down towards Diopside.

"Diopside! Dodge it and use Fury Swipes!" Annika shouted, and Diopside barely dodged it before getting his claws out and swiping furiously. It managed to get multiple hits on one wing before it ran too far to hit.

"Aerial Ace!" Korrina shouted, and Hawlucha was covered in a white light as it leapt back into the air.

"Pursuit!" Annika shouted, and Diopside ran forward, its body covering in darkness. It hit the Hawlucha head-on and knocked them both out of the air. They both recover quickly and continue running.

"Now use Flying Press!" Korrina said, and Hawlucha hit Diopside this time, knocking him flying. He slammed against the wall, but managed to get up and keep moving, however he was visually struggling a bit.
By this time the taunt had weared off. Korrina smiled and shouted "Now use Swords Dance!" swords surrounded the Hawlucha as it upped its attack stat. Diopside saw this and was intrigued, running towards the Hawlucha for a closer look as the Torment wore off and Korrina called for another swords dance.

Annika seized this opportunity when Diopside got close. "Now use Foul Play!" she shouted, and Diopside snapped out of his trance immediately, its body covering in darkness as it hit the Hawlucha, knocking it flying. It hit the wall, but managed to get back up quickly and start running again, with some near fall-overs.

"Flying Press!" Korrina shouted and Hawlucha leapt into the air.

"Foul Play!" Annika shouted, and Zorua bounced forward, hitting the Hawlucha square in the chest. They knocked each other out of the air and onto the ground. They both struggled to get up and keep moving, but by that time they could barely walk. After a little bit, the Hawlucha fell over and hit the ground, not moving at all a few seconds before Diopside did the same.

After a quick moment, the announcer said "Hawlucha has fainted! Annika wins!" Annika sighed and, removing the skates from her shoes, went towards Diopside, putting him back inside his Pokeball as Korrina did the same with Hawlucha.

"Good match!" Korrina said, skating up to her. "Although, it was a close victory for you. Maybe do less attacking head on and more dodging"

Annika turned to Korrina, saying "My strategy won, I'm sticking to it"

"Well, If you're sure you want to stick to your strategy, I won't stop you." Korrina replied. "Anyway, I present you with this, the Official Pokemon League Shalour City Gym Badge!" Korrina handed Annika the badge, and she gratefully accepted.

Obtained the Shalour City Gym Badge!

Annika left soon after, headed towards the Pokecenter. Now that the gym was done, she can focus full-on the festival.

1x Pokedex
10,050 Poke
5x Super Potion
2x Potion
6x Great Ball
4x Poke Ball
1x Mysterious Blue Stone
1x TM01 Focus Punch
1x Festival Tourney Pass
1x Drawing Notepad
1x Pencil
1x Sharpener
1x Eraser

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023

Caius Flynn, 21, ♂ ; Tower of Mastery, Kalos

dragonair.png
lucario.png
sylveon.png
ponyta.png

Memoria - Part 3

A nine-year old Caius walked through Veilstone City accompanied by an 18-year old Kaito. At the time, Kaito was off to investigate the crash site of the most recent meteor that hit the city. Caius had been bored all day, and with nothing better to do on his non-existent agenda, he begged Kaito to bring him along in his crash site adventure. The idea of excavating mounds of displaced dirt for shiny rocks Kaito called "mega stones" didn't sound all too exhilarating to the young Caius, but it was certainly better than cooping himself up inside his family's hotel room.

"Why exactly are these stones important?" He asked Kaito, tugging on his shirt to get his attention.

Kaito was on the lookout for his colleagues, who were going to help in the excavation effort. "It's complicated." He finally responded after letting a brief silence overtake the conversation, eyes still scanning the surrounding area.

Caius didn't feel like Kaito took his question seriously; he was probably right. Even the 9-year-old, in his limited wisdom, could tell that Kaito was being evasive by not giving him a proper answer. Perhaps he was just too preoccupied looking for his friends to give him the time of day, but that too didn't sit well with Caius; he hated being ignored.

"Aren't they just rocks? Putting the 'mega' part on their name doesn't make them any more special, you know." The boy grumbled, puckering his lips into a pout.

Kaito let out a chuckle at the comment. The little guy wasn't wrong, necessarily; he just didn't have the bigger picture. Leading into an example, Kaito pointed at the shy Dratini curling itself around Caius' leg. "Ryu here is eventually going to become a Dragonite, right?"

"What if I told you that he might be able to evolve even further?"

A focused gaze gave way to bewilderment as Caius realized it was indeed possible for his best friend to grow bigger and stronger than he normally could. He'd heard about the prospect before from Maya, but the girl was so prone to exaggeration he couldn't force himself to take her seriously.

"How can I do that with Ryu?" He asked the 18-year-old.

Kaito fished a Galladite out of his pants pocket and cupped it in his hands. "Using these."

Curiosity's flame was snuffed out in an instant, and Caius' eyes, which were clearly unimpressed by the stone Kaito presented before him, just seemed to glaze over at the sight. "That just looks like an oversized marble." He jeered.

Kaito felt a vein bulge on his forehead. "Oh, boo hoo. You generation Z kids and your unrealistic standards." He fired back, half-joking but half-serious.

A reception error prevented poor Caius from picking up on the "joke" part and immediately, he went on the defensive. In the next moment, he let it rip on Kaito. "I'm not the problem here; maybe you just have low standards." If his heart sank any lower at those words, Kaito would've ended up feeling an uncomfortable pressure between his butt cheeks. And he didn't want that.

Kaito shook his head. "Guess Razor and I will just have to show you what you're missing out on."

In an attempt to prove the tiny 9-year-old wrong, he released a Gallade from his Poké ball. After securing the mega stone inside Gallade's pendant, he raised his keystone in the air.

The keystone reacted to the mega stone and an outpouring of energy soon shot forth from the accessories, engulfing Kaito and his Gallade Razor in its wake.

Streaks of lightning seemed to arc around Razor after the orb of energy that once encased him in a shell dissipated. The Gallade had taken on a different form. His blade-like hands grew wider and sharper, and a cape now extended from his back, giving him a dignified look as it flapped with the wind.

It didn't take more than a single glance for Caius to comprehend his position. In a one-on-one battle, he knew his Pokémon stood no chance against the mega-evolved Gallade. Still, he wanted to try. His pride wouldn't allow him to back down.

"Feel free to use everything you have at your disposal against me." Kaito called out after planting his feet some distance away from Caius. "I wouldn't be opposed to fighting a 6-to-1 battle, either. Isn't that right, Razor?" He patted the Gallade on the head.

Hearing the comment, Razor broke out a devilish smile, as if to say he was looking forward to the experience.

Caius was thrown for a loop by the confidence that overflowed in Kaito's voice. And it wasn't just Kaito who was confident -- evidently, so was Razor.

Could a singular Pokémon handle such a one-sided battle? Caius wondered. Kaito certainly thought so, and that scared him. He could obviously tell that Razor was powerful, but Caius couldn't quite size him up. He'd have to figure things out in the heat of battle.

Since there was a vast difference in strength between the two trainers, Kaito put a handicap on himself to even the odds. After all, what he wanted to test were the bonds which tethered Caius to his Pokémon; he couldn't have cared less if the Pokémon themselves were individually stronger or weaker than his Gallade.

At first the move confused Caius. Why was Kaito going soft on him? Caius figured mega-evolution was reserved for the most formidable trainers. If he was an unworthy candidate from the get-go, why didn't Kaito deny him the challenge then and there? Why did he go out of his way to make the challenge easier for him? Was it because they were acquainted? Caius didn't understand.

Then it hit him.

"When Pokémon and trainer are in sync, a hidden power is unlocked..." He murmured to himself, recounting Kaito's words from the distant past.

The fog in his mind lifted, and in its aftermath, Caius came to an important realization: what he needed to display here was the extent of the bonds he had with his Pokémon.

He let the slightest hint of a smirk emerge from his lips as he gestured at Kaito. "I hope you aren't going to regret giving me the advantage like this."

Kaito liked his pluckiness. The guy was definitely going to need it for the thrashing he was about to serve up for him.

"Bold words coming from a rookie," he began, sounding like he was building up to some predetermined conclusion. "Razor and I have a lot of experience under our belts, so you'd best not underestimate us."

He finished with a taunt. "I wager that, even with all four of your Pokémon out on the field, you'd still fall short of beating us."

No more words needed to be exchanged. Now, it was time for action.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
mK9HwgQ.gif
Avril Morris
Shalour City
Chapter 19-1 | Unexpected Reunion

105px-Bug_Badge.png
105px-Cliff_Badge.png

Current Party:
W46QMUo.png
cVvTmtu.png
OasJDWr.png
pplf5fC.png
7TJZUzd.png
JbpgVLv.png

Avril stared at the tournament lineup in disbelief. Someone must have really thought that she needed a lot of grief in life recently. It was either that or Arceus itself thought that this was going to be absolutely hilarious. Now, Avril wasn't naive when it came to things like a tournament. She knew that there would be a multitude of trainers from across Kalos that she would have to face. Likewise, with so many of her former schoolmates all heading for Shalour City, the girl figured that it wouldn't be out of the ordinary that several of them would enter this tournament. That said, the last thing she expected was the very first match up in the tournament to be...

"Crane..." Avril thought, feeling more than just a little bit anxious at the moment. Yes, out of all the possible trainers in the tournament, Avril was matched up against a Crane. And while it wasn't Jackson that the blonde would have to be dealing with right out of the gate, it was still more than just a little bit nerve wracking who she did get matched up against. "Out of everyone here... It had to be Malorie Crane."

Avril had no idea that the girl in question was even a trainer. While she did indeed remember that she had given the girl her Mudbray a long time ago, all the way back when she and the others were beginning to make their departures from Lumiose to be exact, Avril was fairly certain that Jackson's younger sister was more of just an admirer of the creatures so to speak. In fact, she was fairly certain that the Mudbray was actually helping Malorie get around when she parted ways with the Crane siblings back then.

Meanwhile, also just outside the arena, but at the other side, Malorie too was shaking in her boots. She had wanted to show Jackson AND Avril that she had become stronger... much stronger. Benjamin too! The little Mudsbray she had been gifted, the single moment of generosity that had inspired her so much. Both of them had grown up so much since that time a few months prior. Now fully evolved and packing a powerful moveset to boot? Malorie had been so eager to show the two trainers who had given her a pokémon of her own just how far she'd come. In terms of her health as well as her strength.

Yet, to think, they'd both be going up against Avril for the very first round? Sure she wanted to show off her strength, but could she do that while fighting against the one who had granted it to her? Much like Avril, she was glad at least that it wasn't Jackson she was facing off against, but that was a small comfort. "...Benjie, I'm worried. I know we said this was the right thing but..." She placed a hand to the Mudsdale's neck and patted him lightly. He was nervous too, maybe moreso than her. Avril had saved him. She had given him hope and a chance when it seemed like he had none left. Avril had let him find Malorie too, as two broken individuals, both with so much to gain and not much left to lose, they had become stronger. Benjamin didn't want to let Avril down, not after everything she had done.

"But we have to... right?" Malorie smiled gently and nodded to her Pokémon, glancing into his emphatic eye. "For Avril, for Jackson, for the Professor too... we owe it to them to show them what we've done, to let them see our strength. You think so too, right... Benjamin?" While it hesitated for a moment, after taking a deep breath the Mudsdale's eyes squinted with a small smile and he nodded, rearing up a little and neighing his approval. Just in time too, now that the previous fight had ended, it was their turn to take the stage. A member of the staff approached Malorie at the same time one did Avril.

"Miss Morris?"

"Miss Crane?"

"It's time for your battle."

"Right... I'll be right out," Avril responded. She put on her best smile for the staff member as they left, before turning to face the Jigglypuff by her side. "Okay, Mint... I guess it's now or never. We need to go out there and give it our all, you know?" She paused, thinking for a moment. Was it really in her best interest to go out there and throw all of her energy into this? She didn't want to accidentally put too much into this and hurt Malorie or anything of the sort... She could already picture Jackson's death glare... which she was pretty sure was a normal expression for the young man given a majority of their interactions, but it was generally never aimed at her. Then again, if she went too easy it might be just as bad. "I got a feeling there's no way outta this thing clean, huh?"

She glanced down at Mint, the Jigglypuff too busy staring at the door to the arena and then back at her trainer with excitement plastered all over her face. Avril didn't know why she was even bothering questioning her concerns to the Jigglypuff. So long as Mint got to properly throw down in a good battle, anything was good to her apparently.

With a sigh, Avril motioned for Mint to follow her and the duo made their way out to the tournament arena. As they got closer, the Pokémon and her trainer could hear the cries of excitement echoing out into the Shalour night sky. For something that was supposed to be such a simple little tournament, it certainly was drawing a lot of attention. In that regard, Avril began to reach the conclusion that giving anything less than 100% was not going to be well received.

Malorie was already waiting inside... and immediately Avril would notice she was different than before. She stood with a warm gaze, just as she had before, but she stood up straight now with no walker in sight. She wore new clothes comfortably and confidently and her hair was different, a similar color now to Jackson's and even Avril's own, cut shorter to reach just below her shoulders. Her hand was placed to Benjamin's neck once more and the large Pokémon whinnied in acknowledgement as he noticed Avril approaching. He had evolved from the Mudsbray that the approaching trainer had given to Malorie so long ago. In seeing her, standing there, all of his fear had melted away.

"Avril..." Malorie said a little quietly, but loud enough to be heard. She wasn't sure what to say, meeting this person now on the field of battle, so she could only speak what she felt, smiling gently all the while. "It's... good to see you again."

Avril was speechless upon her reuniting with Malorie. It was like she was a completely different person than the girl she parted with back in Lumiose. "W-Wow... I... I hardly even recognized you," she eventually managed to spit out. "I guess there's no point in my asking if you've been doing well, the answer's pretty obvious."

"Ah well... hehe..." Malorie giggled lightly in embarrassment, gently rubbing the back of her head in a pose that very much imitated Jackson's when he was embarrassed. "...in reality, it's only thanks to you and-"

"Pardon me, Miss?" Malorie jumped slightly as she was interrupted, before gazing up starstruck at the gentleman who had done so. He was tall, sleek and handsome, his voice stern and strong as steel. His eyes shone in the moonlight and Malorie had to struggle to compose herself as she was greeted by the magnificence of one Steven Stone. "Why don't you tell the audience your name... and what it is you're doing here?" He smiled warmly and held the microphone out to her, which she spoke into gently. Smiling with a modicum of self understanding as she did so.

"My name... is Malorie Crane." It was the first time she had ever announced it like that, it felt good to say it out loud. "...and I'm here to show my gratitude."

Steven smiled and nodded his understanding, even as a portion of the crowd scratched their heads in confusion. Moving swiftly to the other side of the arena, he smiled an exceedingly charming smile to Avril in turn, holding out the microphone as he had before. "And you miss? I would ask of you the same."

Avril felt her cheeks suddenly heat up. Battling was one thing, but suddenly being put on the spot was something completely different. Besides, what was she supposed to say for her intro? That she was forced to be here by her older sister's insistence? Avril was fairly certain that the only response that she'd receive from the crowd in that regard was one of pity, a feeling that she really wasn't looking forward to getting.

"My name's Avril Morris," the girl began, though not without a prod on the back of her leg from her Jigglypuff. She paused for a moment, her head flowing with different responses until she finally settled on one."And um... I guess I'm here to see how strong I've gotten since this whole journey of mine started..."

Steven noticed her reluctance, but gave her time and patience, as the words left her lips he smiled in turn, satisfied. "Both wonderful answers! I'm impressed by this young talents resolve..." He smiled and turned to the audience swiftly with his words, leading all around to clap and cheer their approval. "Now young trainers... the moment of conflict appears. Both of your Pokémon are ready and waiting... so now this battle begins!"

"Alright then... Let's give it all we've got, Malorie... Benjamin," Avril stated, taking a deep breath before putting on her game face. As if to echo her trainer's point, the Jigglypuff by her side puffed out her cheeks before flexing one of her stubby little arms. "Mint, start things off with a Body Slam!"

The Jigglypuff wasted no time in obeying Avril's orders. She quickly bounded forward, puffing out her round body with each step before suddenly launching herself straight in the Mudsdale's direction. Avril kept her focus on Benjamin the entire time, the girl being quite curious to see just what her former Pokémon had learned during their time apart.

Malorie grinned a little as the thrill of battle took over. She shared more than she cared to admit with her brother sometimes, it was true. Now that she was fighting she felt the same rush he assumed took over him as well. A determination to win, after all, he was watching her. She knew he was. "Benjamin... brace yourself with iron defense!" The Mudsdale whinnied and reared, slamming its hooves into the ground below and stancing up. The small hairs on his body tightened and flattened, glowing a slick silver for a moment as Benjamin's defense increased significantly. His eyes focused on the Jigglypuff as it approached, there was a solidified determination in that gaze. Confidence and discipline was evident in the large Pokémon's stance, it had become the type of character to obey orders without question regardless of the origin. The amount of trust he now seemed to have in Malorie was deep.

Mint slammed into Benjamin hard, but while the attack chipped away slightly at Benjamin's HP, the raised defense of the draft horse negated a lot of the incoming blow. However, Malorie's strategy wasn't done just yet... as the balloon Pokémon bounced back Benjamin closed his eyes and focused, catching his breath after the attack and using the force of the impact to adapt to Mint's power. Instantly he huffed out and the slick metal hairs shimmered on his body once more. His defense had increased even further.

"High Horsepower!" Malorie called out and Benjamin responded, eager to show his strength. Rearing up before landing hard he broke into a charge towards Mint, before sliding to a stop and spinning swiftly, bucking his back hooves towards Mint with a powerful ground type impact.

Avril winced herself as Benjamin slammed his hooves into Mint. The Jigglypuff let out a loud wail that was full of both pain and surprise, the balloon Pokémon just barely managing to regain her composure before she would have crashed into her trainer. Avril let out a small sigh of relief as Mint climbed back up to her feet, shooting off a rather angry looking glare in the direction of the Mudsdale. Clearly the Jigglypuff was not amused.

"Let's go Mint, you can do this," Avril encouraged, trying her best to reassure the pink Pokémon. "Go for a Gyro Ball!"

Mint quickly began to spin around on the ground, the Jigglypuff collecting a great deal of velocity and speed as she spun in a tight circle. With a sudden, loud cry Mint flung herself forward towards Benjamin. The Pokémon was rolling so fast that Avril could have sworn that she saw smoke coming from her.

"Benjamin use Bulldoze!" Rearing up once more and turning in place to face his opponent, Benjamin's hooves surrounded themselves with a crushing ground type aura. Eagerly he charged forward, the ground shaking slightly with his vast weight, his head poised to slam into Mint full force. However, in his desire to get there as fast as possible, he failed to see the trajectory and movement of Mint's spinning. Missing by just a hair's width, he attempted to stop, sliding to a grind across the flagstones as Mint collided hard with his side. A whiney of pain echoed from the horse as he stumbled somewhat off balance and Malorie winced as her Pokémon suffered the critical hit.

Still, even with a chunk of HP gone, Benjamin's special ability activated again. With the power of Stamina, his muscles tensed to the impact, hardening his form even further and boosting his defense more and more with every attack.

He could take a few more hits like this, Malorie knew the Pokémon's ability to withstand damage better than anyone. Still, chipping away at Mint wasn't going to do much of anything either. She was far too quick for Benjamin to flail around at... he had to lure her into a false sense of security. Malorie nodded to herself, putting her faith in the plan. No more room for hesitation. "Benjamin... Bide your time!" Nodding it's head Benhamin slammed all four hooves into the ground, becoming the immovable object, he closed his eyes and braced himself for whatever Mint could throw at him next.

"Mint, use Gyro Ball again!" Avril ordered.

Jigglypuff continued on her spinning tirade. The pink Pokémon essentially made a u-turn before making her way back towards Benjamin with just as much speed and force as she did the first time. Without missing a beat, Mint slammed her rapidly spinning form into the Mudsdale. He grunted in response to the attack, clearly feeling some of the pain from the velocity at which Avril's Jigglypuff was moving, however the reaction from the Mudsdale was... visibly less than Avril was expecting. In fact, he seemed to be hardly moving at all. A part of it reminded the girl of her time with Benjamin back in Lumiose and Santalune City.

"...Mint, Body Slam now!" Avril ordered. Mint released herself from her furious spinning long enough to jump her way forward. The Jigglypuff' took a deep breath, increasing her size a bit before throwing herself at Benjamin with all the strength she could muster. Once more however, there seemed to be very little effect from the attack. Benjamin remained firm in his stance, as if the battle wasn't even happening. "What in the world is going on...?"

Both times as the attack hit, Benjamin's hairs grew tougher and his form bolstered in strength. His muscles were tight and an aura infused with ground type energy and flecks of sparkling iron surrounded him now. His defense had been raised by six stages, to its absolute maximum... and after two turns of attacks, the Mudsdale's attack was ready to be unleashed. All of the energy and damage Benjamin had taken so far rushed through his body and focused on his forehead, the ground and iron aura rushing to that singular point and letting his forehead light brightly with energy and power.

"Benjie now! Unleash bide!" Suddenly rejoining the battle in force, Benjamin rushed forward, without caution or hesitation he put everything on the line, moving towards Mint at rapid speed, his head lowered to collide with the balloon Pokémon, in an attack that was poised to decide the entire battle.

"Damn it! Mint, Sing!" Avril cried out.

In a surprising change of pace, Mint's spinning came to a screeching halt. The pink Pokémon quickly stood to her feet and calmed herself... before closing her eyes and beginning to sing out a somewhat soothing melody. Despite the charging rampage that was Benjamin, the Jigglypuff seemed to be completely at peace. A soft smile escaped her lips as the gentle melody echoed out into the stadium, one that was causing even Avril to have difficulties keeping her eyes open. Still, she remained resolute in her attempts to stay awake. Much to her surprise and delight, it seemed like her last ditch effort to stop the oncoming onslaught was working.

Avril noticed that Benjamin's speed began to drop drastically, his movements becoming quite sluggish and even clumsy. His eyelids began to droop as he approached the singing Pokémon, until he just... stopped. The Mudsdale was only mere inches from Mint as he simply could not hold his eyes open any longer. The Mudsdale let out a tired, loud yawn of sorts before falling to the ground and slipping into that peaceful state of slumber... and it was at that point, that Avril knew she had to make her move.

"Mint, finish him off with a Wake-Up Slap!" she cried out.

The Jigglypuff's crooning came to an end and her peaceful face was replaced with one of eagerness and confidence. Without wasting a single moment, Mint hopped in front of the napping Benjamin and readied the palm of her stubby little hands. What followed was a mighty set of slaps that repeatedly struck the Mudsdale, before the Jigglypuff pulled back and suddenly outright punched the horse Pokémon square in the middle of his face.

A surprised whiney was what followed, Benjamin rearing back at the sudden onslaught of strikes, he did his best to gather his bearings, quickly pulling himself to his feet... but as Mint moved in, Benjamin stopped moving, instead letting out a small sigh. For the last second before the final blow he caught Malorie's gaze, she was smiling. The punch collided hard with Benjamin's back and finally his immovable defenses dropped, he stumbled backwards and lost his balance, his still sleepy mind a haze of directions and dizziness... but as he struggled to hold on he couldn't quite manage to stay standing.

There was a loud thud as Benjamin slammed onto the ground, falling onto his side and letting out a lip flapping breath before falling unconscious. There was silence for a moment, as if the crowd was struggling to make sense of what happened, before they burst into cheers and applause.

"Benjamin the Mudsbray is KO'd!" Steven cried out to the excited audience, gesturing to the battlefield before them, just before a solemn but still smiling Malorie returned her friend to his poké ball. "The winner is the lovely Miss Avril Morris!"

Mint stood proud, the Jigglypuff beaming over her accomplishment of taking down the massive Mudsdale. Avril on the other hand, while thrilled that she and Mint had managed to win their first round in the tournament proper, seemed to be a bit more reserved than the dancing pink ball of joy. The girl made her way over towards Malorie and smiled softly at the younger of the Crane siblings, before offering a hand towards the girl.

"That was incredible, Malorie!" Avril exclaimed. "If Mint had taken just one second longer, you would've definitely had us licked."

Malorie smiled gently at Avril, flushing slightly at the compliment. "Aha... I don't think it was all that fantastic..." She was bashful... and more than a little tired just from that small amount of activity. Still, a little bit of pride shone through despite it all. "I don't think I was ever going to win really... I didn't come here to win, not against you, or my brother." Her smile took on a little bit of sadness, her gaze softening as she could see passed Avril for just a moment. Leaning against the side of one of the stands she saw him there waiting. Jackson had of course been watching the whole thing. Would he be annoyed that she entered without telling him?

He was smiling... so maybe this had been a good decision after all.

"I'm not that strong, not yet, maybe not ever... even if i change the way I look, how I dress, or the color of my hair. I know it'll be a while longer before I can get to the level that all of you are standing at now." She chuckled a little and smiled a little brighter. "It's hardly fair to call me amazing when all of you are the only reason I got this far... when you're the reason I have to become stronger." She gingerly took Avril's hand, the delicate touch making it clear that despite the strength she showed, Malorie was still frail. Every last drop of her energy had been expended for just this battle alone. "You're the amazing ones... you're the strength I aspire to have. So, I promise, one day I'll meet you there, at the pique of a trainer's strength."

A distant look came to Avril's eyes. "Can't become stronger just based on looks...? You know, you're more right about that than you could possibly know." Shaking the thought from her head, Avril returned her focus to Malorie. "I'm looking forward to it, Malorie. Trust me, you're only gonna be going up from here. I can tell." As if to mirror her sentiment, Mint walked up and placed one of her stubby little hands against Malorie's leg. The pink Pokémon nodded knowingly, before jabbering away, something that Avril could only assume was some encouraging words for the girl. "Uh, yeah... What she said!"

"Pfrt... hehehe..." Malorie placed a hand to her mouth to stifle a giggle, before taking the one holding Avril's to pat the small balloon Pokémon on the head. "Maybe one day, I can't let myself fall too far behind him, a-"

"And so it is contestants! Our next pair of opponents will now be taking to the stage!" Steven declared, leaving the crowd to cheer wildly in approval once more. Two festival staff approached the girls as they still stood in the midst of the arena, each one beckoning and explaining to the pair that they were to exit at opposing sides as they had entered, so that the next match to begin.

"O-Oh... right! Ehaha..." Malorie blushed further, awkward at the realization that they were still in front of a crowd. As she was ushered away, she quickly peeked over her shoulder to wave back at Avril and Mint. "Thank you! Both of you! The next time we meet on the battlefield, don't expect to win! Isn't that what trainers usually say?"

"Heh... Yeah! We're looking forward to it!" Avril called back, making her exit with Mint by her side. She really wasn't sure just what the future had in store for herself. That said, she knew things were definitely going to be looking bright for Malorie.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

roselia-female.png
lucario.png
arcanine.png
plusle.png
minun.png
espeon.png
lapras.png
milotic-female.png
bagon.png
OVA 1: About the friends

Emma had some important case paperwork to fill out, so she left her pokemon behind in the Pokemon Center's play area. It was about time the group had some down time, from what has been going on. The group were all together, doing their own thing. Alm the Minun, and Plusle the Celica were both new members of the team, so things have been a little awkward for them for a while.

"What's the matter, new cuties?" asked Vida the Roselia, Emma's starter pokemon. She approached the new two members of the group with her loving, cheerful yet empathetic ways. "Feeling a bit shy?"

"Well, uh," said Alm the Minun, the bother of the two. "Don't take it the wrong way, we're just not used to so many pokemon together like this before."

"We've been always at home helping out with chores," said Celica the Plusle, the sister of the two. "We hadn't been outside much."

"I see," Vida responded. She then turned to the rest of the pokemon. "Ok! How about this, why don't we all introduce each other? We actually hadn't done that too much; I'm really curious to get to know you all!"

"Well, I'm not," said Titania the Milotic. She was beautiful, but awfully abrasive and snobby. Perhaps that was an attitude change after evolving. "Do you have any idea how much times you all make my skin crawl on a regular basis?"

"Bwahahaha! That is a silly thing to be concerned about for Kaen!" responded Kaen the Arcanine. He likes to talk about himself highly. "Even Kaen could catch up to his own skin when it crawls!"

"Kaen, it's called a figure of speech," Titania responded. "Do things like that go over your head?"

"Nothing goes over Kaen's head!" explained Kaen. "Kaen's reflexes are too fast. He will simply catch it."

"I am part of the biggest group of idiots in the region..." Titania sighed.

"Me thinks group intro is good idea!" said Espeon, also known as Linde. Linde was not like the others; she was raised fighting all her life, becoming feral every day. Thus, language was not her strength. "Connections good. Bond stronger. We stronger together."

"Aye!" Julia the Lapras agreed. She was a pokemon Emma had saved from a member of the Emerald Dragon's, after her trainer had been killed. She had a bit of an islander accent, and sense of idioms. "It takes all kinds to steer the boat, and to use an oar! I'm actually kind of a new member of the team too, so I'd love to get to know you all!"

"Grah! You wanna know about ME? VERY WELL!" said an enthusiastic Drago, the Bagon. Drago was mischievous, yet loves a good battle. Beating powerful opponents, and biting on to things, was his favourite hobbies. "I am the BEST. Do you know about the best? I JUST told you! I am the BEST! POP QUIZ! Who is the best? Is it DRAGIE? BZZZT! IT IS DRAGO!"

"As usual, Drago," Vida said with a chuckle. She then turned towards Kagura, the Lucario, who was resting against the wall, with her arms crossed. "How about you, Kagura dear?" Kagura only responded with a nod. She was awfully quiet -- the most quiet member of the team. Still, Vida accepted it, and gave her a smile. "Alrighty then! Group up, friends!"

"Now then, allow me to start first!" Vida said, after the group fully gotten together. "I was Emma's very first pokemon on her journey. We've always been together; through good times, and bad times. I was a Budew when Emma first started, but I evolved into a Roselia by the time we were at Lumiose!" Vida cheerfully twirled around. but she then gave a less cheerful look. "Emma went through a lot. I really, really want to grow stronger for her, so she would have less worries... but all I can do is do everything I can."

"Ah, yes! Become strong like Kaen," said Kaen. "Strong like Kaen, kind like Vida. a combination even Kaen respects!" Kaen then stood up from the spot he was sitting down in. "Kaen was strong, but was treated as a monster. The chaos of the blooming Santalune Forest is where master Emma caught me. She was not very fond of Fire-type Pokemon, but she took Kaen either way when Kaen was still a Growlithe. Kaen promises to be stronger and stronger, which he will!"

"Whatever..." Titania mocked, rolling her eyes. She looked quite sullen... almost blushing. "Look, I-I was a ugly Feebas, before Emma evolved me, okay? There, I said it. Are you happy now? But it's not like... it's not like I desperately wanted to evolve or anything..."

"Ohoho, you totally did!" Julia laughed, only to be met with a piercing stare by Titania, who seemingly turned away in disgust. "My trainer was killed by a cruel man, that he was. Emma saved me. and took me in! I hadn't gotten much battling yet, but when I do, I'll turn everyone into sushi!"

"Lame," Drago yawned. "Let ME tell you what to do! You should BLAST them into oblivion, and then BLAST the foolish trainer who sent out that weakling pokemon!"

"Now Drago, we can't solve all our problems by blasting everyone..." Vida warned.

"AND WHY NOT?" Drago shouted. "I'll BLAST everyone SO MUCH that there will BE no more WARS! Everyone will already be BLASTED!" Drago then calmed down a little. "Papa always told me to fight and BLAST big and strong opponents, so that one day, I'll be strong enough to FLY. But, Papa was killed by those Emerald Dragons. I'll become stronger than him, and BLAST those guys away!"

"Me... don't know what do," Linde added. "Me born to fight. Had no past. Fighting was everything. Fighting... and hunting. Now adopted by Emma. I am... lost. Perhaps I find purpose now. Purpose that is not fighting. "

"You're all so different," Alm recognized. "It's kinda amazing, really."

"Yes!" added Celica. "But still, maybe... maybe we can be all friends!"

"Of course dears," Vida smiled, as she turned to Kagura. "Kagura? Do you have something you wanna share?" Kagura simply shook her head, and headed her own way, leaning back towards the wall. Vida sighed. It was typical of her, but she would of hoped Kagura would lighten up. "Don't worry about Kagura," Vida explained. "She's quiet and tough to read, but she's a loyal friend through and through."

"I see," responded Celica. "Well, I hope we can become friends too, Kagura!"

"Yeah!" Alm added. "Best friends!"

Kaen let off a hearty chuckle. "You know, you two are awfully cute. And quite... similar."

"Right," agreed Titania. "As in, they're both just kids." Alm and Celica turned to the group, seemingly in a trigger.

"I am NOT as immature as heshe is!" they both said in unison, to both of their surprise. "SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND STOP INTERRUPTING!" they both shouted at each other. The group started to laugh in enjoyment. "Quit laughing!" they both said, as they turned to each other, then turned back away, pouting and crossing their arms.

Kagura looked on to the group as they seemed to be having fun. She gave a small smile her self, as she then turned away. "This is sure to be an interesting journey..." she said to herself, seemingly in a curious anticipation.

Emma's pokemon were like a dysfunctional family.
While at home they may quarrel,
Outside, they are a team.

About the Group...
Case Closed

Last edited:
Years
Kade Andrews
Round 1: Kade vs Dwayne
397.png
Stratus (Female, Reckless) - Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double-Edge, Aerial Ace, Double Team
662.png
Contrail (Male, Big Pecks) - Flame Charge, Roost, Quick Attack, Steel Wing, Ember, Aerial Ace
163.png
Noctilucent (Male, Insomnia) - Tackle, Foresight, Hypnosis, Feather Dance, Peck
741-s.png
Cumulus (Female, Dancer) - Pound, Air Slash, Helping Hand, Roost, Feather Dance, Captivate
566.png
Floccus (Male, Defeatist) - Quick Attack, Agility, Ancient Power, Dragon Breath, Acrobatics, Quick Guard
430.png
Nimbus (Male, Moxie) - Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Night Shade, Haze, Wing Attack, Sky Drop

"Now we introduce our next two competitors," Steven said, addressing the crowd with a conversational tone "From right here in Shalour City: Dwayne Cheeseman and his opponent, Kade Andrews who hails from Laverre City. This is sure to be an exciting match!"

Kade strode out into the sunlight, paying little attention to the applause from the onlookers. He glanced up skyward hopefully before finally turning his attention to his opponent. The man opposite Kade had an interesting appearance to say the least. He had somewhat darker skin, was pushing seven feet tall and was so monstrously well built that he made the average Machoke look a little on the skinny side. Despite this however, he donned too-tight, velvety purple trousers and a matching dress vest. There was no shirt below it and it was too small to close over his muscular frame, leaving his washboard abs and bulging pectorals exposed. A cravat hung loosely around his neck and his dark hair was slicked back tight over his skull. Even someone as socially inept as Kade could tell this was a strange-looking guy.

"Hello, good sir, I'm looking forward to a fabulous battle," Dwayne said in a deep, but oddly silky voice.

"Me too," Kade said, still not entirely sure what to make of the person across from him, "I think."

Steven, for his part, looked even more bemused than Kade, but was quicker to cover it up. He straightened his tie before speaking once more.

"Well, with both trainers ready, we'll start the battle."

Kade reached down and took the azure form of the Flight Ball into his hand, expanding it to its full size. This was the moment of truth. It was time to see if Nimbus was ready to work with him. He tossed the ball and it exploded open with a bright white light and what appeared to be a swirling of clouds.

From the light, the large black-feathered form of Nimbus the Honchkrow materialised. He looked around the arena, getting his bearings. Then he turned to Kade, gave what seemed to be a begrudging, slight nod of his head and spread his sizeable wings to take flight, leaving Kade beaming until he was brought to earth by Dwayne's uncomfortably smooth voice.

"I must say, that is simply a magnificent Honchkrow," Dwayne said, "It is quite the pity that this match up is not to his favour. Brutus, if you please."

There was a second flash as the hulking stone beast appeared, red crystalline protrusions glinting in the sun. It stepped forward with each of its four stone legs, each movement heavy on the earth below. From above, Nimbus gave a squawk that sounded more like a scoff. This was one bird that wasn't going to be intimidated by a type disadvantage.

"If you think that, I can promise you meeting Nimbus will change your mind," Kade said, still floating on air that Nimbus seemed willing to work with him. He was barely aware of who he was battling now.

"I dare say we shall see about that," Dwayne smirked "Brutus, use Rock Blast!"

The Gigalith made a low, rumbling sound before unleashing the attack. Grains of sand coalesced into stones before it and fired one after the other into the air towards Nimbus.

"Spiral dodge!" Kade instructed, and to his delight, Nimbus immediately gilded into a loose spiral around the incoming projectiles causing them to fly past him and break apart into a cloud of dust in the air behind him. Before Kade could give him the order to do so, Nimbus was already streaking towards the monolithic Rock type. "Works for me, Night Slash!"

Nimbus' wings darkened even deeper, outlined in a nefarious purple glow. He swung his flight pattern to the side and swept his wing across the Gigalith, the Rock type giving a shout of pain as the attack made contact. Nimbus immediately rounded on the Gigalith again and repeated the process with his other wing. Kade grinned, this was more like it.

"That is indeed quite impressive, but we aren't done yet," Dwayne said confidently, "Stone Edge, my Brutus!"

Jagged stones erupted from the ground, savage pillars rushing up from the earth in a line after the low flying Nimbus.

"Wing Attack!" Kade yelled. Nimbus' wings glowed with a bright white this time as the attack caught up to him. He pulled up and whipped around as the last stone was about to strike him. Several members of the crowd gasped with surprise as despite the type disadvantage, Nimbus' wings smashed through the rock and he was only slightly thrown off kilter by the collision "Clear those with Night Shade!"

A shadow aura flowed over Nimbus and then shot forward, its shape mimicking that of the Honchkrow's. It spread its wings wide as it crashed through the line of jagged obelisks leaving a trail of debris before striking Brutus. The Gigalith dug its powerful legs into the ground as it was sent skidding back along the battlefield.

"I must say, your bird is putting up a surprisingly good fight," Dwayne said "But I am afraid your defeat is still iminent. Gravity!"

Kade groaned, the change in the battlefield palpable. As though some invisible fist had punched him from above, Nimbus was slammed suddenly to the ground and found himself unable to return to the air, his thrashing and pushing serving to get him to his feet and no further. He let out a low, annoyed sound - the closest a bird had ever gotten to growling.
"I really hate that move," Kade sighed.

"I imagine you would," came the response "Stone Edge again and then Headbutt, please."

Brutus was happy to oblige, taking a few steps forward, far less hindered it seemed b the strange gravitational effect. Then it stomped its hefty foot to the ground and once more the jagged stones erupted from the ground like spines, the line racing for Nimbus."

"Night Shade!" Kade instructed as the stones came in closer and closer. One more the shadowy aura flowed over Nimbus and then shot forward as a winged phantom, smashing through the rocks as they came. The attacks petered out leaving two of the stone columns standing before the Gigalith.

"Well well, not bad for a grounded bird. Headbutt, Brutus." Brutus started moving forward, building speed. He wasn't a particular fast Pokemon but his great bulk and stone body added force to his momentum. He barreled through the two remaining pillars and rushed forward in an attempt to ram Nimbus.

"Sucker Punch!" Kade responded hurriedly and Nimbus narrowed his eyes in the approximation of a smirk. As Brutus closed in he shifted forward awkwardly on his feet and flung his wing out in a backhand swipe.

Caught by surprise, Brutus was knocked sidewards and skidded back along the battlefield at an angle from his previous trajectory. Nimbus cawed mockingly at the Rock type as it charged again.

The mismatched Pokemon clashed repeatedly, Brutus rushing Nimbus and the Honckhrow narrowly deflecting him, taking some damage each time from the shear mass of the the herculean Pokemon he was deflecting. Kade couldn't help but feel his heart beating that bit faster with each collision and Dwayne seemed to finally be getting slightly frazzled, his confident smirk shifting into a grimace.

"Finish this, Heavy Slam!" Dwayne ordered, and as he did so something in the atmosphere changed again. The air around the arena felt thinner. Kade smiled.

"Sky Drop!" He called, knowing Nimbus was about to be in the air where he belonged once more.

Brutus charged the Honchkrow, pressing off the ground and heaving his massive body into the air as Nimbus flapped his wings. The enormous Gigalith beared down upon Nimbus as he took flight, narrowly slipping below the bird and brushing his talons. Then those talons lashed out and dug into Brutus' body as with an extraordinary effort he slammed his wings into the air, flapping harder than ever before against the Gigalith's immense weight, rising as much as he could despite the strain. Then, unable to take it anymore, he thrust his legs down and let go, pushing the Gigalith towards the ground below.

The Rock type slammed into the ground with an impact that rang out through the arena and beyond. Brutus started struggling to return to his feet as Kade gave the follow up instruction.

"Night Shade!"

As Brutus was almost back up, the phantasmal attack crashed into him from above with an explosive impact, knocking him back down. This time, the Gigalith didn't get back up.

As Nimbus landed in front of Kade, he stepped forward to hug the bird, but the Honchkrow stepped back. Kade stopped and smiled at him.

"Fair enough," he said pleasantly, watching as Dwayne recalled his Pokemon and made to exit the arena. "You did really well, Nimbus. I'm pleased we can work together now."

Nimbus inclined his head slightly before he was enveloped by clouds and a light drew him back into the Flight Ball. Still smiling to himself, Kade turned and exited the arena - freezing suddenly when he saw a young woman dressed in black shorts and tights but a violently yellow shirt walking towards him. She was imposingly tall with black hair, a dark tan and bright amber eyes.

"Not too bad," Sky said, grinning widely "Definitely better than our last battles and it seems that Honchkrow of yours has defrosted a little bit. I'll see you in the next round."

"You're competing?" Kade said, still adjusting to the out of the blue appearance of his rival and mentor.

"Of course," Sky said, trademark grin still plastered on here face "Well, winning more like it."

"I guess I'll have to see about that."

"I guess you will!"

Sky poked her tongue out at him before making her way towards the battlefield and Kade headed off to get Nimbus healed up and watch her battle. He was looking even more forward to the next round now, he was confident that Sky could win her battle.

Spoiler: Pokemon at Sanctuary
022.png
Arcus (Male, Sniper) - Drill Run, Leer, Pursuit, Fury Attack, Aerial Ace, Mirror Move

Key Items
- 1200Poké
- 1 Pokédex
- 1 Holocaster
- Flight Saddle

Medicine
- 3 Potions
- 1 Super Potion

Pokeballs
- 1 Pokéball
- 2 Great Balls

Technical Machines
- Bug Bite (TM)
- Aerial Ace (TM)
- Sky Drop (TM)
- Ancient Power (TM)
- Power-Up Punch (TM)

General Items
- Pearls
- Spell Tag (worn by Cumulus)

LuluRina

Years

Annika Jiraiya

luxio.gif
eevee.gif
zorua.gif
dragonair.gif
Tournament Round 1

Annika walked into the waiting place for the tournament. She had already notified the people that she was there, so all she had to do was wait for her call. While she was waiting, she sat down, took out her drawing stuff, and, turning to a blank page in her notebook, started drawing, planning to make a forest with a river going over a hill. She had just finished the hill and was starting on the river when…

"May Annika Jiraiya please come to the field for her battle"

Annika nearly dropped her pencil when the speakers announced that. She got up and quickly put her stuff away, and left the room to go to the battling field.

She stood just outside, looking out on the wave of people on the stands. She had a moment of nervousness until it was washed away when she saw the announcer -

Steven Stone

She was so focused on her drawing that she didn't notice that he was here. She was in shock for a moment, before she composed herself as he was saying -

"Now it is time for our next set of competitors. Please welcome them onto the field!"

Annika walked out onto the field as the crowds cheering roared in the stands. She looked over at her opponent, and saw that this man was old. He had grey hair and his face was wrinkly, however he walked perfectly normal.

Steven walked over to the old man, microphone still in hand. "Good evening kind sir" he began. "Would you mind telling us your name and why you are here today?"

The old man smiled and said "Greetings to you. My name is Lawrence, and I'm honestly just here to test the skill of these youngins. I wish to see first hand how they handle their Pokemon"

Annika liked him as soon as he answered the question, and the crowd cheered. Steven walked over to Annika and asked her the same set of questions. "I'm Annika" she replied, deciding to withhold her last name in case others knew it, "And I'm partly here to win. I'm also kinda here to have fun!" Once again, the crowd roared of approval.

"Very well then" Steven said, heading back to the middle of the battlefield. "You both may send out your pokemon and the battle will begin!" He stepped back, allowing the entire field to the two competitors.

"Hope you put up a good match!" Lawrence said, getting the Pokeball from his belt. Annika smiled and replied "You too!"

"Go Bagel!" Annika shouted, throwing her Pokeball and Bagel popping out as Lawrence sent out his Delcatty.

"Nice pokemon!" Lawrence said, before calling out "Fake Out!" Delcatty ran up to Bagel, before running back a bit, putting on an act of being scared. Bagel snorted in disapproval and Annika stared in disbelief before Delcatty turned back towards him and hit him in the face. Bagel was so shocked he stepped back a bit, unable to move afterwards and Annika was confused.

"Now Disarming Voice!" Delcatty let out a sweet cry, and Bagel started feeling bad that he was going to fight this pokemon. But he had to and shook off the feeling. Annika finally got her shit together and shouted

"Bagel! Ice Fang!" Bagel ran forward, his teeth covering with ice, and bit down onto the Delcatty.

"Double Slap!" Lawrence shouted, and Delcatty turned to Bagel, slapping him with its paws until he let go.

"Now Thunder Fang!" Annika shouted, and Bagel's teeth surrounded with electricity as he bit back down onto Delcatty.

"Hmm, more an offensive attacker I see…" Lawrence observed, and he called out "Delcatty, attract!" Delcatty sent hearts over to Bagel, and he let go, looking perplexed at it.

"Shit she's a girl" Annika said, then called over "Spark, Bagel!" Bagel's body covered in electricity and he knocked her over. He felt really bad because of this so he helped her up.

"Double Slap!" Lawrence yelled, and Delcatty started slapping Bagel repeatedly until he got away.

"Spark again!" Annika yelled, and once again Bagel's body covered in electricity. This time, however, he didn't charge forward. Instead he let the electricity rush away.

"Play Rough!" Lawrence shouted, and Delcatty rushed forward, hitting Bagel in the chest and knocking him back.

Annika was contemplating on what to do next. She decided to do another Spark and hope it would hit. "Spark one more time!" Bagel's body once again covered in electricity, and the electricity once again faded away.

"Double Slap!" Delcatty ran up, about to slap Bagel once again.

"Dodge it!" Annika shouted, and Bagel thankfully obeyed, moving out of the way. "Spark!" Annika shouted, pleading that he would attack it and possibly paralyze. Bagel didn't let the electricity fade away this time, though. He ran up and hit the Delcatty, knocking her over once again. She got up and brushed it off.

"Play Rough!" Delcatty ran up to Bagel and hit him again, this time knocking him over. He managed to get back up as Annika said "Okay, fine! Bagel use Crunch!"

Bagel's teeth started glowing and he ran up to the Delcatty, biting down on her. She cried out in pain as his teeth bit down deeper.

"Double Slap!" Lawrence cried.

"Dodge it!" Annika called out, and Bagel let go of the Delcatty right as she was about to slap him into oblivion. "Now use Ice Fang!" Bagel once again bit down on the Delcatty, his teeth surrounded by ice.

They could tell that the Delcatty was getting weaker as Lawrence called out "Use disarming voice!" The Delcatty cried out, and Bagel felt really bad that he had hurt her so much and let go, kinda unwilling to keep going but still wouldn't give up just yet.

"Thunder Fang!" Annika called out, and Bagel's teeth surrounded with electricity. He bit Delcatty once more, and this time sparks surrounded the Delcatty as she screamed. Bagel once again let go, feeling bad.

"Double Slap!" Lawrence shouted, and Delcatty attempted to hit, but the electricity stopped her from moving.

"We got this, Bagel!" Annika shouted. "Spark!" Bagel's body started covering with electricity, but it disappeared and he didn't move.

Lawrence shouted "Play Rough!" Delcatty ran up to Bagel and hit him in the chest, knocking him over. He managed to get back up, but by this point he was panting.

"Come on, Bagel!" Annika shouted. "Spark!" Bagel's body covered in sparks as he ran up to the Delcatty, hitting her and knocking her over. She tried to get up, but she failed and laid on the floor, unconscious. After a bit, Steven shouted, "Delcatty has fainted, Annika is the winner for this round!" The crowd cheered, and Annika retrieved Bagel, waving.

After Lawrence retrieved his Pokemon, he approached Annika. "Good match!" he said. "Your Luxio is pretty strong!"

"He was my starter" Annika replied. "So I'm not surprised"
"Your starter, huh? In my days, starters were set Pokemon. It wasn't often that starters were different than the usual." Lawrence said, thinking.

"Well, times change, and so must we!" Annika replied.

Lawrence smiled, growing a liking to this young lady. "I'll be rooting for you in battles to come!" He said, offering his hand.

Annika smiled back and grabbed it, saying "Thanks!" They shook each others hands, and went on their way.
1x Pokedex
10,050 Poke
5x Super Potion
2x Potion
6x Great Ball
4x Poke Ball
1x Mysterious Blue Stone
1x TM01 Focus Punch
1x Festival Tourney Pass
1x Drawing Notepad
1x Pencil